birth beads - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've been wearing my necklace a lot more lately in anticipation of birth but i don't think i'm going to actually wear it while i birth. has anyone actually worn their beads? or any other special jewelry?

stephanie asl.gif

#2 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
i've been wearing my necklace a lot more lately in anticipation of birth but i don't think i'm going to actually wear it while i birth. has anyone actually worn their beads? or any other special jewelry?
with my last child i wore my rosary bracelet that a dear friend gave me and my grandmothers ring

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#3 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 AM

I am planning to bring my beads to the birth center and hold them/look at them for part of labor for the positive vibes (and sparkly, colorful distraction). I have worn them a few times also.

I won't wear them during labor because I have this vision of getting frustrated and pulling them off, and the cord breaking, and having all those beads in the birth tub :

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#4 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM

I strung mine during the early hours of labour last week, but after admiring them, hung them on the wall by the birth pool to look at during labour. They sure are nce

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#5 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM

I wore mine the day that I put them all together. Then I took the necklace and bracelet off and laid them on my birth altar waiting for the day when I can put them back on in labor.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#6 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM

I made mine into an anklet that was actually too small for me while I was pregnant... but during labour my mantra was "if I can just get through this I'll have my ankles back!" So now I've got a nice sparkly anklet to wear in the summer.
#7 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 06:19 PM

I wore mine for my two showers, it made a great conversation piece. We'll have to see what happens during labor. It will be going with me at the very least.
#8 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM

I have mine in my bag to take to the hospital. Problem is, my mom strung them on wire for me...and they look lovely...but I don't think I'll want to wear it during labor, at least not around my neck. I'm thinking I might wrap it 2x around my wrist...

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page