Constant BH Contrax? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-08-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went for a walk yesterday and since then I've been having BH contrax pretty much constantly. They weren't painful or anything except for the one that managed to squeeze an intestine full of gas, which woke me up, but everything triggers them - position changes, baby moving, thoughts. I'm staying really hydrated and am a bit tired as I'm not really sleeping much, but do you think there is any cause for concern? They're an annoyance more than anything else and I'm 37 weeks so "safe" for all intents and purposes.

ILANA
#2 of 7 Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM

I think I've been getting constant BH contractions for at least two months now. I feel them all the time. Almost everytime I bend over, get up off the couch, pick up dd, etc. I don't see them being any cause for concern at all. I figure it's just my body gearing up and "working out" to be ready for the big day.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#3 of 7 Old 05-08-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

I've been feeling them regularly since about 16 weeks but this is different. It's like my belly is consistently hard, like they are coming right on top of each other. They've been better today but in the evening they get really bad.

ILANA
#4 of 7 Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM

I too have been having ones just like that for about 4 weeks now. I get really frustrated because I just know that means that they are JUST BH--since real contractions will be in a pattern versus NO pattern! But I have had days when I cant tell the difference between having these and just being normal---because it feels I am having them sooo much! My MW will say--your having a contraction aren’t you---and I will say "oh that....I have that all the time!"
I understand your pain sister---its quite frustrating and exhausting!!

We’ll just hang in there I guess…do we have any other options??:

LS, Kinda crunchy wife to DH, mama to DS(5/2007) & one sweet little girl due May 2010,
#5 of 7 Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM

I'm in the same boat...yesterday midwife asked how many times a day I had contrx, and I was like, "Ha! I have them like every 7-10 minutes!" It's been that way off and on for a couple months.

Aspiring midwife-mama to 2 beautiful homebirthed boys ages 3 and 6...
#6 of 7 Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 AM

Yep same here! Its frustrating, yet good that our bodies are prepping!
#7 of 7 Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Hi everyone!
I used to be in the April ddc but my due date was off a month, we've found! It was strange because I was feeling a WHOLE BUNCH of these BH since the end of March and I thought for sure I was about to go into labor but nothing has happened. They're getting stronger at times and my baby has dropped down so there's a lot of pressure sometimes, but not much else going on.

it's really good to hear that you all have such similar things going on with your bodies. I thought I was the only one with constant, persistant BH for months!

I am "due" around today, so let's hope things pick up!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page