Bored out of my mind - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm right on the cusp of the May and June DDCs, but I've felt since day one that this baby will be born in May, so I tend to put myself over here...

Still, now that it is May, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to have this kid. I started with the very serious, very regular, very uncomfortable "false" labor contractions...they would last anywhere from 10 to 14 hours at a time, coming just about every other day...I'm about 2 cm dilated, but nothing else is really going on, just these totally uncomfortable contractions.

Anyway, I was very excited for the first week of this stuff thinking that I would have the baby soon (my babies are typically early), but by the end of the second week, I'd given up hope and have tried to convince myself that it's ok if I'm pregnant until Christmas.

But I'm feeling very impatient and very anxious and also, get this, very bored.

Since August 2005 (until now), I've been pregnant for a total of almost 17 months. I was pregnant this time last year (miscarried shortly after Mother's Day). I've been pregnant A LOT...and it is frustrating that with all this being pregnant, there is still no baby.

On top of that, I am pretty much house-bound and limited on activity. If I'm on my feet for more than 10 minutes, my ankles swell to gigantic proportions and they hurt so bad...plus they don't go back down to normal size for two days, at least. So, this means no shopping, no walking, cleaning the house in short bursts, so on and on...

Medically, I'm fine, but I'm just supposed to be "taking it easy".

I'm bored. I'm tired of being pregnant. I'm ready for my baby. And my husband is sick of my whining (although he'd never say so).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 02:38 PM

The end of pregnancy is such a hard time!! Did you read the article that I posted a few days ago about the last few weeks of pregnancy and why they are so importnant? I'll go post a link to it. It might help ease your mind just a little bit...

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 05-08-2007, 02:39 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=668514

There it is.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 05-08-2007, 02:51 PM

I get really (REALLY) swollen feet too, but I actually find that increasing circulation (taking a warm bath or getting in a good walk) makes the swelling much better. You need some good compression stockings Then get out of the house! I'd go insane sitting around the house all day. Sitting on the computer makes the swelling so much worse because the chair I have puts presssure on the backs of my legs.

I was feeling really desperate to not be pregnant a few weeks ago, but for some reason I'm okay with it now. I think the reality of caring for a newborn has made me want to enjoy what little time I have left! You won't be pregnant forever, I promise :
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 PM

i hear ya sister!!

but i second the compression socks, they are the ONLY way i have survived these months. i get the worst veins and swelling without them. they make walking around my neighborhood possible, my main "hobby" these days!!

that said --since last week -- my legs are killing me (i think i have v.veins in my inner thighs, or maybe its my nerve?) so i havent been able to move as much as i would like, which sucks royally. i can (hobble) make it to the grocery store, and walk the dogs, slowly, but thats about it.

i hate feeling so crippled. i walk around with a grimace on my face. i want it to end too!!

argh! thanks for letting me vent!

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 05-08-2007, 03:47 PM

for the swelling, I swear by yoga. I do some poses every day, and I haven't had ANY pitting edema in this pregnancy. Find a class - this will also give you a place to comiserate with other pregnant women IRL. I know it's not fun... hang in there, ok?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:47 PM

Vitamin B-6 helps swelling.

I have no edema as long as I take my B-6
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
The end of pregnancy is such a hard time!! Did you read the article that I posted a few days ago about the last few weeks of pregnancy and why they are so importnant? I'll go post a link to it. It might help ease your mind just a little bit...
Thanks, Eaglevoice.

I hadn't read that, but I did just now.

I appreciate you finding the link for me.

I'm still feeling impatient, but I'll try to reframe my perspective.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM

With two small children, I just WISH I were bored! Remember that in a few years, and you will laugh at yourself, how good you had it in the old days of being pg and just taking care of yourself. LOL
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 AM

Oh what I wouldn't give to sit with my feet up for a few minutes during hte day... ahhhhh... I remember sitting.

User Tag List