Unexpected UBAC - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
May 2007 > Unexpected UBAC
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 08:02 PM 05-24-2007
thank you!

bumping up for some of those post date mommas!!!
need some inspiration??

richella's Avatar richella 02:40 AM 05-25-2007
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you how the milk issue has been. Is it gone yet? How long did it take? I think it would make me really sad. But then, I don't think I could be a surrogate in the first place.
Jane's Avatar Jane 02:59 AM 05-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
The NICU here does not accept donor milk
OK - he's not your son, and it's his fathers decisions...but really...if the baby grew in your abdomen, is it really "donor" milk? Try not to get a communicable disease between hospital discharge and getting home to pump! They crazy.
:
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 06:52 AM 05-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
OK - he's not your son, and it's his fathers decisions...but really...if the baby grew in your abdomen, is it really "donor" milk? Try not to get a communicable disease between hospital discharge and getting home to pump! They crazy.
:
You make a point but the Father's chose to feed formula and if I were to pump it would have truely been a donation for other NICU babies.
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 06:54 AM 05-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by richella View Post
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you how the milk issue has been. Is it gone yet? How long did it take? I think it would make me really sad. But then, I don't think I could be a surrogate in the first place.
I have decided to continue to pump and currently I am storing and freezing. I am also looking into a donor program. If that does not work out, I will find someone else to donate too. I know quite a few people who know people, ya know?
ErikaLeigh's Avatar ErikaLeigh 08:07 AM 05-27-2007
what a great story!
PatchChild's Avatar PatchChild 10:23 AM 05-27-2007
Congratulations. And what a wonderful gift to be able to give someone. You are incredible.
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 05:49 PM 05-30-2007
Thank you!
Jane's Avatar Jane 06:05 PM 05-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
You make a point but the Father's chose to feed formula and if I were to pump it would have truely been a donation for other NICU babies.
That makes more sense after you clarified. Thank you for sharing your pregnancy and your birth story. It's a cool story.
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 04:26 AM 05-31-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
That makes more sense after you clarified. Thank you for sharing your pregnancy and your birth story. It's a cool story.
you're welcome! Sorry it was confusing
QuiteLikeRain's Avatar QuiteLikeRain 12:25 PM 05-31-2007
Amazing, you rock!
dancebaraka's Avatar dancebaraka 08:36 PM 06-01-2007
WOW!!! Amazing Birth Story from an Amazing Mama! :
roadfamily6now's Avatar roadfamily6now 03:41 AM 06-04-2007
we are all amazing!! I only did what I had to do in the situation. I am sure most of us could have done that.
1  2

Up