frivolous thoughts.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
birth talk is making me weary. i just wanted to share some of my frivolous thoughts for the day & would appreciate hearing yours, too....

-we have too many coffee cups
-i'm addicted to the daily show & the colbert report & am so glad the comedy channel plays reruns of it during the day
-i desperately want a patio set so we can start eating outide now that the weather is so lovely
-why can't my husband focus?
-i'm so thrilled my parents finally found a new house & it's only 1/2 hour away (as opposed to 2 1/2!!!)
-my sis quite smoking 5 days ago & i'm so proud of her! i know how tough it is am so thankful i was able to kick that habit before i had kids.

stephanie asl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 AM

oh fun!
- I'm excited to be the new owner of a website as of today
- I just realized that my Media Center has a ton of episodes of ER, Gilmore Girls, Bones, and Good Eats recorded. I didn't get to watch them during the school season and now I can kick back and watch all my favorite shows sans comercials all day long!
-I need to figure out how to save my data files and my photos to CDs so I can re-whatever it's called my computer. You know, make it like it was when it was new. . .what IS that called ?
-I can't wait until the new Harry Potter book comes out.
-I've been swimming twice this season and I can't wait to go again. I bought two new swim suits and a swim bag and I'm going tomorrow if all is
-my husband and I splurged on a Nintendo Wii and we are on level 8-3 of Super Paper Mario

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#3 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 AM

oh i love you for this topic.

but my mind is a blank, let's see....

--so so excited about that movie "knocked up" coming out in june. i want to take DB to the "infant" show (before 1 pm every tuesday) and just hang out in the cool darkness w/DH and drink a little guinness and LAUGH. (yes we have the super theatre with the waitservice, food and the beer...new mom heaven) (hopefully its really ok to drink a little guiness -- i hear its good for breastfeeding)

--just made some chocolate chip cookies, they are waiting for me downstairs....aw yeah

--i cant wait to tackle this barren ugly patch of my yard, tear out the poison ivy, and xeriscape it w/cactus and cool new plants and gravel. i just dream about it. fantasize about the day i can bend over again......i am a garden freak and i hate being such a cripple right now

--just got a few good new books today at half price books, YES!

--cant wait to watch the office tonight....

--decided that i want to buy a fancy schmancy baby book at the book store. screw being crafty, i just want to paste in photos and write in dates

--want to rent "walk the line" again and drool over joaquin-phoenix-as-johnny-cash

---deb----

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#4 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 AM

We are in the process of buying our first house.It will be final on the 30th.
I am sooooo excited.This will be the first time I get to paint the walls since I was 4.I am thinking about where I want to put things and how I want the yard set up.I am having fun watching all the TLC and HGTV and DIY network shows.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#5 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 02:30 AM

-I'm sort of annoyed that dh even hesitated when I asked him if he would mind putting dd to bed tonight. I've put her to bed every night for the last 5 months at least. I just want a few peaceful moments to myself.
-I went and got a pedicure today.
-I shaved my legs today!! For the first time in 3 weeks.
-I made some amazing cinnamon rolls from scratch and froze them so I can take them out and bake them the morning after the baby comes.
-I got some mini bread loaves so I can make the most delicious banana bread and freeze some of that, too.
-I was knitting some longies and realized that I forgot to switch to my larger needles when it was time to switch. I'm almost done with the entire pair and I've decided not to rip the whole thing out and just wait and see if it works...
-I can't stop eating watermelon. Though I think that might be the source of my excess gas these past few days

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#6 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 AM

--I am obsessed with Jamba Juice. I would eat all my meals there if I could.

--I got a pedicure (that I couldn't afford, but whatever) this week, and yay! the weather got hot just in time for me to have it out!

--I want nothing less than to cook anything ever. But I also don't want to leave the house, for anything, ever. So I'm in a bind.

--It would be nice never to answer the phone again except for DH's calls.

--I have been sooo fatigued, but when the MW asked my about it, I didn't want to say it was b/c I was up on MDC until 2 am for multiple nights in a row!

--Yesterday DH says to me at a restaurant, "DS needs a diaper." while holding DS and diaper bag and standing next to a bathroom. I said, "well, there's the diaper bag!" and it sounded really saucy, but gimme a break. He changes like 3 diapers a week, no exaggeration. He gets tiny violins from me, nothing more. Just wait till there's 2 of them, buddy! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#7 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Um yeah! This is what I needed.

My thoughts -

I'm jealous of all the pedicures. If we are still a 3 person family Sunday/Monday, I'm having one!

I *need* to clean the office/guest room. Otherwise, my stepdad (the person coming to support me right after baby's here) will have to sleep on a futon covered in cat hair. Oh did I mention the playboys under the futon that need to be thrown away. (LOL at DH for keeping them for 7 years - like they are too valueable to be thrown away)

I need to go for a walk today. Its not a want or desire. If I don't go for a walk today, I will be punished by being pregnant until the end of time.

My friends throwing me a baby shower slacked and so now I'm not having one. Everyone that I tell that too seem to think I should be upset. I'm relieved. I didn't wanna have to deal with all those people all at one time. I've become a social hermit.

Everytime DH says to wait until after such and such to have the baby, I cry. He doesn't understand why. (first it was get through the week, then wait until after my test tuesday, now its wait until he can work today and tomorrow for 36 hours of overtime)

I want the Universe to present me with our daughter for the best Mother's Day gift ever. I actually think that this will happen, just because I want it to.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#8 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Oooh, pedicures....I've been talking forever about going to get one as I haven't been able to reach my feet in awhile (I think if I tried hard enough I could but what would be the fun in that?)

-I'm enjoying sleeping when it's possible. For some reason between the hours of 7am and 11am are the best for that. At night....well, not so much.

-I have a gift card to a bookstore and reading would be so awesome right now (something unrelated to birth, pregnancy, children, and family...). Anyone have some good suggestions? It's been forever since I've read a book for pleasure!
#9 of 13 Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

what a joy to read all your frivolous thoughts!

today i've been thinking about...

- the tons of cat hair that is starting to overtake my house now that the weather is warming up (3 cats!?)
- the "forever" stamp - should i load up?
- our new patio furniture coming soon! i sold our old patio chairs on craigslist today to offset the cost....yippee for me!!!
- what else i want to get rid of during the upcoming neighborhood garage sale
- how happy i am that the weather is warm is sunny & i can hang clothes on the line again
- whether or not i want to dtd tonight. hubby is ready to start induction but i'm not sure i'm in the mood......and can't remember the last time i was.

stephanie asl.gif

#10 of 13 Old 05-12-2007, 08:51 PM

good thread idea--much needed IMO

--i am sick to death of not having spending $$$! i mean, i just want to go to freakin' tacobell when i feel like it those new 7-layer crunchwraps are awesome....!!

--NOTE TO SELF: i HATE scary movies. hate hate hate them. always have. so why the bleep do i let myself get sucked into them and then have contraction-uinducing sleepless nights because of them?? Oh yeah, because i have no money to go out, so i watch tv

--i wish my mom would quit freaking out about when this baby will come! i'm only 2 days overdue. it's not like you can be pregnant forever.

--need to read more harry potter! the pace that i keep to read to my kids at nite isn't cutting it for me I have 4 more books to get thru before July 21st after all..!! :

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#11 of 13 Old 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM

Hmmm...let's see!

-I am obsessed with taking luxurious baths lately. I'm using all kinds of nice bath stuff (most from Lush!). Some thing about knowing I won't be able to take a bath for a while after baby is born makes me want to savor these last few days.

-Phish Food (ben and jerry's flavor) is seriously addictive. I go through about a pint every other day : The girls want to share...um, no!

-I can't wait for my mom to get here next week. We're going to go to a bead store and make pretty jewelry. I've had the itch for a while now and I cannot wait! We're also going to find our way to a yarn store because...you know...a girl can never have enough yarn.

-I'm totally digging drugstore.com For some reason I ordered a bunch of natural cleaning supplies and cannot wait for them to arrive.

-I got a pedicure last week and it was horrible. The guy put some gel on my heels to help remove my calouses (sp?) and he accidentally got some on my ankle and the top of my foot. I have open wounds where it ATE MY SKIN OFF. Seriously, a big ol' scab on the top of my foot and some smaller ones on my ankle. I had no idea they made stuff that could do that.
#12 of 13 Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
-I got a pedicure last week and it was horrible. The guy put some gel on my heels to help remove my calouses (sp?) and he accidentally got some on my ankle and the top of my foot. I have open wounds where it ATE MY SKIN OFF. Seriously, a big ol' scab on the top of my foot and some smaller ones on my ankle. I had no idea they made stuff that could do that.
That's the reason I've been so hesitant to actually go to get a pedicure! My last (and first ever) was HORRIBLE! They used that cheese-grater thing on the bottoms of my feet and it made cuts that lasted for months. I could barely walk for a week...that is not something I want to have right as I'm going into labor, ya know?

-we bought a really nice glider today. $435! I usually would NEVER spend that kind of money on myself but we had some cash from baby showers so obviously the money was meant for something like that! It is so deluxe. I can't wait till the order is in.

-I'm feeling really social lately (I'm a backwards pregnant woman I guess) but I have no one to hang out with. All my friends live all over the place from a town an hour away to a tiny island in the Caribbean. Excuse me while I have a pity party, thank you.
#13 of 13 Old 05-13-2007, 03:56 AM

I looked down at myself tonight and thought I have really nice cleavage.:
I am waiting for my mom to come.DH is picking her up at the airport right now.I haven't spent Mother's day with her in about 8 years.
DH gave me a bouqet of tropical flowers and a box of Godiva chocolates for Mother's day.He has forgotten the last two so this was really nice.
I am thinking about how to start packing the house and the delegation of chores.
Everytime I sit down today I fall asleep.ZZZZZ.....
Somebody else reminded me I need to go toa bookstore and stock up.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page