Chat thread for May 11 thru May 17 ~ Jabber Jabber Jabber - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2007, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Rachel!

Oooh green nail polish. I painted my nails and toenails this bright ass pink. It was lovely. But now, I have bitten and peeled it all off over the course of..umm today. DH's first day back at work started out smoothly, but by the end of the day I was a little frazzled. Ugh, anyways - I hope you find that box of newborn clothes soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2007, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
With dd I did my toes and it was pretty worn off by the time she came. Same for the food I had made, we ate most of it before I went into labor. This time I still have a tub of split pea soup in the freezer, a couple burgers, and a no longer full cookie jar. But the house is pretty clean, thanks to dh.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Well, I am feeling much better today. Home again with sick kids (first one to get it was sent home this morning for puking again) and sick, puking me. I finally feel like things are starting to move labor-wise and I just have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady is much better than fast and painful and eventful and is the reason why the last labor was one I wouldn't mind repeating, especially since I need to stay at home until the last minute this time. Anyway, I've had regular but mostly easy contractions since yesterday morning and feel good about them. Now everyone please get healthy!!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope everyone is on the mend.

Heidi
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry things are so pukey at your house efpookie!

I'm 40+4. Today MW said I am not much effaced but fully dilated to 2 cm, which is an improvement over last week. Was much more effaced at this point last pg but she said that is a typical difference btwn 1st and 2nd pregnancies. got a squirt of epo to the cervix and she stretched it a little, a technique I had never heard of. She said it would be uncomfortable but it wasn't really.

After the appt I felt more open, and I had a little emotional release. Later today I started having more b/h so maybe things will be moving along faster now. If I come to the appt next week I have to have a NST, which I don't mind per se but not entirely comfortable with the implications.

I said I thought I'd been having more contractions a couple weeks ago, and she said she'd had another patient say that today. That got me thinking about the moon cycle, and sure enough today is the new moon, which might explain why things have been a little slower around this ddc than a couple weeks ago, and the waxing moon will pull the babies out of us!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Since this is already a pretty downer thread (s to all you mama's who need them) I won't feel too badly adding a little sad realization I just had.

4 years and one hour ago my dad passed away.

I've been having contractions on and off for a week now and tonight I've been encouraging them because it just feels right. I wonder if this baby will be born on my dad's death day. I think I would like that. I think my mom would like that too (she said something about it a few days ago).

Anyway.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Since this is already a pretty downer thread (s to all you mama's who need them) I won't feel too badly adding a little sad realization I just had.

4 years and one hour ago my dad passed away.

I've been having contractions on and off for a week now and tonight I've been encouraging them because it just feels right. I wonder if this baby will be born on my dad's death day. I think I would like that. I think my mom would like that too (she said something about it a few days ago).

Anyway.
oh laura...that would've been wonderful to have your baby on the day your dad passed! maybe you did & we just haven't heard from you!? it must be hard to be facing the birth of a child knowing that one of your parents is not around to share it. well....i'm sure he's sharing in it in some spirtual way!

stephanie asl.gif

User Tag List