No Baby yet? Whatcha eatin'? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any end of preg cravings? Do tell!

I haven't been eating the healthiest recently - too tired to cook much. So last night it was frozen Celeste pizza. Lunch today was leftovers, including a slice of canadian bacon and pineapple pizza and a portabella mushroom crabmeat thing I made a few nights ago. And now I'm craving Mexican, something beany, cheesy and chickeny. I think I can talk DH into us all going out to an early dinner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 05-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzmama View Post
Anyone have any end of preg cravings? Do tell!

I haven't been eating the healthiest recently - too tired to cook much. So last night it was frozen Celeste pizza. Lunch today was leftovers, including a slice of canadian bacon and pineapple pizza and a portabella mushroom crabmeat thing I made a few nights ago. And now I'm craving Mexican, something beany, cheesy and chickeny. I think I can talk DH into us all going out to an early dinner.
I was just thinking about this a minute ago when trying to decide what to have for dinner. I'm thinking chili because I know that's going to be offensive to little one once he's nursing. We had a Mexican food a bunch last week, but I've had stuff on hand to make chili for about a month and haven't done it yet. Better do it tonight.

I'm also baking some cupcakes right now. I've been in a very bakey mood for 2 days now. Banana muffins yesterday (which I don't even actually like) and now cupcakes.
#3 of 22 Old 05-12-2007, 07:11 PM

No cravings but I am going to go have some spinach raviolis.

Love those things
#4 of 22 Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 PM

I can't eat as much as I'd like cuz it all gives me massive heartburn. I can't bend down to pick up dd's toys without getting terrible esophagus pain. I joke that I'd weigh 10lbs more if it weren't for the heartburn.

I've been enjoying apples and peanut butter most every afternoon. It is soooo good and I've never eaten it before in my life. Usually it's after a walk or bit of exercise.

Other than that it's grill season, so burgers, marinated meats, etc make it Daddy's duty
#5 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 01:48 AM

We had thai food last night! yummy!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#6 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 01:54 AM

I had today:

Cereal with soymilk
RRL tea
2 apple cider donuts from the farmers market
blackberry yogurt drink from local farmer
slice of pizza (it is Brooklyn afterall)
cheese sandwish with strawberries and huge bowl of spinach
popcorn with a movie tonight
RRL tea

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#7 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 02:13 AM

um...: .....Smartfood white cheddar popcorn.....Otter pops....hey, here's something healthy; carrots with peanut butter! LOL And lots of water!

I crave starchy, sugary stuff now...good thing I ate fairly well prior to this month.
#8 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 AM

I forgot my new favorite! I bought some organic lemonade frozen mix (so no HFCS which is important to me) and I have been making popsicles with it. I LOVE it.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#9 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 02:20 AM

Tonight its burgers and tater tots.DH bought me a box of Godiva chocloates and I am going to eat them all.
I get heartburn no matter what Ive eaten or not eaten or when I last ate.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#10 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 AM

mmm we went out last night to our favorite diner where I satisfied my craving for big fluffy pancakes

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#11 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 AM

everything in sight :
#12 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM

I haven't been eating the healthiest. I've been craving beef - which is weird for a former vegetarian (gave it up first trimester because beans, tofu and other protein staples were making me so so sick... hoping to go back - at least somewhat - once the babe gets here). I made the "inducing" eggplant parm recipe from that restaurant in Atlanta last night - so far, no luck... I also had ice cream last night - which after the eggplant parm - with 4 different types of cheese - means at least I got my calcium fix. I try really hard not to give in too much to all the junk I want to eat, but I'm not doing so great...
#13 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Cider donuts! Organic lemonade popsicles! YUM!

This morning I am treating myself to a Dunkin Donuts egg and cheese sandwich on a croissant.
#14 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 05:17 PM

i am pp, but i was soooo hungry the days right before labor & for the first 4 days afterwards...
#15 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 06:06 PM

ooooh ya.... my cravings are more intense now than EVER! And i've been so hungry and eating so much. On the flip side... i get a feeling that seems like hunger, but maybe thirst, or maybe nausea... maybe need to yawn... LOL. I don't know what that is so i just eat and drink to try and get rid of it hahaha.

I'm eating.... lots of melon, strawberries, other fruit too but mostly melon for sure. Fish. Beans. Way too many triscuit crackers
OH! And far too much sugar in the form of homemade "orange julius" that i can't stop making and drinking now that i figured out the recipe.

Next stop... curried tuna on toast! YUM

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#16 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Lots of black iced tea (not herbal, it gives me heartburn, but black is ok??? weird)
#17 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 PM

i am craving sweets a ton. and i'm mostly giving in to the cravings.

the bummer is that i am also pretty nauseous. especially in the mornings. i have to be really careful what i eat and how fast or else it will all come right back up.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#18 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 PM

We made super good falafel tonight and I had mine on a salad with cucumbers, artichoke hearts, lettuce, and a garlic yogurt dressing. Yum.

#19 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm craving sugar lots of sugar. I also have been craving sweet tea which I usually don't care for all that much. Most of my cravings revolve around ultra-sweet beverages that I don't need. I could take a bath in that raspberry sweet iced tea they sell at Sonic. So yeah I am definately not doing good with the eating healthy, to say the least.

Breakfast:
eggs
sausage
biscuit
grits
choco milk

lunch:
sausage left over from breakfast on a hot dog bun with mustard
sparkling water

snack:
cheesecake
caff free coke

dinner:
ice cream
mac and cheese with jalapeno hot sauce
cheeseburger with bbq sauce left over from last night
water

:

Resigned from teaching to be a doula and freelance writer.  run.gifMommy to blahblah.gif (06/05) and Peace.gif(05/07) and bouncy.gif(09/09) and fly-by-nursing2.gif(02/11)

#20 of 22 Old 05-13-2007, 11:16 PM

Now I just ate spinach cheddar crepes, potato pancakes, strawberries, banana, more iced tea, and a cheesecake ice cream with raspberry mixin from Cold Stone Creamery.

Mmmmmmm. Now I will burst.
#21 of 22 Old 05-14-2007, 01:11 AM

Mmm... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one cravin sweet stuff (and eating it)... But for dinner, I had a salad with baked salmon. That was healthy, but I can't say the same for the pizza I had for lunch or the cinnamon toast crunch I had for breakfast. Weird because I don't eat cereal very much and I never buy the sugary stuff, but I can't stop eating cinnamon toast crunch this last couple weeks.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#22 of 22 Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 AM

i will eat whatever anyone ELSE -- besides me -- cooks.

i cant move very well so -- cooking is too much to contemplate. ugh.

in other words, lots of canteloupes, watermelon, pineapple, cereal! and burritos!!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page