Rectal pain/pressure? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke up this morning and as soon as I walked into the kitchen I was overwhelmed with intense pressure and shooting pain in my rectum. It sent me to the couch in tears, I managed to pass gas and felt slightly better, only for it to come back again. I know it was related to the gas, but why such intense pain and pressure? Anyone else experience this? Im wondering if its a sign of labor, or just baby's head engaging and putting pressure on my bottom.
#2 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am not sure what it is just want to say HUGS.

Heidi
#3 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 AM

I get pretty intense rectal pressure and it can be very painful. I had this with ds at the end also. For me it happenes after the baby has dropped and gotten more engaged because there is so little room down their and so much pressure. Perhaps you just dropped and so you are noticing it now?

Either way, try to get the gas out and try to make sure you are having very regalar BMs in order to keep the pain at bay.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#4 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 10:53 AM

If you find my birth story (the birth of Willow Rose) you can read all about how I thought my "constipation" was actually labor.

It's horrible, I know it went on for 2 days before she finally arrived. I was telling my husband that I wasn't so sure I could do it - I mean if constipation was hurting me that bad, what would actual labor be like? I ended up getting all the way to 9.5 cm without even knowing I was in labor.

Try to get as much rest a possible. Hot baths and heating pads seemed to help me a little.
#5 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 AM

You know, I don't know what its from, but it happens occasionally to me. I don't remember it with my son, but the baby dropping explanation makes a lot of sense to me.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#6 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 11:48 AM

I've been getting really painful gas. I think it's a combination of pressure from baby's head and all. Ouch. It stops me in my tracks.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#7 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM

I've been getting loads of rectal pressure, it feels like the baby is going to pop out of my bum at times I'm guessing that it is his head pressing down on my rectum. I've also been blessed with horrible constipation.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#8 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM

I've had that occasionally lately!! It hurts SO BADLY!!!
I think it is caused from the pressure of the baby now that it is so low (?) I know that some of the stronger contrax i've felt in the last few days are pretty intense in that area too :/

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#9 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

I spoke to my midwife and she said it was most likely the baby's head dropping. And a trapped fart I get these shooting pains low in my pelvis/bladder area too, more today then ever though.
#10 of 10 Old 05-14-2007, 06:22 PM

After one of my mc's a midwife told me that hormones can cause those pains. And you know how all those muscles down there are involved in birth, so it does kinda make sense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page