A new who's still here thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
w/dd I never saw any signs of mucous, didn't feel much happening until my water broke, so that was the first sign for me.

I had a stretch but no sweep (which I thought was the same as strip?) last week. It actually felt kind of good afterwards, very relaxed and open, and I had a little emotional release. I thought labor might start that night, but no. I would welcome stretch again, but would be very hesitant to agree to a sweep.

Going in tomorrow and will have to have a NST. I am okay with that. I'll be at 41+3, and dd took a little longer I think, so I'm not worried. Just a bit crabby and tired of having to go out to the car every evening to get my toothbrush.

As for puffiness and crampiness, been having that for weeks now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still checking in on you all.
#33 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 03:13 PM

41 weeks and 1 day. perfect tests yesterday (nst and bpp, ultrasound etc)

going insane!!!!

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#34 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 03:17 PM

If I am still pregnant on Thursday it will officially be the most pregnant I have ever been.

At my appointment on Friday, which I really didn't think I was going to make it to, I'm sure my OB will want to set an induction date. My due date is Sunday and since I am diabetic it is actually nothing short of miraculous that he hasn't even mentioned the word "induction" up to this point. (Just one of the reasons I like him.) I will ask if we can try a stretch/sweep first and then push the induction date back to the latest possible date he feels comfortable with. I feel strongly that this baby is very ready to come out so if we can set an induction date for, say, late next week, I bet he will come on his own before then. And maybe it won't even be an issue and I won't even make it to the Friday appointment! I had another false alarm last night where some relatively intense, non-BH-feeling contractions came 6 minutes apart for two hours, but then as per usual they fizzled out again. Sigh.
#35 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I'm still here, too, at 39 weeks 3 days. I had been having contractions daily for several weeks that suddenly stopped. This morning I woke up feeling achey and crampy, but nothing yet. No mucous plug, no bloody show, nada.

For those of you who have been through this before, does everyone lose their mucous plug? I keep looking out for it as if it is THE sign that things are finally going to start happening.
i lost mine weeks ago and then it came back. I never lost it with the other three.

fyi guys the day before i had this one i felt normal like i would be pregnant forever. there is a light promise!

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#36 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Ugh, I just got back from my midwife appointment and she said the baby is still high in the pelvis... not engaged in the slightest. Looks like I might be here for the long haul! She did say, though, that he is in a great position for birthing, so if only he would drop!!
#37 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 PM

i'm still here and still pregnant. last night i actually slept pretty well so today was not as bad as yesterday was.

my midwife came over today and the baby is lower-yay!- but still sort of resting on my pubic bone. what can i do to help him to slide under???? i've lost a pound or two also so that's got to be some kind of sign. been contracting as usual today. took the kids and the dh to the mall to walk a little tonight and that did get me contracting a little harder. we'll see if it lasts. i'm trying to do some nipple stuff too but my nipples are kind of sore and i really don't like it.

my midwife wants me to do an u/s and nst at 41 weeks, which she thinks is friday. i am really hoping to have the baby before then though.

how are the rest of you all holding up?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#38 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 PM

I'm still here. I've been having strong BH for a couple months, but they are getting more and more intense and closer together. I'm so excited, and I'm so impatient! Ds went 12 days "over." Right now, I'm 39wks. I'll be 40wks according to my ultrasound on Thursday, but I think it's about 5 days off (not that that matters.)

Aspiring midwife-mama to 2 beautiful homebirthed boys ages 3 and 6...
#39 of 50 Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 PM

I'm still here too, but I will only be 39 weeks tomorrow so I expect that it will be awhile longer. I had some strong contractions last night for a few hours, but they faded out.
#40 of 50 Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM

On Monday at my MW's appointment I asked her to do a cervical check because I've been feeling so impatient. I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced and the baby was at +1 station.

Yesterday afternoon I started to lose my mucous plug, but it is coming out a little at a time, not the big plop of plug I expected for some reason. I've been having achey, menstrual like cramps for the last few days. Not sure if this is because things are really starting to happen or because of the vaginal exam.

Still hanging in there...

treehugger.gif
#41 of 50 Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM

laneysprout, the cramps are you effacing. So good for that!
I am here. EDD is tomorrow. I had a vag exam at my study group on Monday (and let FIVE people learn on me how to do one!) and my cervix is so far back and so posterior, we had to put two pillows under my butt for my midwife to find it! I'm like 1.5 cm and 80% effaced. So boring. BUT I knew this was going to happen and I know I just gestate longer.
#42 of 50 Old 05-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Still here with a cervix dilated to 4-5...sigh. Just hanging out now with mild cramping and ctx that go away at night for the most part. Losing bits of plug too.
I'm five weeks more pregnant than I have ever been!
#43 of 50 Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 PM

oooh 4-5 cms is a great start!! i've been pretty stoked i've been hanging out at 3cm for 3 weeks now. i figure...hey almost 1/3 of the way there!

nothing else happening though
#44 of 50 Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm STILL still here

18 days past my EDD now :/ I had a NST yesterday and it went well all the numbers are great, baby is happy and healthy and my health is great too. of course all through the NST the nurse talked about why we need to be induced (only for being overdue) but no worries. I have a doctor's appointment friday.... so i guess i'll be getting another NST then and probably an internal as well. No clue how dilated/effaced I am. The baby is very low though.

I have strong contractions at night and hardly anything during the day. If i sit on the toilet during contrax they get much more intense and feel like something is going to rip open down there!

Still losing chunks of mucous, no blood at all, loose bowel movements....

ya. Still waiting!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#45 of 50 Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

My NST was good. A little more dilation but not a lot. Baby is lower. MW is very relaxed, unlike my gf who called yesterday saying "You've gotta get that baby out! it's gonna get overcooked!"

But I'm feeling more ready. I think the stress is getting to dh, he is trying to stay on top of our business and be ready to leave for 2 days at any time.

Yesterday a toilet was running and it ran the well dry. We've had enough rain that it recharges pretty fast, but it draws lots of black sediment up into the pipes and the toilets and the water heater for days. In case I was having any doubts about not doing homebirth.
#46 of 50 Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Still here 40w..now with a cold!!! Sore throat, insane post nasal drip : I am crazy over this, I cant remember the last time I was sick. 2 year old DD has had a runny nose for a few days, I thought it was just teething. I have MW appt today, I dont think I'll bother getting checked, it just gives me something to anticipate. Although I do want to have the baby before MIL comes in on Tuesday!!!
#47 of 50 Old 05-26-2007, 11:29 PM

I'm still here! Thursday night I was up all night w/ ctx 2-3 min apart but not strong enough to feel like this is definitely it (although i think I thought that at times.) Finally slept for 2 hours, had a massage that morning and things kicked in strong again. Once I got up, it all basically stopped. Went and got acupuncture that was so intense I thought I was going to throw up or faint (she hit the "induction" points.) So, I was convinced that last night would be IT. Started having ctx at dinner time, forced myself to go to sleep at 8:30, and...well, I had the best night's sleep I've had in weeks No tossing and turning, no getting up to pee, no ctx. It was amazing and disappointing at the same time.

Ah, must be patient. Go with the flow. I went 12 days over w/ ds. I tried EVERYTHING w/ him and nothing worked except relaxing and surrendering. I'm not really "trying" anything this time. Taking a little evening primrose (just started that) occasionally dtd, walking a little every day, and drinking my quart of red raspberry most days. Really, I'm just trying to enjoy the last days w/ my ds as an only.

Aspiring midwife-mama to 2 beautiful homebirthed boys ages 3 and 6...
#48 of 50 Old 05-27-2007, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Today I'm 42 wks.
#49 of 50 Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm due May 31. Will be attempting a VBAC--my 2-yr-old DS was born at 35 wks via C-section.

I had NO idea what the last bit of pregnancy was like. I spent most of this PG preparing myself to be ready if this baby came early like her brother.

I'm so glad that she did not, but the waiting is one of the most challenging things I've ever endured!!! I can't believe how uncomfortable my body is. My doula is really trying to prepare me to go beyond my due date.... which I honestly had never even considered (sounds stupid, I know). I am trying to enjoy the last days of being able to fully focus on DS but it is hard when your body just hurts...

I was only 1 cm dilated and 70 percent effaced at last check (a few days ago), but have had contrax for weeks. I think the baby's head needs to come down a LOT before anything happens. I don't really feel a ton of pressure on the cervix.

For the mamas that are post-date and still waiting........my heart goes out to you!
#50 of 50 Old 05-29-2007, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Time for me to drop out of this thread!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page