The 'No May Baby After All' Club - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that there are 2 days left of our DDC's month, and technically a lot could happen in those 2 days-but I think there may well be a few of us who have accepted that this baby aint coming very soon...
I'm 41 weeks today (although by the due date that I was told I 'had' to stick with, up until last weeek, I would be 42+4, so I've been feeling very 'overdue' for a looong time now). I have absolutely no signs of a baby coming soon. It's seems weird because for such a long time I've been saying and believing that I'm having a baby in May, and now I don't think I will. Not that the name of the month really makes any difference, but it's just odd, somehow.
Not to mention that there is no longer much going on in the DDC other than birth announcements (which are lovely but make me sadder and more desperate), and I don't really feel like butting in on the June DDC, but it seems like there aren't many pregnant people left here. So, please, make yourselves known and share your experiences, so we can all commiserate together (or, if anyone is feeling really positive, share how great it is to be still pregnant and not yet dealing with baby issues...or something. I dunno, there's got to be a positive spin on this!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM

: I'm still here. I had the impression (many false labours) that the baby would be coming between 37 and 39 weeks but no. My original due date was the 17th, but early ultrasounds said it could be from the 25th to the 29th... and my midwife is taking the latest possible date, now that we've made it that far, in order to be able to legally come to my birth at home for as long as possible.

I've become increasingly gloomy and depressed over the last few weeks which annoys me because this pregnancy has really been a very positive one, and I've had nothing but good feelings (and a little apprehension, I've a spirited almost 20 month old) about when the wee one comes out. Really the only good thing I can think of is that our babies will be very matures and ready and healthy and strong when they come out. I'm feeling selfish and want to get out of this holding pattern and get on with life and doing things with my two children instead of waddling around in pain and misery dreading every outing I have to make (several daily) with my toddler because late pregnancy is so uncomfortable.
#3 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Still here.

Although my EDD was somewhere between May 22 and June 8, I was SO SURE that I would have this baby somewhere in early May, especially with the three weeks of serious false labor I endured from the end of April to the middle of May.

All signs pointed to a May baby. Even my doctor thought for sure that I'd deliver before the end of the month.

At this point, I'm about 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced...which, clearly, means NOTHING.

I've spent the last week or so trying to make peace with the fact that I'm just going to be pregnant until I'm not, and trying to be thankful for the healthy pregnancy and baby...but it has been difficult, especially since we were all so prepared for the delivery way earlier.

As it stands, I'm thinking that if I don't somehow have this baby tonight (yeah, ha, not likely), then it'll probably be at least Saturday.

Here's hoping that everyone crosses the finish line soon!
#4 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_s View Post
I've become increasingly gloomy and depressed over the last few weeks which annoys me because this pregnancy has really been a very positive one, and I've had nothing but good feelings (and a little apprehension, I've a spirited almost 20 month old) about when the wee one comes out. Really the only good thing I can think of is that our babies will be very matures and ready and healthy and strong when they come out. I'm feeling selfish and want to get out of this holding pattern and get on with life and doing things with my two children instead of waddling around in pain and misery dreading every outing I have to make (several daily) with my toddler because late pregnancy is so uncomfortable.
I just wanted to sympathize with the depression that seems to have set in here in the last couple of weeks.

I think it is especially bad when you get your hopes up that something is happening (false labor, early signs, etc) and then nothing.

Throughout the month of May, everyone had their bets on which day I'd deliver...and no one was shy about saying, "Oh, you're going to have the baby on the 2nd...the 12th...the 22nd..." and as each "sure" day passed, I would be further disappointed that I didn't have the baby.

For me, I've been pregnant for 17 of the last 24 months--having had two miscarriages since August 2005. So, I feel like I've been pregnant for-EV-er, and it is frustrating that we don't have a baby to show for it by now.

I'm sorry you're struggling with that late-pregnancy depression. I hope it lifts for you as soon as your baby is born.
#5 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 10:16 AM

hey....there's another full moon in may on the 31st! wishing you all "blue moon" babes!!!

stephanie asl.gif

#6 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
hey....there's another full moon in may on the 31st! wishing you all "blue moon" babes!!!
Yeah...my next ob appointment is the 31st, and my doctor has let it be known that if I'm interested in "nudging things along", he'd be willing to do something...I'm figuring he's talking about sweeping the membranes or something. So, I don't know if I'm going to actually take him up on it...I hear it is excruiating and is no guarantee that it will get the ball rolling.

Hoping the full moon will work her magic.

Thanks for the luck!
#7 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Checking in to offer support to those still waiting for their babies! Lets hope the full moon brings them on

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#8 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm still here... Last week I had a full day of early labor that petered out after going to the hospital. I was 4 cm. And everyday lately I wake up with some good crampy contractions that come 5 minutes apart for a couple hours and then...they go away!! Talk about depressing. My due date was the 24th. I feel a little better today since I woke up without any ctx and feel pretty good. I've stopped answering the phone and going anywhere I might see my friends. They're not offended(well, I'm sure the ones who have kids already aren't, the others will find out in their own time). But I'm tired of castor oil (I must have a stomach of iron since it didn't do anything!) EPO and RRL tea, homeopathics, baths, wine, sex, massage, bumpy roads, walking more, sleeping more, watching movies, crying, laughing....babies come when they want to come. I'm not a happy pregnant person, I mean, I'm not really UN-happy but I feel sort of PMS for nine months and that starts to wear on me by this time. It's living life in limbo. But maybe I just need to stop and smell the roses while I'm here, right?
#9 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 11:37 AM

hi ladies. I'm not sure if I should be posting here or not (i'm a june due date) but I've been looking at your threads. I just want to say I hope you all the best and feel free to come join us in the June 2007 club. I was lurking on your threads because I thought I might have my baby in May. (My dd was early, so I thought this one might be too) I just had a feeling from the beginning that my baby would be born in May but I guess maybe I was wrong. Join us in the June club. We'd love to have you.
#10 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM

I'm still here, too...40w. 4d. I saw my midwife today and she wants me to have an AFL and NST on Friday when I hit the 41 week mark. She offers induction at 42 weeks, but doesn't push it and has also offered to strip my membranes next Monday (@ 41w. 4d.) if I haven't gone into labor yet.

This is my first baby, so I knew there was a good chance I would go "late," but I still somehow thought it would happen early! I want to try to be patient, but I'm thinking about starting some natural induction methods (nipple stim, lots of sex, and RRL). Maybe not today, but definitely before I agree to castor oil or stripping the membranes.

I just feel like I'm going to be pregnant until New Year's .

treehugger.gif
#11 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just offering support to all of you. i know it feels like forever but sooner now rather than later you will all be holding your precious ones. be strong!

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#12 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM

Ahhh, thank you - a thread meant for someone like me.

I, too, am 41 weeks today. I can't get over the slew of birth announcements every time I open our DDC. So many of us giving birth...and many of us becoming resigned to June babies. Sigh. I, too, am sick of RRL tea, taking EPO, sex doesn't really appeal to me in my overblown state, nip stim - ugh.

I'm trying to appreciate the virtually unlimited one-on-one time I can still have with DS.

I had a 2nd NST this morning. All is well. I had a couple BH ctx during the test. So now I know that I've been having those for a long time - I was just never sure they were BH or just the baby stretching. And I've been having way more of them today since the test, so that's something. I go back Friday for another NST and will see the mw after. Blah blah.

Yes, there is a full moon coming - but it's on June 1st, right? (And the one on June 30th would be considered the blue moon, wouldn't it?)
#13 of 29 Old 05-29-2007, 08:01 PM

I thought the full moon was on may 31,st?

I think this full moon is called the blue moon
this is the website i got it from:

http://stardate.org/nightsky/almanac/
#14 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Yeah, the full, blue moon is the 31st. I think that is when I go. That'd be cool.
But I may have a June baby too.
I am 40+5(almost 6). I went to 41+5 with my son and then was induced.
This time, I am having kidney problems, so we're thinking of doing a little membrane sweeping tomorrow. Part of me is kind of disappointed as I am not feeling rushed or over excited or even over due like last time, but with all that's gone on, it's not so bad. Plus, it's not def going to send me into labor...and if my cervix is anywhere as unfavorable as it was Monday the 21st, no sweeping will get done.
So for now, just chillin, enjoying these days...
#15 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 02:56 AM

I've been watching the moon grow and thinking of you all, hoping its energy will bring those babies out of you!! May or June - it doesn't really matter, I just hope wonderful labors and births and babies for everyone.
#16 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Maybe I will join the June DDC too. I am either 12 days past due or 6 days past due. But who's counting!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#17 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Hi everyone, I'm still here at 41 weeks. I plan to have acupuncture today, maybe that combined with the blue moon tonight will help. I had a non stress test yesterday, all is well with the baby, ultrasound scheduled tommorrow for amniotic fluid levels. I am a little miffed at the "need" for interventions all of a sudden, I'm clear on standards of care and all that but it is frustrating to have to go through more tests and appts at this point! My midwife suggested Castor Oil to bring on labor but I'm saving that for next week (if I need it) the day before they want me to go to the hospital. My friends and family marvel at my patience and ability to gestate 10 months I'll see you all over in June...
Hang in there mamas, look how far we've come!!!
#18 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoogs View Post
I thought the full moon was on may 31,st?

I think this full moon is called the blue moon
this is the website i got it from:

http://stardate.org/nightsky/almanac/
Okay, cool. Well, a day earlier probably won't make much difference for me, although mentally a May baby is what I've been expecting all this time.
#19 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 02:58 PM

Still here too. 41w 3 d today. Had my first NST and fluid level check yesterday and I have a happy, healthy, wanting to stay in baby. Everyone keeps suggesting what I need to do to get this baby here, but I've chosen to just stay the course and let things happen when they are ready. You could drive yourself crazy trying to will labor to come on when it's clearly not ready. Scheduled for another NST Friday and possible membrane sweep... undecided yet. Hang in there mommas. Our babes will be here soon! After being pregnant for so long, what's a few more days at this point. As long as you and babe are healthy be thankful and know our babes will be here soon!
#20 of 29 Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM

well today is my due date (may 30!) but i have posted more in the june ddc all along. my ds1 came 11 days after his edd.

OF COURSE when we got to mid-may and i saw so many babies being born i got really really HOPEFULL that maybe i *would* actually birth in may. but my chances are looking pretty slim
#21 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 AM

I was feeling really cranky and emotional last night. Tired of not being comfortable, getting up to pee every hour during the night, and wiping drool off my face and just basically let-down. And here we are, May 31st! I'm not even having many BH ctx today so far. Cripes. At least it's a cool day here. I'm just counting the hours until my NST and mw appt tomorrow morning. Pitiful.
#22 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm losing hope.
I'll be 42 weeks on Tuesday and baby is nowhere near engaged. Head still floating loose at the brim. What the hell?
Thankfully the massive stress (entirely unecessary) that we had over my heart murmur and the insistence of one doctor that i was in hospital on iv antibiotics is now sorted. I am so angry that he put me through all that when it turns out it's not even hospital policy. I have had a week of stress and crying about it, when if I'd just seen a different consultant like the one I saw today, it wouldn't even have been an issue.

But now I just feel like giving up. I have been so screwed over by the inconsistency of our maternity care in this country. I have been made to feel 'overdue' for 3 weeks now, thanks to my original midwife's insistence that i stick with my LMP due date, despite me knowing it was wrong.
Thankfully, this morning I saw possibly the nicest midwife in the whole world, who told me how brave I was being and gave me a hug and was so encouraging. But she did also have to tell me that I have a damn high baby who looks to have no intention of coming out.

I'm to go back to the hospital on Monday, where the lovely hospital head midwife who was also really lovely and understanding has made sure that my appointment is with the least intervention/induction/section happy consultant there. Then I'll be getting a NST, U/S and a check of my cervix (no one has suggested that these be done so far which is good I guess), and we'll discuss 'what next'.

I was so so desperate to give birth at home and avoid all intervention, but I do have to accept that an undescended 42 week baby (by the latest possible dates) is out of the comfort zone for home delivery of the MWs who I have access to, and I can't fight that. I'm just so worried that I'm 'broken' in some way, and it just isn't going to happen on it's own. Of course, I'm not even sure what the induction options are if she doesn't drop-I think the OB mentioned prostaglandin if it seems to be because of an unfavourable cervix. I have been taking so much EPO and getting loads of cervical pains so I'm hoping that my cervix is OK (although I have had no change in mucus whatsoever)-but then surely if it is and that isn't the reason then there may well be something just effed up with my pelvis? I dunno. She seems to be a small baby by all accounts, and I'm tall with big feet...ack I just don't know.

She is still posterior, so I guess that could be a lot to do with it. I've been trying so hard with fetal positioning, but obviously not hard enough. Or perhaps that's just how she wants to be.

Sigh. I guess, one way or another, I will have a baby within a week. So I should just try and relax. I don't know if any of the natural induction methods are any good with her still so high up, and I'm so sick of eating pineapple! I had acupuncture yesterday, not sure if it will have done any good for hurrying things up, but it was good at releasing some of the intense stress I've been under. We had a really lovely meal out last night, went to see Spiderman 3 and had a great time, I had contractions-some actually painful-so I was getting my hopes up. Then on the bus home the driver was really rude to me and made me cry nonstop all the way home, which was followed by a massive freak out and about 3 hours sleep because I was so upset. So it isn't really surprising that all contractions stopped.

Perhaps I just need to completely de-stress. But now I'm thinking it can't just be a stress thing seeing as she's just in the wrong damn place. Maybe there really is something wrong with me. Aaaaagh. And I can't even have a stretch and sweep with her being so high (which is perhaps a good thing, but it takes away one not too invasive line of action so it's a bit annoying). Plus, if my waters break instead of me being all relieved I will just be paranoid about cord prolapse, and will be off to hospital after all.

And to cap it all, yesterday I got my first tummy stretch marks. Now that is unfair. Almost 3 weeks after I was kind of expecting/hoping to have a baby in my arms.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.:
#23 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM

nak

i remember that depression in late preg - awful. chiming in with some hugs & warm thoughts for you all
#24 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM

Argh, Beth, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, that you won't be getting a home birth. But at least you've seen some good midwives since your heart murmur ordeal.

And the late stretch marks, well that's just the icing on the cake, isn't it? I have god-awful ones above and below my belly button.

My DH called this afternoon from work and said he might have to stop going in, that it's getting stressful hearing his co-workers worry about our overdue unborn child. I said, "Welcome to my world!" I told him I didn't want him wasting his time off before the baby is born.
#25 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 PM

My DH is getting sick of the questions too. Everyday he goes in people practically fall over because he is there.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#26 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM

I'm still here...started having super intense ctx last night that lasted for 45 seconds and were 2-3 minutes apart. This lasted for about three hours and when I laid down to try and sleep they petered out to 5 minutes apart and then not much by this morning. I went to the MW for a cervical check and I'm 3 cm., but so far only sporadic ctx today.

I'm going in for a NST tomorrow, feeling like things are still okay. Just anxious to meet my (June) baby.

to us all

treehugger.gif
#27 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm not in your DDC but know how you feel. With DS I was due May 29th and he was born June 3rd. People who were due after me had their babies before me with DD!
Hang in there. Your baby will come. Just try to enjoy those last few days somewhat to yourself for a little while. Soon enough the only time you will have to yourself is a (hopefully) daily shower!
And...I don't know if this has any truth to it, but doesn't labor go faster when you are overdue? I've heard a lot of mothers say this and it was certainly the case with me!
#28 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#29 of 29 Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 PM

From a mama who has had two 42 weekers, I just wanted to give you all

When I was pg with dd1 my due date was May 27th (24th according to early u/s) and she wasn't born until June 11th! My birthday is June 8th and I figured there was no possible way that I could go past my b-day! Well, imo, june is a great month to be born...nice weather, schools about to get out, everyone is gearing up for summer. Gemini's are crazy, fun, and full of suprises!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page