feeling down about my post-pregnancy appearance - anyone else? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 4 weeks post-partum as of today (wow I can't believe it's been that long!) and have lost all but 2lbs of the 45 I put on. : I am unimpressed with the flabby empty stomach though... how long does it take for some (all???) of that skin to shrink back up and not be all loose and just hanging there?
My hips are still shrinking back in to thier original position too. I haven't even tried to put on my jeans yet, I just don't think that they'll fit yet, though I did buy a pair a size up from normal when I was 4 months pregnant so THOSE jeans might fit! I am currently living in three pairs of yoga pants and some "before and after" pants that I wore all through pregnancy. I only ever wore real maternity pants in the last 8 weeks or so.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
not to mention that in clothes I could definitely pass for about 6 months pregnant. It makes me not want to go in public at all b/c I'm afraid of how awful I'd feel if anyone asked me when I was due!
When I was about a week pp, someone that had known I was pregnant but didn't know I had her wondered when I was due! That was a lil sad.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#33 of 50 Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 AM

I got a haircut, did a home dye & a super cute outfit was gifted to me , painted my nails & splurged on some sandals ($7!!!) that were high heelish.

I did all this in an hour & a half away from Darci.

I cannot tell you gals the difference doing those superficial things made to my psyche. it really helped me to not get so depressed!
#34 of 50 Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM

I am a few pounds under my prepregnancy weight, but that was fat to begin with, even fatter than usual for me. And, even though I weigh the same as I did last summer I'm a different shape, meaning more belly flab and BACK FLAB! ICK! I'm done having kids, and now my goal is to lose 40-45 pounds.

I have 2 pairs of shorts from last summer (would only buy two pairs last summer because I was mad about being that fat as it was! LOL) two pairs of yogaish pants that are getting too big now, two pairs of maternity jeans that fall down only a little worse than they did when I was pregnant, and one pair of jeans that fit that have patches on them so are really obvious when I wear them twice in a row.

I have some cute BOOB nursing tops and that is about all I'm wearing. They are SO worth every penny. They are tightish around the midsection right now, but I just don't care enough not to wear them. I figure people know I just had a baby and can get over my belly.

If I can manage to tweeze my eyebrows and just take off the nail polish from my pedicure I had in late March, that'd be a huge improvement. My friend is throwing me a post-baby-shower-celebration type thing tomorrow and I'm really going to try to do those two things before it.

With my first kid, I was ten pounds under my prepregnancy weight at around 18 months. I was at my prepregnancy weight by 3 months I believe, then I got in better shape, then lost a few more pounds as I continued to breastfeed and be active chasing after a toddler.
#35 of 50 Old 06-03-2007, 02:12 PM

After my second, my hips never did shrink back (bone structure, not flab). So even tho I lost the weight, I couldn't fit into most size 6 because I have hips, kwim? Course, it doesn't look too bad as I keep the breasts to go with them.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#36 of 50 Old 06-04-2007, 02:11 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted (since before baby was born on May 9th). I'm 3.5 weeks pp. With DS1 I lost the weight by 6 months. With DS2 it took a little longer but that was because I had gained almost twice as much weight that time around. This time I gained 30 pounds and have lost about 22 so far. If you are bfing you burn an extra (appr.) 500 calories a day so it helps burn off the extra weight. I'm wearing maternity pants and shorts still and some postpartum pants that I bought in the last months of the pg (www.breastfeedingmoms.com has some nice stretchy pants that don't look like maternity pants).
#37 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 PM

It's starting to get better this week - I fit into my one pair of leftover "fat" pants - other than that it's been first trimester prego clothes. Problem is between #4 and this one I finally lost all the weight from the first 4, down to fitting in my wedding dress again!!, and tossed most of my "fat" clothes and bought a bunch of new - which now don't fit. I have a YMCA membership waiting to be activated but babe is only 2 weeks old, so I'm still a few weeks from being able to swim and work out :-(. The boobs are the toughest part for me - even in maternity shirts they look funny/don't fit.
#38 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM

I'm almost 7 weeks pp and still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I broke down and bought a pair of shorts and capri pants to wear in public and am living in yoga pants at home. It's very frustrating because I was within a few pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight at 2 weeks pp and then GAINED 10 lbs back. How??? Why??? I don't know... I'm walking and being careful about what I eat... I return to work in less than 3 weeks. I fear that I'm going to have to buy some new dress pants beforehand but keep putting it off. I am so in denial. Also, I cannot look at my stomach because of the scarring. The side of the incision where they dug the tunnel for packing is a nasty shade of purple and dips inward in a freaky way. The doctor said this was "normal" post-infection.
#39 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Moms that are struggling to fit into their pp clothes and having it effect your self esteem please take my suggestion and buy yourself a pair or pants/short that fit

I couldn't take it anymore I'm 5 weeks pp and nothing was fitting, not even close I was living in yoga pants and pjs my boobs are so big that none of my non maternity shirts fit I was getting major panic attacks when it was time to go out

I went to walmart and bought some t's that fit and a pair of kahki shorts everything cost me 45$ and honestly it was the best money spent I feel so much better without my extra skin squeezing out the tops of my pants, I can sit down now without worrying about my fly/ button cutting into my belly button, and I have full coverage of my floppy abdomen now its just so much better

now if only I can make it through the visit with my skinny vain family. my younger sister actually asked me 2 weeks post partum if I was still fat from the baby : and she didn't mean Phat as in looking good
#40 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Any one want some nursing bras in the 38/40 D range (I have 3 or 4) and a couple size large nursing tanks from Liz Lange? My boobs won't fit in any of this stuff! I can stuff it in an envelope and send it out to someone else!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#41 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Any one want some nursing bras in the 38/40 D range (I have 3 or 4) and a couple size large nursing tanks from Liz Lange? My boobs won't fit in any of this stuff! I can stuff it in an envelope and send it out to someone else!
I'd love the nursing tanks- I just ordered some medium ones and I am busting out of them... hopefully they'll fit later on.

Grace Comes.

#42 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 PM

i've been avoiding this thread but it's time i jump in....

love the boobs, despise the hips! and my tummy is much flabbier the third time around. before i got pregnant with this babe i was the thinnest i'd been in years so i feel ultra big. ezra is only 2.5 weeks old & i know it took me a good 6 months to get down to pre-preggo size after both the girls but the thought of facing a summer with these thunder thighs & flabby stomach is killing me....and i'm usually not body conscious even though i'm faaaarrrr from perfect!

i generally wear a lot of skirts in the summer & many of them fit me but i like form fitted tanks which currently make me look 5 months pregnant!? ugh! and the tanks with built in bras, well, i fall right out of them. i'm normally a small B cup so i can get away with going bra-less but these D's are somethin'.

stephanie asl.gif

#43 of 50 Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
I'd love the nursing tanks- I just ordered some medium ones and I am busting out of them... hopefully they'll fit later on.
PM me your address and I'll send them!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#44 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 AM

So I just BAM! whirled thru my closet and donated a bunch of clothes to goodwill- who wants to have a bunch of sh*t that she can't fit into looming around as she's trying to figure out what to wear?!?!

I feel reborn! I have kept a few things I really do think I'll fit into later on and are usful, but on the whole, it's time for a change. I don't have to resign myself to my Mother's fashion just cuz I am a Mama now too... I am buying a big glam shiny-gold diaper bag. And my toenails are getting painted gold today too... and I will continue to wear my bindhis and gold eyeshadow and generally be the eccentric fashion renegade that I am!

You know when you see a really fly self-lovin' woman walk down the street and it just INSPIRES and makes one proud to be a woman? That's who I am going to continue to be.... that woman, but with a babe in a sling!

Grace Comes.

#45 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Baraka - I am doing the same, getting rid of everything that I can't wear basically and starting new! I think I will feel fabulous when I do

#46 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 PM

I didn't have too much extra $$$, but I did order a couple shirts from old navy. Nothing glam, but hopefully, I'll fit into them!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#47 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
So I just BAM! whirled thru my closet and donated a bunch of clothes to goodwill- who wants to have a bunch of sh*t that she can't fit into looming around as she's trying to figure out what to wear?!?!

I feel reborn! I have kept a few things I really do think I'll fit into later on and are usful, but on the whole, it's time for a change. I don't have to resign myself to my Mother's fashion just cuz I am a Mama now too... I am buying a big glam shiny-gold diaper bag. And my toenails are getting painted gold today too... and I will continue to wear my bindhis and gold eyeshadow and generally be the eccentric fashion renegade that I am!

You know when you see a really fly self-lovin' woman walk down the street and it just INSPIRES and makes one proud to be a woman? That's who I am going to continue to be.... that woman, but with a babe in a sling!
Good for you !
#48 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 PM

I caved in and bought granny panties today. It took 3 children and nearly 30 years, but I have officially turned into my mother. I'm going to cry into the tent of fabric that is my new underwear now.
#49 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 PM

I bought grannies for the first week after being home thinking that tehy wouldn't bother my incision. They rolled off of what was left of my baby belly and onto my incision anyways so back to string bikinis it was! yay! I am not yet my mother

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#50 of 50 Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 PM

My mother wears no undies

I only wear thongs normally so this pad with full butt undies is driving me nuts!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page