~laura
and planning to eat it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 06-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only intervention I had was postpartum pitocin, and that's because I hemorrhaged so badly that I blacked out and started to seize.

Not bad for a hospital birth!
#3 of 21 Old 06-09-2007, 03:49 PM

none

stephanie asl.gif

#4 of 21 Old 06-09-2007, 03:57 PM

I was AROM induced (borderline PIH 3 days from due date, showing signs of early labor all week - I was totally ok with it) and post partum pit for my poor uterus that I think measured at 54cm on my last visit! Although, my mw said I didn't bleed as much as she expected... and honestly after being awake for 24 hours and laboring for 13, I wouldn't have noticed either way! And that was a decision we had discussed a few weeks ago as a precaution, so I was totally informed and consented to it.
#5 of 21 Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM

After my water broke and then I labored hard for 12+ hours my contractions still weren't regular and I wasn't progressing. My options were to keep trying naturally, with the caveat that I was "on the clock" because my water broke and my baby was big -- really 11 pounds. Or to use Pit so I did, but with an Epidural also because I was in excruciating pain. I hired a doula, DH was there being very helpful, and in general I have a very high pain tolerance. But I just couldn't keep going.

The doctors were suprised I pushed him out (they were really thinking I was going to have to have a C-section) and my major goal was to avoid surgery so I accomplished that at least. But I still feel disappointed that I didn't
"tough it out" and have him completely naturally, or at least just with the Pit and no pain meds.

I'm not letting it ruin my hapiness at having given birth to a beautiful baby boy though.

Now I can't produce milk fast enough for this big boy so we're having BF issues which is upsetting me way more than the medicated birth...
#6 of 21 Old 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikegrrl View Post
After my water broke and then I labored hard for 12+ hours my contractions still weren't regular and I wasn't progressing. My options were to keep trying naturally, with the caveat that I was "on the clock" because my water broke and my baby was big -- really 11 pounds. Or to use Pit so I did, but with an Epidural also because I was in excruciating pain. I hired a doula, DH was there being very helpful, and in general I have a very high pain tolerance. But I just couldn't keep going.

The doctors were suprised I pushed him out (they were really thinking I was going to have to have a C-section) and my major goal was to avoid surgery so I accomplished that at least. But I still feel disappointed that I didn't
"tough it out" and have him completely naturally, or at least just with the Pit and no pain meds.

I'm not letting it ruin my hapiness at having given birth to a beautiful baby boy though.

Now I can't produce milk fast enough for this big boy so we're having BF issues which is upsetting me way more than the medicated birth...

*hugs* When a hospital transfer for pit was a good possibility about 8 hours into my labor, my first thought was - I can't do pit contrax without an epidural!!! Congrats to you for getting to push that big babe out on your own - that's no small feat!
#7 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 02:48 AM

My water "sprang a leak" at home but at the hospital they really broke it when I was about 3-4. I was ok w/ it and still got to do things my way.
#8 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 AM

wow! i gave birth in a hosp but i just realized i had no interventions really!!!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#9 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 03:15 PM

i had only 5 off that list, which was pretty good considering the circumstances

this labor/birth was a major learning exp for me. i am not superwoman and i acknowledge that i do need/want help with some things re: childbirth/pregnancy. next time around i won't do UP, and that way IF i end up at the hospital during labor, they won't treat me like i'm ignorant.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#10 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what is cord traction?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#11 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 04:39 PM

I voted other.

I used castor oil as the eviction notice.
#12 of 21 Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
what is cord traction?
pull the placenta out
#13 of 21 Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 AM

none of the above
i used castor oil (nastiest taste/texture EVER!!) and essential oil compresses of jasmine, a little cohosh, and some accupuncture to move labor along. for pain management i used tonal moaning and visualized sending the sensation of each contraction down and out through the base of my spine. oh yeah, i had a birth pool, but delivered the baby on the birth stool, as i got too hot in the water.
#14 of 21 Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
pull the placenta out
ohhhh they did this with my babe before nate. I hemoraghed everywhere!

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#15 of 21 Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 PM

none of the above.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#16 of 21 Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Should I pick directed pushing if she was saying it but I wasn't listening? I didn't really care what anyone said, that baby was getting out NOW. But the doctor was down there counting away anyway.
#17 of 21 Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM

none, home birth

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#18 of 21 Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Well, after being in early labor for atleast a week I chose to be induced with cervidil and then pit the next morning. I was 40w4d. (I feared the baby would be in distress/have the cord around her neck--we had some severe complications with our first son who now has neurological problems). I did have to be monitored with the band around the belly the whole time and was confined to my room during the entire thing. But--I waited longer for the epi (and almost made it without one but the pain was so intense)...I got it at 8cm and pushed her out 25 min later. I was able to use a birthing ball, a rocking chair and different positions in and around my bed during my labor. After going through this and the extreme amount of pain--I think I could do it again and possibly do it without an epi all together.
#19 of 21 Old 06-13-2007, 02:11 PM

I did end up with post partum pit (after delivery of placenta), as my blood loss was pretty damn high, I was feeling dizzy, and my iron levels have been really low, so I didn't have any problems with it (and was too besotted with babe to care about having a needle stuck in me!)
And I had stitches for a second degree tear (had to get them in hospital cos the National Health Service midwives (who were fantastic thank goodness) didn't feel confident in their suturing skills, which aren't kept very up to date, and it was a very ragged tear).
But I would definitely say I had an intervention free birth, as both of these things are fairly minor in my mind, and of course came afterwards when babe was safely with us.
#20 of 21 Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
Should I pick directed pushing if she was saying it but I wasn't listening? I didn't really care what anyone said, that baby was getting out NOW. But the doctor was down there counting away anyway.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#21 of 21 Old 06-29-2007, 11:24 PM

I had postpardum pit.. they just gave me a shot, and I didn't even have a moment to protest, they gave it to me without telling me first!

Then.... I immediatly had a contraction, that started to drag my uterus out with the placenta, and the OB (hospital transfer) had to seperate them and put my uterus back inside me! :

I think it was from the pit.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page