OK so now I've decided that I NEED another - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
carrier for Elise. (I already have 2 ring slings and a wonderful moby wrap) but today I saw several Moms w/ babyhawk mt's so now I NEED one! Dh thinks I'm off my rocker but I really really want one so tell me Mama's where is the best and the cheapest place to get them?

And also tell me that I NEED this thing too!! LOL At least so I can tell DH that I NEED it!!
#2 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 12:08 AM

I too am a total sling addict. Yes, you need it. I have a new form of math. It's called sling math!! For every minute spent in the sling take a penny. That sling will pay for itself in a few short weeks. Pus it is much cheaper than therapy later in life!!

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#3 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipmummy View Post
I too am a total sling addict. Yes, you need it. I have a new form of math. It's called sling math!! For every minute spent in the sling take a penny. That sling will pay for itself in a few short weeks. Pus it is much cheaper than therapy later in life!!
Oh, I can't wait to tell DH this!! I'm not sure he will get that math but hey a girls gotta try! He asked me did I really really need this and of course I sd YES!! LOL Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.
#4 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 AM

I'm not in your DDC, but I have to comment. I just bought a sling a couple days ago and tried it out on my 17 1/2 month DD. I LOVE it! My husband is embarrased by it. We were mini golfing and he finally told me to take her out of it. Well, she ran all over the place! I'm due to have another baby in a few weeks and I'm planning on using it ALL the time. He'll just have to get used to it. He also thinks I spent WAY to much money on it.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#5 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 AM

i have a babyhawk and i love it. i looked around a lot to try to find a cheaper price than their website, but it seems like people aren't really selling there's. i did see one on the trading post a couple months ago for a little cheaper, but i wasn't fond of the fabric. you might try ebay also. but, if you get it from the babyhawk website, they have an incredible selection of very cute fabrics. i also got the pocket, and it has been a great addition - i can keep car keys, wallet, phone, etc. in it.
#6 of 16 Old 06-10-2007, 04:56 PM

just tell dh that at least you don't NEED another baby! (which is what i thought you were getting at in you thread intro!?).

stephanie asl.gif

#7 of 16 Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM

The Trading Post here often has mei tai carriers, and FSOT at thebabywearer.com does too.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#8 of 16 Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 PM

We have the babyhawk and LOVE it!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#9 of 16 Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
just tell dh that at least you don't NEED another baby! (which is what i thought you were getting at in you thread intro!?).
me too!!

(dh bought me brand new a size 5 Katja Didy! How great is that!? I am beyond happy...)

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#10 of 16 Old 06-12-2007, 03:42 PM

hey! i have a ring sling, a hemp sling, and i just ordered a babyhawk from the babyhawk.com (wanted specific design, no other retailers had available) all for one baby! go for it!
#11 of 16 Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 PM

ahhh, the sling addiction!!! I want a babyhawk, too!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#12 of 16 Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM

I checked out their website, but couldn't find prices anywhere. What am I missing here?

They are really cool-looking. My birthday is this week, maybe I'll treat myself to one.
#13 of 16 Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 PM

(Not in your DDC but another carrier addict here!) Definitely check out the FSOT board at thebabywearer.com. At a quick glance I saw at least 10 babyhawks posted in the last few days. I loooove Babyhawks and have had... a few pass through here in the last two years. They are beautifully well made! On the website, just click on a fabric you like and the price is underneath. Most are $80 for a one-sided basic carrier (no extras like pockets, toy rings, etc). They tend to go from about $50 on up at thebabywearer! Just be careful, they're like potato chips, it's hard to stop at one!

The other thing to keep in mind is, unlike the HUGE amounts of plastic baby "necessities" most people buy, carriers tend to keep a lot of their value. While that $100 swing might only fetch $10 at a garage sale when you're done with it, your $80 Babyhawk can sell for $60 after years of wear and multiple kids! And, at least at my house, the carriers get a WHOLE lot more use than the swing, and they have a longer life span. So the bang for your buck is much higher.

Leigh
Mama to Allison (1/05) and Lizzie (11/07)
#14 of 16 Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM

I love baby carriers, too.

I have a Red Waves Didy RS, a Revontulli Eesti RS, an Inka Storch wrap, a Tuli Girasol wrap, and a Slavic Stripes Girasol wrap. Plus, I have 2 Moby wraps for the summer and a Kozy.

I also have 2 Hotslings but I think that I need to sell them since I probably won't be using pouches.
#15 of 16 Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

OK so I got a new carrier.

A girlfriend had a babyhawk and an ergo carrier so DH & I went to her house today to try them both on to see which one we like better. They were both comfy but Dh really liked the ergo and I liked both of them the same. The babyhawk was prettier! : We went to a store today that is going out of business here in our town and they had an ergo w/ an infant insert for super cheap! We got them both for $75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooo excited for that score and of course DH was happy w/ the price! I'll take a pic soon and let y'all see.

I did tell DH that I reserve the right to get the babyhawk later too!! Thanks for the back up! I knew I could count on y'all for that! And its good to know that I'm not alone in my carrier addiction!

This is the one I got...
http://www.babyboatshop.com/PhotoGal...o%2Dcran%2Dsol
#16 of 16 Old 06-16-2007, 02:28 PM

I am anxiously awaiting a Mei Tai Baby--I debated the BH and MTB for a month and finally just went with the mbt--(I liked the adjustable option and the zippy panel--more choices ) I second that there have been a lot of BH in fsot at TBW...BH had a sale and I think it's "out with the old and in with the new!"

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page