Do you want more? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and i had a conversation lately, and we decided on at least 2 more! yay! (and he broke in and said yes on homeschooling....finally! now, i just have to pray for him to say yes to my HB plans!)

come on, i know you guys want MORE kids...come and share your plans or hesitations!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#2 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 AM

I want one more. DH is hesitant because of the financial burden but I think I can convince him. We probably won't be thinking about it for about 3 years having hyperemesis with both pregnancies it was much harder with Maya around, I couldn't just tuck myself in bed and vomit all day I had to attend to her needs although I did the bare minimum. This way Carolina will be in a preschool type setting for 2 days when I get pregnant, and Maya will be in school. I think that will make a huge difference in my sanity and guilt feelings as well as hers, we resorted to the TV way too much during that time and I would like to avoid that next time.

I get really teary thinking that this will be our last I know emotionally, mentally I am not done yet.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#3 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 AM

I want 2 or 3 more. But it probably wont be for another 3-5 years. My partner says no way. He'll change his mind....
#4 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 AM

i had said i was done but i dont think so. dh and i decided to leave it be and whatever happens happens. we wont prevent or try. secretly i want 6kidslol. when i met dh he said 10

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#5 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM

I can't imagine really being done. DH leans on the side of being done. I plan on keeping all my gender neutral clothes, but nothing else. In any case I am getting an IUD and not even considering having it removed until lil Mickey weans. I'm not nursing thu another pregnancy or tandem nursing again if I can help it.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#6 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM

at least 1 more, if not 2. without a doubt we will do this again
#7 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Well, it wasn't until DD was 3 when I was ready for #2 ... can't see us having another!
:

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#8 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 11:27 AM

Mais non. We are done, done, done. DH has an appointment to get snipped in mid-July.
#9 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM

OH my, I don't think I could handle anymore, really! We are DONE! This one is my sweet daughter, we have 3 sons. That's plenty. DH is getting "fixed" as some people put it.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#10 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM

yeah...we're done, too, and i'm completely content with the decision. dh has a 24 yr old daughter (living on her own), we have our 3 sweet kiddos & an 18 yr old girl is moving in with us this august. we've always wanted to adopt so if we decide we want more activity in the house, we'll adopt an older child. my pregnancy days are over, though. moving on to the next phase in life....

stephanie asl.gif

#11 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Oh, I am so conflicted on this issue! I would love to have more, one or two more (for a total of 6 children). I have very easy pregnancies, but my births are SOOO hard. After this last birth, I just don't know if I can do it all again. I am not sure...

On the other hand, neither Dh nor I are comfortable doing anything permanent to prevent another pregnancy at this point. I WILL NOT go on the pill again. So that just leaves us using NFP, which we are comfortable using. We've used it for 10 years successfully, so I am sure we can continue it indefinitely. Still, I am not sure I want a "surprise"...

I think I just need to really think and pray about it for awhile.
#12 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 01:14 PM

nak

done??? we're just getting started!
#13 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 PM

oh man.... we're supposed to be done but i'm not. i always thought i wanted 4, now i think 6. i haven't even brought it up with dh yetl

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#14 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 03:36 PM

i'm only the 2nd "no" ??!!! no! just one is overwhelming enough... as i've said elsewhere, i'm in awe of those of you with more than one, but it's not for me. maybe once she's older i'll miss having a baby and change my mind... mostly, though, we can't financially afford any more, so likely she's it... and that's OK by me. :
#15 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
In any case I am getting an IUD and not even considering having it removed until lil Mickey weans. I'm not nursing thu another pregnancy or tandem nursing again if I can help it.
I feel you on that one, mama!

DH has his appt for a vasectomy sometime in the next couple of weeks. We're done. I've always only imagined myself with two kids. And he has two others from a previous marriage. So I'm happy that I have my two beautiful girls. Though it's hard to imagine that this is the last time I'll get to enjoy a newborn baby.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#16 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM

We are done, done and DONE too. I'd love more kids but I CANT do another pg. I've gotten sicker w/ each one and its just not fair to my body and everyone else. I don't want to have hyperemisis yet again. DH is going to get the snip snip when he is deployed this summer.

We did say that if we wanted another child we will adopt.

It is sad that I will never have another newborn but in another way I'm ready for the next chapter.
#17 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 08:02 PM

I am DONE! But DH doesn't feel done. I can't imagine going through another pregnancy and birth. My birth was perfect but so intense and the thought of doing it again sends shovers down my spine.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#18 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 PM

I don't think that I could survive another pregnancy.

And at age 43, I figure that I should be aging out of fertility soon.
#19 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM

i really don't want to be done. i really want one or two more, but i just had my second c-section (after a failed vbac) and i am afraid to have more. but, i think i will have to go through at least one more because i don't feel done and neither does dh.
#20 of 23 Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 PM

We want 1 or 2 more. But I can't imagine ever feeling done...
#21 of 23 Old 06-13-2007, 12:24 PM

OK, now I feel like the non maternal freak here! She is our first but almost certainly our last (if I do end up having more I would like to be a lot older, but I don't really want that to happen either). One of the reasons I'm so glad that my birth went so well and was pretty much everything that I wanted is that I don't think I'll be tempted to 'have another go' to 'get it right'-which I think I may have been if it wasn't what I wanted.
Of course, she isn't even a week old yet so there's plenty of time to change my mind and wait for the baby lust hormones to kick in, but Ive always been sure I only want one (actually I didnt really want any but I am so glad it happened), for environmental/overpopulation issues as much as my own circumstances-ie dirt poor and probably just not up to coping with more than one. And even though I mostly loved being pregnant, I just couldn't go through all the worrying again-Im naturally paranoid I think, and all the things that could potentially be wrong with a child prey on my mind too much, and with more than one there's more chance of something being wrong...
Thankfully, my DP is of the same mindset, so unless something changes for one of us, we should have no problems!
However, this has made me realise that I would love to do something birth related as part of my career in the future, or just voluntarily. Either doulaing or some sort of childbirth education (specifically for young, underprivileged women). I don't want this to be my only experience of birth, it's just too amazing!
#22 of 23 Old 06-13-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm done too. This will be our second. We have a girl and this is a boy. They'll be two years apart. Its perfect. We don't want the financial strain of raising more. I don't think I could handle having more kids either. We're getting DH snipped in the next year. I've had fairly easy pregnancies and a quick birth with DD but I just don't think I could do it again. Its sad to think this will be the last baby I ever have or hold but I don't want anymore kids.
#23 of 23 Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 AM

I want another!!! Yep I said that right after we brought dd home from the hospital. I just love the little newborns and the time just goes by to fast to not have another down the road..... sometime

Mommy to Two

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page