Love Bottle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a result of my horror over the money I spent on Sigg bottles the past few years only to find they weren't exactly what they claimed to be, I decided to try something a little different.

Product name: Love Bottle

Brief description of product: Portable water bottles made of glass

Store/Site of purchase: www.lovebottle.net

Price: 500ml/$15, 1000ml/$18

How long have you used this product? 3 months

Fit/Sizing: The 1000ml bottle is heavy & doesn't fit into any standard cup holders (car, strollers, etc). But the Sigg large bottle didn't fit either so that wasn't really something new to me. The 500ml bottle is nice, compact, light & can even be thrown in my diaper bag. It fits in my Prius cup holder which makes me very happy. If there were a 750ml that fit in my cup holder, that would be the perfect size-although, I am typically somewhere I can refill my 500ml with ease so it hasn't been too much of an issue.

Performance: It's cool. Water tastes amazing out of glass-noticed that difference immediately. Taking a sip from DHs Kleen Kanteen is good, but a sip from the Love Bottle is even better. The glass is also thick-it's been dropped on hard wood floors so far & nothing happened.

Quality: Only complaint here is that the decorative frosted glass design on the outside of the bottle began to flake off pretty quickly.

Customer Service/Communication: Bottles came quick/easy website.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM or company about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof.

Additional Comments:
The bottle mouth could be a little wider to allow for ice...same complaint I always had about Sigg.

I give it (How many up out of five?):
4 out 5-wish for a wider lid & a bottle that keeps the same base size of gthe 500ml, but is slightly taller w/wider mouth to hold a little more. The 1000ml bottle is just real heavy & not practical for everyday hauling around.

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!

User Tag List