Bissell Flip Ease - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-18-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got the Bissell Flip Ease, and I like it. It's like a combination Swiffer Wet Jet and cordless vaccuum. But, instead of having to buy all the disposable Swiffer refills, it has a water tank that you can fill with whatever you want and washable microfiber pads.

Since doing Flylady, the one thing that I've really struggled with doing frequently but imperfectly (as opposed to hardly ever but perfectly) is mopping the floor. The Flip Ease has helped. Instead of dragging out the vaccuum/dustmop, bucket and mop, and towels, now I just use this one thing. My floor has gone from being mopped once a month to being mopped 3x or more per week, so it is a lot cleaner. And (drumroll please) DH will clean the floor now.

The thing I like most about the Flip Ease is that it's FAST. Every time I use it, I get faster with it, and I'm down to about seven minutes, sweeping and mopping.

Pros:
fits in with us as a non toxic, all cloth family
afforable ($38)
come with two pads
cordless
filter can be washed
1 year warranty
water tank/battery life plenty big enough to do my medium size kitchen

Cons:
have to get extra filters and microfiber pads from Bissell, kind of pricey
does not seem like it would be good for a whole house of hard floors, would be better for a house with just hard floors in kitchen/bath

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
#2 of 4 Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 AM

A friend of mine loves hers too, so I've been meaning to get one. I couldn't find it at any stores nearby, but I'm going to look at Target today. Since you reminded me!
#3 of 4 Old 12-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leta View Post
have to get extra filters and microfiber pads from Bissell, kind of pricey
does not seem like it would be good for a whole house of hard floors, would be better for a house with just hard floors in kitchen/bath
I'm hoping to find a floor steamer suitable for my hardwood parquet flooring, but maybe this particular one isn't the best bet? Does anyone have any suggestions on one that is good on hardwood?

TiA!
#4 of 4 Old 12-08-2007, 08:45 AM

can you flip back and forth within the same cleaning (ex. can i vacuum kitchen, flip and wash, then vacuum dining room, flip and wash.)? i bought the dirt devil broom vac (for myself for xmas), but now think i might get this bissel. itd be nice to vac and mop! i have a swiffer wet jet, but it'd be nicer to be able to use the cloths repeatedly and use my own (more env't friendly) cleaner.

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page