Welcome June DDC members! Intros? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 146 Old 10-07-2006, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Lisa 34 years old and Dh is Ed 41 years old. This will be our 6th pg and fourth child. We suffered a loss last May and afterwards DH had a vasectomy. Well, a lil swimmer made it up there and now Im pg again!!! I am happy though. I homeschool my 3 dd's and keep pretty busy. I am just going to kick back and enjoy what was meant to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 146 Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 AM

Welcome new mamas!

Sessy and ChinaKat, it's cool that several of us here are expecting our second, with our first being two years old. We should start a thread for mamas in that group...I'd like to talk with others about how to prepare the "only" for the next sib.

Clay, thanks for the explanations. I didn't realize their were so many levels of reenacting/recreating, etc. Very interesting. My aunt and uncle were involved in Civil War reenacting, until my uncle's unexpected death last year. My aunt as found her friends from the group to be a wonderfully supportive family that has helped to deal with this big change in her life.
#63 of 146 Old 10-07-2006, 03:37 PM

Hi! I am Wendi. My husband and I have been together for 9 years, married for 5 years. We have a little boy, Bradley who just turned two.

Bradley's birth was planned to be a natural one in a hospital. He was two weeks late, my water broke but I wasn't in labor and the cascade of interventions followed. They used ever scare tactic in the book to get me to agree to being induced. I en ed up with an emergency c-section. It was a very traumatic experience for me. The nurses were horrible and even told me my baby was going to die.

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in July and we named the baby Payton (gender neutral). I had a completely natural miscarriage without intervention. This was important to me. I needed it to happen that way if it had to happen. We had the remains cremated and a special little silver box engraved with the baby's name and date of the miscarriage.

Now we are expecting baby#3 in mid June. We have a wonderful home birth midwife and are planning a water birth.
#64 of 146 Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 AM

So glad to be able to introduce myself in this forum!!

I am Angela (25), dh is Lance (31), we have one son, the light of our lives, but were very excited to grow our family! I just took the test this morning, i think i'll be due around the 16th! I feel like I've known almost since conception. After only about a week, I could DEFINATLY tell a difference in my midsection, i am thicker!! Looking forward to digging out all the maternity clothes!

Even though we've been through this process before, this time around will be different. We've decided not to find out the sex, and will be homebirthing.

I look forward to getting to know the other ladies in this ddc!
#65 of 146 Old 10-09-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm Katie, age 39, and mama to Henry (15), Jane(11) and Elliot (8). Just found out baby # 4 is due in June. My husband and I are really excited. We are plannig a waterbirth here: www.lisarosscenter.org

I am a full time producer at an NBC affiliate and also a writer. I wrote the book "Attachment Parenting" and I do a lot of freelancing. Have new book due to publisher only one month before baby is due!
#66 of 146 Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Hi all! Just got a positive test yesterday!! My name is Candace, my husband and I got married three years ago (while pregnant with our first!). I'm excited, but also a bit nervous to go through this all again. EDD is mid-June ish. I won't be telling many people IRL until after the first tri, so it's good to be able to talk to folks!

Good baby growing vibes to you all!

Candace
#67 of 146 Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 PM

#68 of 146 Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 AM

Hello all--

Well, I've posted it about 5 times already this morning in this club under other comments, but:

I POAS this morning and got a BFP! Woo hoo! Due June 20th by my internet calculations. DH was already gone to work, so no one knows but the MDC community.

Thank God for the internet or I would've had to give DH the big news on his cell phone while he drove to work. Dangerous. My mother told my father she was pregnant with me (1st child) while he drove her home from the doctor's office, and he nearly crashed his car.

We live in Massachusetts, too, on the north shore, though I'm from the Pacific NW and I still spend about 3 months a year in the Portland area taking my DS to visit my family. I can't imagine him growing up thinking the East Coast is "normal" (no offense to anyone intended) as the whole vibe is so different out here...

I just turned 32. DH is 37.

DS has the same birthday as Ally's son -- 11/23/2003. Great day to have a baby, huh? He will be 3 yrs 7 mos when this one is born.

Because DS's bday will always fall around Thanksgiving (on it this year), we'll have my parents here that week, so we hope to announce our happy news then (11 weeks.)

So many blessings wished upon everyone here. I'm so happy to be here!

--willo
#69 of 146 Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 PM

Hi, my name is Stacie.

So far, I have 3 daughters, and 1 son.

I look forward to chatting with you all here.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#70 of 146 Old 10-14-2006, 12:07 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm Sarah, I'm 35 and after 9 months of trying we finally are expecting our first baby in June 07.

I'm from Toronto (yes it is cold here today), looking forward to chatting with you all and congratulations to all of you.
#71 of 146 Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Hi,

I'm Shannon (34) married to my dh (34) for nine years tomorrow. We have a six year old son and we have 4 angel babies. I'm due June 12.

I found out last week, but wanted to tell dh in a unique way, so I did. We went to New Orleans Sunday and went on a cemetary tour, while we were there we went on top of this huge tombstone and she (our tour guide) pulled out a rattle and said she was going to do a blessing. She had us look into each others eyes and she did the infinity symbol around us with the rattle several times. She asked me to say my name, asked him to say his name, and then asked us both to say our son's name. Then she put her hand on my belly and said "what are you naming this baby"? I said "surprise" and he said "yeah right". LOL I said I really am, I'm about six weeks. Then she said she thinks it's a girl. It was such a sweet moment. He was a little upset that I had known for four days and not told him, but he said it was a great surprise and the best anniversary gift.

DS is so happy! He has been telling me for three weeks that I have a baby seed. And he said, "mama, if you would just pee on one of those sticks, you would see". I'm not quite sure how he knew before I did. LOL
#72 of 146 Old 10-17-2006, 05:25 PM

Hi,
I'm Amy (31) married 5 years to Terry (33). We have two sons, Elijah is three and Silas is two. I just got a bfp yesterday so this one should be due about 6/25. This will probably be our last baby so I am hoping to enjoy every moment.

My two boys were both born by induction, epidural, hospital birth. I'm hoping to go a little more natural with this one. I am going to be researching midwifes and possible birth centers in the area.

35 yo mom to ds1 (8), ds2 (6), dd (3), and oops big surprise #4 edd 12/19/11

#73 of 146 Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Hi! I'm Michelle (22) married to Ryan (22) for 10 months now. We got pg on the first cycle trying (we do NFP)! I tested last week, but took a while to join the DDC because I am having trouble believing it! I have taken 4 tests now, and the line gets darker every time. I still have one more...

I'm due June 24 and we are planning a homebirth. I am looking for a midwife now. We are full time students and I will graduate a little less than 2 months before I am due.
#74 of 146 Old 10-18-2006, 02:47 AM

Hello!

This is baby #4 for me. I hate to say it but this was a totally unexpected "oops"! Loved and wanted though
I'm really excited but at the same time really nervous. My last pregnancy was easy but the postpartum was a nightmare.I ended up needing a blood transfusion and we are still not sure why.
I'm sure this will most likely be my last pregnancy so I am going to enjoy it!

It looks like I am due Late June.Possibly the 25th by my LMP.

Congratulations Ladies!

Lanie
#75 of 146 Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 PM

Hi all I am so happy to join this june DDC!! My name is Devon I am due around june 22nd or so I am not sure about my dates. I am planing on a home birth if this is only one and if it's two maybe "the farm".This will be my 1st baby after TTC for a long time! we are so happy!! I am a Homebirth Midwife and would love to know if there are any other midwifes in this group. Did you take your baby to births? I am so happy to share this with all of you. There is strength in numbers
#76 of 146 Old 10-19-2006, 06:11 PM

Mama to Grant, age 20 months, and wife of five years to Mark. I had to go through fertility treatments to get pregnant the first time, so was absolutely thrilled to have it happen the old-fashioned way this go round!

I've had so many friends suffer miscarriages the past year, we're not telling a soul about this little sprout until much later. But, I can't help but be excited, so I'm thrilled to have this community to share my news with! Due June 23.

Mama of three incredible bf, cd, naturally birthed little people!
#77 of 146 Old 10-20-2006, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Edited -- I had an early miscarriage.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#78 of 146 Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 AM

excited (and a bit nervous) to be here! we just found out we're expecting #2 almost exactly 2 years after dd was born. we don't have health insurance so i'm working feverishly to figure that mess out. we're hoping a praying for a VBAC and a successful breastfeeding experience this time... keep your fingers crossed!
#79 of 146 Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 PM

Hi!

I'm Jessica (26) married to DH Tim (26) since June 2003. We're expecting our first June 15 and are very excited! We've both been wanting a baby for several years now, but we originally wanted to wait to try until DH finished his MA. We ended up moving schools for his PhD though, so we decided to wait until after his first year. And this little one will be born about a month after his classes are finished for this school year, so perfect timing!

We found out we were expecting on the 12th, but I had known I was expecting for awhile. DH was so excited! And he is as sweet as can be now-he's already talking about names and I have a long list he makes me carry in my purse in case we come up with another idea while we're out!

We really want to have our baby at home, but midwife assisted homebirth is illegal here and there are no birth centers. So, we are looking at a birth center that is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away-not ideal, but we'd rather not have a hospital birth if we can avoid it. Plus, I don't have maternity coverage, so it would be really expensive for something we don't want.

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#80 of 146 Old 10-20-2006, 12:41 PM

Hello there!

I'm 27, and this is my first pregnancy. My husband is also 27, and we've been married since 2002.

This pregnancy was a bit of a surprise for us! We had started ttc in January, but nothing was coming of it. It was getting really stressful, and we knew we had a few social obligations coming up (weddings next fall), so we decided to take a break until next summer.

Then at 12dpo, I came home from work. I didn't have any symptoms. I didn't have any reason to suspect that I might be pregnant - we hadn't even made love in the 3 days before I ovulated. But I had this one last pregnancy test sitting in the box, and it would expire before next summer, so for old time's sake I used it.

I was so sure that nothing was going to happen that I actually put the test down face-up and paged through a magazine for a minute or so. When I turned the page I saw there were 2 lines! Dark lines!

Obviously a defective test, right?

So I bought three more and christened them too. All positive!

I'm really, really hoping this will stick. The spotting really freaked me out. And I haven't had very many other symptoms, except for tiredness and nipples that feel like they've been run over a cheese grater.

Good luck, everyone!
#81 of 146 Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM

Hi! I'm Jackie (30) and have been married to my DH Brent (40) since August 2005. This is our first pregnancy after nearly 14 months of TTC. So we are very, very excited.

After trying for so many months and starting to get really scared and discouraged I swore that I wouldn't test at all until AF was definitely late. Well, this month I held out six days after AF was supposed to show. When I did test I got a BFP-that second line showed up very fast and very dark within 10 seconds!

According to my LMP I am due on June 22. I am feeling pretty tired and nauseous and my breasts are so sore that I wake up from the pain if I turn over in my sleep.

Congrats to everyone!

Jackie, Catholic mama to Elijah (6/07) & Gabriel (2/10) and our angel baby, m/c 7/29/12. Expecting someone new in October 2014!
#82 of 146 Old 10-21-2006, 04:21 PM

I can NOT believe I am here. We were really not planning on another baby. BFP this morning. EDD is June 28th (so I suppose I could end up with a July baby). Anyway, I'm Cindy (32) married 11 years to Patrick (38) and we have 3 kids: Lilly (9), Sophie (7), and Henry (3). The kids are ecstatic. DH and I are coming around .

We are planning another homebirth (had two before) and I'm excited to be in a due date club where everyone doesn't think I'm freak .

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

#83 of 146 Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 AM

Hi, I'm Alis and my DH and I have been married since '97. We have two girls and baby #3 was a huge decision for us to make. I became very unexpectedly PG last year and ended up losing the baby around 10-11 weeks. We had put the thought of another baby on the backburner while I got through school, but after this m/c, we started thinking about how we could make it work, and, well... here we are! LOL Certifiable, for sure! I actually found out last week, on Sunday, but have been too busy in school to post yet.

Because of what happened last year, we've only told my mom and several close friends. No one on my DH's side knows yet, nor does my extended family. We want to be closer to the 12 week mark before saying anything.

Both girls were born at home, DD2 was born in the water, so this will also be a home/water birth.

Hey springbabes! We have the same EDD!

Terrified, but also very very glad to be here!
#84 of 146 Old 10-22-2006, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alis View Post

Hey springbabes! We have the same EDD!
Yay! a due date buddy . My DD2 was a home waterbirth too. DS was supposed to be a waterbirth but we didn't have time to fill the pool .

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

#85 of 146 Old 10-22-2006, 02:05 PM

That is so funny! DD1 was supposed to be a water birth, too! I labored in the pool almost the entire time, but my MW wanted to change out the water before the birth. By the time they were done, I was like - you've got another think coming if you think I'm moving off this bed!

With DD2, I went three days before her EDD and poor DH did the Superman thing and got the pool set up in about an hour while I wandered around the house whining about when the pool would be ready!

#86 of 146 Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 PM

I'm 25 married to Ryan 31 since 6/17/06 we have a DD Prudence born 9/20/04 DH is currently a SAHD about to reenter the workforce I'm a real estate broker. Only DH and my bestfriend know that we're expecting. EDD is 6/21-6/28 depending on the calculator you use. I have a short cycle with a late O soooo that makes it complicated.

I'd like to UC dh wants me to go to a birthing center so we'll be "discussing" that over the next few months.

DD was supposed to be a homebirth but things went awry in the energy department.

I got my BFP on 10/15 Told DH on the 16th.
#87 of 146 Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbabes View Post
I can NOT believe I am here. We were really not planning on another baby. ....... The kids are ecstatic. DH and I are coming around .
LOL - I know exactly what you mean. The kids don't know yet, but I know they'll be excited. DH and I are excited too, but it took me about a week to be totally okay with it. Before that I was feeling overwhelmed and unprepared.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#88 of 146 Old 10-24-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieM View Post
LOL - I know exactly what you mean. The kids don't know yet, but I know they'll be excited. DH and I are excited too, but it took me about a week to be totally okay with it. Before that I was feeling overwhelmed and unprepared.
I'm starting to get excited now, but I really thought the baby years were behind me. My "baby" is 3.5, weaned, potty-trained, and sleeps through the night. I'm finally starting to feel like I have a life again and then, wham! I'm starting all over again . Oh well, life is an adventure.

#89 of 146 Old 10-24-2006, 06:07 PM

i am a single mama of 4 lovelies--and am expecting #5 in mid-June....with my new love........wow...i just wanted to say hello n join--all new to me....:
#90 of 146 Old 10-24-2006, 07:58 PM

Well, I haven't finished reading everyone's intro yet, but I figured I'd better go ahead and post mine while I have two seconds while dd is napping! My name is Shannon, I'll be 29 in November, and DH is 42. We have a 20 month old dd that took us about a year to conceive. Imagine our surprise when we found out we were pregnant only two months after my cycles returned! And since I was visiting my parents during my first cycle, it was really after only one cycle : ! We weren't ttc, but we weren't NOT trying, iykwim: ! DD is a nursing fiend still, so we are venturing into nursing during pregnancy and hopefully tandem nursing as I will feel rotten if she weans b/c of my pregnancy. We are due June 27th according to my LMP, but going by ovulation I would be due July 1st. Since I don't really put a lot of stock into due dates, I'll just say late June/early july ! We had a homebirth with dd, and my labor was 2 hours and 9 minutes from first contraction to baby, so I'm kind of nervous wondering about how this one will go! We'll be homebirthing with this one, too, and as I had a few issues with some things my previous midwife did, so I'm kind of shopping for a new one. I feel bad though because I am fairly good friends with my dd's midwife (I'm a midwifery apprentice, so we often cross paths.) But, I have to be comfortable, you know? We haven't told anyone except for my sister because she was visiting when I tested. I am going home next month for a visit, so I will tell my family then. It's not that I'm worried in case I miscarry, it's more that I just want to cherish our secret a little longer!

Okay, so that was a book!

, , , and

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page