Welcome June DDC members! Intros? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to all of the June DDC members! I thought we could have a thread for intros...

I'm Ally (26), DH is Dave (28). We've been married since January 4, 2003. We have 2 boys--Brandon and Ryland. Brandon (11/23/03) is the light of our lives..spunky, brilliant, and hilarious. He has autism and sensory integration dysfunction, but that's never stopped him from learning and laughing each day.

Our second son is Ryland, and we lost him during birth at 41 weeks gestation on September 7, 2005. Our new little peanut was conceived around Ryland's birthday and we found out around my birthday.

I am a WAHM (I own a diapering business and am the executive director of Ryland's Hope, a non-profit organization founded in my son's memory). I'm also working towards my PhD in management of non-profit agencies.

I hope to be able to have a 9 month pregnancy journey with you ladies, and a lifetime of memories after that!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#2 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Hi there!

I'm Joy. I'm 27 and this will be my first. I'm working as a special education teacher in a small town in Massachusetts and this is my 6th year of teaching. I love it, but sine I usually come home exhausted, this year is going to be interesting.

It looks like I'm due right around June 1st.
#3 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 AM

Hi! My name is Jenica. My dh and I both turned 30 this year. This is my 5th pregnancy and will be our 4th child. We also have a 9 year old, 6 year old and 3 year old. I had a miscarriage in July. We don't know for sure, but have a strong sense that baby was a boy, so we named him "Leo Malachi."

I homeschool my children, help my dh with his new vet practice, and am certified as a doula (but not practicing right now except for friends). Busy, busy! My due date is June 2nd.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#4 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 AM

hi mamis. my name is violet. i am 29 and live in NYC with my son keon(4) and S.O. who is (34). i am in my 3rd and last year of school for my masters in social work. before my son was born, i was a preschool teacher for 3 years.

this year we decided we were finally ready for #2 and were blessed to get pregnant on or first cycle of trying.

i had a c-section with my first (heart decelerations due to a "tired placenta" - who knew?) and am hoping to do a homebirth with a midwife this time around.

i'm so happy to have found MDC and am really looking forward to getting to know all of you and share in the joys and challenges of this amazing time.

oh yeah - my actual EDD is may 30 but i'm guessing we will have a june . only time will tell...
#5 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 AM

Hi mamas! It's soooooo nice to meet you all! I just got a positive yesterday and frankly I'm in a little shock! We've decided to wait a little while before telling people, so I'm very glad to have you all to talk to instead!

My name is Sandra and I've been married to Jeremy for almost 6 years. we have 1 DD named adelaide who will be almost exactly 22 months when this baby is born. I must admit I'm a little nervous to have 2 under 2 but I know we'll be just fine. Oh, my due date is June 2nd, but my water broke a week early with addy so I'm wondering if I'll make it to june or not?

Violet...Adelaide was born just before I started my last year of nursing school so I can sympathize with the preg and school thing.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#6 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 PM

Hi all! It is good to see a board for us. I'm Kristin and I have one DD who is 17 months old. My EDD is June 2nd. I am so happy to join you all! I too get the school and pregnancy thing. I am trying to finish my dissertation this semester before pregnancy brain really kicks in. Wish me luck.

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#7 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post
Hi mamas! It's soooooo nice to meet you all! I just got a positive yesterday and frankly I'm in a little shock! We've decided to wait a little while before telling people, so I'm very glad to have you all to talk to instead!

My name is Sandra and I've been married to Jeremy for almost 6 years. we have 1 DD named adelaide who will be almost exactly 22 months when this baby is born. I must admit I'm a little nervous to have 2 under 2 but I know we'll be just fine. Oh, my due date is June 2nd, but my water broke a week early with addy so I'm wondering if I'll make it to june or not?

Violet...Adelaide was born just before I started my last year of nursing school so I can sympathize with the preg and school thing.

: i can't believe it!!!! what great news. that was surprisingly easy for both of us eh?? i'm still in shock too

i'm jessica. married to doug and we have 1 son who turned 2 on may 26th. my edd is may 29 but i went 11 days over with isaac so i expect this could easily be a june baby.
#8 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 05:09 PM

I'm so happy to see the June DDC is open!

I'm Jilian (27) and DP is 28, this is my second child, his first. We live in SW FL. My son is 3.5 yrs old. We were TTC for 5 mos and had an early m/c in July. We just got our positive on the 23 of Sept We're due June 4. I'm a labor doula and hope to become a midwife one day. I'm currently finishing up my pre-reqs for nursing school so I can go on the 1 year wait to get in.

My first birth was a great natural hospital birth with a midwife. I'm hoping to have a home waterbirth this time around. DP and my parents are all getting strong girl vibes this time around - but we'll see.

It's great to "meet" everyone. Congrats!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#9 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM

Total shock!!! We were not trying this month at all. And from what I can tell we had really bad timing. I guess I ovulated a lot earlier than I thought!!

I am cautiously joining. As you can see from the sig I am a two-timw DDC dropout. Quant today was 994 with progesterone of 22.57. Looking good so far.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Chris
#10 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 06:08 PM
tls

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, My name is Tracy. I am 33 years old, married since 1999 and have a 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son. I had a miscarriage in July at 7 weeks. I’m now pregnant again and due June 5th. I am very happy to be here and hope that I will be staying with you ladies until June 2007!!!
#11 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 PM

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am finding out my exact due date next week with a dating u/s. My midwife wants me to get one since I have no idea when my LMP was due to the fact that I'm still BF and I just lost 30 pounds, so my period has been super irregular for the last 3 months. I think I'm due sometime in the end of may, but my DD, Katelynn was due May 27th last time around and wasn't born until June 11th, so I think I might go late again...

ETA: Hi Shockels!!! How awesome that we are both pregnant again! I miss Portland so much!!! Tell all those mamas I say hi.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#12 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM

Oh my lord!! 3 portland mamas are here now! (Eaglevocie....did you move??? when and where to?) Jstar...I didn't know you were too!!! Eeeeee. sooo exciting!

#13 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Hi there! I am hoping to join you. My due date would be may 30th or June 1. I have not tested yet, but strongly feel that I am pregnant. My name is Heather, and have been married since June 2002. I am 33, as is my husband. We have a 2 1/2 year old dd and 9 month old son. We were not trying, but would be very happy to add a third child to our brood. The kids will be 3 and 1 1/2 by the time the baby came. A little nervous, but excited about the prospect of 3 under 4. I am waiting until tomorrow to test. I will be 19 or 20 DPO tomorrow.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#14 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 PM

looks like june will be a busy month!
congratuations to the new & to all...

this should probably be on another thread but i'm too to start one...

sandra - thanks for the encouragement. are you still working as a nurse?
kristin - good luck with your dissertation . what is it on?
#15 of 146 Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Hi, Im 40, DH is 53, and this is our 2nd (his 4th!). Due date @ 6/4 I think. First time around was a c-section due to breech, and the 2nd will be the same - darn it! I live in a rural area of AZ, and the local midwives I contacted did not answer me, when I said I was interested in a midwife assisted home birth. In addition to havong a c-section, I had a huge, benign ovarian cyst surgically removed when I was 20 weeks along. So, there were complications! I've decided that a 2nd c-section won't be the worst thing that will happen to me, and I just want a healthy baby at the end of it. I love MDC, I "discovered" it when DD was a few months old, I wish I had known about it earlier! I am looking forward to sharing our pregnancy journeys :

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!
#16 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 03:23 AM

Violet...still working as a nurse, and I will all the up to my due date because I am the primary bread winner for the fam. I work 3 12hour days a week which right now is no big deal. I'm a little worried about in 8 months from now though!

I think I'll go and start a weekly thread for us. That way we can all keep up on the day to day stuff.

#17 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM

Hi all,

I'm Lisa. I'm 31, and DH, Andrew, is 36. We've been married since 2002, and we have a four year old DD. I'm excited to join you all!
#18 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 AM

HI,
May I join you ladies? I just tested last night...couldn't wait until this morning . I am 35 and this will be my first (not including 2 DsC). According to my calculations I am due early June. We are not planning to tell anyone until 12 weeks...so close friends and family around Thanksgiving and everyone else by Christmas.
FC
#19 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 11:34 AM

Violet- my diss is on sexual initiation strategies of all things. Not as interesting as it sounds.
Tuscany, where in AZ are you?

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#20 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Checking in! I'm CJ, 33 (almost) years old and dh is 37. We're expecting our first in early June. I'm an earth science professor at a big state University. DH and I are off to South America next week for a trip (no sipping wines for me, but I'm not complaining!), so I'll check in later. hopefully morning sickness doesn't set it on the plane...
#21 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM

Hello.
Ray and I are expecting #1 in early June. I'll be 42 then; Ray 45. We had a miscarriage at 10 wks last May and are hoping this one will hang on. We've also decided to wait before announcing this time, so it's especially nice to have some company.
peace, Tori
#22 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 01:19 PM

hi tori, welcome.
#23 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post
Oh my lord!! 3 portland mamas are here now! (Eaglevocie....did you move??? when and where to?) Jstar...I didn't know you were too!!! Eeeeee. sooo exciting!
Yeah, we moved the beginning of June to Monterey, CA. We wanted to be closer to family, my family lives down in southern Cali and DH's family lives here in Monterey. We used to live here before we moved to pdx. Plus we were having a hard time financially in pdx, dh just couldn't get his business going and down here he was gauranteed immediate work... So sad that we left pdx, but Monterey is so beautiful, too. And it's been nice being closer to family, especially with #2 on the way!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#24 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 03:02 PM

Im Eileen. I just turned 27. DF is Geoff and hes 28. Together we have Greg 4.5, Jacklynn my stepdaughter is 18 months,and the twins Hunter and Kolton are 9 months old.
As of right now we are due June 1st but we have an early ultrasound on the second of October due to previous losses and to check for multiples so the due date may change.
#25 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM

Hello and congratulations to everyone! Dh and I are expecting our 2nd DC in early June after TTC for about 6 months. Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy and am looking forward to our 9+ months together.:
#26 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 PM

: Congratulations to everyone! :

After three months of trying Dh and I are expecting baby #2 around the 3rd of June. I think I'm still in a bit of shock knowing that its official

Cant wait to get to know all of you and hang out for the next nine+ months.

Mommy to Two
#27 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 08:09 PM

Hello all!

I'm in total shock that I'm joining you all! I found out at work today (couldn't wait to test) and am still digesting the news. I'm 34 and have a wonderful BF and a fabulous 8 year old son. We were going to wait until next year but like someone else said, I totally miscalculated the big O.
So, here I am..and wow...
and I'm scared and nervous too...I so wish we were better of financially...sigh.
#28 of 146 Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdybs View Post
Tuscany, where in AZ are you?
Hi Kdybs - I'm in the Prescott area.

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!
#29 of 146 Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Hello, ladies! I'm Sarah (age 30) and DH is Judson (age 31). We've been married since spring of 2000 and have a 16 month old daughter.

We weren't trying and were honestly thinking we'd wait another year to try for #2, but DH and I got a little carried away one evening, so here I am. Honestly, I'm happy to be here, but still quite surprised!

We're planning a homebirth this time around and I'm really excited about that. DD was born in the hospital and I'll always regret that a little. I'm also embarking on the journey of nursing during pregnancy and hoping that DD and her younger sibling will tandem nurse.

Congrats and best of luck to everyone here! I look forward to getting to getting to know you ladies in the coming months.
#30 of 146 Old 09-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Hi! This is my first post, and I'm glad to be here. I tested positive yesterday, 4 days before af was due. It will be a very long wait for me to get through this first trimester (see sig). Happy baby vibes for all of us!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page