Any PAL mamas here? Support thread. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, well, I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to you all for being so nice and welcoming to me, even though I was dealing with a hallucination line. It seems it was a bona fide EVAP line. I tested again this a.m. with FMU, and its a big NADA, not even a hallucination or evap, just plain old negative. That's fine. I figure I must have figured things wrong, and perhaps I only just now O'd around Wed. last week.

I might still end up in this group, but I'll have to get back to you in another week and a half or so.

Wishing you all the very best outcomes with your pregnancies,
Judi
#32 of 59 Old 10-03-2006, 04:15 PM

Judi -

I'm sorry it was negative. I'll have : for you in the next week and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#33 of 59 Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineIndy View Post
Judi -

I'm sorry it was negative. I'll have : for you in the next week and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine
Thanks, Christine! Actually, after an hour or so, an evap line showed up, leading me to believe that is what I saw the other day anyway. Thanks, and maybe I'll see you back soon!
#34 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 01:03 PM

As someone else said, this thead is comforting. My last pregnancy was ectopic (although it couldn't be confirmed by ultrasound, but the HCG numbers were very low and trickling up slowly, and nothing was visible in my uterus). I had Methotrexate before any pain or rupture and for that I am grateful. But, this time around, the anxiety is torturing me. I am waiting for a second HCG level tomorrow and then an ultrasound within the next week. I think I'll be a lot calmer then, if everything seems to be where it should be. The ectopic was my first pregnancy, so I am starting this journey with a lot of fear. It's nice to know I am not alone in checking the TP and stressing out about every cramp and twinge.

-Iris
#35 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 03:28 PM
tls

I have been wondering about the correlation between miscarriages and early pregnancy signs. I know there are many women who have no signs at all and have healthy pregnancies and babies. However, I am wondering for those of us who had a miscarriage were there pregnancy signs at all? For myself I had very slight signs of pregnancy, my breasts were a little sore for just a few days and I had to use the bathroom a lot. Aside from that I had no other “symptoms” and the symptoms I did have were gone around 2 weeks before the miscarriage about the time I believe the baby died. What experiences have others had? This time around I am experiencing all the usual early pregnancy signs so I’m hoping everything is going well.
#36 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Well, my experience was a little weird. I had mild symptoms: my nipples were sore and darker, I felt a little bit sick a few times. It was very similar to when I was pregnant with my son.

I was 10 weeks when we lost the baby, but the doctor said the baby died around 4-5 weeks. I had a midwife appointment 2 days before the miscarriage and my uterus was a normal 10 week size - I hadn't gained much weight, but I had expanded enough in my thighs and lower abdomen that I couldn't wear my pants. When I actually had the miscarriage (I bled lightly for a few days first) there was a *lot* of tissue. Oh, and my hormone levels took 3 1/2 weeks to get back to normal. So, apparently my body still thought it was pregnant for a while after the baby died. I don't know for sure, but I *felt* and *looked* pregnant until the day after the miscarriage when I deflated.

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#37 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 05:24 PM

ok ladies I already need some encouragement

I have chronic hypertension and needed to get on the right medicine right away. Unfortunately I have to go through the health department once again...which really sucks.

So at least they got me in today. I took at pregnancy test at 4w3d and got a faint positive. Never rechecked because I was late and it was positive. They tell me today their test is not showing positive. They did do a blood test which I have to wait on but you know I went out and bought a few different kinds of tests on my way home and you know the second I walked in the door I took them. Anyway how can I get positives on every single one and they be that incompetant to not be able to get a positive?? They weren't even faint lines...they were darker than the control line.

My encouragement comes in that I saw just a teeny bit of blood mixed in with my mucus. With my m/c last time it started with smears on the tp when I wiped so I am starting to freak out. I know many many women bleed during their pg but I don't recall that happening with my 1st 2 only with the m/c. I know that whatever will be will be but it doesn't make it any easier and to boot I can't even apply for medicaid since they don't have a positive pg test yet should something happen. Although I have to imagine the bloodwork will show that I am since my home test showed up within 20 seconds. I just want to cry
#38 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM

Well, I had a blood test and my hCG levels were 112 (16/17 dpo), so I definitely got pregnant. That's the good news. I'm going back for another one 72 hours later to see the levels are rising fast enough.

I swear, I can't even really think about being pregnant until after that test.

The not so great news -- I'm not really having a lot of symptoms right now. I'm only in the fourth week, so I guess M/S hasn't kicked in... but I haven't been peeing a lot more than ususal and my breasts haven't felt too different either. I'm a little tired and thirsty but that's it.

I am starting to freak out that this is going to be another miscarriage, although I'm mostly just putting it out of my mind until Friday when I can get my test results.

This sucks, I vastly prefer the ignorant bliss of my first pregnancy!!!
#39 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 06:18 PM

chinaKat,

Please don't let the lack of symptoms stress you out. My first pregnancy with DD was absolutely symptomless, and absolutely the healthiest pregnancy you could ever want. I didn't have anything, not even peeing in the middle of the night until about 8 weeks. Never had m/s, never had food aversions, I felt the best I ever felt.

Hang in there,

Judi
#40 of 59 Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words, twilight girl! I hope things work out for you, too.

em&namama -- sending good vibes your way. Keep us posted!!!!
#41 of 59 Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM

just subbing and saying hey

I had an "early" m/c last cycle (somewhere around the 5-6 week mark), and my pregnancy with dd was more or less 8 months of "threatened miscarriage" so right now I'm a bit emotional and stressed out.

I'm thrilled to be pregnant, but I almost don't want to admit to myself that I am...just in case. I was going to go to the doctor this morning to set up an appointment (I live 3 blocks from their office) and I just couldn't go in. DD and I stood in the parking lot for about 5 minutes and then I just kept walking. I had a positive test this morning, I'm getting morning sickness (well, evening sickness), and everything...but part of me feels like if I let myself "be" pregnant then it's just going to hurt more when it ends.

Which is silly...but there it is.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for all of us that this time round we have happy, healthy, full term pregnancies with beautiful healthy babies at the end!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#42 of 59 Old 10-06-2006, 03:04 PM

My bloodwork came back, I went from 112 hCG to 574 in 72 hours, which looks decent.

I feel like I can start actually believing that I'm pregnant now. Of course, I'm still scared. I'll never relax like I did with my first pregnancy. But at least I've had that one good sign.

#43 of 59 Old 10-07-2006, 03:07 AM

I lost my baby early in pg. I was aprox 6 weeks along and was devastated. Not only that, my male basset hound of 11 years passed away 1 week later of lymphoma. It was a very sad time for all of us. My dh had a vasectomy 6 weeks ago and now I am pg with #4. I believe that this is meant to be and I will enjoy every minute of this special time. Hope everyone and their babies stay healthy and happy.
#44 of 59 Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 PM

Well, maybe those evaporation lines were really just eeeeaaaaarly positives. I tested again this a.m. and it was postive within the right time frame!
#45 of 59 Old 10-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Judi - YYYYYYYEeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss!

That's FANTASTIC!

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#46 of 59 Old 10-08-2006, 11:30 PM

I've lost two babies, one at 14 weeks in 1995 and one last march at 12 weeks. We were planning on more kids, but weren't planning this current pregnancy. It's a nice surprise and blessing. DH is still really scared and doesn't want to tell anyone we're preggo. I suggested we wait until Christmas. I don't think anyone will notice by Thanksgiving. My previous pregnancies, I didn't show for a long time. It's hard to feel joyous while burdened with anxiety and fear.
Victoria

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
#47 of 59 Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM

So I'm scared...I woke up spotting this morning and...well...this is what happened last cycle.

Now I did spot/bled more or less the first 6 months with dd and she went past dates. But last cycle I started spotting and then bleeding and that was that.

I'm trying to stay very "what happens happens" but I can tell today is going to be a tough day at work.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#48 of 59 Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 AM

Scary. I hope that your day is as peaceful as possible, under the circumstances.
#49 of 59 Old 10-09-2006, 12:03 PM

wombatclay -

Keep us posted and take gentle care of yourself. I'm thinking of you . . .

Christine

#50 of 59 Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 PM

: Clay!
#51 of 59 Old 10-09-2006, 02:21 PM

Thanks all...since my bladder is still itty bitty I've been hitting the toilet between every desk shift (I'm a reference librarian, on desk for two hours, off desk for half and hour, back on for two, etc). I've been spotting each time...not heavy enough to stain, just pink toilet paper.

Sigh...with my first dd this spotting lasted nine months and dd was perfectly fine. Last cycle the spotting turned into a mc. I'm trying to stay really calm and accepting and going with the "I am a leaf on the wind" mantra. But it's hard.

Especailly telling dh about it this morning. He took our mc really hard and the look in his eyes this morning was tough.

We shall see...I am a leaf on the wind! See how I soar...

#52 of 59 Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM

Disappearing positive here. Went to double check it this a.m., but the line is even more faint, and I have spotting. So, I guess the little fertilized egg just couldn't find anywhere to grab on.

I'm fine, it'll be good to have a cycle again so I can start charting for real ... I assume it will be to avoid.

Good luck to all of you mamas!
Judi
#53 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 12:52 AM
tls

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I lost my baby at 7 weeks last time so I'm getting nervous about the upcoming week which will be 7 weeks for me. I feel good about this pregnancy but that darn gnawing fear of loss is always there. How is everyone else doing?
#54 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 09:08 AM

I hope you are all well. I unfortunately have suffered from another loss. At 6 weeks, I started bleeding. U/s confirmed an "empty" uterus. I have an appt with an RE in a couple of weeks.

The very, very best to all of you.
Natalie
#55 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 PM

tls- I have a 7 week loss as well so I'm getting nervous as well. Especially since I still have occassional spotting. I think having a toddler about the house is making a lot of difference since she keeps me distracted, but still...

I have a doct appointment on Wednesday (with a new care provider) and I don't know if they'll offer an early u/s (which I would accept) or if they'll want to take a more wait and see approach. But oh, I wish I had a magic ball to see what would happen!

#56 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 PM

I'm so sorry ncastro.

#57 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Hi all - I have had 5 early miscarriages. All before the 6 week mark. A bunch of those I would get a positive test, go in for blood work, and be miscarrying before I could go back for the 2nd test. So, as hard as it is - I'm not going in for at least another two weeks. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow.
#58 of 59 Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
tls

Ncastro, I am so sorry for your loss.
#59 of 59 Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 PM

New here!

I have had several early m/c, all before DS, except for one last mothers day. Finally figured out that my prog level is too low to support a pg, so this is my second month on prog suppos...last night I had the faintest , and I did a beta (I work in a lab, super convienent!!) and it was 11 - I was 14 DPO - which has me a bit worried as it is so low - hopefully that is just how I grow them (last mc beta at 19 dpo was 111.)

Im so hoping for a . Im honestly not sure I can do this again.

Best wishes to you all!! all round!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page