Weekly Thread: Sept. 24th - Sept. 30th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 09-28-2006, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'd like to not gain the 44lbs i gained last time but i tend to believe each woman has a pregnancy 'set point'. i'm starting out heavier this time i think by 5 lbs but expect i'll probably end up at the same weight. my bigger intention is to be in better shape. i went to aerobics tuesday but it SUCKED because my boobs hurt and it was way too much bouncing. i'm hoping to keep that up until 6 months or so. maybe not even that long

another resolution is to enjoy every last minute of my 'only' and give him all the undivided attention that i can. i am grieving the loss of his onliness (only a little bit at this point but i know this will change his life completely). ya know? even though it is a change that i wanted and that i think will be great for him i think he is going to be mad when mama is so consumed by this new creature. i'm scared about that.

i am soooooooo tired today. i was out in the sun for a couple of hours and it completely zapped me.

i'm not so dismayed by my hub's desire to go hospital because i'm a mega wimp and i hate pain. the thing i mainly hate about the hospital is the iv. needles gross me out. i also think the monitors bug but it has to be possible to not be hooked up to them constantly because i know they have tubs for laboring. i never made it to the tub last time. i don't mind the rooms or nurses or the vicodin (kidding about the vicodin ) i have a big doubt that i could make it through birth (want to) without some kind of pain med my goal is to avoid the epidural. i truely do believe that they 'call' c-sections far more often than necessary and that IS a risk of going the hospital route. i would really hate to have one unless it was really needed. that was my biggest fear the first time. i have the belief though that since this will be my 2nd birth my body will know more what to do and that it could possibly be pretty non-eventful. we'll see. i'm still undecided about midwife vs. the ob i used before. part of me wants to go back to my ob so i can compare my weight this time last pregnancy stupid, i know. and i liked him. but then i've never had a 'midwife' experience so i'm curious about that too.

i have huge admiration for women who homebirth (and i feel like a wierdo for not choosing it for myself because i know so many women who do). i'm glad everyone is free to do what they want.

happy 29th zion! i turned the big 3-0 when i was preg last time so no big drinks for me.
#32 of 48 Old 09-28-2006, 09:43 PM

Happy early birthday Chris!! I hope you have a great day!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#33 of 48 Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 PM

Happy early birthday!

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#34 of 48 Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
another resolution is to enjoy every last minute of my 'only' and give him all the undivided attention that i can. i am grieving the loss of his onliness (only a little bit at this point but i know this will change his life completely). ya know? even though it is a change that i wanted and that i think will be great for him i think he is going to be mad when mama is so consumed by this new creature. i'm scared about that.
Wow! That is so very well said - I feel exactly the same way. I'm excited to have another baby. I'm happy that DD will have a sibling, which I believe to be an enriching relationship. But I'm sad that I will no longer be able to give DD as much of myself and frightened that the transition will be hard for her. I vascilate between being grateful that this pregnancy started with no stress or fuss and that the decision about when to have another appears to have been taken out of my hands and guilt that I didn't wait longer to give DD more time as an only child. :
#35 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted you ladies to know, I walked past a whole table of doughnuts this morning and didn't take any!! Yeah self control! I will stay healthy, i will stay healthy, I will stay healthy....

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#36 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 07:36 AM

good 4 you sandra
#37 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Violet...were you really up at 3:30 am or is that my computer offsetting the time from the east coast? Please tell me you're getting more sleep than that!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#38 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 03:09 PM

Hi All! Just checking in. I just POAS yesterday and so much to think about. Vitamins...anyone have suggestions? Last time I just took what the OB prescribed but I'm leery of the gelatin and who-knows-what-else in there. Anyone have a vegetarian prenatal vit. to suggest?
#39 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 03:15 PM

i'm taking the rainbow light just once vits. not too bad so far. but man $26 for the bottle!

sandra - i'm impressed!

what is poas?
#40 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
what is poas?
Pee On A Stick (pregnancy test)
#41 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 04:24 PM

I also take Rainbow Light, but I take the "complete system" which is 6 pills a day. It can be a drag taking so many pills, but I think I feel better when the nutrients are spread out throughout the day. I buy mine from vitacost.com - 360 tabs (2 months worth) for about $29.

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#42 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 05:34 PM

I take the Rainbow Lights, too, 6 a day. I chose them because they are packed with vitamins and herbs and supplements to help fight nausea, which is a big one for me. Keeping nourished in my fourth pregnancy is important, even if I have to take all those green pills!

I'm also taking an Omega 3 and 6 pill, as it helps to maintain hormone balance.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#43 of 48 Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post
Violet...were you really up at 3:30 am or is that my computer offsetting the time from the east coast? Please tell me you're getting more sleep than that!
sandra - yeah, it was 6:30. but i did wake up around 4 and couldn't fall back to sleep esp. since DP's alarm goes off at 5:30, 5:40, 5:50 until i'm like "get your butt outta bed or call in sick already". then my son and his sleepover buddy were up by six anyway and then we went apple picking so it's been a long day. i know i'll good tonight.

rosie - i take the rainbow lights one-a-day too and it says vegan guard on the front so i know there's no gelatin. they are pricey though, but what can ya do?
#44 of 48 Old 10-01-2006, 09:36 AM

Okay, this is a totally random question, but what is NAK?

Thanks!

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#45 of 48 Old 10-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineIndy View Post
Okay, this is a totally random question, but what is NAK?
I wondered that for weeks when I first came to MDC. It stands for Nursing At Keyboard.
#46 of 48 Old 10-01-2006, 12:57 PM

I know that I am willing to listen to my dh's concerns about a homebirth vs hospital birth for a few reasons. Primarily, he feels very strongly about it, more strongly than I do. It is his birthing experience too (even if I am the one doing all the work) and I don't want him to be scared out of his mind and on edge the whole time. Whatever the setting is, I want us both to be comfortable. I would probably be more comfortable at home, but not if he is nervous, kwim? We are partners, and we make compromises as part of our marriage. I'm sure if I cared more than he did or if he didnt' have feelings of abject terror at the thought of a homebirth he would agree to one. That is why I would like to try and get him to change his mind but if he doesn't that is fine by me too. It probably doesn't help that the only 2 people we know who have planned a homebirth have either ended up in the hospital for a C and I had a complicated birth with our first.

As for the weight issue, I am trying to be good, I really am. But I am so hungry all the time. I only gained a little with my dd, I had ms until midway through the final trimester. I have minor ms now and eating makes it feel better.

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#47 of 48 Old 10-01-2006, 05:13 PM

Eat, Kristin, eat! As long as you are eating healthy foods (veggies, fruits, whole grains, proteins), then don't worry about eating too much. Our calorie needs almost double when we are pregnant. The baby takes so much from us that we need to be really well nourished so that our blood can build well and provide for both of us! Yes, pass up the donuts but eat as many nuts and apples and smoothies as you want!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#48 of 48 Old 10-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Oh that is what I mean. I am trying to avoid the donuts and eat good food. It just seems all I want is crap... So being hungry all the time isn't a bad thing, it is the being hungry for chocolate and french fries that I am worried about. Not good for me or baby (or my nursling).

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page