pregnancy signs and "symptoms" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate calling them "symptoms" because we are not Ill. Pregnancy is not a disease. You all know what I mean

What are you feeling?

My boobs are bigger and I get really tired at night but thats it so far.
#2 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 AM

My chest has been really tender, although that seems to be going away. I'm also exhausted, and I'm hungry more often than normal, especially in the evenings before I go to bed.
#3 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 09:58 AM

My chest is starting to get a little sore, but it hasn't gotten as sore with pregnancies #2, 3 and 4. Maybe because I've been nursing for almost 9 1/2 years straight!

I am definitely having to start to take care not to get constipated/gassy. I added liquid cholorphyll and cod liver oil to my diet and we're doing beter with this.

Yesterday I started to feel "off" and knew I needed to eat something. Not like I was going to throw up exactly, but definitely "woozy" and like I could get sick if I didn't do something about it. That surprised me because I am only 4 1/2 weeks. But I am welcoming the nausea as a sign that things are going well!

Oh, and I measured my waist (my pregnancy journal has a place for periodic waist and weight measurements). I've gained a little over a 1/2 inch - but no extra weight. That's enough to make my clothes tight!

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#4 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 10:59 AM

My chest is still pretty sore and swollen (yay for finally getting boobs again!). I still get cramps here and there, but I started drinking a lot more water and the cramps don't come as often. I'm getting nauseaus more often, but that makes me really happy because I know it's a good sign. My appetite is pretty non-existent. Once I start eating something the nausea comes and I can't eat anymore. When I was pregnant with DS I ate ALL THE TIME, maybe that is why I gained 53 lbs I'm hoping to stay under 50 this time.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#5 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 PM

Well,my boobs are really sore and am starting to get a little nausea. But I think the worst so far is the horrible mood swings. I've been having some insomnia lately, so that definitely hasn't helped with the emotional aspect. I just feel so irritable and frustrated all the time. I'm a pretty sensitive person to begin with, but this is ridiculous. Anyone else feeling this way? Anyway hoping it will get better.
#6 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM

I started out with swollen boobs that were a little bit tender. They are still swollen but don't really feel that tender anymore. Instead I am now nauseaus. No puking yet but sure feel like. Also I am just noticing I'm starting to feel very swollen all over. I'm kind of concerned about this. Is that normal. My hands feel VERY swollen and I'm starting to feel it in my face and feet as well. I am wondering if I'm retaining water. I'm trying to drink extra water today to try and flush it out.
#7 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm just exhausted--falling asleep way earlier than I used to at night. That's about it, but I'm only 4 weeks today...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#8 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Sharp pain in my lower abdomen when I sneeze. OUCH:
#9 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 02:43 PM

I have had periodic waves of nausea. Last time it kicked in right around 5.5 weeks so maybe full blown MS is just around the corner (although I hope not...it sucked last time). But the biggest is the bone tired exhaustion that hits in the late afternoon. I had to go lie down and take a nap yesterday and i DON'T nap.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#10 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM

Nausea (it's up a notch today), crampy/pully feelings, fatigue, hungry all the time, breasts are sore (but not near as sore as with DS, but I'm still nursing him, and my breasts have been on the job for 2 years+ now, so maybe that's why they're not too sore.)

Happily married with two sweet boys (8/04 and 6/07) bikenew.gifsleepytime.gifand one sweet baby girl born en caul (2/10)! babygirl.gif
#11 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 03:18 PM

I forgot to add exhaustion. Every day around noon time I just crash. Some days I cannot even stay awake so I nap with DS. Right now I'm at work and it's taking a lot of effort to keep my eyes open. I can't wait to get home and just lay down!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM

I am doing great I feel it might be a little early since I'm only 4-5weeks but I feel really good. Maybe a little bloated but I've been eatting really salty food. My boobs are finally not so sore and that is a good thing and they look a little bigger. Hope everything stays so easy!

Mommy to Two
#13 of 76 Old 09-27-2006, 11:14 PM

i've definitely had the sore bbs going on but today i also noticed that i'm super sensitive to smells. this lady on the subway was wearing perfume and i had to get up and move and then later i walked by a popcorn place and the smell of the "butter" made me a little queasy. there's no way to avoid smells (good and bad) in nyc - so i guess this is just the beginning...
#14 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 02:31 AM

I have really just been tired and hungry. Occasional tummy issues, but mainly just tired.

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#15 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 07:31 AM

Exhaustion...I wish napping was allowed where I work. For my DS, I worked at a preschool and I would actually nap when the kids were -it was perfect!
I also have sore bb's, craving for milk (driving to work yesterday, I turned around and came home to get a glass!) and thats about it.
I also gained 50 pounds last pregnancy and I don't want to do that with this one. So far I am not eating that much more than usual. Just trying to keep making good choices.
#16 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 AM

The last couple days, I've been feeling a quick sharp stabby pain in my cervix. It only happens once or twice a day but for the life of me I can't remember if that's normal. And the peeing. Ooooh, the peeing. 2000000 times a day. Luckily I'm too dang exhausted to wake up in the middle of the night so at least I only pee every hour in the day. :

And I have no appetite. I am not nauseous, and I feel hungry, but then after 2 or 3 bites, I'm full.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#17 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 09:52 AM

I'm tired. And tired. And tired.

And also I want orange juice!

Whoever said they wanted a glass of milk - that turned my stomach. No real nausea yet, but it's very early yet. . . .

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#18 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 05:30 PM

Ok I spoke to soon! Thismorning I woke up with major bloat!!! Oh my I couldnt suck in my tummy for the life of me but after I went to the gym things seemed to get better! Maybe I needed to burn out all the gas
Anyone else suffering from major bloat????

Mommy to Two
#19 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 05:39 PM

I feel really good so far...

my breasts have been more sore this time than I remember before. I am not extraordinarily hungry or tired usually, but have had intense moments of both. Mostly I am just feeling stupid! The other day I gave two different people my mother's phone number (in a different state!) as mine, and then I couldn't find the cheese and my husband later found I had put it in the freezer...hmmm. Well, no wonder- when I lie down, I can actually feel all the blood pumping down low in my belly. Probably much of it is bypassing my brain entirely!

My nausea usually comes around 7-8 weeks and goes away by about 15 weeks, though eating is hard for me throughout my pregnancy and I don't gain weight well. This time I am already seeing an acupuncturist who works specifically with women. She has me on an herbal formula to help with nausea and digestion, so I'm hoping it will work!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#20 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 05:39 PM

i can only hope that gas is the reason for my puffy belly - otherwise i'm in big trouble.
nectarines have been really good lately...
#21 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 08:55 PM

I'm with you on the bloating thing. I wake up each morning and I have my same old belly. By evening though, dear goodness! All puffy and squidgy. No fun. Worse, it was open house at school last night and I had my nice, thin fabric, fitted dress on to meet all the parents. Silly me, forgetting how silly and bloated I look after about 7:00.
#22 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 09:17 PM

Ugh, now I have been having some sharp stabby pains in my cervix--really quick ones. And my whole pelvis has some weird cramping. It's freaking me the heck out because the cramping started when I was grocery shopping with Brandon. I hate the first part of pregnancy before you know everything's ok.

#23 of 76 Old 09-28-2006, 10:26 PM

i just read that at 5wks - baby is the size of a sesame seed! so now i'm calling it sesame, as in "could you get me some water please? sesame's thirsty"
#24 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Okay, I now officially have insomnia. I'm exhausted, but I cannot fall asleep. This has been going on for about five nights in a row and it's definitely no fun. I can't get comfortable because all my muscles/joints feel kinda achy. : Is this just me, or are others experiencing something similar?

I like the "sesame" thing, that's cute.
#25 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 01:40 AM

INSOMNIA! Yes, it's driving me crazy...for the last almost week I have had such restless sleep, like I wake up all these times in the middle of the night totally awake wondering why I'm not asleep. Then my mind starts racing...I think my mind is still in the mode of decoding all of the charting information and pregnancy tests and spotting and just can't get it that I'm pregnant and now I just need to rest!

My back is super achey, like in all of my pregnancies, but it was one of my first symptoms and I'm bummed it's here so early!

Ah, the memories are coming back to me...of being 9 months pregnant and spending hours every night sitting, just resting, in the chair because lying down is so uncomfortable!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#26 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
Ah, the memories are coming back to me...of being 9 months pregnant and spending hours every night sitting, just resting, in the chair because lying down is so uncomfortable!!
I remember that too, it was no fun at all! I remember a few days before DS was born I sat in a glider all night and rocked because I couldn't sleep. My hips would go numb if I layed down, so I'd have to keep switching sides all night long.

#27 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Sharp pain in my lower abdomen when I sneeze. OUCH:
Me too! This just happened this morning, and I hoped it was normal.

I also kind of knew right away as my temps went higher than normal, I slept restlessly for a week (VERY unusual) and I had cramps which were definitely NOT AF related.
#28 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 03:02 PM

Is anyone else emotional? It just started for me today. DS and I watched "House of Babies" and when DS said he loved babies I started crying. Then DS went for a nap and I started watching "Adoption Story" - big mistake. I don't think I've cried that hard in a long time. I'm still crying on and off about it. I can't stop. See, there I go again, I'm gonna have to go get some more tissues now.

#29 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratchka View Post
Okay, I now officially have insomnia. I'm exhausted, but I cannot fall asleep.
Alright Saratchka...I'm blaming you for my insomnia last night. I read your post right before i went to bed, and I thought at the time "few! thank goddness I can still sleep just fine." Then I had one of my most restless nights ever! Tossing and turning. Up every hour to pee. No Fun!

Jilian: My emotions definitely are bubbling at a different pace now a days. I'm sorry your feeling so sad right now!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#30 of 76 Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 PM

Ack! Sorry to share my sleep issues with you. I hope it was just a one-night thing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page