Weekly Thread: Oct.1st - Oct. 8th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 99 Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mandy, getting two false positives just isn't very likely. assume you are pregnant and retest in a a couple more days so your husband believes you!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#62 of 99 Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 PM

I'd stick with one brand, and probably FRER if you're testing on the early side. They require the lowest level of the drugstore brands. (That's just my preferred brand. The required level is 25 mlU, there are other drugstore brands that are equally sensitive, but none more sensitive that I'm aware of.) You can get more info at http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

From what I understand, the digitals generally require a pretty high level of hormone to test positive, so I wouldn't expect them to work until a few days after your missed period.

I know it's frustrating to be in the dark about this, but some women produce hormone more slowly than others, even when things are going beautifully and it just takes a few days longer to get your BFP if you're one of them. Good luck!
#63 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 09:06 AM

Well, good news....thanks, by the way, to those of you who gave advice re. MW and hospital issues. I talked to the MW office and it turns out they now do deliver at the hospital with NICU. I really don't care which one I deliver at; I did deliver at this hospital with NICU with DS and found it to be a good experience, so I am fine with delivering there, and I can still have a MW to attend the birth, which is my main goal!! We go to meet the MW in two weeks. DH is feeling much better now that we know this. Yay!!!
#64 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 AM

Mandy:11 DPO is still really early, so don't get discouraged. I didn't get a dark positive until about 14 DPO and I was using the saveontests.com test (most sensitive that I know of). Wait a few more days and try again.

Rosie: Yay!!! I'm so happy you get to have a midwife and your husband is comfortable with it too! I hope your meeting goes well.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#65 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM

Yay, Rosie! I'm so glad to hear you and your DH have found a solution that works well for both of you!

Last night after I used the bathroom, I turned around to flush and saw blood on the toilet paper. I never spotted during my last pregnancy and hadn't yet with this one, so I was very startled and concerned. I wiped again and found no trace of blood. Then I looked more carefully and noticed that there were already several pieces of toilet paper in the bowl, and I'd only used one of them. Turns out DH had used some toilet paper on a small cut he'd given himself, then tossed it into the toilet. Thanks for the heart attack, sweetie!

I'm starting to feel pretty pukey today. Not sure when I'll actually get sick, but it seems that I'm not to avoid the m/s this time around, either. Bummer.

I'm completely chomping at the bit to tell people about this pregnancy. It's actually harder to keep my mouth shut than it was last time. Oh well, just a few more weeks until we're going to tell family, and the world can know by Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
#66 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be able to join this thread! I just got my BFP yesterday (at 19DPO), with 3 BFNs before, so I am quite happy.

This will be our first child, knock on wood. I got set up for my first u/s and appointment with my new midwife yesterday. Woohoo!!
#67 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Mandy:11 DPO is still really early, so don't get discouraged. I didn't get a dark positive until about 14 DPO and I was using the saveontests.com test (most sensitive that I know of). Wait a few more days and try again.
I agree. I got a faint faint faint line at 9 dpo. I took another test yesterday at 12 dpo and it was still pretty faint, but a bit darker.
#68 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 03:10 PM

OMG saratchka!! That would have made my heart skip a beat.
#69 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I agree. I got a faint faint faint line at 9 dpo. I took another test yesterday at 12 dpo and it was still pretty faint, but a bit darker.
I got BFNs at 12, 14 and 16DPO. I got sick of testing, and only tested on 19DPO because my temp was so high, and there was my 2nd line! Give it some time... hopefully AF will stay away!
#70 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 05:30 PM

Becky, welcome to the group. It's fantastic to see so many BFP's around here.
#71 of 99 Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 PM

Thanks, PatchChild, I'm happy to be here
#72 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 AM

I can't sleep!!! Anyone else? Well, first of all I'm tired in an unbelievable way. All week, when I nurse DS to sleep at 7:30 pm I drift off myself and can't drag myself out of bed to spend some time with DH. Then...I wake up around 3 am and I'm so restless, and my mind is racing, thinking about both pregnancy stuff and just general, whatever pops in my head stuff. Actually I remember this happening with my first pregnancy too. Maybe it's hormonal? Anyhow, when I wake up, I'm just too restless to stay in bed, so I've been getting up so that I don't wake up DS with the tossing and turning. So here I am on MDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29 View Post
Well, good news....thanks, by the way, to those of you who gave advice re. MW and hospital issues. I talked to the MW office and it turns out they now do deliver at the hospital with NICU. I really don't care which one I deliver at; I did deliver at this hospital with NICU with DS and found it to be a good experience, so I am fine with delivering there, and I can still have a MW to attend the birth, which is my main goal!! We go to meet the MW in two weeks. DH is feeling much better now that we know this. Yay!!!
And an update...I had this nagging feeling that the receptionist I spoke to misunderstood my question, and that she thought I was asking about the OB's. So I called yest.; a different person answered and I mentioned the MWs by name and she said no, they only deliver at (smaller hospital). Argh...well, I think I can still negotiate with DH. I think the consult with the MW will be reassuring and answer a lot of questions.
#73 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
This is how my test came out too!
#74 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 11:00 AM

YEAH!!! Welcome to everyone!! It's so exciting to see all the new people joining!

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello! About to start my 12 hour day at work.

toodles,
Sandra

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#75 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 AM

It looks like I got a false positive on the Clear blue easy digital. I read up on the brand...and this brand could give false positives. I took the Clear blue easy digital on Monday...and it clearly said "Pregnant". Then the next day...I took the other stick and it came out "not pregnant". I was so depressed.

Today is CD1. So I am starting all over again...hope to get my BFP next month!
#76 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 01:23 PM

I'm so sorry, Mandy I hope you're back in here soon!!!
#77 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 02:31 PM

heyla mamas!

So I've got the all day sickies coming and going in waves. I'll be fine...then NOT fine.

Last time round the only thing I could eat consistantly in the 1st trimester were tater tots, lime popsicles, and ground beef. Hardly a healthy mix, and not things I'd eaten in YEARS before then. So far no cravings for any of those, but sweet and sour chicken is sounding massively yummy. Maybe I can convince dh that a trip to the chinese buffet would be fun?

I know you're supposed to keep the sodium (and msg) levels down and be careful about certain foods...but I also know that babes are born the world over after mamas eat soft cheese, or a nightly glass of wine, or dolmadas, or what have you. Sigh...so many worries floating in my head right now, I'm gonna make an effort to just go with it.

I am a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar! (okay, yes, I'm a FireFly junkie)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#78 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 02:33 PM

So sorry Mandy.

wombatclay, I have sort of felt a little wave of nausea here and there too. I think it's in my head though. I craved salt with DS and this time looks the same. Pretzels, crackers, popcorn.
#79 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM

Well, I changed my mind about who I want to work with during this pregnancy. I had made an appointment for the end of the month with the ob practice at the local hospital but haven't been at all happy about the idea of having a hospital birth. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about free standing birth centers in the area. I knew my husband would flip at the idea of a home birth, at least for my first (now when I get around to having a second...) so I didn't think I had any real choices.

Fortunately, someone on one of the tribes pointed me to the Birth Cottage in Milford NH. I just got off the phone with them and I'm so excited! I made an appointment for about 2 weeks from now. I'll get a chance to get a better feel for the place any my skeptic of a husband can get all his worried questions out of the way. The best part for me, birthing tubs in the rooms! I might actually get to have the water borth I've dreamed about!!!
#80 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 05:44 PM

Patch: That is so exciting!! I love the name of it..."The birth Cottage"...it sounds natural and inviting and cozy. I hope your hubby can get all his questions answered to his satisfaction.

Mandy: I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed for next time!

No nausea lately. I had a few days of waves right when I tested positive around 4 weeks, but not much since then. It's hard to want the nausea and fear it at the same time.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#81 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 06:00 PM

Patch, that's wonderful! I started doing research a few months ago and found my current midwife/ob practice based on which birthing centers they work with. I also hope to have a waterbirth.
#82 of 99 Old 10-06-2006, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post
It's hard to want the nausea and fear it at the same time.
sandra - i was so looking forward to m/s (then i'll really feel pg) but now that it's here i'm like 'oh yeah, i remember this - ugh, hopefully only six more weeks of it'

is there any truth to the rumor that people feel sicker w/ girls than they do with boys b/c of different hormone levels? probably not, huh?
#83 of 99 Old 10-07-2006, 08:12 AM

I talked to my homebirth midwife yesterday. Her policy is mom comes in whenever she is ready. I am leaning toward around the beginning of second trimester, or the end of first. I think that will take some of the "will we/won't we" anxiety away from the heartbeat. I would prefer to hear the heartbeat after I feel movement in some ways, but I'm not far enough along to know how I'll feel when the time comes. She just talked about nutrition and trying to eat as much good stuff as I could, and enough calories. And she said to rest rest rest. (Who does this with a 1 year old?!) I try to just lay down when Riley does, hopefully that will work. In any case she and I were on the same page. This pregnancy I am just going to try and stress-less. I'm trying to trust my body, trust my uterus, and trust God. I'm not going to assume the worst, because there is no benefit to that. I spent most of my first tri last time worried sick, and I refuse to do that this time. Whatever happens with this pregnancy, we will deal with as it comes. Until then, I am going to assume everything is normal and healthy, unless I have reason to think otherwise. That feels good. Very liberating. That is how I know that we're going down the right path, with the right midwife, at the right time. I am ready for this.
#84 of 99 Old 10-07-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy13 View Post
It looks like I got a false positive on the Clear blue easy digital. I read up on the brand...and this brand could give false positives. I took the Clear blue easy digital on Monday...and it clearly said "Pregnant". Then the next day...I took the other stick and it came out "not pregnant". I was so depressed.

Today is CD1. So I am starting all over again...hope to get my BFP next month!
So Sorry Mandy :
#85 of 99 Old 10-07-2006, 08:58 PM

Hmm, if people feel sicker with girls, then this one MUST be a boy. I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant. Clothing still fits great, I'm eating normally, still running around on my crazy work schedule. Feeling at least a little something would be nice. This is starting to make me nervous.
#86 of 99 Old 10-07-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetisadora View Post
is there any truth to the rumor that people feel sicker w/ girls than they do with boys b/c of different hormone levels? probably not, huh?
With my DD my gag reflex was up, but I never actually puked.

So far my gag reflex isn't even bothering me.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#87 of 99 Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 PM

i felt sick all three previous pregnancies, and now i'm just at 6 weeks and i'm thinking "oh no! here i go again!" it's just that awful underlying nausea, like i'm trying really hard NOT to feel nauseous, but it's just right there waiting for me to not eat enough protein! yuck. i'm thinking the same thing, violet- only six more weeks, right??!! the last day of my first trimester is my birthday (nov 19th), so it's extra fun to look forward to that day this year!!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#88 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchChild View Post
Hmm, if people feel sicker with girls, then this one MUST be a boy. I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant. Clothing still fits great, I'm eating normally, still running around on my crazy work schedule. Feeling at least a little something would be nice. This is starting to make me nervous.
I feel the same way, Patch! My friends keep assuring me it's ok to not feel anything yet, so I'm trying to stay calm.
#89 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 AM

Becky, I also have friends who are great at telling me to relax. I'm trying hard to stay focused on being lucky to feel so good. That works most of the time, usuallt right up until I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Oh well. MW appointment is in a week and a half, that should help reassure me that everything is ok.
#90 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Mataji4- My birthday is November 20th! We'll have to share virtual cake and candles.

It works out well...my birthday, the beginning of the second trimester, and Thanksgicing so we can tell the family all in one fell swoop. If I can make it to "turkey day" I think I'll be able to relax a bit.

And I agree with everyone...although I've got nausea that comes and goes, and a few other "signs", I don't really feel pregnant yet, you know? DH and I have been trying for so long I just can bring myself to believe it's happened!

Oh yeah...so the third largest book sale in the country is taking place right now in my home town (Ithaca Friends of the Library Book Sale)! I'm going to go this afternoon and see what sort of pregnancy books they have...I gave away all my books after dd arrived and I can't wait to fill up the bookshelves with a few more "baby on the way" books. I have Kitzinger's Complete Book of Pregnancy, and Birthing from Within, but they're library copies and I'd love to have my own.

Stay healthy all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page