Weekly Thread: Oct.1st - Oct. 8th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My uncle passed away last night. Hard day around here. In the midst of it, I found out that my cousin (his daughter) is due right around the same time as me. And she hadn't yet told him.

I went to get a pair of pants for the funeral and I ended up buying maternity. I'm far more bloated this time and I was in maternity by 9 weeks with DS. I have a feeling I've only got 2-3 more weeks.
#92 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:19 PM

FWIW, I didn't get sick until about 6 weeks last time. I think that's a fairly common timeframe because that's when the placenta forms? Or am I mistaken?
#93 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
My uncle passed away last night. Hard day around here. In the midst of it, I found out that my cousin (his daughter) is due right around the same time as me. And she hadn't yet told him.

I went to get a pair of pants for the funeral and I ended up buying maternity. I'm far more bloated this time and I was in maternity by 9 weeks with DS. I have a feeling I've only got 2-3 more weeks.
Sorry to hear about your Uncle! :
#94 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:39 PM

Quote:
FWIW, I didn't get sick until about 6 weeks last time. I think that's a fairly common timeframe because that's when the placenta forms? Or am I mistaken?

I think it is around 8 weeks the placenta begins to take over...although with my first pregnancy I was nasuea until about 16 weeks..not getting sick but feeling like I could!
#95 of 99 Old 10-08-2006, 10:39 PM

Where is everyone getting the different tickers??
#96 of 99 Old 10-09-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss How sad

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#97 of 99 Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Where is everyone getting the different tickers??
Heyla mamamin! You have to type the characters into your signature line to create a ticker...

So if you edit your signature, you can type in the correct number of * (****5****10****etc) and pick an icon to use as the place holder. Then just move the icon each week.

Hope that makes sense!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#98 of 99 Old 10-09-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Heyla mamamin! You have to type the characters into your signature line to create a ticker...

So if you edit your signature, you can type in the correct number of * (****5****10****etc) and pick an icon to use as the place holder. Then just move the icon each week.

Hope that makes sense!
Makes perfect sense. I was starting to think that everyone was doing that. Thanks Clay!!
#99 of 99 Old 10-09-2006, 02:00 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Shell_Ell. My uncle just died last weekend and we had his memorial service on Saturday. I still haven't told anyone in my family that I'm pregnant. I was thinking about telling my mom, but I was already so emotional at the service that I just couldn't handle anymore tears, even happy ones.

I started feeling very slightly queasy this morning, but I'm not sure if it was hunger or not.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page