What's everybody eating? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baked potato with broccoli and jack cheese. Mmmm, it was exactly what I wanted and it tasted just as good as I hoped. Yum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
ANYTHING!!!!! Oh my goodness I've just been starving! Even after I eat I still want something else
Me too! I cannot eat enough, seriously. I am eating us out of house and home.

With both of my previous pregnancies I gained the most weight my first trimester, and I am certainly following the same pattern again.

~ Meredith, mom to dd(Jan '02), ds1(May '04) and ds2 (June '07) ~ :
Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
Me too! I cannot eat enough, seriously. I am eating us out of house and home.
I just started with this a few days ago. I cannot stop eating. I need to eat at least once every hour. I've been keeping grahm crackers and almonds in my car to snack on when I'm out.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 AM

God, you guys are good! I was doing good for a while, but today was insane... I finished off the cream-filled Italian pastry in the fridge for breakfast, ate my 3 year old's fries for lunch, a couple of lite ice cream bars, then a healthy dinner of salmon, green beans and sweet potato. Needless to say, I felt like crap all day and am wondering what my damage is?! I'm calling it a fluke and will not do it again.

I'm feeling remarkable free of nausea, unlike my 1st pg and subsequent mc. I'm actually very nervous about it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 PM

I feel so out of the loop. I have not been sick at all, and I have had no cravings really. I have felt more hungry, but I just eat throughout the day as usual. I want cravings and sickness so I can really feel pregnant!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM

Black Bean Burritos,anything vegetarian. The smell of meat cooking especially Hamburger has me ready to hurl. LOL
Reese Cups-Must HAve
Old 10-18-2006, 07:12 PM

On a side note, how can I get one of those cool counters for my signature??
Old 10-18-2006, 07:49 PM

I've been "treating" myself--well, the baby really--by buying a ready-made salad 4-5 times per week at Whole Foods. I wish I were a better cook and healthier eater, but I'm not, and especially with salad. I will eat it if is ready, but I just CAN'T get the energy to wash greens, slice stuff, etc.

I just bought four more types of salty snacks again today. Almond Thins, Rice Thins, and several brands of CHEESE crackers have been the only thing to really, REALLY sound good for the past 10 days or so.

--willo
Old 10-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
On a side note, how can I get one of those cool counters for my signature??
You just make it -- type out the numbers and the ****s to number the weeks, and then put whatever smilie suits your fancy on the week you're at. You have to go in and change your sig each week.

I've been eating just about anything. I'm glad to hear there are plenty of people who have lost their sweet tooth -- maybe it will rub off on me. I just returned from a visit to my parents, which started out with Thanksgiving dinner and ended with my dad's birthday dinner of Chinese take out I've been eating a lot of cheese and meat -- protein and fat are a must for keeping me full.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 10-19-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
I feel so out of the loop. I have not been sick at all, and I have had no cravings really. I have felt more hungry, but I just eat throughout the day as usual. I want cravings and sickness so I can really feel pregnant!
I'm with you, Matey! I haven't been sick at all yet either although my tummy doesn't like to be empty. I keep a package of crackers next to the bed for when I wake up hungry, and so far as long as I have a few crackers I feel fine. I have been starving though, and I feel like I'm eating all the time! Just about anything sounds good, although things that are really sweet have never appealed to me and don't now either. (I'm one of those strange people that would rather have an extra dinner roll instead of the chocolate cake for dessert. )

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
Old 10-19-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins0614 View Post
I'm with you, Matey! I haven't been sick at all yet either although my tummy doesn't like to be empty. I keep a package of crackers next to the bed for when I wake up hungry, and so far as long as I have a few crackers I feel fine. I have been starving though, and I feel like I'm eating all the time! Just about anything sounds good, although things that are really sweet have never appealed to me and don't now either. (I'm one of those strange people that would rather have an extra dinner roll instead of the chocolate cake for dessert. )
We are feeling such similar things! The other day there were donuts at work, I got one, took one bite, and threw it away. I didn't feel sick from it, it just didn't sound good at all. I too have been starving a lot, so I just keep eating, although I have been trying to make it decent things like oranges, raw nuts, and veggies. Tonight I did have a piece of pizza after dinner. I think I had my first craving today though. It was for hot wing pizza. I couldnt stop thinking abou tit, and my mouth started to water real bad. I guess that is a craving, I dont know. I too would rather have a dinner role instead of the chocolate cake. I would also take salt over sweet any day.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Robbins0614
We also have very close due dates!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM

Right now I really would like some mozzarella sticks! I've been busy making pies using those ready made grahm crusts and putting sliced bananas in the bottom and topping with chocolate pudding. Oh my gosh my family is going to be HUGE because I just keep making them and eating them and they do to. At work I keep going down to the cafeteria every morning to get a ham, egg, and cheese croissant, luckily I'm only in the office twice a week. Though right now I'm thinking it would be good to go to the store and get stuff to make them at home! I also keep wanting to go to this Mongolian BBQ for lunch. Its sort of a stirfry place where you put your meat, veggies, noodles, and make your own sauce in a bowl and then they cook it for you. I could eat there every day.

Most things I cook myself I don't want to eat.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:50 PM

I'm feeling really weird and guilty.

I'm Jewish (a convert) and haven't eaten pork in about 10 years. Until this week. I want bacon in a way I can't even describe, and I had it twice this week from the Whole Foods hot breakfast bar.

Luckily, I am the most kosher member of my Jewish extended family (in-laws), but, still, if anyone sees me eating this, I'm going to have to explain myself.

Sheesh.
--willo

User Tag List