tired all day, can't sleep at night - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 10-15-2006, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So all day long all I can think about is how badly I want to take a nap. I wonder, will my toddler nap today so I can too? If she doesn't, will she notice that my eyes are closed while we play farm? I can actually fall asleep between pages of a book I'm reading to dd while she looks at the pictures for awhile...until she demands "READ". And here I am at 1am. I've been in bed for 2 hours, gotten up to pee twice, eaten a container of yogurt cause I felt a bit hungry then thought if I don't take care of this, when dd wakes up to nurse I'll be so hungry I won't be able to get back to sleep. Well that's not an issue cause I can't get to sleep in the first place. What's going on? The later it gets the worse it is cause then all I can think about is how tired I'm going to be tomorrow. I'm feeling sorry for myself. Anyone else in the same boat? I guess I'll go back to bed now......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 AM

sessy I'm right there with you! Yesterday from about 4pm on all I could think about was getting to bed. I finally gave in and got under the covers at 8pm (after falling asleep on the couch). Woke up at 12, got up at 2, 3, 4 and finally got up at 5 for good. I was so hungry and frustrated and now I wonder how I'll get everything done today that I need to because I know I'll be thinking about sleeping all day!
:
#3 of 5 Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Yes - and when I can't sleep at night (because I napped during the day) and work looms large in the a.m., I take 2 benadryl. Benadryl is safe in PG, and it makes me drowsy enough so my mind stops racing, and I can actually drop off to sleep.

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!

#4 of 5 Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 PM

You know I never had this problem before, but I've been having trouble sleeping or staying asleep at night too. Especially if I get a nap in the afternoon. At night I just have too many things going through my head, then if something wakes me up early (DS, bathroom, DH waking up for work), I can't go back to sleep. It's so weird because I've never had problems sleeping before - at least not until the end of the pg when you're just too uncomfortable to get a good night's sleep.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#5 of 5 Old 10-17-2006, 03:15 PM

I'm going through the same thing. Last night I actually got more than two hours of sleep, but I'm still dragging today.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page