Nauseous!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 10-23-2006, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting to get about 1-2 hours of midmorning nausea. It's not too bad, I haven't thrown up. With DS it was much worse, and I'm just hoping that it's not going to be like that. I just keep thinking if I can make it to about 10-11 weeks it will be better. So far so good.
#32 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 05:14 AM

My nausea is very bad I wish I'd end up vomitting, so the nausea will go. But, of course that's not the case. Several times in a day I gag but nothing comes out : and I hate, hate, hate that. I'll try gingerale tomorrow, see if it'll help with my nausea. Last pregnancy it was so easy, milk was my remedy for nausea.

When, oh when will this nausea go?? My mil told me that she had nausea the entire 9 months <shudder> .
#33 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 11:01 AM

To PP: yes on the too much saliva; yes on the gag reflex; and yes on it's probably only willpower that keeps me from vomiting more. I feel SO much worse after vomiting--not like when you've got food poisoning and it's a relief. I've been sipping gatorade--tiny sips, but am beginning to think this baby will come out artificially colored! Plain water comes back up too easily.
#34 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalmama View Post
My nausea is very bad I wish I'd end up vomitting, so the nausea will go. But, of course that's not the case.
Same here. I come so close to vomiting but never do. I want to vomit at this point because I think it will give me some relief, or at least the nausea will go away for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalmama View Post
When, oh when will this nausea go?? My mil told me that she had nausea the entire 9 months <shudder> .
9 months I can't imagine the nausea being full-force for an entire 9 mos, that would be awful! I've heard most people say it goes away by 16 weeks or so. But that is still 8 weeks away and it seems like an eternity

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#35 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 PM

Well, I think my naturopath found the right homeopathic remedy. I took it last night after a week of horror and today I feel like a million bucks. I can eat and drink and I don't have any nausea, except when I smell the catpan. My DD new kitten stinks!
After a week in bed, it's good to be a productive member of the family!

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
#36 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM

Yes I have it in full force!! I almost can't even talk about it ! LOL I was just at a birth and the mom giviing birth got sick and I just about lost it! We will all feel beter soon
#37 of 48 Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
tls

This is the first time out of 4 pregnancies where I have been nauseous this much and it is tougher than I thought. I am thrilled to have such a strong pregnancy sign, but yikes, its been a challenge. I have spent days where I feel sick all day long. Today was one of the first days where I only had a short period of time feeling nauseous. The rest of the time I have been sick with a nasty cold. I guess my body can only handle feeling one type of sickness at a time . On top of the nausea I have heartburn and constipation so I'm a huge bundle of happiness! I am soooo looking forward to the second trimester .
#38 of 48 Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 AM

I have been more nauseous for the past couple of days. I too just wish I would vomit so my stomach would calm down.:
#39 of 48 Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 PM

I'm just now starting to feel nauseous, but it's not that bad (I keep telling myself it won't get worse). However, if I feel sick, I CANNOT eat. I do feel better after eating when I feel slightly nauseous, but if it's moderate nausea, no way. The yucky taste in my mouth is making it worse I think. I am stopping by the store on my way home today to get gum or mints or something. I don't really want to suck on mints that are full of sugar all day, but I don't know what else to get. Is there any minty candy without all the sugar (or fake sugar)?
#40 of 48 Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 PM

The nausea seems to be easing up a little for me. (Knocking vigorously on wood! ) I've been able to eat meals of reasonable size, and keep them down, even if they do sometimes make me feel like I've swallowed a brick. This is a huge relief as I was beginning to worry about my weight loss considering that I'm still nursing DD 8-10 times per day. I guess this is one of the few times I'm excited to have some... errr... reserves. :
#41 of 48 Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Ginger is working! I had the best day today and barely felt nauseaus. I brought a small piece of ginger into work today and took little bites if it when I felt the nausea coming. It worked like a charm. When I got home from work DP had a little present for me: a huge cup of pickled ginger slices from the local sushi place I've been eating them all day. I hope the ginger continues to work. I highly reccomend it!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#42 of 48 Old 10-25-2006, 11:58 PM

Last weekend my husband and I drove past a restaurant called "The Food Farm" and I almost dry heaved! So funny to me now (when I'm not nauseous) but man, when those waves hit they are serious. I found the best thing last time around for me was lemons (smelling them, sucking on them, drinking water with them)... this time we'll have to see.
Liv

Liv, mama to three girls (September 2005, June 2007 and September 2010)
#43 of 48 Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 AM

I remember I tried ginger with DS, and, honestly, it grossed me out. Oh well! Lollipops helped me, I just remembered. (Regular ones. I never bought preggo pops.) I was always so worried about my teeth during pg. I eat constantly and often feel like I can't brush because I'll gag.

If my m/s never gets worse than it is now, I will be grateful.

But last night, we had a serious, nasty, poop blow-out diaper (unexpected from our almost 3 yo, occasional potty pooping DS), and I was trying to help DH with it (a 2 person job!), and I ran dry heaving to the sink 3 times. Oh it was awful.

I just hope it was something DS ate and not some illness starting, because I'll have to hire a nurse or something if he makes any more diapers like that one.

Sorry if this story turns anyone else's stomach. I'm ready to hurl again. Blech.

--willo
#44 of 48 Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 PM

have you guys tried seabands? they work like acupressure and they do the job most of the time. you can get them at the pharmacy . they're around 10 bucks for 2 of them.
#45 of 48 Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2girls1boy View Post
have you guys tried seabands? they work like acupressure and they do the job most of the time. you can get them at the pharmacy . they're around 10 bucks for 2 of them.
oooh, so glad you posted that. I did use them last time and they did help. I had forgotton. I'll have to go dig them out of the closet.
Liv

Liv, mama to three girls (September 2005, June 2007 and September 2010)
#46 of 48 Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 AM

I'm in rough shape too, food, the fridge, everything makes me want to vomit!! I'm having a really hard time eating anything healthy, and i really wanted to try to eat better this time around.... maybe in the next two trimesters!

It seams i'm eating every hour or so to keep the nausea away, but i'm quickly running out of things that sound good!!

Its MUCH worse for me this time around than it was last time, dh thinks that means this is a girl (boy last time),..were not finding out, so time will tell!!
#47 of 48 Old 10-28-2006, 05:41 PM

wow i just found this site and i am so glad to have found a bunch of ladies in the same (or similar) boat as me.. not that i am glad you all feel so sick, but i was posting on the APA site and no one seemed to be feeling as nasty as i was.. i have been mostly confined to bed for the better part of the last month because of the nausea - it's been really shocking and i don't know how people could be working while feeling like this!

anyway i was reading through all the nasuea posts and i too am not a big fan of straight ginger - i just can't stomach it.. (though really stomaching anything at this point is a minor miracle.. i find lately i am putting things in my mouth and i sort of chew at them but i am unable to swallow. they jsut sit there. it is sick..) GINGER SNAPS have been a real godsend though.. i find if i keep a bunch by my bed and eat some in the night or first thing in the morning it takes the edge off a little. ginger ale hasn't been doing much of anything (in fact yesterday it started tasting really weird to me.. so forget it..)

i am another one who isn't puking, but i have intense nausea 24/7 and can barely leave the house. i went to the grocery store to get ice yesterday and it was the first time i had been there in a month.

hope everyone is feeling better - at least a little - real soon.
#48 of 48 Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally Z View Post
I have not had it bad this time yet, i am wait for it to hit with full force but last time with dd i was the same 24 hoours a day i was nauseous. I could not smell food cooking at all. Bland food like mashed potatoe and cracker were about all i could eat, i even had to have them next to the bed at night so i could eat something after needing to pee at night. Fizzy water was easier to drink that plain - shame i feel for you and am hoping to avoid it this time.

Eating little and often was the only thing that helped
knew it was too good to be true, the nausea has appeared with a vengance

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page