Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY's Hudson Valley
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamallama, sushi is really easy to make. Here's the recipe I use:
Simple sushi rolls
Makes 4 futomaki (fat sushi rolls).
4 cups sushi rice (cooked and seasoned with Sushi-zu which you can buy in a bottle at the grocery store)
4 sheets nori (seaweed)
Whatever sushi filling you like
Sushi condiments (soy sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger)
1. Place a nori sheet on top of a bamboo rolling mat.
2. Spread sushi rice in a thin layer on top of the nori sheet, but leave the top inch uncovered.
3. Place sushi filling in a horizontal line about 3/4" from the bottom of the rice covered nori sheet.
4. Roll the bamboo mat to form sushi into a cylinder.
5. Press the mat firmly to seal the sushi and remove roll from mat.
6. Cut roll into slices of desired thickness. Coat knife blade with sushi-zu when slicing to prevent sticking.
7. Repeat 3 times.
If you prefer nigiri sushi, just roll the rice into a tight ball and shape as you would like it, then place the topping of choice over the ball. If you like you can secure the topping to the rice with a thin strip of nori. Just cut the nori with scissors and wet the ends so they'll stick together nicely.