what's everyone craving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just wondering what everyone is craving? i can't seem to get enough salted apples lately!yummy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 04:35 PM

hmm never heard of salting apples but that sounds pretty good. i was craving a LOT of apples because they are good and crunchy right now but i barfed apple and now that craving is gone

bagels and cream cheese. every day.
potatoes potatoes potatoes.
bacon.

soooo not the best diet for pooping

last night i made butternut squash risotto. it was pretty appetizing. again- very starchy.
#3 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 05:24 PM

nothing. absolutely nothing sounds good to eat right now. if i wasn't pg i think i'd give up eating all together. but i'm choking down as much as i can because i want this bean to grow big and healthy.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#4 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM

Poptarts - which I haven't eaten in YEARS! Raspberry frosted. Yum. Also craving raw oysters because I drive by an ad for them at my local fish shops. Resisting that urge, of course.
#5 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 06:53 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Taco Bell chicken soft tacos, thanks to the weekly thread I'm not eating them, but I'm craving them. I'm eating organic baby carrots instead :
#6 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 PM

* cheese crackers
* Taco Bell tacos (which I never normally eat -- apologies for spreading this urge)
* bacon (which I haven't eaten in years because I converted to Judaism and I've had 3 times in the past two weeks )
* strawberries
#7 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM

I have no appetite what so ever, exactly like when I was pregnant with dd. So, I get to force myself to eat various healthy things. Very sad.

, , , and
#8 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 08:24 PM

Hamburgers with blue cheese, which I haven't eaten yet because 1) I don't want to go to the store and DH isn't home, and 2) I still can't figure out if blue cheese is okay to eat while pg. Veggie burgers sound good too. I might get some of those instead.
#9 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 PM

Granny smith apples.... Yum, especially if they ar very tart and not too ripe. I ate Taco Smell last night and it left me so sick!!!! Tonight, I thonk I want pizza...
#10 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM

Pizza! I think I could eat it all day every day
#11 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 09:17 PM

Apples have been yummy. Mac and cheese is incredible (Annie's is the best) and baked potatoes have been making me so very, very happy. Let's seen, white and starchy, white and starchy...I think I'm seeing a pattern here.
#12 of 71 Old 10-27-2006, 11:11 PM

DH had to go to two stores the other night to find me lemon filled shortbread sandwich cookies.
#13 of 71 Old 10-28-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaKat View Post
DH had to go to two stores the other night to find me lemon filled shortbread sandwich cookies.
Lemon is sounding great to me, too, lately. A friend bought pastries after passing her US driving test on Thursday, and I so *DESPERATELY* needed to get the lemon one. (Wouldn't be my normal choice, either.)

--willo
#14 of 71 Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 AM

i've craved & eaten pretty much nothing but junk for the past 3 weeks since m/s started - all carbs and protein (fast food -which i usu. don't do, ramen, nachos, pb & j, cereal, pizza, everything bagels w/ cc and tomato, egg and cheese sanwiches) not a green or fresh thing in sight. it's terrible.
now in the last two days i started feeling a little better so i had a salad last night (w/ fried shrimp and rice - i know, i know).
i try to have whole wheat, organic, and high fiber stuff to balance out some of the nastiness but hopefully my vitamins have covered what i missed and i can start eating healthy again now.
#15 of 71 Old 10-28-2006, 10:25 PM

i can't say i have had any real cravings as such, but it is nice when things don't repulse me. i decided a bagel with cream cheese sounded good so DP went and found me some cream cheese i could eat (lactose intolerant.. grr.. so he had to hunt down pasturized goats cr. cheese..) but then forgot the bagels. i went and bought some bagels which, when i stuck on in the toaster smelled magnificent. sadly when i unwrapped the cream cheese it was covered with mould. i almost burst into tears. but i am hoping to soon rectify the situation.

hahaha.

but yeah, basically anything salty and carby is not repulsive. which is not great for the digestive system - things are getting clogged. but i figure better to eat something than nothing...
#16 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 12:51 AM

I want FAT! I've craved- nuts, guacamolie (the only way I eat avacados), fried mushrooms, fried potatoes (done at home), fried squash, and egg rolls! Oh, I also crave pickles and salty things. This baby seems to hate sweets though, and those make me feel sick.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#17 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 01:22 AM

I ate this last night for dinner and it was sooooooo delicious. Goat cheese and sundried tomatoes mushed together over pasta. Starchy and tart. YUM.

Liv, mama to three girls (September 2005, June 2007 and September 2010)
#18 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 01:37 AM

lasagna, and V8 juice!!!!

With my other PGcys, I craved green olives, crab rangoon, chicken pad thai and spring rolls. hmm, I'm sensing a salty trend here....
#19 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 01:39 AM

speaking of apples, has anyone here tried that new variety called Honey Crisp, or sometimes, Crispin? mmmm sweet and crisp!!!
#20 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Honey crisp are my absolute favorite. It's like someone took the best characterists of every apple and rolled them all into one. Yum yum yum.
#21 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 02:28 PM

First it was kimchi.
Then (and still) goat milk yogurt.
Also kombucha---especially with fresh ginger.
For awhile miso soup.
Then I had to buy some of the oh-so-expensive olives stuffed with garlic.
Cesar salad with extra anchovies in the dressing.
Yesterday cole slaw.
Can't stand coffee, even the smell or sweets.

Meanwhile my husband is balancing my salt and sour fixation with a near daily need for cheesecake. Couvade syndrome? I actually dreamed that he was in labor last night!
#22 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 04:33 PM

Pineapple. I bought one at the store the other day & had to cut it and eat some before I could even put the rest of the groceries away! Also orange juice and apple cider from the orchard near my mom's house.

Parmesan sliced super thin on crackers tastes pretty good to me.

I'm over the candied ginger b/c I can't stand sweets anymore.

I'm also over curried tomato spread on crackers. I ate about 4 cups of it a couple of weeks ago!

I also ate a bunch of hard boiled eggs--until I found something icky in one. Now I can't even think about eating one.

This morning I was thinking about swiss cheese spread (from that recipe in Laurel's Kitchen) on crackers. I think I'll make that later this afternoon.

homeschool.gif mom to dd (11) read.gifand dd (9) crochetsmilie.gif and ds (3) bikenew.gif and  dog2.gif(x2)
#23 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 05:22 PM

Does anyone else change their cravings and adversions on a daily basis? One day I'll love a certain food and the next day the thought of it will disgust me. Ginger is at the top of my adversion list right now and last week it was my savior from m/s.

My craving of the day is shakes with ice cream, milk, and banana. We'll see if it lasts through tomorrow.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#24 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 PM

Yes, my "preferences" change daily. I won't call them cravings because NOTHING sounds good to me right now. I'm not sick, i'm just not in the mood for anything. Any sort of ethnic food is a big turn off right now, and that's usually what I love - Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese. I've O.D.'d on soups and stews and now they all smell like dog food to me. Speaking of which, I've seen/heard 2 dog food ads today, kindly describing the big chunks of lamb, chicken and egg, which nearly sent me running!
The only thing that's been tasting good is yogurt and pop tarts.
#25 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM

yup...it's a play it by ear approach to food for me these days.

Today I had an absolute desire for a CTBLT (College Town Bagel/Bacon Lettuce Tomato) sandwich. It's on grilled sourdough bread, spread with smooshed up avocado and tangy sauce, then lettuce, tomato, and super crunchy bacon. I was droooooling...and Dh got me one for lunch. Yum!

But overall, my stomache does best with greasy/fried/spicy things...guess my all-day sickies haven't read any of those oh so helpful pregnancy books!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#26 of 71 Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM

I haven't had too many cravings but for the last couple of days I have been eating leafy salads with honey mustard dressing!
#27 of 71 Old 11-09-2006, 01:09 AM

HE HE HE

Lemonade and Rice Crispy Treats!!!!!

Dont know why but for some reason they settle my stomache and I also have found myself CRAVING sour gummy worms when my mouth gets all hot and nasty... I dont know why but the sour settles my stomache! Ha ha, not healthy by any means but at least gummys are fat free
#28 of 71 Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 AM

Ive been eating saltine crackers and mayo: and ramen noodles, havent eaten those since I was poor in college.

Angie
#29 of 71 Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM

I've been craving fresh fruit-almost any fruit and the sour gummies as well. I ate a bunch of cantalope yesterday and it was yummy! Dill pickles also sound very good most of the time too!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#30 of 71 Old 11-09-2006, 07:15 PM

Grilled cheese. YUM! That is a constant, but I have lots that come and go, like crab rangoons and pizza.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page