Weekly Thread Nov 12 - 19 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 11-18-2006, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Be aware that, for the Chinese gender chart to be accurate, you need to find one that converts your age/conception date to the LUNAR calendar upon which the data is supposedly based!

Not sure it works, but it was correct for DS (with lunar dates), and it says girl this time, and I kind of feel like this is a girl. (Though I really HOPE for a girl, so I may be messing with my own head!)

With DS, I hoped for a girl but was pretty sure he was a boy. <shrug>

--willo
#62 of 69 Old 11-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
but i completely hate suprises of any kind because they aren't suprises if you know you are getting a suprise. i have to have things now. haha.
my dd1 couldn't agree with your more. she can't even stand christmas presents because she knows they are coming. i'm also not a surprise girl and wish i could know the gender already.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#63 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 02:31 AM

there is a link to the chinese gender prediction chart on the mothering.com home page at the bottom left corner. how do you find out your lunar age?
#64 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoLevin View Post
Be aware that, for the Chinese gender chart to be accurate, you need to find one that converts your age/conception date to the LUNAR calendar upon which the data is supposedly based!

Not sure it works, but it was correct for DS (with lunar dates), and it says girl this time, and I kind of feel like this is a girl. (Though I really HOPE for a girl, so I may be messing with my own head!)

With DS, I hoped for a girl but was pretty sure he was a boy. <shrug>

--willo
I don't think I have ever come across one that states it goes by the Lunar calendar. The chart in one of the previous posts says that I am having a boy and it says that for DD too!
#65 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 03:02 PM

i really want another girl and I charting the months before we ttc to see which day i usually ovulate to see if we could plan for a girl, and i always ovluated the same day during those months. So we did it all byt the book for a girl and i ovulated 3 days early! never happened before so my plan to stop 3 days before and hope for a girl was a bit messed up. So now i guess it is just wait and see, will wait for the birth- i love that surprise after all the work more than anything else.

No feeling myself what it is but dd changes her mind daily so so much for a child intuition
#66 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 03:17 PM

don't know how much longer before this weekly thread is replaced by another, but for the curious, I was able to calculate lunar age on date of conception at:
http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/CAge2.htm

interesting that if you are between 30-35 and conceived in september or october it's all girls!
#67 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
this chart is pretty simple and doesn't seem to have any popups. Their poll puts it at about 66% correct... remember it's your age at conception (I had a birthday right after).

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html
I tried that one and it says I'm having a boy, then I tried this one:
http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/...tion-chart.htm
and it says girl. This one also says boy for DS, while the other one says DS should have been a girl.

Why are some chinese gender charts different than others?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#68 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Hey all, finally a chance to check in! I am still fighting the nausea... just when I thought it was better, I threw up at my parents' house today. Embarassing! I can't believe how much I'm throwing up. I never really did with DS so this is strange.

Definately starting to show, too. I was asked yesterday when I was due. I'm only 10 1/2 weeks so it made me a little self concious.

As far as gender goes... with DS we did Shettles (sort of) so we BD'ed on ovulation day, and he's obviously a boy. This time we also BD'ed on ovulation day, so for that reason, I lean toward boy. But I guess it's a 50/50 chance no matter how ya slice it!
#69 of 69 Old 11-19-2006, 10:55 PM

Shell Ell, I know what you mean about feeling self-conscious. I starting showing around the same time and my colleagues and students were congratulating me before DH and I had told anyone! We heard the heartbeat (!!!!!) last Thursday, so now I finally feel comfortable going public.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page