Too tired... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry I haven't been around ...I've been soooooo tired and starting to feel depressed. Anyone else feeling this way?
#2 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are so tired and depressed.

The fatigue is pretty normal, but I hope you won't mind my encouraging you to talk to your doctor/midwife about the depression. You don't have to suffer--and you shouldn't suffer!--when there are many, many resources available to help you. Easing your depression will help your baby, too.

If you don't have the energy to talk to a healthcare provider, perhaps your partner can make some calls/appointments on your behalf?

Acupuncture can help tremendously with balancing hormones/emotions during pregnancy. Some practitioners won't see pregnant women until after 12 weeks; others will see you from the beginning--just be sure to tell her/him you are pregnant.

--willo
#3 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 12:58 PM

Hey mommy77 I'm super tired too and trying to keep my head up! Dp is opening a gym and is working ALLL THE TIME!!! (12 hours today) and tomorrow they close (they are still in the process of buying the gym)... we only have one car so I'm starting to feel VERY lonely and a bt stir crazy being in the house with no one but a two year old to talk to all day.

lol I'd recomend excercising, it really does help boost your mood but it's hard when you're so tired! things will get better... and hey, you can always vent away on here!

Feel better and share what your feeling with some one, dh, dr, family or here!
#4 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Pregnancy hormones can be a real doozy, can't they? Have you ever experienced depression before? If so, what helped you to move past it? The same things might work now.

I'd also encourage you to talk to your care provider. There are lots of things you can try to help lift yourself out fo the funk, and your care provider can point you in the direction of those that might be of most help to you now.

Good luck and !
#5 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great, Mommy77. I'm with you on the fatigue and while it's been a struggle to keep up with my usual activity level I remind myself that it's normal. I agree with the PP who suggested some exercise. Even a non-strenuous bit of fresh air helps revive me. Good luck and ask for help if you're really struggling with feeling down. xo
#6 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 06:46 PM

I am feeling the same way, it is so strange because I was so happy while pregnant with ds, but I have really lost my gusto to care right now. Not that I am ignoring my responsibilities like ds, but it is making it really hard. I really understand what your talking about, I am looking forward from moving out of the 1st-ish trimester!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#7 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM

I am more moody with this second pregnancy than I was with my first. With my first, it was like I was taking happy pills the entire time. This time, I'm tired, nauseous, grumpier than normal and feel more like I've got constant pms. I think for me it has something to with the time of year too. We've had our fist week of freezing rain and snow (gotta love Saskatchewan) making driving to the city difficult (we live about 20 minutes out). And we are just getting over being sick too, so we haven't been out a lot in the last 2 weeks. It seems the less I do the less I feel like doing. Please, mommy77, don't be afraid to seek help. I know the impression is that when you are pregnant your supposed to be over the moon with happiness, but sometimes the hormones have other ideas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page