Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Madame Zaritska's reading:

http://sheknows.com/about/look/736.htm

This is mine...
The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have green eyes and some blond hair.

This made me smile....cause I think we are having a boy...and so does my DH....but hey! 3 hours on a firstborn? Sounds awesome to me!! Blond hair would be weird though.

What's yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 PM

Here's mine

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 8 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and dark hair.

my first only lasted 5 hours and weighed in at 6lbs 11oz ::giggles:: I will cry if labor takes me 8 hours.... well, I guess 8 hours isn't that bad but doesn't the second one come quicker?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I always heard!!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Here's mine!

The day you deliver, outside will be blustery. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 2 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have hazel eyes and a lot of hair.

Two hour labor! Cool!

Actually it's kind of wierd. My own prediction is that our baby will weigh between 7 lbs 4 oz, and 7 lbs 8 oz. I'm convinced the baby will come during daylight hours, and my mother dreamed that we had a girl with lots of dark hair. Guess we'll find out sooner or later!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be overcast. Your baby will arrive at night.

After a labor lasting approximately 21 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and some very fine hair.

Hmm...a bit bigger than my daughter, same eyes and hair. Great! 21 hours though!!!!! DDs was a 10 hour induced (water broke) labor. Maybe because I won't have to be induced this time? Let's just hope mine is WAAAAY off target. haha.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 PM

Here's mine . . .

The day you deliver, outside will be windy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 7 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 10 pounds, 6 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and be almost bald.

The weight will probably be accurate - DH was 10 lb 11 oz, his dad and mom were both big, as were my brothers (though I was only 7lbs . . . .)

C

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 PM

This game wasn't very fun for me -- it told me that my baby was going to weigh 11 and a half pounds!!!!!

:
Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 AM

It told me my labor was going to be 19 hours! My labor with my son wasn't even close to that long. I changed some things around and ended up with a nice 6 hour labor, but my baby went from 6 lbs to 8 lbs

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 01-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Banned

The day you deliver, outside will be overcast. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 9 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have green eyes and some blond hair.

But there is more. Although you may feel tired, your pregnancy will be over before you are truly ready to let go of having this precious baby you have all to yourself. I sense that you will look back and long for these days. I suggest doing something now to preserve some memories of this time. Many women enjoy making a belly cast. Perhaps you would be interested, too.

Well, I don't know so much about this prediction. LOL

All of my babies have been born in the morning.

My husband and I have dark features--almost black hair, dark brown eyes, like almost mediterranian coloring.

The baby *is* a girl, so she got that right, and I'm guessing she'll be somewhere in the high 7s as far as weight goes.

But all of my labors--from start to finish--were less than 2 hours long, so I'm not too sure how accurate that 9 hour labor is going to be.

I *do* want to make a belly cast, though.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:24 AM

The day you deliver, outside will be slightly overcast. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 6 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and be almost bald.

Well, 3 hours sounds a little short to me, but I'll take it! 6lbs6oz seems a little low, as DD was 7lbs 7oz, but the length, hair color and (lack of) hair all sound right. And DH is pretty convinced this is a boy.

Thanks for reminding me of this - I always get a giggle out of these things.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM

I like mine. LOL! I'll take a 4 hour labor.

The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

But there is more. It is perfectly healthy and normal to want to look good, even during these interesting months! I sense you feel a little reluctant. Well, you're not being silly or shallow -- you're taking care of yourself. And I am happy that you are. Here is some fashionable advice for you to peruse at this special time.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:53 AM

hehehe those are funny! here's mine:

The day you deliver, outside will be foggy. Your baby will arrive in the morning.

After a labor lasting approximately 16 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have hazel eyes and be completely bald.

But there is more. Although you may feel tired, your pregnancy will be over before you are truly ready to let go of having this precious baby you have all to yourself. I sense that you will look back and long for these days. I suggest doing something now to preserve some memories of this time. Many women enjoy making a belly cast. Perhaps you would be interested, too.

~*~ Hannah ~*~
Old 01-06-2007, 12:16 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 22 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 13 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

But there is more. I sense that you are in need of distraction. Some enjoyment. Have you thought about belly painting? Take a look.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:27 PM

What she senses for you
The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive at night.

After a labor lasting approximately 7 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 22 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and some blond hair.

But there is more. I sense that you have thought about labor in the water. You ask yourself, "Why do women find it helpful?" I think you should look to find out more.

Hmm...I'm fine with the 7 hour thing, but I'm a small girl, pushing 9 pounds isn't a great thought. It was right about the boy thing though...
Old 01-06-2007, 02:58 PM

What she senses for you
The day you deliver, outside will be rainy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 5 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have green eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

But there is more. I sense that you feel somewhat alone. Have faith; you are not alone.

I like the 5 hour labor, but I'm pretty sure this is a boy. I have more boy dreams and see "boy" everywhere. I've never had a girl dream. I'm not really feeling alone either with all of you to keep me company!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
Old 01-06-2007, 05:20 PM

LOL!!!

Okay, I'll take the 8 hour prediction over my last 31 hour labor any day... but I'm just not buying the 6 lb baby (yikes- that seems TINY!). My girl was 8lbs 3 oz, and isn't your first baby typically your smallest?? :

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:57 AM

Here's mine . . .

The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in wee hours of the morning .

After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The day you deliver, outside will be overcast. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 9 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have green eyes and be completely bald.
9 hours? My first labor lasted 32+ and ended in a c/s so I will dance a dance of eternal joy if labor only runs for 9 hours this time round! My birth dream was for a labor lasting about 24 hours and I thought that sounded wonderful, so maybe I need to get even more "greedy" with my visualization?

We'll be learning the babe's sex tomorrow (assuming cooperation on the part of said babe) so we'll see how that one turns out...she has a 50/50 chance of being right! I'm totally up in the air with no sense one way or the other. but my mom is convinced it's a girl and my grandmother is convinced it's a boy. It's actually caused a bit of a family feud.

DD was 9 lbs 5oz at birth and 21 inches long, and my personal visualization is for an 8lb 4 oz babe (don't know where those numbers came form btw). So 7lbs 12oz seems a little light but the length is spot on. But again, I wouldn't complain! Though none of the babes in my extended family have been less than 9lbs, and most are at or above 10lbs.

Green eyes...I would have killed for green eyes as a kid! I'm Brown/Brown (Black Irish & Northern Italian), DH is Brown/Brown (Irish & Sicilian), and DD is Blond/Blue. So beware all you mamas above... stranger things have happened! One of DH's Sicilian uncles actually has blue eyes too. It's pretty funny what little bits and pieces of DNA are floating around in there.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 01-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
9 hours? My first labor lasted 32+ and ended in a c/s so I will dance a dance of eternal joy if labor only runs for 9 hours this time round! My birth dream was for a labor lasting about 24 hours and I thought that sounded wonderful, so maybe I need to get even more "greedy" with my visualization?
Of course YMMV, but my first labor was 72 hours of contractions 5 minutes apart or less. My second was only 8 hours from the time my water broke and less than 4 hours from the first, mild contraction to baby out. So you never know. I visualized my labor frequently the second time around. I'm not sure if it helped, but my labor was an awful lot like what I had been visualizing so it certainly didn't hurt.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Here's mine
The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 9 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

But there is more. It is perfectly healthy and normal to want to look good, even during these interesting months! I sense you feel a little reluctant. Well, you're not being silly or shallow -- you're taking care of yourself

I'm so not buying this because #1 was 3 1/2 hours of labor - not counting the 17 hours of induction that didn't take, and #2 was 1 1/2 hours of labor. #1 was born at 6:18 pm because of the induction, and #2 was born at 2:30 AM. #1 born at 36 weeks was 18 inches long, but #2 was 22 1/2 inches long! Both were born with goodly amounts of black hair. If I have a 9 hour labor I'll be really surprised. Women in my family usually go really fast. 2 hours or less is common. As for the wanting to look good and feeling reluctant, she obviously hasn't seen my bill at Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy!
It was fun anyway!

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
Old 01-12-2007, 07:22 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be breezy. Your baby will arrive at night.

After a labor lasting approximately 9 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and be almost bald.

But there is more. I sense that you have thought about labor in the water. You ask yourself, "Why do women find it helpful?" I think you should look here to find out more.

Well, we are hoping for a girl (u/s is in 2 weeks), my last labor was only about 7 hours so I hope this one isn't longer. All of my babies have been 8 lbs 2 ozs-8 lbs 4 ozs. and 20.5-22 inchs long. All of our kids had dark blue eyes and both girls had a head full of dark brown almost black hair. I am interested in a water birth but there are no birth centers here and our hospital doesn't offer it.
Amy
Old 01-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Well, I can already predict that it's wrong My dh is Asian, so our kids have black eyes, not hazel, and I'm having a scheduled c-section - so no long labour for me! Plus, my other 2 labours were really short

What she senses for you
The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 15 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 4 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have hazel eyes and a lot of hair.

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
my first only lasted 5 hours and weighed in at 6lbs 11oz ::giggles:: I will cry if labor takes me 8 hours.... well, I guess 8 hours isn't that bad but doesn't the second one come quicker?
Mine didn't. The first was 3 hours and the second was 26 hours. They couldn't have been more different. At least I have no expectations with #3.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 AM

"The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in the evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 23 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 14 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a lot of hair."

Ok, so I'm going to cut 3 hours off my last and have another boy. No shocker there. As for the weight, my last one was 10 lbs so unless this one comes early, that ain't gonna happen. I guarantee my baby will not have brown eyes. The whole family has blue eyes. It's a Scandinavian/Celtic thing.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_nature View Post
Mine didn't. The first was 3 hours and the second was 26 hours. They couldn't have been more different. At least I have no expectations with #3.
OH DEAR GOD!!!! Way to scare me!!!!!! jk
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Here is a blast from the past....

Mommas who have had their babies....how did your prediction measure up??
Old 06-11-2007, 11:55 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in wee hours of the morning .

After a labor lasting approximately 2 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and some very fine hair.

Oooooh! A 2 hour labor? Nice! Yes, we know we're having a girl, and our first daughter has big blue eyes, so I think this one might, too.

Wish something could tell me when this darling babe would come!!!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:30 AM

So, here's mine -

he day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 19 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and some very fine hair.

DD's labor was 2 1/2 hours from first contraction to placenta, and would probably have been faster if I hadn't stopped myself from pushing to wait for the mw. It was super intense, so I have been hoping for a longer labor. But I don't know about 19 hours...

, , , and
Old 06-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Wow, this could be right. I guess we'll see. Pretty sure the eyes won't be brown though.

The day you deliver, outside will be hot. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 24 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and some very fine hair.

User Tag List