Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corri View Post

What is pregnancy tea?
My friend gave me pregnancy tea--it has raspberry leaf and other soothing herbs in it. It tastes good, but I prefer good old organic chamomile. Tastes like liquid honey.

But of course my baby seems to like chocolate as she gets all excited every time I eat it (which, ahem, is a lot). Like mother like daughter! hehehe
#32 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Whitewax, so sorry you are going through these : times right now. I don't think any women should "put up" with those actions from any man, honestly what right does he have to take you home and make you change clothes? I am sorry, I take these things very seriously, please stand up for yourself and realize that you are a beautiful women who deserves beautiful treatment. I am sorry to be so straight forward, it just breaks my heart to hear this. I also agree that counseling is a good idea, even if you are the only one who goes. Hang in there, don't blow it off, as a pp said these type of things don't get better with time! I truely say all this out of love to a fellow beautiful pregnant mama due in June

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#33 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 05:34 PM

WhiteWax--I, too, hope you can learn to take better care of yourself. You can never make your DP change, but you can learn to love yourself without reservation, and you deserve to do so. Consider taking the counselling on your own. It can't hurt. It might help--a lot.

In other news, I had my u/s today. Baby clearly heard my warnings that photos were due, because s/he covered it all up. I get another surprise this time.

Wombat--I love the advice from your OB, although, of course, you'll need to find your own way of getting earthy. (She does sound like a nut.) I think I am usually a very "in my head" person, but I certainly found my way into my body very effectively for DS's birth. I think that's why I've had all these urges to travel and get away lately. I think I'm trying to fight for my OWN space again, which is much harder for me with DS to care for.

--willo
#34 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 05:59 PM

white wax- your dp might have some good qualities- he must- but somehow he missed out on a very important lesson in life- RESPECT. But it also sounds like you missed out on the value of SELF-RESPECT. so nobody is respecting you in your relationship. Your husband suggested/told you to go home and change, but you were the one who drove home and changed!! i think counseling for YOU would be a great place to start. sometimes with a disrespectful/difficult partner, it's easy to complain about them and feel wounded/the victim, but it takes two to tango, and there are changes/tools/ a different level of awareness that counseling can give you to create a different reality for yourself!
i know you are moving, but it's just a couple of phone calls to set up an appointment and have something positive to look forward to. also, the book "Nonviolent Communication" is great...helped me a LOT, with my kids too.

in other news, we're all good.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#35 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
She mimed giving birth complete with loud orgasmic cries

my birth instructor with my first pregnancy did that. very loud, and alot of howling! I am pretty introverted and semi-loud when I am enjoying sex ,
but I was a little worried that I was going to have to become this wild crazed howling slut in order to have a successful birth. I was in the "zone" and am not sure exactly what noises I was making, but I don't think they were orgasmic cries!!

Well, its official. I can no longer sit straight up by myself. I have to roll completely on my side and push up with my hands! I am so much bigger this time around. Will I be even bigger at 20 weeks with subsequent pregnancies?
by #5 will I look fully pregnant at week 10?

not looking forward to the waddle walk...

Narnia, mother of Anorien (10/03) and Ford (5/07)
#36 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnoriensMom View Post
my birth instructor with my first pregnancy did that. very loud, and alot of howling! I am pretty introverted and semi-loud when I am enjoying sex ,
but I was a little worried that I was going to have to become this wild crazed howling slut in order to have a successful birth. I was in the "zone" and am not sure exactly what noises I was making, but I don't think they were orgasmic cries!!
I'm with you on this. I think it is important to ALLOW yourself to make whatever noise will help, but equally important to follow your own body and do what helps YOU, not your midwife, doula, mother, best friend, or the official birth howl of motheringdotcommune.

I happily kept my own chosen birthing gown on during the birth, though many others feel most comfortable naked. I know I cursed, but I don't think I screamed. I also said weird little jokes that I have with my husband ("monkey monkey"), but you can get away with almost anything in labor. I got really mad when other people tried to count, because I count to myself as a stress-reliever.

--willo
#37 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 PM

I know for a fact I was VERY looud when laboring with dd...I didn't realize it till later when someone mentioned they could hear me in the sitting area. Which was one room door, one hallway, two double crash doors, and a second hallway away from the birthing tub I was in!

I did labor for 32 hours (drug free for most of that) with dd before the c/s and my OB knows this...but I never got to push. So the goal of the various exercises is to encourage "opening" vocally, vaginally, and emotionally.

VBAC mamas often "live in their heads" in terms of pregnancy, labor, delivery. We often have to fight the medical establishment (AND the natural birth community in many cases if a mama wants to VBAC with a single layer suture), we're labeled high risk, many birth centers and midwives wont take VBAC mamas (though of course many will!), we're given the "dead baby" speech and the "your uterus will rip open" speech a lot, etc. So a lot of VBAC mamas research all the time...statistics and numbers and chances of rupture...new studies on suture types, scar massage, the importance of this or that labor support technique on vbac success.

And there's always the fear that something will change...the only VBAC provider suddenly decides that "if you go past 40 weeks we operate". Or the only local hopsital to offer VBAC decides they're no longer offering the service and you'll need to drive 3-4 hours to another hospital. Or the local birth center can no longer take VBAC mamas due to insurance issues. Or your homebirth midwife has a bad delivery and asks you to reconsider your HBAC plans. And of course in the back of your head is the fact that you DIDN'T manage to give birth last time. And maybe c/s was the only way it could have happened, but maybe not, and now you're stuck dealing with the very real "what if" questions that every mama faces...only this time you have personal experience of what can happen.

It's a real emotional and psychological minefield and many VBAC mamas psych themselves right out of the game...one reason working through a previous c/s can be such a big help, and why communities like the VBAC support forum here at mdc are so crucial.

I think my OB is right on in her assessment and while her "Rx" is a bit funny (I'll have to add it to babymort's baby box!) I know what she's trying to get at!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#38 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks every one...

I love "Fake it till you make it"
and mataji4 thanks for pointing out the huge part that I can do in this to help things out!

I just got my mediciad all straightened out so I will make that phone call to see who I or we can see on Monday!

Thanks mamas, you all are so sweet and helpful!
#39 of 47 Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Good luck WhiteWax--we're all rootin' for ya

Ok, so on the topic of nesting... It just occurred to me that perhaps my urge to go buy stuff is a nesting instinct. Actually, it must be. I went to Target and bought curtains and rods for the dining room yesterday and spent about $150. I didn't think I was nesting because I wasn't doing baby-related spending, but I guess this counts, huh? Looks like I need to pick a long-term project, like a quilt or something, before DH takes away my AmEx and I find myself in big trouble...
#40 of 47 Old 01-20-2007, 12:19 AM

If you sew, Marvel, how about a mai tei for yourself? I just made one for a frind who's due in March from Jan Andrea's fantastic patterns - http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html.

She's got instructions for making a sling, but that wouldn't eat as much of your time. Actually, the mai tei only took about an hour and a half over two days; I was really impressed.
#41 of 47 Old 01-20-2007, 03:51 PM

Hi everyone
plans for our move to the UK have been taking all my time so i am trying to catch up with you all now
Still struggling with m/s although it is a bit better.
Anyone got the energy you are supposed to have in the 2nd trimester? Or is is just a rumour?
to all who need it
#42 of 47 Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Sally.. I was starting to wonder about you! I'm tired too!!! HA HA no energy here...

Well every one tonight is the last night in my house adn before DP tears down the computer stand and takes apart the computer I begged him to let me write a little "good bye" for a few!!! I wont have my internet back up untill Thursday some time so tootles for a bit!

To all you Mamas having u/s's this coming week best of luck and I hope you are able to see healthy baby and some tell tale signs of your baby's gender (if you're looking!)

Miss you!!!! and Zion please keep me posted about the nursing necklaces incase I miss a thread.. I sent you an email so hopefully we are all squared away there!!!

Tootles Mamas!
#43 of 47 Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corri View Post
If you sew, Marvel, how about a mai tei for yourself? I just made one for a frind who's due in March from Jan Andrea's fantastic patterns - http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html.

She's got instructions for making a sling, but that wouldn't eat as much of your time. Actually, the mai tei only took about an hour and a half over two days; I was really impressed.
I do sew, and what a great idea! Thanks!
#44 of 47 Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Nevermind. Vented. Feel better.

Ahhhh. LOL!
#45 of 47 Old 01-23-2007, 10:52 PM

I just have to brag for a minute. I'm so proud and thankful to my mom, who sent us this lovely quilt and pillow sham for the baby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cari_pics/367517160/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cari_pics/367517157/

the ducks KILL me they're so cute.
#46 of 47 Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 PM

Adorable!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#47 of 47 Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 AM

That is beautiful!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page