*~ Weekly Thread January 24-30 ~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm new and happy to be joining all of you! The nesting has hit in a few different ways. I'm inspired to rearrange the apartment to make more room for baby, but DH and I also keep thinking about buying (instead of renting), trying to find the "perfect" home for our new little one. I think we'll stay in this place for a while though, to keep things more peaceful.

Last week I had a few miserable days of stomach flu and I'm glad to be over that now. Today was our u/s and it was so wonderful to see that everything seems to be in the right place and we're having a girl!
#32 of 50 Old 01-26-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity View Post
I'm new and happy to be joining all of you! The nesting has hit in a few different ways. I'm inspired to rearrange the apartment to make more room for baby, but DH and I also keep thinking about buying (instead of renting), trying to find the "perfect" home for our new little one. I think we'll stay in this place for a while though, to keep things more peaceful.

Last week I had a few miserable days of stomach flu and I'm glad to be over that now. Today was our u/s and it was so wonderful to see that everything seems to be in the right place and we're having a girl!
Welcome Charity!

Glad you are over the stomach flu:

Congratulations!!!
#33 of 50 Old 01-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Well, I had my 20 week u/s yesterday. Everything looked good. We saw 10 little fingers and 10 little toes, a healthy-looking, 4-chamber heart, the stomach, kidneys, all the little parts in the right places, plus three little white lines that tell us we'll be having our third girl!! I walked out of the u/s room, actually I floated out, on cloud 9. I was so, so happy that everything looked good and excited about adding a third girl to our family. This is our last pg though, and today I'm feeling a little sad that we'll almost surely never have a boy. I know I'd feel the same way if we were having a boy and I'd never have another girl, but still I feel sort of guilty for feeling anything other than sheer happiness. Also, it feels so weird to actually know. Both of my girls were "shy" and we couldn't find out with either at the first u/s, so I didn't really have high hopes about finding out this time. We got a couple very clear shots though, so I'm pretty sure it is. I'm still having trouble trusting an u/s enough to tell people "it's a girl", but I do think I believe it enough to go buy some more pink. Thanks for listening.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#34 of 50 Old 01-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Congradulations mamatokay on the little girl! I hope my luck is a good as yours, I REAaaaaaaaLY hope we're having a girl, we won't find out until birth though, but as far as all the little girls popping up on this forum I am thinking my chances are pretty good

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#35 of 50 Old 01-27-2007, 07:17 PM

MomtoKay: Congratulations on seeing a healthy baby girls!

Charity: Welcome to the DDC! Congrats on your little girl, too - it seems like a bunch of us are boing to be buying some pink around here!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#36 of 50 Old 01-28-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay View Post
Well, I had my 20 week u/s yesterday. Everything looked good. We saw 10 little fingers and 10 little toes, a healthy-looking, 4-chamber heart, the stomach, kidneys, all the little parts in the right places, plus three little white lines that tell us we'll be having our third girl!! I walked out of the u/s room, actually I floated out, on cloud 9. .

Congratulations Momtokay!!!!
#37 of 50 Old 01-28-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl View Post
Charity: Welcome to the DDC! Congrats on your little girl, too - it seems like a bunch of us are boing to be buying some pink around here!
Thanks! The first thing I did after the u/s was buy a little pink sunhat.
#38 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM

DH has decided that he wants to have a "cultured" baby, so he took me on a hot date to the ballet last week!! It didn't take long to figure out that the baby liked the 3rd act the best-I felt like there was a party going on in there! It was the most movement I'd ever felt. We decided the baby was trying out ballet for him/herself!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#39 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins0614 View Post
DH has decided that he wants to have a "cultured" baby, so he took me on a hot date to the ballet last week!! It didn't take long to figure out that the baby liked the 3rd act the best-I felt like there was a party going on in there! It was the most movement I'd ever felt. We decided the baby was trying out ballet for him/herself!
When I was pg with DS, he always moved a ton during services at the synagogue. I could tell he really liked the chanting. As an infant, his favorite music was opera!

He still asks for opera sometimes when he wants some tunes. And, no, I'm not an opera buff. I discovered his enjoyment by playing all the different digital music channels from our cable box. He loved opera and classical, hated jazz and ska.

--willo
#40 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Congrats Mamatokay! Welcome to Charity!

And I'm with all of you who don't wanna have to bend over and it's been weeks (maybe more?) since I've been able to comfortably cross my legs.

These babes LOVE chanting, especially if I sing along. They don't seem to respond to ambient music much and could care less about the news. But opera, jazz, and especially blues (probably again because sometimes I sing along) are big favorites. They absolutely HATE meetings at work (I can't blame them!) and spend the time pressing hard on my bladder and stomach simultaneously. At 22 wks already my uterus measures several fingers above my navel. (geez!)

Hope everybody's feeling well and having a good week.
#41 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 05:06 PM

I've been wanting to start sewing again but dd is being high needs. I think it has something to do with a new baby coming. I still need to do a deep clean to the house too. Too much to do!
#42 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Took Dd to see Disney on Ice last night and the baby seemed to like all the music! Lots of rolling and kicking, I enjoyed it. Such a special time, isn't it.
#43 of 50 Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 PM

My midwife came over today,it was one of the nicest visits we've had. My uterus is measuring perfectly and the babe is doing well. We talked about rhogam since i am rh-. I am planning to just do the after birth shot, if the baby is poisitve rh. Now if I could just get rid of this yeast! erg. : I bought some more expensive acidophilus, and I'm planning to take it religously. Hope everyone has a lovely week. take care, melissa

Holistic Moms Network Monterey Chapter, co-leader!
Mama to oneboy 6/20/07 and due Mid-August
#44 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 AM

ok I'm back and getting settled in... seems like there were a TON of posts in the week I was gone and I'm still trying to play catch up!

We're all moved in to our new place but there are still a few things left at the old apartment that DP PROMISED he would get tomorrow. Namely and MOST importantly my Harp is still there because it takes two people to move it and since I really cant help carry it down the stairs pregnant I asked the guys to wait (didn't really trust them to move it). So fingers crossed dp will get a reliable friend and it will fit in our hatchback if the seats get put down.

Other than that I'm surrounded by boxes!!!! I started back to work (wokring from home a few nights a week) and I must say I'm enjoying having a little extra income that is my own. Although I'm not relishing staying up later than usual!

My old boss (who had fired me 4 months ago) called out of the blue and was crying and crying and apologizing for firing me. It turned out that some other woman had told her that I was building a buisness of my own with all the information she had taught me. My boss thought it was me stabbing her in the back when really it some other cold hearted woman out to ruin me. Isn't that insane! My boss begged me to come back to work for her and I'm considering it, which would be really nice too. I'm in a much different situation now and working for her again would be alot easier than it was before so thats exciting.

For those of you who remember how much trouble I was having with DP (I'm the one who he wanted me to go home and change my outfit that one night) well he has been SUPER stressed from work but has still managed to be SUPER sweet and thoughtful to me!!!! Opening my car door, making sure to walk with me when it's icey, calling my mid day to "check in" and make sure I'm feeling ok. It's been really nice to have a "nice" guy back so I'm trying to be extra nice to him too!!!

Still nothing on the name side of things.... I love "Imogene" and people look at me like I want to name my child "Baby Hitler"... oh well we'll come up with something.
#45 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 06:34 PM

melly,
i had chronic yeast nastiness for years off and on, but always bad in pregnancy. THEN...i went to an acupuncturist who specializes in women's care, and i was CURED!! i don't think it was the treatment as much as the specialized herb formula she gave me that did it. that was right before i got pregnant this time, and i have had NO hint of the itchies since then, which i consider a real miracle!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#46 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM

mataji4, Do you know what's in the formula? I'm pretty yeast free now (I think largely due to massive probiotic use and a homeopathic gel I bought on a whim at the drugstore) but have had fabulous success with acupuncture for migraines.
#47 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
Opening my car door, making sure to walk with me when it's icey, calling my mid day to "check in" and make sure I'm feeling ok. It's been really nice to have a "nice" guy back so I'm trying to be extra nice to him too!!!
That's great to hear, WhiteWax! I was wondering how things were going with you! I hope that this trend continues

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#48 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 PM

Since the topic of yeast infections came up...I have an odd coincidence!

I was reading an old copy of Midwifery Today (2002) and found an article of GBS. The citation is "FACING THE CHALLENGE OF GROUP B STREP"
Murry, Kathy. Midwifery Today with International Midwife. Eugene: Autumn 2002., Iss. 63; pg. 38

Anyway, since another thread here at mdc was talking about GBS I read the article. Very technical, very "midwife", but the one thing that stood out is that GBS infections during pregnancy can mimic yeast infections (the "clue" being the infection either does not respond to the yeast infection treatment, or comes back immediately after treatment stops).

The author give a number of alternative treatment options for GBS so I thought I'd share the article (though be warned...it is pretty medical, and not exactly soothing in terms of a frank discussion of risks associated with GBS).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#49 of 50 Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 PM

the formula is specific to each person and issue, and she formulates it at the appointment.

yes, i have found great success with chinese medicine. after a while trying homeopathy (yes, with REAL homeopaths), i was amazed to find something that worked on me!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#50 of 50 Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM

Thats really interesting about GBS wombat... I thought GBS was symptomless. I had it with DD but showed no signs of anything that I recall.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page