*~ Weekly Thread Feb 3-9 ~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the same "ye gods I'm huge" moment when I see the photos from the end of my last pregnancy. I gained soooooo much weight. I haven't gained as much this time (yet) but I'm still doing a double take when I see myself these days.

You're right though...it's just a matter of telling myself that I'm more than halfway done and getting big is a good thing!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#32 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I am right there with you. I was really stressed over a few things last night, dh was consoling me when he said "if it's any consolation, you've popped out even more today"! Ummmmmmm.....not sure that was a consolation at the time, but I am sure he didn't mean it to hurt my feelings I actually like my cute pregnant belly, I will miss it when it is gone as this is (God willing) my last pregnancy!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#33 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I've been having a few of those moments lately. For some reason I still consider myself "newly pregnant" and not almost 6 mos pregnant. I keep thinking I have so much longer to go. Then I see myself walk by a mirror and think "OH WOW, I'm really growing now!" I forget how big I really am.
I've been having this same reaction!!! I don't think about how far along I am, so then when I see myself I am amazed at how big I am! DH thinks it's cute though! I cannot believe how fast things are going right now. I keep thinking of all the things I need to do to get ready-but that's as far as I get! Then I go do the things that don't really need to be done-like reorganizing the linen closet!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#34 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM

More than feeling big, I'm feeling HEAVY--like I've been lugging a backpack full of books around all day. I'm doing my best to stay physical so this feeling doesn't increase with the baby weight.
#35 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM

I've never posted on these weekly threads before, how exciting everyones' lives sound. I found out today I'm having another little girl! Yay! Plus, I'm super-happy because I just picked up a HUGE box of dipes at the post office this morning. I got one momma's entire collection of dipes that she had for sale on the TP. She said if it all went together she would let it go for a really inexpensive price. I've been using prefolds and a random hodge podge of dipes on my dd since she was born, but these are all fbs! I can finally afford to get something I've really wanted, yippee!

Now, I've covered the happy stuff... now on to the not-so-happy stuff. Gained 9 lbs at my appt today, which I know is too much for me because I've been eating horribly. I'm also worried a bit about the effects of stress on the baby. Lately one of my foster kids is acting up and I feel like she's constantly screaming and having fits. I'm on constant watch because she's doing things we had gotten her to stop doing a while ago (totally normal 2 yr old stuff but annoying nonetheless). She cries at the drop of a hat, literally at EVERYTHING. My stress level is just a lot higher than normal.

Well, aside from those few bad things I feel great!

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#36 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Congrats on the baby girl and the dipe score adpecaut! I hope your fosterling smooths out soon too...

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#37 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 PM

: : : : : : Horray on the girl apecaut!!!
#38 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 PM

#39 of 48 Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM

vannienicole - oh my goodness! Big hugs, health, healing, and hope to you and yours! What a torrential downpour of...well...everything. I hope it smooths out soon.

So...I bit the bullet and sent out emails to several local doulas. I've been avoiding contacting doulas, despite the fact that I am a doula myself, since I had such a bad experience last time. (long story extremely short- my doula was unprepared for a long/difficult labor and as a result was less than supportive after the first few hours. When I eventually needed medical interventions and went to the hospital she was very upset with me, and when I eventually had a c/s she actually told me she couldn't be in the same room with me since a c/s violated her beliefs in natural birth. She had a different doula provide my post-birth visit since she wasn't comfortable helping a c/s mama. Needless to say, I'm not her biggest fan, though I honestly think she didn't "mean" to be unkind).

Anyway...I know how important a doula is for a VBAC mama, heck, any mama delivering in a hospital (no matter how supportive the hospital...and mine is bend over backwards mama/babe friendly) but I've been putting it off. but now, I've done it. Emails away (even though a short, ten sentence email took me literally an hour to write and send) to three doulas my care provider has suggested.

So now I just need to see if any still have openings! I live in a small town with a LOT of doulas, so I'm hoping the perfect one is waiting for me.

On the down-ish side (and to hop subjects a bit) I ordered the hypnobabies home study course and got the standard shipping option. Now I find out that it will take another week to get here, maybe longer! It's UPS ground (going from CA to NY) and with the winter weather in the middle of the country the arrival date keeps moving backwards. Argh! I want my serenity now!

#40 of 48 Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 AM

This week started out great, but went downhill real quick! I came down with the stomach flu Tues night, and threw up so bad that I did something weird to my nose and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Then my face turned purple from all the puking and I developed two black eyes. After twelve hours of sheer ickyness, we went to the doctor who said, "wow you look really bad, but I can't do anything for you, so go home and eat some banannas". I've eaten seven banannas since then, and am actually feeling better!

Ultrasound is on Friday, so I have something to look forward to!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#41 of 48 Old 02-08-2007, 05:48 PM

UUUUGHHGHHHHH... DD has been very weepy the last few days.... about anything and EVERYTHING that I tell her no about... or if the little einstiens isn't on.... or if she can't find (that means hasn't looked) for her blanket... or if i look at her cock eyed... I'm not sure whats going on other then she hasn't been napping.. she FINALLY concked out on the sofa today and I'm NOT moving her to a bed for fear of waking her up... just enjoying the quiet for right now!

Sorry a bunch of you mamas are sick and feeling crummy! But yeah for !
#42 of 48 Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 PM

white wax, didn't you just move?? it would be totally expected and normal to have some regressive behavior/neediness for up to several months after a move. it's more likely that the emotional reaction would be delayed.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#43 of 48 Old 02-08-2007, 09:39 PM

#44 of 48 Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklett View Post
This week started out great, but went downhill real quick! I came down with the stomach flu Tues night, and threw up so bad that I did something weird to my nose and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Then my face turned purple from all the puking and I developed two black eyes. After twelve hours of sheer ickyness, we went to the doctor who said, "wow you look really bad, but I can't do anything for you, so go home and eat some banannas". I've eaten seven banannas since then, and am actually feeling better!

Ultrasound is on Friday, so I have something to look forward to!
UGH! Poor baby! I feel for you and hope you are doing better. : Let us know how the ultrasound goes. Do you want to know the sex??
#45 of 48 Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 AM

Sparklett, good luck at your u/s--may you see what you want to see, and definitely a perfect little baby. I hope your tummy troubles are over.

My cold is just HAAANGING OOOON in my nose. My appetite and energy are okay again, but I am so stuffy, especially at night. I bought a new humidifier for our room (DS has one now) hoping that will help, but it needed its demineralization cartridge soaked for 24 hours before use, so I couldn't use it last night. Grr. I sure hope this cold doesn't try to morph into a sinus infection. I'm prone to those.

I haven't been able to reschedule my accupuncture appointment (that I missed due to my car's failure on Monday) because my s-i-l and nephew are here visiting. They wouldn't mind, but I'm trying to show them a good time as they've never been to Boston before! I may just give in to my stuffy head and abandon them for an hour and a half anyway.

My s-i-l and I just thought of a new idea for my remodeling plans that might save me thousands of dollars and be even better than my previous ideas, so I'm definitely glad she's here. The first contractor comes Wednesday to give us an estimate! (See how thrilled I am after dust starts flying...)

--willo
#46 of 48 Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 AM

Matiji4 and vannienicole those were two of my thoughts... the move and her getting sick. (growth spurt didn't even occur)

It was weird because she seemed to be doing so well with the move. No trouble with sleeping at night and only asked about the new house once or twice. But I was thinking it may be "move related". She tells me she doesn't want to go anywhere when I tell her it's time to go out and that she just wants to "stay here". She's happy to be out and doesn't ask to go home but leaving the house seems to be an issue.

Any one have any tips to put her mind at ease with the move? Especially with the big changes that will occur in (nearly)three months with having a little baby in the house?
#47 of 48 Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 AM

I still have freaking morning sickness. Came back the past few days.

And I've been craving donuts really badly. I wonder what my body needs that it's craving such crap?
#48 of 48 Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I still have freaking morning sickness. Came back the past few days.

And I've been craving donuts really badly. I wonder what my body needs that it's craving such crap?
Calories!

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. One thing: I often find that when I'm craving sweets, I'm really thirsty. Could you be slightly dehydrated?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page