Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No nasal congestion here, but I think I need to ramp up my fibre consumption again soon. [cough]

I managed to get some tickets to the ballet yesterday, so we're going tonight - an area touring company is doing "Merlin," and there was a fantastic writeup in the paper, so we're pretty excited. It's been way too long since we've been on an actual DATE-date, and we don't even have the excuse of a kid keeping us at home; we're just lazy! I'm really looking forward to going out; I even have some nice going-out clothes that still fit, as long as no-one gets hung up at me about even skirt hem lengths.
#33 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Tired here too. I have had trouble staying awake for the past two days.

We now have a cat-I think he adopted us. We're pretty sure one of our neighbors abandonded him when they moved out and he was hanging out by our place crying. He was very hungry and starved for attention, and I couldn't handle not feeding him. He's a beautiful animal-all white except for his tail which is orange stripes and orange markings on his face. He has beautiful orange eyes. Unfortunately, we can't seem to find a name for him. Any suggestions?

My car broke down last week too. : It spent 4 days at the shop. It hasn't needed any repairs in the last 3 1/2 years other than basic maintenance and I think we just made up for that. Grrrrrr. . .

But on the brighter side of life things are starting to warm up a bit-I think I may actually get to start planting a few things this weekend! We can only have a small container garden, but I can't wait to have a few fresh veggies! And flowers around the house-I can't wait for some color!!! Our grass turned green overnight-I kid you not. It was brown yesterday and when we got up this morning it was green-happens every year and it surprises me every time!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#34 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 PM

Yeah, it's sort of scary that "mid-may" counts as full term for some of us! 8 weeks seems sooooo much closer than two months, you know?

Of course, I was a 42+ week mama last time so I just laughed at the doctor and told them I'd see them in June...but still...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#35 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Somehow I keep overdoing it even though I don't think I'm doing ANYTHING. Yesterday I felt so... tight in my belly (no cramps, though) and back-achey that I was on the verge of calling the midwives. DH made me rest on the couch, and, lo and behold, I was just tired. But I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

I worked my three hour shift at the bookstore today. I was exhausted a little more than two hours in. Came home to find many of the kitchen remodel items I've ordered here, so that was fun. I'm so in love with the gorgeous colors of these tin ceiling panels! I'll have to restrain myself from using a crazy, vibrant color, I think.

I need to add more fiber to my diet like someone else mentioned. I've started using Benefiber as a supplement to my whole grains.

I'm still hungry but going through another "nothing sounds good except junk" phase. DH claims I made DS out of sirloin burgers and ice cream, but this poor baby is nothing but buttered bread!

--willo
#36 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 PM

Can't eat

Can't sleep

After a lovely lunch with ex the other day we concluded we are such good friends, we could really make this work if we both tried.

Ex went on date some night

Ex slept at her house last night (she's a single mom AND his employee)

I want to puke

I have screamed alot

Starting to withdraw

Dont know the last time I was on MDC

Looking for proper counseling for myself on monday

:

Hating life
#37 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Whitewax
#38 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 01:02 PM

WhiteWax--

I'm so sorry he is making this so hard for you.

I hope you can find someone really great to talk to. I think it can help a lot.

Please take care of yourself. Scream if you need to, cry if you need to, and try to find people other than your ex to turn to and lean upon. We're all here for you if you need us.

You may have been the best friends in the world, but, right now, he is focusing on pleasing HIMSELF. He can't be your best friend now. Maybe later--who knows? But please, please, please lean on some of us right now instead. I'm afraid he will just keep disappointing you and hurting you over and over again.

--willo
#39 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 PM

Oh, honey - you know how much I supported you trying to make this work, but I gotta say - WHAT A %$##*^%$!!!!! He is not being a good partner to you at all right now. I hopehopehope he can find some way to reverse his little cranio-rectal inversion and be the man he promised to be; in the meantime, take all the support you can get from other sources. You can be strong for you and your girls, and we can be strong for you, too.
#40 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Whitewax Let him go. He may say one thing but his actions are saying otherwise. Don't let him string you along. You don't deserve this. It sounds like you could benefit from keeping contact with him to a minimum until you are feeling better. I am so sorry he is putting you through this, you really don't deserve this. You are a sweet and caring mama. Take good care of yourself. We're here if you need us.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#41 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Whitewax,

As hard as it is, I'd listen to the ladies here and move past him. Actions really do speak louder than words and in your DP's case, those actions are very loud.

It's nice to see so many people having a smoother week now that spring is starting to roll around. Something about growing plants and greener grass can make all the difference.

Fun and excitement for me, we put in the wood floor in the baby room this weekend. It looks fantastic and I'm off the walls excited. I even got to help, although my father had been telling me no way for the weeks leading up to the project. A nailer with an air compressor and yes, even a pregnant landy can install flooring. I didn't get in their way long, but it's nice to be able to say that I helped.
#42 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 06:14 PM

I was so happy to see our first flowers (2 snowdrops) on Thursday, then several more bunches of crocus popped up Friday.

It is so much easier to get around (and get DS in and out of the car) with the snow almost completely melted.

Today I am using foam hole filler (caulk saver) filling in the large gaps our energy audit discovered under each of the family room's 6 windows. I also tried running beads of silicone caulk on some of the gaps between our paneling, but it is pretty stinky, and we just wanted to try it in one inconspicuous corner first to see how it looks.

I am so ACTIVATED to do home improvement projects, but simultaneously so clumsy, waddling, and ungainly. At least stuffing these cracks is a nice, peaceful project for me. I just have to sit on the floor and shift positions every few feet I get done.

--willo
#43 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Sunday is chores day around here - we're on the go all week and Saturday is our day of rest, so today was four loads of laundry, DH doing the dishes for 45 minutes, vacuuming, moving bedroom furniture around to make space for the little shelving unit for all the diapering gear, taking out the garbage and recycling, and now (finally!) we're sitting back for a bit.

DH is busy sacking treasure ships along the Spanish Main ("Sid Meier's Pirates!," his new favourite computer game), and I'm toying with the idea of getting more chips to snack on before the guys show up for our weekly D&D game. [whew] Only a few weekends left when our time is really our own, y'know?
#44 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 AM

WhiteWax, I know it's hard, but I agree with the other women who've posted to you - your ex is not able to be a partner, friend, or anything else useful to you right now. Is it possible that could change in the future, yes. But that's not important right now. Right now you need to find the support structure that you need to get through your current life situation.

My experience of this pales in comparison to yours, but after living with someone I loved for two years, he decided to attend grad school about 10 hours away. I started making plans for a job search in that area. He moved first, and within a month, he started saying things about not being sure that our relationship was worth the move for me, etc. I was heartbroken - he'd been my best friend for so long that I couldn't imagine losing that. So we kept in touch and stayed "friends" for the most demeaning, unhealthy five months of my life. He wasn't trying to be cruel, but the effect was devestating. I couldn't even begin to move past our romantic relationship under those circumstances. I didn't begin to heal until I told him I couldn't be his friend just then, no matter how much I wanted to, and that I'd get in touch when I could be a friend to him again. Then I stopped taking his phone calls, which is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I know you can't cut him out of your life - he's the father of your children. But try to get as much distance as you can for the time being. You need to have contact with him, but you don't have to be his friend right now. And definitely surround yourself with people and influences that give you hope and strength. Focus on making your life and your children's lives what you want them to be regardless of his role in them. He clearly can't give you what you want from him, so you need to focus on finding other ways to make yourself happy.

If it gives you any hope at all, six months after my breakup with the above mentioned partner, just when I had begun to accept that I could be happy even if he didn't come back to me, I was offered a dream job in another state and met my incredible husband. That breakup left me open to options that I could never have considered while in the relationship. I'm not an "everything happens for a reason" kind of gal, but often the silver lining of a painful change is that it creates new possibilities, some of which can be quite wonderful.

Sorry for the book. I've just been thinking of you a lot and hoping that good things come your way.
#45 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 04:54 AM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page