Weekly Thread March 19-25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sooooooo tired...

Holy cow. I've never been this tired in my life. I don't know how some of you mama's do it.

Going back to bed now...
#2 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Yeah . . . I've noticed my second trimester energy burst faaaaaaaaading.

I still have spurts of energy, and the drive to nest overrides my exhaustion at times (like today, when I *had* to go to Home Depot and get replacement covers for all of our air vents, since many of them were rusted . . . . d*mn nesting makes me weird! ) but overall, yeah. Lots more tired than before.

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#3 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Tired and bummed... again....

We just found out that the house i DESPERATLY wanted (two family) is already sold... before we even got to see it. So bummed... I could really use some GOOD news right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And was feeling a twinge of panic seeing ANOTHER weekly thread!!! this is just going too fast for me!
#4 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Sleepy is right. I'm usually fine until I stop. Unfortunately, lunch counts as stopping and then I'm done for.
#5 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Time is flying...I know that I'll probably go overdue again this time, but it's scary to think that my doctor basically said "8 weeks to go...we wont try to stop labor after 36 weeks". Somehow 8 weeks seems SO much sooner than saying "two months"

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#6 of 45 Old 03-19-2007, 06:09 PM

I am tired too, but I never did get that 2nd trimester energy burst {sigh},

I am a little stressed too, but I think it is because of these damn pregnancy hormones, we are also trying to move, but this area of CO is hard to find a decent place that is within our price range, they are gone as quickly as they are posted, so I am trying to figure out where I am supposed to nest, I guess I should just nest here and be happy if we find our "perfect place" before baby comes.

In other news spring is starting to peek out behind the mountains here, and I am as big as a house! I can't wait to see my little baby, I am getting all those warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about holding my Nb for the first time, I can't wait:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#7 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 06:56 AM

Whitewax, let me give you some hope: when we were looking for houses last year (or actually the year before that, but we moved in may), it started out with what seemed a "nice house", until we entered it. Let's say we pretty much stayed the tour for reasons of politeness, but no way Jose! Then we saw a house we thought pretty much *perfect*, it was HUGE, CHEAP, needed a lot of remodeling, but that worked out perfectly with the cheap. I called for a visit, and it was sold already.
Then the third try, we found this house. I'm so so so glad we didn't get the other one. This one is truely the house for us, and I'd be happy to be here for a long long long time.
So don't give up, this probably just fell through because there's something more perfect out there waiting for you!

I'm also starting to loose that energy burst. Some days I'm fine, others I think sitting down is a chore. I've also seem to have started another weight loss episode, which this time I really really really don't want. It's just weird how much this pregnancy seems to be asking of my body. And trust me, I've been really pigging out (if you consider what I've been able to stomach the last weeks that is), and not on healthy stuff either. Sigh.

In other not so good news, my dad is off for a CT-scan pretty much at this time; he'd had a flu during our vacation in Mexico, and didn't seem to get rid of the crud in his lungs. Hubby had been sick too, but is doing better. Anyway, my dad ordered himself a thorax x-ray and bloodwork yesterday (the benefit of being a doc), and stayed home (which if you know his workload/drive means he's really not feeling well, unexpected time off is almost impossible for him). He was right in suspecting something more serious, as he probably has a pulmonary embolism. I'm hanging out here and knitting like a foo to distract myself. If anyone can spare some good thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Hope everyone's having a good one today!
#8 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 AM

Reposted from last week's thread 'cause I'm a stooge and didn't notice the new one:

I'm already mourning my delicious strappy sandals that I probably won't get to wear this year at all. Three-inch narrow heels + newborn don't mix. I do have a few invoices out to clients that are due to be paid really soon, so I think it's time to go find myself some fun wedge-heel mary janes for the spring. I did splurge (as in, $40) and bought myself an adorable little backpack purse on the weekend; I'll be able to wear that and my baby girl at the same time, unlike my big short-strap over-the-arm bag from the fall.

The way some women are with shoes, I am with purses. Love 'em. I'd be the Imelda Marcos of purses if I was a rich as Bill Gates! As it is, $50 is usually my spending limit, and I try to wear the old one out before getting new. Honest! The one I just replaced was held together with duct tape on the inside.

And our house is just seething with unrestrained fertility nowadays; our guppies had babies! Eight of them! DH managed to get them into the nursery tank before they got sucked into the filter, but any litters after this one are on their own. Anyone want guppie fry?
#9 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Completely exhausted and stressed. Now I'm having sciatic pain and my hips hurt so bad. I may go see a chiro next week.
#10 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post

We just found out that the house i DESPERATLY wanted (two family) is already sold... before we even got to see it. So bummed... I could really use some GOOD news right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And was feeling a twinge of panic seeing ANOTHER weekly thread!!! this is just going too fast for me!
: You will find something even better!!!
#11 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 AM

I feel increasingly tired as well, but I am SICK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :
#12 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post

Same thing happened to DH and I. We were down to negotiating the last details with a seller (like, who had to get the carpets cleaned) when he completely lost his mind and the deal went south. Turns out, we love our current house WAAAAY more than the one that fell though. Hang in there -the right place will come along!

I'm firmly of the opinion that the only way to buy a house is to be completely fatalistic about the whole thing - otherwise, you'll just make yourself NUTS!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#13 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Cynthia. I hope your pop heals quickly. Being a physican and being able to order your own tests (not to mention knowing what to look for) certainly has it's advantages. Good thoughts coming your way

Whitewax~ I'm with all of the pp's who say to keep your chin-up on finding a house, that something better is sure to come along. I know it doesn't feel like right now though. Buying a home is extraordinarily stressfull. I think it's even more emotionally taxing than it is financially expensive. We have bought two homes (sold one because of an interstate move) in the past three years and both times we came across the "right one" after "settling" on a house only to have our offer rejected or it had already sold. The best advice I've been given regarding house-hunting is this: Walk into 15 houses (sounds like a lot, but it isn't) and the first house that you find that is better than the rest, buy it.

Good luck!
#14 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Mommamin: I'm sorry you are sick again. Being pregnant and sick is the worst! I hope you get well soon.

Whitewax: There must be a better house out there for you and that is why you didn't get the one you were hoping for. Things have a way of working out. The same thing happened to me when I was buying a house, and in the end it was for the best. I love the house I ended up in!

I'm also feeling the exhaustion. Every day around noon time it starts and it doesn't go away until I rest. I've been having to lay down every afternoon and let DS have some TV time. This morning DP let me sleep in and it was GREAT.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#15 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure if I'm sick or if it's pregnancy stuff. Is anyone else realllly stuffed up still? I'm sneezing a ton and I can't breathe all night long.

Other than that, it's odd... I don't have much to complain about yet. I've started feeling kicks in my ribs, and my hips were hurting pretty bad over the weekend from doing too much, but overall...

...I think I'm in denial that I'll be in the third tri (28 weeks) on Friday.

BTW, is anyone doing hypnobirthing? A friend of mine is burning the CDs so I can give it a shot. I am not good at following guided imagery or mediations, but I really want to try and keep my body relaxed during labor so I'm willing to check it out.
#16 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM

Home Depot kicked my butt yesterday, too! DS and I went to buy caulk and other insulating materials as a result of our absolutely surprising and well-worth-the-$250 energy audit. I also wanted to look at sinks in their kitchen displays to be sure I liked the size I thought I liked, and I wanted to look at tile for the new gas fireplace hearth, and we needed a few lightbulbs...

Anyway, I could barely WALK by the time we left that place. I just wore myself completely out. Amazing. Where has my energy gone?

I'm also getting tons of hip pain now. Time to see my chiropractor weekly until the birth. I'm not bending or moving in inappropriate ways--it's just that relaxin relaxing everything, I think.

Have got my estimates from the contractors. We still really like both of them. Very lucky, I think. Is it crazy that I'm leaning toward having each guy do part of the job? I feel like they have very different strengths, but I'm basing that so much on my gut instinct, and what the **** do I know about contractors?!?

--willo
#17 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM

Thanks guys!

I'm sorry I've been such a downer...

lol I was trying to think of something nice or positive to say (you know, "keep on the sunny side of life" and so forth)

Yesterday I set out to make about 5 important phone calls and got 4 of the done! And registered for my PIN number for Financial aid so I can start back to school this summer... Made a Dr's appointment, signed up for a labor prep class.... trying to make progress from bummed out Jamie into Super Pro-active Mom-a-soarus!!!! (where's the super dinosaur smiley? )
#18 of 45 Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Christine, how funny- I replaced my vents last time I was pregnant! Well, they WERE really ugly.

I'm that person that always seems like she's nesting...but it's kicked up a little lately. I'm trying to stop multitasking (making grilled cheese while refilling olive oil jar while getting cobwebs off the kitchen ceiling!) so much, as it seems like I should FOCUS more or something...

Spring Break is next week, and we're all excited to plant our garden and work in the yard (big chore as it's a big yard), see friends...and I'm scheduling all those appts like getting my van door fixed, going to the acupuncturist and getting my hair done, because my teacher husband will be home!!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#19 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 AM

I was so tired last night that I "forgot" to nag DH about the usual stuff when he got home. I only had errands/appointments in the morning (took DS to school, found out their heat was broken, took DS with me to the store, dropped off DS with grandma, met with one contractor for estimate, met with exterminator), but I was WIPED OUT for the rest of the day.

Is something major happening in our blood volume or something else right now? Oof.

I, too, am looking for signs of spring. Luckily, last weekend's snow storm is melting rapidly. There aren't any freezing night temps in the 10 day forecast for my town, so I'm pleased to think planting is coming soon. (Reminds me to put some black plastic over my raised planting bed...) My seedlings are sprouting. DS really enjoys looking at them, though I started them late and wish they were further along. Oh well. I'm so tempted to put in so many plants this year, because I'll actually be home ALL SUMMER, but then again I know I'll ignore them for most of June and/or July with the new baby.

I might run out again for seeds and do lettuce in our big container. I can't even explain how anxiously I'm awaiting real, fresh spring greens.

--willo
#20 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Exhaustion? You bet. Yesterday was awful! I was teaching until 3, managed to get home for a couple of hours to put my feet up and thoroughly ignore the last essay I have to grade, and then one of the profs picked me up at 7 to go hit a massive fabric sale (stuff for the tailoring class). We were there, rummaging through bolts and dodging crowds, standing in line, carting bales of trim back and forth - for two and a half hours. DH hadn't gotten home until quarter to seven or so, so I hadn't eaten anything after lunch beyond a dish of ice cream at five, and while he put dinner in when I called him leaving the store, we didn't end up eating until 11 pm. And i'd been on my feet most of the day already. And then our alarm goes off at 6:30.

So. Tired.

On the plus side, I did find and buy (at 50% off!) some Lovely Shiney Things (satin brocades, silk dupioni in the most stunning dark green ever, pre-embroidered unbleached linen, yum!), as well as flannelette for three more receiving blankets. And that was just the stuff for myself out of my pocket, not even discussing the $450 we dropped of the university's money on show & class fabrics. Other people's money is the best thing ever to go shopping with!
#21 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoLevin View Post
...Is something major happening in our blood volume or something else right now? Oof...
I think right now our little babies are starting to leach iron and other goodies out of our system to be stored in the liver in addition to the continuing upward demand for nutrients. This might be a big part of it. I've upped my intake of Floradix and yesterday I was actually able to leave my house and go get a library card! I checked out a dozen books because I had been so tired I can't even sit at the computer! Pathetic! Reduced to reading! hehe
#22 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Wow ... you girls all sound so tired I certainly don't have any energy surge, but I'm not overly-exhausted. I've been getting so much gardening done - lawn mowing, reseeding, planting bulbs, weeding around the winter flowers, etc. When I'm exhausted, it's because I've pushed myself too far.

Oh, and I have to mention that I passed my 3-hour glucose test yesterday!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#23 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Congrats on the pass! Yay!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#24 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 PM

I have a doula! She came to visit this morning, and I'm 99.9% sure I want to use this one. She will be going out of town about a week after my due date, so I have to find a backup in case. But I'm definately on the same wavelength with her. Since I'm a doula myself and we've done things in our local organization together, she's offered to do it for free.
#25 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM

Shannon: Congrats on passing the test, that must be such a relief!

Shell Ell: Yay for finding a Doula!!

I've been getting weird little bursts of energy, usually first thing in the morning and then again before bed. This morning I cleaned both bathrooms and mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors. I HATE mopping! I also did a ton of laundry, including all of the baby's clothes. I've been all about completely setting up the nursery and taking inventory of what I still need. DP thinks it's funny.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#26 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM

I thought I was the only one feeling soo tired. Everyone kept talking about nesting and I kept thinking " how can anyone nest, I am so exhausted"! Anyway, I hope for some kind of energy surge soon.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#27 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM

We did hire a doula and will have our first "official" meeting with her this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers so tightly crossed I might loose circulation, but she seemed great at our first meeting, DD liked her (it's impressive for a stranger to win over dd so fast), and she had a day and a half of back labor with her first so she has some idea where I'm coming from in terms of my labor history. She also has attended several happy VBACs at my hospital and with my care providers, so I'm confident about that aspect as well.

I must say belly bean has been pretty bouncy today (which is nice)! And she had hiccups...about 8-9 minutes of regular "blurps" in the same spot on my left side. I wonder if there is something funky about how my innards are put together...dd1 always had hiccups in that same spot! Perhaps there's something funny written on the "wall" there and everytime a belly bean see's it they laugh so hard the snort amniotic fluid out their nose and get the hiccups?

Anyway, with this whole anterior placenta thing I haven't felt nearly as much movement this time round and so a day with lots of wiggles is a nice change.

How are other mamas doing with the hypnobirthing program (I know there are a few others here...)? I just started the second class (will be doing finger drops tonight) and so far it's been kind of fun. I don't know that I really go with the whole "pain free birth" element, but I'm enjoying the nightly relaxation sessions and think it's helping me stay more together during the days as well. And that half hour cd session is just about the only "me time" I've got these days!

#28 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 PM

That "me time" must be nice! Dh travels so much for work that I barely get any me time ... I guess I use the outdoor gardening stuff as my me-time because the boys will play around me and I get some brain relaxation Maybe I should try hypnobirthing just to learn how to get some of that ultra relaxation (although I am expected to have a scheduled c-section at 40 weeks).

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#29 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

Didn't we just post a weekly thread? I am also shocked at the time flying...

Shell_el, I am still so congested. I sleep with my mouth wide open and make a clicking noise so loud it wakes me up at times. Poor dh sleeps with wax earplugs all the time now, if not on the couch. In the morning I clear loads of snot from my head which continues all day. So, yes, I am still a mucus queen over here.

I am tired, too. My Floradix surge seems to have faded. Maybe I'll have to up my dose like you, Willo. I went on a field trip to the Jewish Museum with the 10th grade yesterday and came home and took a 3 hour nap after and still went to bed by 11pm. I just get tired.

We have one week until spring break and our trip to Puerto Rico. I tried on a bathing suit today....scary. I have no prob with the big belly look, it's just that my thighs are all cottage cheese-y and vein-y. HOT. I am seriously working on letting go of being freaked out about it, but it's hard. I keep thinking that maybe a light tan will camoflage some of it!

We have parent/teacher night tomorrow night. A 14 hour workday. God help me...
#30 of 45 Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

Dh takes dd upstairs after her bath (when we nightweaned he took over most of the night-night routine...he does her bath, then they come downstairs so I can do jammies, nursing and toothbrushing, and then they both go upstairs to "finish" the routine with a few songs/cuddles/hand holding/kissing of various sleepy buddies/etc) so I generally have a half hour window of time after he takes her up but before she falls asleep when I can sit in the living room and listen to a hypnobirth session.

I think they actually have a few cds aimed at c/s mamas...I picked this program since it seemed supportive of VBAC mamas and I felt I needed the extra confidence/relaxation in terms of just going with the flow this time and being "okay" with either a VBAC or a c/s if that's what happens (I was sooooo devastated after dd's c/s that I actually was diagnosed with both PPD and PTSD and honestly I just can't deal with that emotional/spiritual/physical place again so soon!).

Anyway, even though I'm not totally on board with the pain free side of the program, I have to say that sitting on the floor with my back against the couch listening to sort of new-agey instrumental music (I've been calling it "zEn-ya" if that gives you the feel) with a woman's soothing voice saying "reax....you are soooo relaxed....soooo warm....your muscles are relaxed....your hands are relaxed....sooo relaxed....your mind is calm...." etc after a day of dealing with undergraduates, faculty, and a tempermental 2yo is...well...it's a good half hour!

I wish I could garden...but we still have a foot or more of snow! And our house has the worst little back yard ever. All shade and lead tainted soil so everything has to be grown in containers and moved throughout the day to get even a few hours of sun. Bleh! Yet another reason I want to move!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page