Signs you're hitting the third trimester - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmama3-7 View Post
I keep thinking, "I am as big as I should have to get, how could I possibly grow anymore?"
Yes, sister, I've been thinking this since early February!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaKat View Post
You give up on "personal grooming" because, really, if you can't see it, it can't need any trimming, right?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#33 of 45 Old 03-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelleaux View Post
You've begun pricing mini-fridges to use as a bed-side table so you don't have to walk to the kitchen to get your 4am meal.
if i had the money i would be so there! this is a stroke of pure genius i think!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#34 of 45 Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 AM

your husband is just as emotional as you are!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#35 of 45 Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 PM

you know you're there when you send your co-worker (who you don't really know that well) an e-mail like this:

you're the best t***. thanks for letting me know about the staff training information.

btw - i went to american appparel after my class today - i love their
stuff but it was just not hapening for me at all. so if you have any
other pregnant friends, remind them not to try to go shopping for any
non-maternity items at 7+ months, ok? they'll thank you for it, i
promise.
see you friday!
v

it seems i'm losing control over what comes out of my mouth (off my fingertips) these days. dangerous!
#36 of 45 Old 03-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetisadora View Post
it seems i'm losing control over what comes out of my mouth (off my fingertips) these days. dangerous!
me too!

i seem to be writing longer and longer emails to people.. it has not gone unnoticed! i suspect i should start trying to write a book or something!
#37 of 45 Old 03-29-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriu View Post
using the breathing techniques and jaw relaxation of ina may's to get your very stubborn poop out.
I hear you on that one, for sure. I totally couldn't poop before I learned that trick. I hope it works just as well for birth.

Also... not being able to reach your feet to put socks on, clip your own toenails, or tie shoes, and completely having said, "Screw it", and converted to wearing sandals even when it's 40 degrees out because it's just THAT much easier.
#38 of 45 Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 AM

OMG LOL THANK YOU for this thread.. I needed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#39 of 45 Old 04-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I normally like to be shaved....just something I grew up with.....makes me feel good...now I just "guess shave" (especially my bikini line).....

Miriam
#40 of 45 Old 04-01-2007, 07:14 PM

You actually start AVOIDING cake and Krispy Kreme on account of the heartburn they cause you.
#41 of 45 Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM

you contemplate offering to PAY someone to shave you cause you cant reach or even see what is going on down there anymore!

you sit on the toilet for five minutes when you pee, cause you know more will come if you just wait a minute.

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#42 of 45 Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 AM

shop keepers are concerned that you will go into labor while in the dressing room. i had one say to me today "well, just don't go into labor here because i'm not at all prepared for that." i told her it wasn't my plan. was she serious??

while buying a bra, the sales clerk remarks wildly about how you went from a 34 to a 40 in the same bra...wow...amazing...wow...SHUT UP ABOUT MY BOOBS ALREADY, LADY!

EVERYONE says "wow, looks like you'll be having that baby any day now." and then i say "nope, it'll be another 2 months or so." they are just so shocked you'd think they suspect i'm lying...

you start asking your kids to pick stuff off the floor for you as you move through the room..."honey, that pencil there, yeah, thanks...and that piece of tissue, yes, thank you...". and if they resist, you say "do you want ME to have to bend over and pick it up?", totally appalled at the nerve of them!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#43 of 45 Old 04-02-2007, 04:10 AM

ive got another few days before im in my third tri but close enough i suppose!
some of these are way too funny!!

ive got ummm.....7 different flavors of ice cream, seriously.
(plus some gross frozen yougurt that looked soo good!)

umm..
when you have to kinda roll over and push up to get off the couch/bed
when your 2yo huffs at you, and rolls his eyes, and says no and stomps off down the hallway to make daddy feel bad for him because youve asked for too many things off the floor when theyre normally eager to help give you things
when a shirt you wore last week to get your infusion on thursday, and its only wednesday and it doesnt cover your belly anymore!

ill try to think of some more, i know i have been recently, and i just get weird looks, lol!
and i can clip my toe nails, etc...i can touch my head with my foot still! : but normally i can get them behind my head..hmm..i wonder..LOL!!
#44 of 45 Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 AM

You can entertain your two toddlers for a good 20 minutes by pulling up your shirt to let them watch the baby roll around

Every place you go into you get the 'when are you due' question

Your 4 yo keeps looking at you and saying 'that's a BIG belly you have there mama!' and you have to tell her that she hasn't seen anything yet .

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#45 of 45 Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM
tls

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You wake up in the middle of the night hoping the feeling you have to go to the bathroom will go away. Then finally roll yourself out of bed to go only to wake an hour later for the exact same reason.
You are actually thrown off balance when the baby decides to roll over.
You’re so sick and tired of your pants falling down that you actually let them or walk around the house pants less. And you’ve given up trying to cover the part of your belly that hangs out the bottom of your shirt when your pants fall down under your belly.
You can’t find a comfortable position to sleep in no matter how many pillows surround you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page