Signs you're hitting the third trimester - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're sitting on the couch. You're really uncomfortable. But it's too much of an effort to get up and find a more comfortable position
#2 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Your lying in bed at 1pm--one sock on, one off--not reading, not sleeping, just lying there for two hours staring at the wall because you've got no energy to get up.
#3 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM

you have stretch-marks on top of your stretch-marks,very sexy! you have to have doggy-style sex, and probably just me but i have the overwhelming need to bake!
#4 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 AM

Your kid has opinions to express about what and when you're eating, and isn't shy about it. Trouble is, it's tough to tell "I hate this stuff" from "more, mum!" through belly-kick morse code.
#5 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Does the extra moodiness count? I am ALL of the above, but MAN I am a moody woman... Not much sleep, moody, hungry, and feeling slightly anti-social lately....lol
#6 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 PM

When you've mastered the monkey-toe pick-up-and-fling-upwards-to-catch procedure because bending over to get something off the floor is just too much to handle.

Putting a bra on gets you out of breath.
#7 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redifer View Post
When you've mastered the monkey-toe pick-up-and-fling-upwards-to-catch procedure because bending over to get something off the floor is just too much to handle.
Amen to that! I'm lucky to have a 4 yr old DS that is eager to help, I don't know what I'd do without him!

How about laying in bed at 4 am talking yourself out of needing to get up to pee because it is too much effort to get up. I do this every night. I tell myself that I really don't have to pee, it's just the pressure from the baby on my bladder. Then I end up waking up an hour or so later having to run to the bathroom so I don't wet myself.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#8 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 PM

When your toddler starts saying "hang on" in your exact tone of voice and you realize you've prefaced EVERY comment to her that day with "hang on, mama's coming" since you just don't have the energy to "jump to it" anymore.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#9 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 01:26 PM

Peeing, pulling up your pants, washing your hands, and then realizing you have to pee again.
#10 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
Peeing, pulling up your pants, washing your hands, and then realizing you have to pee again.
How about pooping (if you get lucky), pulling up your pants, washing your hands, and then realizing you have to pee!
#11 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
#12 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Every BH contraction makes me need to pee...so I go, I leave the bathroom, I get three feet away before another BH hits and have to turn right around and go pee again! Argh!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#13 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 PM

Bras are all too tight, but going without is miserable, too, because of the bowling ball boobs that demand a little lift to avoid weighing down the belly even more.
#14 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 07:00 PM

These are hilarious!!!

How about opening your freezer and 16 different cartons of ice cream fall out?
#15 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Crying because you can't find a restaurant that serves baked macaroni and cheese (regular will *not* do!) and you have a serious craving and you're too tired to make it yourself!

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#16 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM

using the breathing techniques and jaw relaxation of ina may's to get your very stubborn poop out.
wanting to sit with your legs spread wide open like an obnoxious frat boy.
craving a perinium (sp?) massage b/c it feels like a bowling ball has been pressing against it all day.
shaving your legs but they still look hairy from all your spider veins...
#17 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Asking others' to tie your shoes for you.
#18 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Buying shoes that close with velcro (really, really cute Mary Janes, honest!) so that you don't have to ask for help. :
#19 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corri View Post
Buying shoes that close with velcro (really, really cute Mary Janes, honest!) so that you don't have to ask for help. :
How about buying slip on no-back crocs, because you can't even put on your velcro shoes without help!

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#20 of 45 Old 03-22-2007, 11:45 PM

[shudder] I can't do the croc thing; I really really can't. I know they're supposed to be the most comfortable shoes in the universe, but they look like perforated rubber rafts. Fuuuuugly! :
#21 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corri View Post
[shudder] I can't do the croc thing; I really really can't. I know they're supposed to be the most comfortable shoes in the universe, but they look like perforated rubber rafts. Fuuuuugly! :
Corri, I agree, they're stupidly fugly! But WAIT till you slip a pair on. You won't give a you know what anymore!

(Says the girl who came back from Mexico with a hot-pink-pair)

Ok, I will not wear them to town or with socks. But around the house or to the beach? YES PLEASE!
#22 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM

You put on a shirt that you just wore three weeks ago and when you walk into the living room both dh and ds say "WOW, you've grown".
#23 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriu View Post
using the breathing techniques and jaw relaxation of ina may's to get your very stubborn poop out.
wanting to sit with your legs spread wide open like an obnoxious frat boy.
craving a perinium (sp?) massage b/c it feels like a bowling ball has been pressing against it all day.
shaving your legs but they still look hairy from all your spider veins...
LOL!!! So true..all of it. It's funny because last night I was watching Gallipoli on DVD with my husband (totally unrelated...just a great movie!) and I couldn't get comfortable so I propped myself up with three couch pillows and spread my legs out "like a frat boy" on the table. It was soooo comfortable, but my husband was laughing at me.

UGH on the spider veins too?! What is up with that??? Will they go away?? I found a new one last night! THAT MAKES TWO! Which is WAY too many.
#24 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalf97 View Post
You put on a shirt that you just wore three weeks ago and when you walk into the living room both dh and ds say "WOW, you've grown".
This reminds me of something that's happened with both of my pregnancies. I go to put on a shirt I haven't worn in a week or two and go "Damn, this thing shrunk!" Only to realize it didn't shrink, I just got bigger!
#25 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Your DH/DP no longer takes it as an invitation if you sit all splaylegged and out of breath.

Your family has yet to put the winter blankets and clothing away, because you have hot flashes all day long which require open windows, even in 40 degree weather.

Spring cleaning this year was buying a bunch of 30 gallon tupperware tubs, tossing random crap in them, closing the lids and throwing them in the crawlspace.
#26 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 12:24 PM

I keep thinking, "I am as big as I should have to get, how could I possibly grow anymore?"

and running for the ringing phone, (actually waddling) and praying you make it before answering machine picks up.

Sitting on the couch, don't event know your bladder is full, but sneezing leaves very clear evidence that it is in a big wet spot. :

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#27 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 02:45 PM

OMG I just have to say... This thread is soooo funny... I know it is because it is all so true, but I really needed the laugh today
#28 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 02:48 PM

You give up on "personal grooming" because, really, if you can't see it, it can't need any trimming, right?

#29 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 PM

You've begun pricing mini-fridges to use as a bed-side table so you don't have to walk to the kitchen to get your 4am meal.
#30 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Your pre-natal yoga, which DP used to find oh-so-sexy, has now become something he avoids watching, because of the leaking pee, the leaking boobs, and oofs, ughs, grunts and groans that come with it.

Sweeping the floor is a chore now done with a fuzzy bunny slipper on your foot as you swoosh/waddle across the room.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page