Mothering Forum banner

nursing necklace ideas (and pics?)

1K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  wombatclay 
#1 ·
Heyla all!

So now that we have our beads (or most of us have them and the rest will soon) the really fun fun starts...how to string them!

I started playing with the beads las night and can't wait to continue later today...

If anyone wants a few ideas about stringing different styles beads into gorgeous necklaces, check out GreenLee's site (http://www.greenleesforest.com/ and she's an MDC mama). They aren't exactly "nursing necklaces" but they are beautiful and they're giving me all sorts of ideas.

Anyone else have a favorite beading inspiration page, or a page with ideas about cord knotting and beading?

See less See more
#27 ·
I JUST got the stuff to put together my necklace. Very exciting!

Can some one tell me about three beads though.....

I'm looking to find out who these two are from...

The Breast Cancer ribbon bead

-and-

The round wodden bead

also.... at least one of these two woman sent out an affirmation online (i remember, because it made me CRY!) But I dont know where that affirmation is! Can any one send it along for me?

ALSO... Which bead is from Narnia? I have two affirmations and two beads (one from Shannon and one from Narnia) and I can't remember which bead goes with which affirmation. Or which Shannon it is.... the card is folded and has a wreath on the front of it.....

Can anyone help me with the answers to these questions? I'm trying to make a list of who sent what bead before I string them and forget who sent what!
Thanks

#28 ·
just wanted to mention...I wore my necklace for my whole labor and birth! And I'm wearing it now as I nurse. The powerful emotions and memories tied into this necklace now make this such a precious item, and I want to thank all the mamas who contributed beads and blessings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.