Weekly Thread ~April 16 - 22 ~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see a thread for this week...and seeing as I'm trapped in the house due to the winter weather...

Onward into yet another week we go! Hard to believe that some of us will have a babe in arms in the next month or month and a half!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah...and the reason I was looking for the weekly thread...

I found a fun Canadian website with tons of natural birth products! They ship to the US so I'm really tempted (especially with the exchange rate), it's run by a WAHM who is also a DONA doula (and for all I know a mdc mama...) and they have some really spiffy stuff.

I found it when searching for "mesh panties" for another thread and if you're a Canadian mama (or just curious) it could be a good site to check for all sorts of stuff. They even have a "birth kit" for hospital births.

Argh...I almost forgot to add the url! Okay, my brain must be out to lunch.

http://www.mamagoddessbirthshop.com/

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM

My brain seems to be out to lunch all the time now :

I'm leaving in an hour for a trip to Vegas - our first trip without the kids! I already miss them My MIL and her sister will be staying at our house and keeping up with their schedules as best as possible. I just hope the little one is OK with it, he hasn't ever been away from both of us (Daddy travels all the time). It's my one last HOORAH before the new one comes in less than 8 weeks.

Less than 8 weeks.

That is so short!

Can I scream now?!?!?!?!?!?

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#4 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Shannon - I hope your trip goes well. I know what you mean, it is SO hard for me to think of leaving dd, in fact I'm worried about when I go into labor and have to go to the hospital and leaving her with my good friend. She loves going over there, but she has never spent a night away from me before.

Ok, I need your thoughts on this. Has anyone else noticed the baby moving ALOT LESS? I mean, this kid used to be so active inside of me, but this weekend, it seemed to slow down alot. I still feel it now and again and if I nudge my belly it does seem to respond and shift, but not the wild kicking and turning I've felt the last 7 weeks or so. I started to get nervous yesterday and went and ate some strawberry cream (YUM!) and it did kick start the little bean. But still. I feel a little nervous now and again. This morning all was quiet, and just now it finally started moving around a bit.

Anyone else notice any changes?
#5 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 12:32 PM

sylvi: I wouldn't worry or stress about it... think of all things there are to consider as you get on in gestation. Baby is getting bigger and thus the babies dorm room if getting smaller. There's less room for that little babe to swimaround and if they have settled into to position then there is even less "swimming" feelings.
Also, remember that there are definate periods of sleeping and awake time. Sometimes you get busy and dont really notice the little kicks that happen hear and there while you're going about your everyday business... I wouldn't worry too much. Aslong as you're feeling movement everyday then you're probably just fine! Remember... worrying only causes wrinkles!!!!

Speaking of wrinkles and worrying I asked DexP if I could wait another few months before having this baby... he said SUUUUREEEE!!!! I thought that was super nice of him!

OH... and on the name game issue... DexP's Brother is having ANOTHER baby (number 3... which isn't alot but they have just recently been reported to CPS for abuse...they are just not the family/parenty types) well anyway... Dexp's Brother and SIL looked at us (there was a big "family" dinner that I got invited too with everyone else) and said "You're 8 months pregnant and you dont have a NAME?????????" Then they offered us their "regected name list" and told us the names they picked.... mind you she found she was pregnant about 2 weeks ago....

HOW THE HECK DO PEOPLE AGREE ON NAMES???????

however... we might have agreed on a name... Ceres... but we would pronounce it (hmm... how to spell this phoneticly...) SEHR-ehs. thoughts?
#6 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 01:35 PM

Whitewax: LOVE the name Ceres.

Shannon: Have fun in Vegas!

Sylvi: Yup. My baby has slowed down a LOT. He/she is growing really fast and is spending a lot of time asleep, but boy when it is time to get-up and go... This baby used to be one hell of a kicker and now the new game seems to be for him to see how far he can stick his foot and fist out and into the world.

Leg Cramps have arrived. This morning I woke up with my right calf muscle trying to invert itself. I have never had such a bad cramp in my life. It was extraordinarly painful and every time it started going away it came back full-force. Very weird. My husband had to haul me out of bed as I squawked and hollered and the animals looked on like I was an amusing tv show. Then, after I got my leg unkinked our little dog had some "butt issues" and I had to run off to the vet. What a morning!

I'm trying to keep a good attitude here ladies but this first-timer is starting to loose her composure a little bit. This baby-making business is hard work and not very comfortable. Does anybody have a secret recipe for maintaining a good attitude through the home stretch or do we just roll with it and do our best to forget once it's all over with?
#7 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=sylvi76;7864471]Has anyone else noticed the baby moving ALOT LESS?QUOTE]

Yup. It scared the beejeebees out of me last week. I was so worried that something was wrong. But after about 6 hot wings (very hot) the baby was jumping around like he/she used to! But, the baby has definitely slowed down a bit-I am assuming that is just because it is getting more cramped in there. So, now when I'm worried I just have a spicy meal since that seems to jump start movement (and doesn't give me heartburn!!!).

I am feeling much more moody lately. Anyone else? DH is in his last weeks of the semester which means he is working his behind off trying to get things finished up-he has 3 papers to write that are all 15-20 pages in Spanish, and I'm feeling lonely and bored when he's working. That just makes me cranky and I know I'm not very pleasant to be around. Plus, the house is getting cluttered since it is so hard to bend over to pick things up and I get cranky about the clutter!!! I just keep telling myself that it's going to get better soon. (The end of the semester is always hard since DH is so busy, but it just seems worse this year and I don't feel like I'm handling it very well.)

No more griping for me, I promise! It's a beautiful day-I think I'll go home and plant some flowers this afternoon. That will make my day!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#8 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Yes, moody and hormonal here unless it's sunny and I'm enjoying myself!

My three year old and I are playing baby, so I'm typing holding a baby right now...guess it's good practice but it's a lot slower! I have to admit, I like this game! I even keep sniffing her head and it smells like chocolate or something!

So I'm doing great- just starting my 34th week! I had ANOTHER dream last night about a fast baby born in my bed! The first was a couple months ago...I dreamt that I woke up to the baby mewing under the covers, rooting on my leg!! I pulled it up, nursed it, and we went back to sleep. Apparently it was born under the covers while I slept! Last night I dreamt I woke to a contraction, and with the next one needed to push, and out came a baby girl all at once! In the dream she was born a week and a half early, had a head full of black hair (um, my babies are always bald), and we just kept saying how beautiful she was!

The funny thing is that in my dreams of baby girls, they do NOT strike me as Soleil. And I've even had dreams that I had the baby and decided to name her Piper instead because it suited her better. The baby in last night's dream I would really say was much more of a Piper than a Soleil...so maybe our girl name isn't so settled either! I love Piper, but have said that I have a hard time thinking about it being a WOMAN's name, and that I'd only use it if it just felt like the one that fit the baby. Interesting...

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#9 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Shannon: Enjoy your trip! Vegas sounds like a lot of fun!

Sylvi: My baby's movements have changed and slowed down a lot. I can tell he is running out of room in there. I have days where I get worried too and wonder when the last time was that I felt him move. Some sugar usually gets him going. He loves ice cream

Marvelleaux: Leg cramps are horrible! I had one two nights ago. I was sleeping on the couch and wanted to yell for DP in the bedroom but didn't want him to think I was in labor again. I just layed there rolling around and trying to get my foot to move so I could flex it upward. It would not budge, it was stuck pointing down. My WHOLE leg (toe to thigh) was as hard as a rock, it lasted for an eternity.

I've been slacking on taking my magnesium supplement and eating bananas, yesterday I went to the store and stocked up on bananas. They really do help with cramps. I've only had 2 leg cramps this preg and both were when I was slacking on eating bananas.

I'm nesting like a madwoman. I can't stop. It is out of control really. I'm still crampy all the time and I'm worried I won't be able to hold labor off for many more weeks. I did complete my 33rd week yesterday 3 more weeks until safety zone. Today and yesterday I bought a bunch of baby stuff. I think we have it all now. I've also been cooking in bulk and freezing food. I'm determined to keep this baby in for at least 3 more weeks if I have to stand on my head and cross my legs to keep him in!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#10 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I hit 33 weeks tomorrow and man...the time is FLYING by. I was sort of running over all the things I wanted to ask at my next appointment and it sort of hit me that it could all be "moot" in about 4 weeks!

Although I'll probably go later again and wind up with a mid-June babe, I'm still nervous. I'm suppsed to visit friends and do some final nesting IKEA shopping the last weekend of April and now I'm sort of wondering if I should go!

#11 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Ok ladies--question about how you're counting weeks.

(by the way, I just discovered that a heating pad makes post-leg-cramp muscles feel soooo much better...) Oh and Jillian, I was trying not to cry out for my DH as well because I didn't want him to think something was wrong with the baby... I hollered a lot though once he was aware it was a leg cramp . And you're right about the bananas. I also take supplemental calcium/magnesium and this was my second leg cramp, though the first an "almost" leg cramp whereas this one was magnificent. And... keep that kid in there, lady

Ok, back to weeks. According to the "28" day cycle my due date would land on June 1st (date of last period was August 25th). Every friday I celebrate another week "starting", not another week "finished". For example, on Friday the 13th I celebrated starting week 33 and considered myself a full 32 weeks preggo. Am I doing this wrong?

I don't want to get my hopes up and think I'm a week closer than I really am.

Moody--yes. Hormonal, not too bad. I am absolutely enormous and I'm afraid the majority of the posts coming out of me are going to be tinged with complaint and worry. Ack! I really need to laugh more!

How are you ladies keeping sane?
#12 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 PM

I specifically remember the movement slowing down around this time (or a bit later than 30 weeks?) with DS. Now, he got himself tangled in his cord (twice around the neck!) so I have residual guilt that that's when he slowed down and I should've "done something", but I did kick counts and all and the doc said it was fine.

Had my mw appt today. My baby is breech. : We went from sideways to WRONG-ways, darn it.

I know where the exercises are and that I need to do them. Remember that I've had a fear all along that this one would be positionally "difficult". Only because I was right with my first pg that DS wanted to come a touch early have I lent any credence to this idea. Could I be causing this by expecting this? ARG!

--willo
#13 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Willo Please dont feel any guilt! I dont think for a second you are causing it by expecting it... you are simply tapping into your own womanly/motherly intuition. I find my intuition is hightened when I'm pregnant too... it's a good thing that you know yourself and you need to TRUST what your mind tells you, not feel guilty for thinking something.

About the weeks thing...I think I'm a bit lost too... lol... I'm due June 5th.. I think I am DONE with 32 weeks and working on 33 (untill tomorrow, tues) or maybe it's that I'm done with 31 and working on 32..... hmmmmmm

lol... I think Marvelleaux and I got a bit confused Jillian when you said you were 33 weeks.... aren't you do mid june sometime or am I just totally out of it, off my rocker and nuts?????? I'm guessing the latler... lol some one clear this up!!! and how does every one say "months" Am I 8 months???? i need help! ha ha
#14 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm "due" sometime between June 4-11...depending on whether you're looing at conception (I know the day), LMP (ditto), or early u/s (twice in the early weeks when it's pretty accurate for dating purposes).

So according to my care provider I'm finishing week 32 and starting week 33 tomorrow (they use the LMP date)...and then I'll be 33 weeks one day, 33 weeks 2 days, 33 weeks 3 days, etc.

You can look at your due date and count backwards if that helps! The whole thing is silly, and confusing, and I remember in my first pregnancy having huge debates with myself over what "day" I was. This time I have to sort of stop and remind myself where I am.

#15 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM

The whole due date issue has always confused me, not to mention I am a bit more "dumb" in pregnancy. So I just go with what my MW and I originally figured from my conception date, and so far I have measured exactly on track to that. Anyway I hate saying my due date is June 9th, I would rather say it is early june, (I'm shooting for june 1st ).

Things are going well here, I feel like I had a major growth spurt over the past few days, and am looking like it too. Plus I am finally hungry, I haven't had an appetite in a long time, so it feels good to want food!

I mentioned how I am "dumb" in pregnancy, well I am feeling so "out of it" lately, total mommy brain: . My DH has had fun with me though, I keep telling him there is no blood going to my brain, it is all going downward, and he said well now you know what it feels like to be a guy. If it's true, those poor, poor men! He was even making fun of me because I have always prided myself on being an excelent multitasker, and now, I just seem to mess everything up when I do that, so I need to slow down my thoughts and try to encourage blood flow to my brain too. I better get off of MDC because I have some phone calls I can't "forget" to make. TTFN

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#16 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm due June 4 and I've completed 33 weeks today. So if you're due on June 5 then you'll have completed 33 weeks tomorrow. Then you'll be working on your 34th week, Wed you will be 33 weeks, 1 day, and so on - all the way up until the following Tuesday when you will have completed 34 weeks. If you look at a calendar this way is correct because at your due date you will have completed 40 weeks of pregnancy. Does that make sense? It's tricky to explain sometimes.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#17 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Oh

So then... with a due date of June 1st I am a full 33 weeks and 3 days preggo, and not just starting week 33? :
#18 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelleaux View Post
Oh

So then... with a due date of June 1st I am a full 33 weeks and 3 days preggo, and not just starting week 33? :
That's great! You are far enough along that, even if your baby came tomorrow (God forbid!), you could go to any local hospital and not need a fancier NICU!

(Does that sound weird/paranoid/cruel to say? I totally live for this kind of milestone for myself! 32 weeks will feel SOOOO good to me for this reason exactly!)

--willo
#19 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Ahhhh, math! The joy of the pregnancy brain! Even my best friend (who is an astrophysicist by degree and a gov contractor working on all sorts of fancy-pants solid state physics stuff for the military) has trouble keeping track of pregnancy math. 40 weeks = 9 months = weeks completed/weeks in progress = errrrrrrrr...yeah

I know I change my ticker to reflect weeks completed (rather than weeks in progress). So when my care provider tells me on Wed that I am 33 weeks 1 day and due the first week of June I'll move my ticker sun one more click to the right (since technically I've only "finished" 33 weeks and am working on 34).

Jilian is right, counting back from the due date is the easiest DIY option, and even easier is asking your care provider what they are going with and start counting up from there.

#20 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Wow, you guys are all so far ahead of me. lol!! I think I'm 31 weeks and a few days, due June 14th. Having too many contractions today. Very uncomfortable. Ouch!! Having two kids already makes it really hard to just sit and do nothing on these days too. I already worked at preschool, did some work for my job, and now I'm going to run to the accountants and then take the girls to gymnastics. Too bad life couldn't just slow down the last 8 weeks or so...Enough whining. This baby is still very active although she seems to sleep a lot at night which I hope will continue after she's born. And hopefully she'll stay put for at least another 5 weeks if not six...

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#21 of 86 Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM

I hate trying to count weeks. Finally, I went ahead and wrote them in on my calendar, counting backwards from my due date. I wrote 40 on my due date and numbered the rest of them backwards from there. According to that,I'm 33 weeks and 3 days today. Eeep. :

I'd been feeling really run down over the last couple of weeks, thus the much lower rate of posting. Fortunately, I've been feeling like I've gotten some energy back. So has belly bean. He's trying out all kinds of intersting movements, how can he still have room?

Here's an interesting mental picture for you, to keep you laughing. Normally, when I pull out my yoga mat, I put in the yoga DVD and get in some good stretching. As far as my 16lb. fluffy cat is concerned, this is great. She takes over the end of the mat and knows she's going to get some good petting. This week though, I've really wanted to be moving so I put in the prenatal salsa dancing tape that my brother got me as a joke. So here I am, 33 weeks along, trying desperately to get my completely uncoordinated self to keep up with the tape, while the poor cat goes crazy trying to get out from under my feet. She was convinced that I was going to do yoga and kept trying to lay down in the middle of everything. After the 4th or 5th kick, she finally moved to the couch and glared at me. I don't know which was funnier, me trying to salsa dance or the cat's antics. the dancing left me feeling really good though, even though I have no rhythm at all.
#22 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 AM

I've got my weeks in my calendar, too, although they are labeled at the beginning of the week, so I don't hit that number until the LAST day of that week (if that makes sense), because I put the numbers in as soon as I had a BFP test, so I counted from the beginning.

Unlike my first pg, I constantly forget how far along I am this time.

Had such a good sleep last night! Very happy DH made it home, and on time no less! Usually, he has the very worst travel luck EVER.

I'm working a few hours this morning at the bookstore, then I will have to come home and finish removing/hiding in cupboards everything from the kitchen that I don't want demo'd tomorrow. : I know I will be so tired after work (so lame!), but this is the last day... Wow.

Will willo's contractors really show up as scheduled?
Will she have her preparations done?
Find out tomorrow...

--willo
#23 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Will willo's contractors really show up as scheduled?
Will she have her preparations done?
Find out tomorrow...
When "As the Kitchen Remodel Turns towards the Guiding Light of the General Contractor" returns!

We just got back from the Ped (dd's 2year appt) and since they were my care provider when dd was born it was fun...haven't seen them in 6 months and now I really have a belly to show off! Of course, they asked how far along I was and had to try and remember...I could remember talking about it here in thread but the whole "numbers" thing was beyond me.

#24 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Jillian, you and I have the exact same due date! Will be interesting to see who goes first!

I finally caved and ran over to the hospital for a non-stress test. Of course, everything was A-OK and baby had a nice strong heartbeat and did move around. And this morning I felt it kicking about. I guess it's running out of room and settling in and calming down, maybe? Such a change, though from a week ago.

Am feeling pretty good this morning, cleaned out 3 drawers and threw away a whole bag of trash/useless items from the kitchen! YAY! I still have to do 2 bedroom dressers and 2 closets, but every step helps, right?
#25 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Grumpy and uncomfortable here, too! I've been having some weird, sharp pains on the right side of my belly - I think it's a round ligament thing. And very, very nervous about getting everything done before this kid arrives. DD was born at 41w3d, so part of me is convinced this one will be on the later end, too. But then I worry that I'll go early instead and nothing will be ready! :

As for trying to keep a positive attitude, I've found it hard sometimes. The third trimester had me grouchy last time, too. I'm uncomfortable, and feeling quite unattractive. Trying to get a little more sleep helps, as does making sure I eat small, frequent meals and taking my iron supplement. But the biggest thing I can do is to accomplish at least one task from my "To Do Before Baby Comes" list each day. Even if it's something as small as washing a load of newborn clothes and linens or caulking a window. I've tried to make sure there are a number of items on that list that have been broken down into small enough chunks that I can be sure to get something done nearly every day.

I'm with those who count backward, both for weeks and months. The months thing gets too confusing with the lunar vs. calendar month issue. I try not to think in months. Now I think of myself as having "nearly seven weeks until my due date" rather than being 33 weeks along.

And I'm getting a little worried about position. This kid seems to be repositioning every few days, and even when it's head down it's nearly always got it's back against my spine. DD was pretty much firmly stuck in a vertex position with her back against the front-left side of my belly by now. Granted, I think this kid's probably a lot more comfortable than she was at this stage, but I'd feel better knowing that he or she was in place and planning to stay put!

I think I've been having some sort of contractions, too. I don't really feel anything more than tightness from them, but I don't think I had that last time, so that's got me a tad nervous as well.

Sorry for the book! I guess I'm just having an anxious day.

On a more positive note, my big work deadline has passed and now I can relax a bit more in terms of my job. And DH and I ordered my birthday gift yesterday, even though my birthday is a month away. I get a Green Cone composter for our yard. And he's going to build me a wire bin for the yard waste, too. All this even though he isn't really all that concerned about green issues. So it really is a thoughtful, kind gift.
#26 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM

Ugh, mini-rant here.

My mom has been saying since the day I got pregnant that once school is out she'll be able to help a bit with Riley (19 mo old DS) and overall household stuff if I need her. She's not off work for the summer until June 13, and I'm due the 15, but I figure even having help at all is good. Except over the weekend I overheard her telling someone that she's going to be taking a trip to Minnesota for my cousin's graduation on June 22. When I heard it I asked if I heard her right, and she said yes but that "Obviously she'd have to rethink it if I hadn't had the baby by then" No, what I was thinking was if I *have* had the baby by then, it sucks that she'll be going on a trip when she said she'd be around to help me!

You guys, my husband doesn't get any paid time off, and though we put money away for him to be able to take about 10 days or so off, we had a set back (he got into a car accident last month) and since have cut our savings in half. So we're sort of scrambling, not only to get the things we need/want, but also to keep the savings so he can be home a bit.

I'm not nervous in the least about having the baby, that's a piece of cake. But with the uncertainty of whether or not my mom will be around to help with my older son makes me nervous about this for the first time.

My doula is doing the labor/birth pro-bono to gain homebirth experience (and because we know one another in the doula community) and I had planned to pay to have her come for a visit or two postpartum if we really needed it, but again, the money situation just isn't what we had planned it would be.

Ah, I feel better. I just got overwhelmed with this all of a sudden and I don't want those nervous thoughts entering my mind right now.
#27 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Shell_Ell. I'm sorry you're dealing with this right now! I hope everything works out. . .

Getting outside yesterday was so helpful for my mood! I now have some flowers planted so this morning I was able to get up and see some color in our yard! I think I'm going to try to finish up my planting this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

I feel like the clothing fairy visited my house last night and took in all my maternity clothes. Nothing fits anymore, and I swear it happened overnight!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#28 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 01:47 PM

The clothing fairy also made a stop off at my house and shrunk all of my maternity clothes. I am down to only 2 shirts that cover my whole belly. Why do they make maternity shirts so short?! I hate having ANYTHING on my belly these days so I am down to one stretchy pair of old navy cotton shorts that aren't even maternity. I do have some dresses, but it's been a little chilly here in the mornings.

I cannot stop nesting, the urge is overpowering and I am soooo tired! I re-organized my canned goods yesterday then reorganized my medicine cabinet. This is stuff that doesn't even need to be done!

I caved in and checked my cervix yesterday and it was about 1-2 cm and a little effaced (I have no idea how much 50% maybe?). So I'm on Uri-care herbs to treat a possible UTI (that I don't think I have but they are known causes of PTL) and I upped my vitamin C. 3 more weeks baby, 3 more weeks, 3 more weeks!

#29 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM

#30 of 86 Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Vanniencole- we wont be CDing this little one either. We did for a while with dd (CD at home and disposables when out for around a year), and we tried EC as well. But in terms of the time and energy and resources DH and I have available it's just not something we can consider right now. Like everything else in the world, it's a choice and while there are pros and cons to every choice...well, sometimes you just have to do what you've got to do!

And it sounds like the universe has already handed you a massive platter of "stuff" to deal with! A move, a flu, sick little one, a new care provider, a new babe, a new place...all in a matter of weeks/months. So anything you can do to reduce stress and make space for yourself has got to come down on the "plus" side of the balance. I know it's not what you wanted, but hang in there!

Glad to hear you're all getting healthier though...spring colds are the worst!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page