Weekly Thread *~May 7th - May 13th~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I don't expect contractions to kick in for awhile. In fact, I have a small family dinner party planned for tonight that I intend to continue with .

My midwife would not put me on a schedule. As long as there is no sign of infection we should be good to hang out as long as necessary. I think everything is going to be great--the fluid was very pale, clear yellow so little wattlet is still swimming around in a clean bath!

I'll keep you all updated once things pick up (I'll start a labor thread you so can all cheer me on/point and laugh ).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelleaux View Post
Midwife is on her way over to hang out with me for bit--it appears my water did indeed break!

I was standing nekkid in the bathroom getting ready for my shower and gushed all over the floor!
Oh how exciting!!!! My water broke before labor started with my second. The feeling of anticipation knowing I would soon be holding a little one in my arms but not having any pain or contractions yet. It was a feeling I'll probably never forget. Sending you easy, productive labor vibes for once things get rolling!!! I can't believe it's starting to be time for the June babies!!!

As for me, I had a rough night full of potty trips brought on by lots and lots of strong contractions. I don't think they mean anything and seem to have stopped finally this morning, but ugh! 5 more weeks of that and I'm going to be a way overtired basketcase. Hopefully it won't happen again until baby day. And hopefully baby day won't be for at least a week as I'd be birthing at the hospital otherwise.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#63 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM

OMG Marvelleaux!! How exciting! I hope you have a beautiful and peaceful labor, keep us updated if you can. I'm so excited!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#64 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM

Marvelleaux-- I hope you get to enjoy your dinner party. My water broke before my ctx started with DS, but only a few hours before. : Keep us informed if you can.

--willo
#65 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah Marvelleux!!!: I am so jealous, but have to hold on another week. Keep us updated as I want to know everything!!: My water broke with my first and contractions started right away, I loved it!!

jilian sounds like your going to have a quick labor when it does happen, I am just so excited for everyone!:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#66 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Marvelleaux (now you have all the dancing vegtables rooting for you!)Sooooooooo exciting!!!! When I read your earlier post about some extra wetness after losing your plug i thought "she'll KNOW when her water breaks" and then low and behold I read your other post about your gush Hope things go nice and smoothly and just the way you want them!

Jilian... in reference to the contractions that dont really seem to be going anywhere ultimately... i just keep thinking "ok, these either need to produce a baby or leave me alone!!! At least for a day!" But you'r right about gaining some extra ground as far as centimeters are concerned!!!!

No big plans for Mothers day here.... well nothing exciting anyway. But wiching every one a happy Mothers day just the same, whether your an old pro at Mommy-hood or if this is your first mothersday!! HAPPY HAPPY To ALL (a little early)
#67 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 06:12 PM

I got a nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to sleep (without coughing!) for about an hour and a half!

Okay, so that doesn't sound like much, but I feel so much better. Yay! Bounce bounce wigle jiggle preggo lady happy waddle!

My mom came and took my dad and dd to the science center (we have a really great sci center here) and although there were three schools visiting the center when they arrived, afer about 45 minutes they all left and dd essentialy had the whole toddler section to herself. My mom said she had a blast! And I slept! Huzzah!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#68 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Just a quick update--

No real contractions yet, just some sharp jabbing in my cervix and achiness in my tummy. I'm only about 60% percent effaced and about 1cm dialated. The initial amnio-swab turned out negative, but then I got up and gushed on the bathroom floor again ( ) and I rubbed the extra swab into it and it was positve. Yay! I knew I wasn't just peeing my pants...

My sweet, endearing husband is driving me nuts. He thinks I should be spending all of my time either lying or sitting down and he makes a fuss when I get up to go downstairs for something. I think I'm going to have to call our midwife again and ask her to explain to him that I'm not on bedrest

Congrats on the nap, Wombatclay!
#69 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM

oh marvelleux. i'm so excited for you. i keep coming back to mdc to check on this thread. good luck! i can't wait to "meet" your little one and hear your birth story.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#70 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 PM

Marvelleaux, whoo hoo!!!! More babies!!! Best wishes to you for a smooth and happy birthing.
#71 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Marvelleux - definitely do whatever fun stuff you want to do! With our first, we were so excited and I just kind of sat down and waited, and waited, and waited....it made for a very long wait! With our second, I just kept on with my day and it went much faster. Do something you really enjoy and won't have time to do for a while after the baby is born.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#72 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM

I can't believe that our third DDC baby is coming already! Pretty soon we're gonna be like the May DDC with birth announcements popping up left and right. I'm so excited to get to hear everyone's stories and see all the beautiful new babes. :

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#73 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Is anyone else dealing with increased diziness? I've always had a little dizziness because of low blood pressure but lately the diziness is getting worse. Today in the supermarket I got so dizzy that I had to stop and almost sat right down on the floor. I really felt like I was going to pass out. I just didn't want everyone to freak out like I was in labor or something. I ate a Luna bar and drank some water and kept on going. I was also sweating like crazy when it happened.

Does anyone else deal with this? How do you handle it?

#74 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 01:05 PM

I've been dealing with a lot of light headedness and dizziness, but I figured it was a combination of the PIH blood pressure thing and the inner ear wonkiness caused by this cold/congestion.

Do you have any blood sugar problems? I'm hypoglycemic and I know that if my blood sugar is off I do get dizzy and a bit woozy. Did eating/drinking/putting your feet up for a moment help?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#75 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Okay, so this is silly, but...

Is anyone else reminded of "Alien" here? It's probably just that my abs were a lot more sturdy last time round (I have a huge diastasis this time and almost none last time) but the past few days Roro has been putting on a real show. She'll start wiggling and rolling around and you can literally watch my belly move all over the place from across the room!

She has "pushed" dd off my lap (I can feel Roro bracing her feet and pushing and prodding at dd when dd nurses) and DH can watch my shirt moving up and down and back and forth when he's on the couch and I'm in the armchair (across the room).

I really don't remember being able to "watch" dd move around during the last pregnancy...I mean, I could feel it, and DH could feel it, and at the very end there were lumps or bumps that would appear and sometimes "drift" across my belly. But they were small and not that common. This time though it's like my belly is a blanket with a couple of kittens having an all out battle underneath!

#76 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Okay, so this is silly, but...

Is anyone else reminded of "Alien" here?

This is all I could think of with my first pregnancy.

I have a huge diastis this time too and have noticed the movements much more, as in they are more visible and I can definately feel them a TON more than I did with my ds.

On a different note, is anyone having any kind of anxiety or major nesting? I have been so anxious lately that I am going to go into labor and I am not quite ready yet. I am really anxious because my midwife and I have not been able to schedule a home visit yet and I REALLY want her to be able to know where she is going if it is in the middle of the night. Also I was walking around Target yesterday, and I got so worried that my water was going to break, I freaked myself out so much that I actually had to leave. This is actually affecting my sleep, I wish I could just relax.:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#77 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Another filming of Alien over here. When this little boy gets going, look out. He can be downright painful at times, and easily visable across the room.

I'm am SOOO nesting and anxious right now. Over the last two days I've washed everything in the house that can fit into our washing machine. I got prefolds in the mail on Thursday and they've already gone through the washer twice. They're so nice and fluffy now! All the covers have been washed, all the clothes. My sheets, baby sheets, spare bed sheets, sheets I haven't even used in years (just to fill up a load). All of my summer clothing that I think I stand a chance of fitting, some of it that I know won't fit. It's a good thing I use well water or my bill would be through the roof. I'd be scrubbing everything too but I can't seem to get close enough to anything without the belly getting in the way.
#78 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 04:24 PM

Yes! I am getting VERY anxious. My midwife has been out of town for the past two weeks - so I was so nervous that I would go into labor while she was gone. Luckily, she is back now. Now my anxiety has moved to my MIL. She will be here for the birth - well that is the plan. She arrives two days before my EDD, and I am just hoping this baby stays at least until then. I haven't had any signs to make me think I will be early, but you never know. Just living day by day in high anxiety.

On another note... Today my DH and DD had appointments to get a tetanus shot. My DD is not immunized, but I wanted her to get tetanus because she is outside all the time and there are rusty things all over the place. So when we got there, the nurse said that she couldn't give her the tetanus unless she did the DTaP. Well, I don't want her to have the DTaP. She said she could do Tetanus and Diptheria without the Pertussis only if I had a doctors note. Apparently they don't do tetanus alone. The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off about it. Why does a doctors note over rule me - THE MOM!!!! So, we left without DD getting the shot. Then they gave me TONS of papers on all the vacs - saying I better start vaccinating now because when my DD gets older it will be harder and more traumatizing for her. Whatever.... I am just really annoyed. Plus, if I did the DTaP you could pay by dontation, but if you did Td, you were charged something like $35.
#79 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM

Brookibabe: That is BS! I remember being scratched up by a stray cat when I was younger and going in and getting just tetanus. I know they make a shot with just tetanus for this very reason. Do you know the history behind the whole "rusty nail/tetanus" legend? Tetanus is a disease mainly in horses and the theory is that if that rusty nail was once a nail that held up a barn where a tetanus infected horse lived, AND that tetanus infected horse transmitted the tetanus onto the nail the tetanus could then live for hundreds of years on that nail and be passed onto a human who's broken skin comes into contact with said nail. So it's not all rusty nails or rusty things in general, just rusty things that may carry tetanus from coming into contact with an infected animal.

#80 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM

ack, i just got a call that one of my two midwives is leaving for another state on june 1st. i really hope this baby comes at 37 weeks now to ensure i won't end up with someone i've never even met at delivery....

#81 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 05:32 PM

AND tetanus is only a significant problem when you have a puncture wound where you're not going to have oxygen in contact with the wound edge...so pointy things like nails that puncture (rather than cut) are the bigger risk, but nails certainly aren't the only thing out there that can cause a puncture wound and they're probably not the most common thing out there these days anyway.

But they certainly make tetanus only shots! After all, just about any time an adult is injured they get a tetanus booster...NOT a DTaP. DH and I do a lot of home construction work in old homes and we keep our tetanus boosters up to date, and we've never had a problem. Well, okay, I take that back...about 5 years ago there was a shortage of tetanus boosters available in NY so they were reserved for people with injuries or need. But that's no longer the case.

Grrrr...did they hassle you over DH's booster as well? Or was it just your little one? I'm so sorry they're being idiots...

#82 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 PM

:

brookibabe- so interesting that you brought this up b/c I've been doing tons of research on immunizations (I feel a spreadsheet in the making). As for the Dr saying that it will get traumatic as they get older, in Japan they often don't start immunizing until much later on, like 2-6 yrs old. Consequently, the Japanese have noticed positive health outcomes (like much lower SIDS) since they started vaccinating later in childhood.

Many Drs have absolutely no clue what toxic crap is in immunizations & since most (or how about all) Drs underreport immunization morbidity & morality, no one really knows how bad immunizations are. Stick to your guns. I'm going to try to find a Dr who will work with me on this. There is no way I'm subjecting my baby to anything unless I deem it to be medically indicated.

I'm not sure what road I'm going to take on immunizations. If I do decide to immunize, it will be selective & it will be on my schedule not on the "regular" schedule. I'm already turning down the Hep vaccine at the hospital among the other "Standard" & totally unnecessary procedures.

I feel like there is so much that I need to protect me & my baby from that is just status quo for most. Thank goodness, I have that innate "Question Authority" mindset.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#83 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay View Post
ack, i just got a call that one of my two midwives is leaving for another state on june 1st. i really hope this baby comes at 37 weeks now to ensure i won't end up with someone i've never even met at delivery....
That stinks. That actually happened to me with my son. One of my midwives quit about a week before I delivered. It sucked but if you have one midwife you really trust, then hopefully it will still be okay.
#84 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 06:50 PM

You know, when my DH got his tetanus shot, I belive he had diptheria in with it too. Maybe it was this particular place that I went to that doesn't do tetanus alone. I am definately going to have to do some more research before I try this again. I really hate how they try and scare you into immunizing - basically saying if your kid doesn't get immunized then your kid WILL die. I know that when it comes time for her to go to school (years from now) I am going to have to go through this all over again.:
#85 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 08:45 PM

FWIW DS was only partially immunized before I did the research and decided to stop, he's been to daycare in the past without a problem. He's starting pre-k in a few months. All we had to do was obtain an exemption from the health department - we claimed religious exemption and by law they are not allowed to question you about your choice - it is religious discrimination.

#86 of 99 Old 05-12-2007, 11:02 PM

I was talking with DH about the tetanus thing and he had an idea...it's possible that the stand alone tetanus booster is not considered effective as a "first course" innoculation...meaning that it may not be effective or might have unexpected side effects in a child who hasn't already been exposed through the DTaP or DT vax ("possible"...DH is a science geek and works with all sorts of stuf, but he doesn't work with human vax so he doesn't know...this is just his off the top of his head, only explaination he can think of other than the clinic being stupid).

But I dunno.

I'm feeling a bit bummed out tonight. Our family bedroom is STILL in a state of total jumble and DH has been promising me for weeks now that it will be done "tomorrow". Well, it's been over a month and it's still not done. NOt even close. DH is a wonderful, sweet, amazing, supportive, all round wonderful guy...but he has ADHD and is on a few different meds to help him focus. And sometimes they don't work so well. He starts projects and then they just sort of never get done all the way....but this project HAS to be done before the babe arrives. Our upstairs is literally unusable right now and if it weren't for the fact that I've been sleeping downstairs on the couch I probably would have had a totaly hormonal fit by now. As it is I'm barely hanging on to my sanity!

Today was supposed to be "it"...but then he ran out of a glaze he needed to finish the window. The "20 minute" trip to Lowes turned into an hour and a half since he got distracted (I couldn't go so he was on his own). Then he decided he really needed to go out on the porch to clean the outside of the windows? Then when I came up to see how he was doing I found him using a razor blade to scrape little bits of paint off the floor around the baseboards. And all of this was after I begged him to just finish the room...nothing fancy, nothing amazing, just get the room to a place where furniture could be put back in. Sigh...furniture is still piled up everywhere,the new dressers and bed are still in their boxes (so I haven't been able to put clothes away for over a week since the closet in the room was emptied for painting and so there are just piles of folded clothes here and there on the floor), the co-sleeper is still folded up and in need of airing out/washing, the list just goes on and on!

Sigh...sorry for the vent there. It's just I don't want to yell at him (that wouldn't be fair...he really does work non-stop, he just has trouble focusing even when he has a very clear list so even though he's working sometimes nothing gets done) but I've got to get this off my mind somewhere!

#87 of 99 Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 AM

Happy Mother's Day!!!

wombat- sorry DH is being a pain in the butt. Although I'm glad to be off the tight deadline we had (my friends held my baby shower at my house last week), I am happy that it forced DH to get a bunch of stuff done. He just didn't seem to get the importance of getting certain things done. I wish I had a good suggestion for your DH. Maybe make him a big note with the one thing you want him to get done & stick it in a prominent place (or in his face) when he gets off track!

It's 2:35am & I'm still awake. Argh!!!!!! This on again off again insomnia drives me nuts. I got up & made food for Mother's Day brunch (because I know I will be a disaster in the morning). I really want to be asleep. I guess there are worse things than insomnia & I'm sure it's my body preparing me for baby. Thank goodness for naps.

I have to say that it's nice to get Mother's Day cards & well wishes even though baby is still on the inside. The extra attention helps me to not miss my Mom so much. I have to say that this Mother's Day has been a rough one though & I know it's mostly b/c I'm in my 9th month with my 1st baby. Oh well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Hope you all have a nice day!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#88 of 99 Old 05-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm glad you're getting fussed over, awallrising; I hope the day goes smoothly and you feel loved! DH is in the kitchen making me french toast from the leftover challah (egg bread) I baked on Friday. I have to walk him through the steps, but I can do that from the couch.

Has Jamie posted since yesterday? I'm getting excited about all these labour posts now!
#89 of 99 Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Happy Mother's Day DDC!

enjoy...
#90 of 99 Old 05-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Like Wombat was saying about her DH, I am so blessed to have a caring, hard-working, and really wonderful husband. (And here comes the "big but"...)

I think I have been disappointed by every Mother's Day I've been "eligible" for. First, when I was pregnant in 2003, he didn't do anything for me even though I'd specifically mentioned it. (He's a man, I knew I needed to tell him!)

I guess, to me, a little time/attention is the big deal. I would like him to encourage me to stay in bed late, or to make me breakfast (or take me OUT to breakfast), and I wish he would take DS shopping to get me a present instead of making it easier by going himself and just picking something up on DS's behalf (and he never gets a card "from" DS like I do for him.) He always does something, but... it never seems like anything different than a "typical" holiday. Flowers, gift, a little card... but no extra ATTENTION.

I know I'm a whiny creature. It is more important that he REMEMBERS. I know that.

I think, as a SAHM, it is just that I keep expecting Mother's Day to be the ONE DAY A YEAR that I get rewarded. I don't get raises, promotions, or any of that. So basically when he left for karate this morning (the first time he's been well enough to go exercise in 11 days, so I don't even mind this year!), I was in tears because I felt like he was annoyed I asked him to change DS's poopy diaper and I *KNOW* he thought I was being a b*#%! for asking him to take the pizza box he left on the dining room table two days ago out to the trash in the garage. (Remember: I have no kitchen but a few shelves in the dining room. If it gets cluttered in there, we literally cannot sit down together to eat a meal.)

So I'm kind of depressed. And I miss my mom, too, I guess, which might be adding to my (hormonally charged) bad mood today. Oh, and my in-laws are going to come over here around 11am because they are going to an event all afternoon, so I get to see them on my own with DS because DH will still be at karate. I really just want to be left alone if I can't have *MY* family, you know?

Sorry for the grousing. I feel too pathetic to talk to anyone else about this.

--willo :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page