*~ Spotlight on Dara00 ~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you always lived in NJ?
How long have you been married and how did you meet your DH?
How was your birth with your daughter?
What kind of birth are you planning this time around?
Do you have any fears about birth?
When do you think you'll go into labor?
Are you nervous about having a boy?
What are your hobbies?
What are you most passionate about when it comes to parenting?

That's all I can think of for now, everyone else jump in!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Have you always lived in NJ? Yes, born and raised in NJ, besides for a 7 month semester in Israel in 1999!

How long have you been married and how did you meet your DH? We met in college in 1997. We became friends and then started dating, got married in 2000. So we've been married 6.5 years now.

How was your birth with your daughter? Not so good, I had an emergency c-section after making a lot of mistakes - got to the hospital too early, didn't have time to labor before interventions were done, etc. Her heart rate was all over the place so they operated.

What kind of birth are you planning this time around? I am planning a hospital birth again, but plan to labor at home with a doula and get my vbac.

Do you have any fears about birth? yes, being that I barely went through it last time, I am scared about the pain, and that I won't be able to give birth naturally.

When do you think you'll go into labor? probably on my due date!

Are you nervous about having a boy? yes in a way. I am glad I found out what I'm having so I can get used to the idea. I feel like a girl mom!

What are your hobbies? I write to pen pals. I scrapbook and knit. I read the mothering boards! Also I love reading, traveling, hiking, etc.

What are you most passionate about when it comes to parenting? Trying to be the best mom that I can. Breastfeeding is important to me. Forming a bond with my children.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#3 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM

what is your favorite fruit?
what is your favorite stage of baby/toddlerhood (so far)?
what makes you laugh?
have you dreamed about your new baby?
how was your semester in israel? [i've never been but a friend is trying to get me out there this july for her wedding so i'm curious ]
#4 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM

what is your favorite fruit? Watermelon usually. Also I like grapes, apples, bananas, kiwi...etc!

what is your favorite stage of baby/toddlerhood (so far)? It seems like all the past stages are just blurs to me! When I look at Gabbie's pictures from just last year I can't remember her being that small. But I think we did the best together between ages 10-15 months or so, when she was still a baby and not quite a toddler. Besides that I'd have to say now!

what makes you laugh? When Gabbie acts silly and runs around and is just crazy!

have you dreamed about your new baby? Nope. I didn't have baby dreams last time either though.

how was your semester in israel? Israel is beautiful and well worth a visit! Being there for a whole semester was kind of difficult for me as I was having trouble finding a place within society where I fit in, but the country itself is great! Let me know if you want to know more about it!

#5 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Lets see....

Do you plan to CD, BF, CO-Sleep?

What do you do to relax?

Do you have any hobbies?

~Steph
#6 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 PM

Do you plan to CD, BF, CO-Sleep? No, yes, yes. Co-sleep at least in the beginning anyway. That is what I did with my dd and it worked for us.

What do you do to relax? watch TV and knit. oh and read stuff online.

Do you have any hobbies? see post #2, second to last question.

#7 of 16 Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Where is your favourite Vacation Spot?
What kinds of things do you like to knit?
You said you liked to watch TV to relax... are there any shows you dimply can't miss?
What do you do for work?
#8 of 16 Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Where is your favourite Vacation Spot? anywhere warm...I loved Hawaii and the Carribbean, also Disney World.

What kinds of things do you like to knit? mostly hats but I like to try new things.

You said you liked to watch TV to relax... are there any shows you dimply can't miss? Lost! Grey's Anatomy too.

What do you do for work? I'm a social worker currently working at a school for kids with disabilities. My maternity leave starts on the 22nd and I don't plan to go back afterwards. I need to decide when I should tell my employer!

#9 of 16 Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 AM

What is your favourite piece of maternity clothing?
Why did you join MDC?
Your real name is Dara, but what about the "00"? is it just a double O because you are really secert agent??? j/k
Do you have any pets?
Anything in pregnancy you can't eat or smell?
#10 of 16 Old 05-11-2007, 10:49 AM

What is the most rewarding thing you find about doing social work?
What brought you into that vocation?

My favorite question... Do you have any furbabies? If so, tell us about 'em!

Share with us a hidden talent that you have
#11 of 16 Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM

What is your favourite piece of maternity clothing? I really liked these pants I got at old navy where the top panel is colorful and I didn't mind it sticking out, but not they are too small! I think right now I like this tank top from old navy that is not even a maternity shrirt! it's called trapeze tank I think and it's just built big and comfy.

Why did you join MDC? I joined to get help with my dd in ways that I thought I could relate to. It has been helpful in so many other ways too!

Your real name is Dara, but what about the "00"? is it just a double O because you are really secert agent??? j/k I graduated college in 2000. I started using that as my email address a few years back.

Do you have any pets? yup I have a Scottish Terrier named Rudy. Hmm, I should add him to my siggy!

Anything in pregnancy you can't eat or smell? Not at this point, but in the beginning I have an issue with chicken, esp. cooking it. yuck!

#12 of 16 Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 AM

What is the most rewarding thing you find about doing social work? At this point I'm sort of burnt out by it, but I have liked helping kids discover who they are.

What brought you into that vocation? I always wanted to be a writer, at one point I had an internship at a communication department of a non-profit agency, and I decided I'd rather do the helping of people rather than promoting the programs that would help the people.

My favorite question... Do you have any furbabies? If so, tell us about 'em! My Scottish Terrier Rudy is going to be 4 in July. He's adorable and annoying! He sits on the couch all the time. Sometimes he gets really hyper and runs around and is so funny.

Share with us a hidden talent that you have Hmm...maybe sense of humor or ability to get my way?

#13 of 16 Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 PM

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

, , , and
#14 of 16 Old 05-12-2007, 11:18 PM

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? probably Arizona.

Where is your favorite vacation spot? See post #8!

#15 of 16 Old 05-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Finally, I'm catching up on all of the Spotlights - I did well during the first few, but lost touch when I had the baby ...

Are you going to be disappointed if your VBAC fails? I was miserable

Why Arizona? Dry but warm? It's getting expensive there, isn't it?

Why do people make fun of New Jersey - like in the movie "Madagascar", the tiger says "you're on the Jersey side of this sesspool!" What is up between New York and New Jersey?

Have you ever been to Canada?

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#16 of 16 Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Are you going to be disappointed if your VBAC fails? I was miserable Yes, I think it will be very hard for me as I really want a vaginal birth. I told my dh that I won't have any more kids if I have another c-section because it will be really hard for me to have a vba2c (there's no way he'd go for the home birth thing). I need to somehow prepare myself for the possibility of having a c-section and still being happy with the birth.

Why Arizona? Dry but warm? It's getting expensive there, isn't it? My grandmother lives in Scottsdale and I think it's beautiful! I love the weather. I don't know about the expensiveness! I probably won't end up there so I haven't really looked into it.

Why do people make fun of New Jersey - like in the movie "Madagascar", the tiger says "you're on the Jersey side of this sesspool!" What is up between New York and New Jersey? Hmm, haha! I guess it's because when you're driving in NJ you only see the highways and the traffic and refineries and you don't get to see the good parts of the state. I actually like some of it! NY and NJ have a rivalry!

Have you ever been to Canada? yup I've been to Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver, and the Yukon.

Thanks for the questions!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page