Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   June 2007 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/383-june-2007/)
-   -   Marv as a watched pot (http://www.mothering.com/forum/383-june-2007/672743-marv-watched-pot.html)

Marvelleaux 05-11-2007 11:50 PM

I figure it's time to stop usurping the weekly thread and start my own!

So my water broke this morning right around 10 AM. My midwife came over and did an amnio-swab which amusingly was negative. She checked me and I was 60% effaced and just a tip dilated. She left me with another swab should I gush again, which I did a few hours after she left. This time the swab was clearly positive. Skip ahead a few hours...

My In-laws came over for dinner and around 6 PM I had a single contraction that was very much like my BH's (which many of you might be aware from all my griping, have always been pretty intense). After dinner I went to lie down on the couch and I wasn't there for long when I had another contraction and felt a trickl run down the side of my leg (I was lying on my right side). I got up to go take care of the problem discreetly and WHOOOSH, it was just like in a dumb movie--fluid everywhere! It soaked through my clothes and left a trail as I hauled butt to the bathroom. My FIL announced that they were going home now

Right now I'm sitting on a disposable pee-pee pad made for housetraining puppies. Everytime I move amniotic fluid comes flying out in quantity so this seems like the best solution. Contractions come when I'm lying down so I'm about to go to bed and read for awhile before going (hopefully) to sleep. I just don't know how well I'm going to sleep feeling like I'm constantly peeing the bed but I'll do my best.

Thanks for listening! I'll update more as things progress!

wombatclay 05-12-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:
disposable pee-pee pad made for housetraining puppies

You'd think a forum with so many pregnant and expecting mamas would have a watched-pot smilie, now wouldn't you?

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it. Hope you have a wonderful night, and quick and peaceful birth, and enough "spare" time in the morning to fill us in on the joys of babe!

hugs and wishes...

Keeping up 05-12-2007 12:15 AM

First good luck - it is exciting

Second - gosh I am getting very scared - I cannot handle being much earlier than 39 weeks. I need one more month.

I still remember when my water broke with #2 - I wore a kids diaper as a big 'pad' to the hospital - the nurses thought the idea was hysterical. I still don't get what was so funny.

Relax and have fun - birth is such an amazing thing. Sleep now as you will never sleep again!

Ks Mama 05-12-2007 12:33 AM

Wow! Oh my gosh, this is getting so exciting!

When is/was your due date Marv???

Jilian 05-12-2007 12:49 AM

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a peaceful birth. I can't wait to hear all about it. : If you're feeling chatty I'm sure all of us will be obsessively checking back on this thread to cheer you on.

WhiteWax 05-12-2007 01:13 AM

:rofl
Your whole post cracked me up... from you FIL to the pee pad!!!! he he he

Very exciting indeed... hope things go quickly once they really start!

momtokay 05-12-2007 01:27 AM

oh this is so exciting!!! i remember that constantly leaking that comes post water breaking. lol!!! i hope you're sleeping well now and holding that sweet baby soon!

todavia 05-12-2007 01:37 AM

very exciting...
sending you smooth and speedy labor wishes.

vannienicole 05-12-2007 02:12 AM

Jilian 05-12-2007 10:38 AM

Sooo........how's our watched pot doing this morning. Any boiling going on?

momof2girls1boy 05-12-2007 10:47 AM

i don't know about anyone else but i'm dying for an update!!! could no news be good news:

herbmama3-7 05-12-2007 10:52 AM

I am thinking no news IS good news! Marv, hope everything wen/is going beautifully!

Marvelleaux 05-12-2007 11:17 AM

Hi guys--the good news is that I was able to sleep some! Still no baby yet, but contractions are up and running and I spent the night dumping what seemed like gallons of amnio fluid. I used up all the pee-pee pads by 1 AM and my husband went out to the store to buy an assortment of adult hygene products and probably to panic a little .

When he got home I had already soaked the bed and together we changed the sheets and put a shower curtain underneath. Then I slapped on a diaper and slept for an entire hour! Whoo-hoo! The diapers are awesome. Words I never thought I'd hear myself say...

Anyhow, the contractions are still pretty mild but they're definately doing something. I feel them mostly in my sides right now and when they come I visualize a curtain being drawn open.

I feel GOOD. So much better than the past two weeks. I think I've probably lost about 8 lbs in water weight both from retention (been peeing like an elephant) and amnio fluid, but I'm chugging water to try and keep a good balance. It would be super easy to get dehydrated right now.

Husband is being a superstar.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! At this point I don't think Wattlet is going to come today. I think s/he is waiting for Mother's Day!

Marvelleaux 05-12-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks Mama View Post
...When is/was your due date Marv???
June 1st. My water broke at exactly 37 weeks--the day my midwife could legally deliver me

Jilian 05-12-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelleaux View Post
June 1st. My water broke at exactly 37 weeks--the day my midwife could legally deliver me
Nice! What a good little baby. A mother's day baby would be so sweet. I'm happy you are doing well and feeling good.

Ks Mama 05-12-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelleaux View Post
Then I slapped on a diaper and slept for an entire hour! Whoo-hoo! The diapers are awesome. Words I never thought I'd hear myself say...
LOL! I walked around with handtowels rolled up between my legs the day & night after my water broke! Never thought about diapers! HAHAHAHAHA!

NCMomworld 05-12-2007 12:32 PM

How exciting!! Easy/Relaxed labor vibes to you

willoLevin 05-12-2007 12:40 PM

You have my thoughts with you, Marvelleaux!

Best wishes for an easy, peaceful labor and birth.

--willo

wombatclay 05-12-2007 01:37 PM

I am SO adding dipes to my target shopping list today!

Have fun Marv...I'm so glad things are going well and that your little one had such good birth manners to "wait"!

Rest up, enjoy, have fun, and let us know how this goes....

awallrising 05-12-2007 01:45 PM

Marv, Hope the birth goes smoothly & you get a nice little Mother's Day present. It's getting pretty exciting around here. I hope I go early but not until sometime in June.

My doula just suggested the pee-pee pads but maybe I'll swipe a few of my Gmas dipes. I too can't believe I'm saying that.

Good luck and best wishes for a happy healthy baby!

momof2girls1boy 05-12-2007 01:47 PM

what a beautiful mother's day gift

momtokay 05-12-2007 06:24 PM

thinking of you!!! btw, my water broke at exactly 37 weeks with my second. she was 7lb 2oz and oh so ready to be born. can't wait for your next update. hope everything is going well!!!!

PatchChild 05-12-2007 09:50 PM

hmmm, no updates in quite a while. I hope you're cuddling your babe right now!

Marvelleaux 05-12-2007 09:53 PM

No babe as of yet... Lots of bloody show and contractions starting to take hold... Oh so sleepy

basset 05-12-2007 10:20 PM

Wow!!!!! That is great!!!!!! I love the diaper idea... I have to head off this weekend for some!!!! Okay, Now I am excited because that means it is just a bit till we all have our babes. Good luck!!!!

dara00 05-13-2007 12:14 AM

good luck!

firefly mama 05-13-2007 12:18 AM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! A baby is on its way!!!

jstar 05-13-2007 04:27 AM

exciting! you could be holding your babe by now :

sebarnes 05-13-2007 04:32 AM

Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear the news!

OTMomma 05-13-2007 08:47 AM

What a wonderful mother's day present!!! Hope your birthing is easy and you are back soon to tell us so!