Weekly Thread *~May 14 - May 20th ~* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another week closer to June.... We have two so far.... how many do you think will go this week?!??!?!?

Every one ready?

Carrying on from last weeks thread...

Corri hey I'm still here and babe is right where we left her... it was prodromol. Also.... Challah bread french toast?!?!??!? I am sooooooo jelous! I haven't had any in YEARS but I rave about how good it is! Thinking about it making my mouth water!

Willo I'm glad things perkyed up a little bit for you... I know it's not the most direct approach but I was going to mention that every year before Mothers Day you tell DS that he should make Mommy breakfast in bed! Just thought it would be cute... but of course the talk still needs to be had with DH

For MY mothers day EX invited me and DD over for waffles somthered in berries, chocolate, whipped cream, caramel... the works... it was very yummy. I also got flowers and a card "from" DD and a card and gift from him.
I have to share this card with you all...

Front: Happy Mother's Day, or, as it should be called, "The one day that everyone is required to finally recognize all the sacrifices, hard work, and important contributions made by mothers, who are the most important people in the whole world!"

Inside: It should be called that, but they couldn't fit all those words in the little squares on most calendars.
Then he wrote some mushy gushy things inside that made me want to cry and slap him all at once for leaving me and not working on things!
#2 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Whitewax: Did he ever say anything about you telling him to "S**** or get off the pot?"

I'm still hanging out here and not feeling done with pregnancy yet. I'd like to stay pregnant for another week please : I've been having bouts of regular contractions each day but they just end up going away. I'm enjoying getting a bunch of last minute house stuff done with this extra time. DH and I have been getting tons of house projects done these past few weeks - more than we've done in the whole past year!

On mother's day I watched my sister's 3 month old son. We went to DH's mom's and my mom's with the baby and DS. It was crazy because her baby is cutting two teeth. It was a sneak preview of what is to come and it scared me! But DS did so good and helped so much, he's gonna be such a sweet big brother.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#3 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Well hello ladies! Here I am, starting my 38th week, done with work, and READY FOR BABY! I'm ready for my babymoon, too!! I'm so emotional and physically encumbered...lying around with a beautiful newborn sounds perfect right now!

Mother's Day was emotional...last year on Mother's Day was when I heard this baby try to communicate with me. I hadn't had that happen with the other ones, but I'd heard of it...We were camping on the river and while I was on a walk alone I suddenly realized I was having a conversation in my head with somebody! It was a spirit wanting to come to our family and I was saying "no, I don't think this is a good time" and feeling really trippy all day!! Then a couple months later I had a dream that I was being followed/ pursued by this young female mountain lion and I was trying to get away from her. Two months later I was taken over by a desire to get pregnant and we were a week after our conversation/agreement to try. Intense!

But this year I'm pregnant and trying to embrace my kids but feeling just bummed out by their behavior yesterday...my oldest is really challenging for me, and I'm just ready for him to be more pleasant. So I took a long walk and realized I can't do that anymore- my tailbone/sacrum hurt SO bad afterwards that I cried.

At least it's good weather!! And I am going to get a massage today!!!!!!!!!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#4 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Ohhhh a massage, mataji! I can't wait... I'll be having them weekly starting next Thursday!

I had a visit with my back up doula this morning. You guys might remember my doula is going on vacation a few days after my due date. I had a little anxiety about having a "back up"... but after today it's all good. I know both of them really well through our organization, and I think they both have great things about them. And they both understand what I'm going for with this birth and what type of support I'll probably want/need. My back up doula has actually attended 218 births, while my doula has attended I think 10 or so. But as I said, both of them are great. My back up even said if I wanted her there too she'd be fine with that. It's nice to have the option. So either way, I'll be fine with it now. I'm looking at it like if I go between 37-40 weeks, one doula will be there, and from 40-42 weeks, the other will be there. I'm content. Ahhhh that feels good to say. I'm content!!

My home visit is on Wednesday. I can't believe it's time already.
#5 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 04:17 PM

I think I spend too much time checking posts on our ddc, I mean I really need to get a life: . I am just so anxious to find out about babies and everything, this is a very exciting time.

I am feeling pretty good, been having a lot of contractions, (BH), I am happy to know my body is gearing up and getting ready. I still haven't been able to set up a home visit with my MW which is really starting to freak me out. I can't get ahold of her, ( I could if I really needed too, but don't feel I should really bug her), I think she must have had a birth this weekend or something, but I really must have the home visit scheduled. Once that is done then I can relax and just wait for the little blessing. Well not for another week or so at least. I am really starting to hate the comments that I get from people, comments on how big I am.: I am kind of petite, but I have a VERY large, VERY ROUND belly, everywhere I go people comment or stare. I am starting to not want to go anywhere, and I lie about my due date to strangers. I am big, I know I am big, but really where are the manners? People should really know that you don't comment to a pregnant women, especially if you have been pregnant before!!!!:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#6 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
Challah bread french toast?!?!??!? I am sooooooo jelous! I haven't had any in YEARS but I rave about how good it is! Thinking about it making my mouth water!...
Best challah french toast I know of is from Zaftig's (Jewish style, not kosher) restaurant in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, MA. If you are ever in Boston, you should go there. (I used to live in that neighborhood when I was single. DH and I had our first date at Zaftig's, and that's where he took me the evening that he proposed. )

In other news, my holiday-induced depression is totally gone. I think I'm just kind of bad at holidays. I feel great today. It helps that I keep getting better and better nights' sleep now that my cough is fading. (Still some coughing, like if I talk too much or breathe too deeply, but, really, feel trivial now!)

And, in my kitchen...
I HAVE COUNTERTOPS! Woo hoo! :
They look really pretty.

And, on Wednesday, they say a great man called a plumber will appear in my home, and he will make water runneth forth from my faucets, and we shall all wash our hands whenever we wish.

Is it extravagant that, now that I see all the other new stuff in the kitchen, I want to buy a new ceiling light fixture? It is only the one fixture (small 12 x 12 ft room), and it seems like a pretty small expense compared to the whole kitchen, but, then again, it isn't something I budgeted for... And I don't know quite yet how much over our proposal the actual expenses went... Not too much, I hope--they had to do the new plumbing vent pipe (1/2 day of plumber work) and the electricians had to run new wires from the service to the kitchen since the old ones weren't grounded (not sure how much extra time that took.) I would wait and see how much I spent, then buy a fixture based on how much money I have left, except it would obviously be so much easier to have the electrician hook up a new fixture when he's here Thursday doing our finish electrical work already. (But, really, how hard is it to install a new fixture? I will most likely play it safe and put the old one back up for now. It is very neutral--just a little boring.)

Now, DS is ASKING for a nap! Hey, how can a mommy turn that request down? Plus, the little darling pooped on the potty both yesterday and today. I am SOOOOOO ready for him to be at least poop-potty trained! Changing wet ones never bothers me--fast & easy. Dealing with stinky preschooler poop has been one of the challenges of this pg, though, and, lately, it is really hard to get him up on the changing table or me down on the floor for those messy changes... Praying to the potty training gods here...

--willo
#7 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 05:38 PM

So we slept in the 'new' family bedroom last night! Well, not till a little after midnight (DD and I were smooshed into the living room armchair, sort of sleeping before than while DH finished putting together the bed) and it only has the big bed and the toddler bed in it right now, but hey! It's a real live room!

DD has all 4 of her two year molars halfway through and is being a real cranklette. Not that I blame her of course, but ugh...I just don't have th energy to bethe font of endless cuddles/boom-booms/stories/etc. I'm so swollen and so tired. And all of a sudden I have heartburn to beat the band! For a month everything was fine, but now it's like I took a big slug of acid or something. But this cold is 998% GONE now so I'm not going to complain while I pop my grocery store antacids.

I don't know if it was the nice weather, or the energy of being less sick, or some twisted nesting hormone moment, but I cleaned off our back porch this morning. I sort of over did it and am puffier than normal and very out of breath (silly pregnant PIH lady!) but the porch looks great! Well, better than it did anyway. So I'm happy.

Now to get furniture and other goodies arranged upstairs and the house will be baby ready! One more week please...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#8 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Willo, you'll post pictures of the kitchen once it's done right? The rest of us are really living vicariously through you. The hideous pink counter tops in my kitchen keep mocking me.

My diapers arrived in the mail the other day and I got so excited! How silly, I know, but I'm thrilled. This weekend I got baskets for the baby room to store them in and evrything looks so good. I find myself wandering into the nursery to sit and read. I have a feeling this room is going to get more use before the babe is born than after, since I'm not planning to use the crib much for sleeping, maybe just some naps now and then.

My other fun was finally breaking down and buying myself a MT carrier. I'm so excited!! I have a ring sling and a pouch but I've been oohing over MT's for ages. I just couldn't resist.

Anyone else impulse buying, or finishing buying?
#9 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Wombat: How wonderful and exciting about the bedroom!!!! It must be such a relief to finally be in there!

Willo: Changing out light fixtures isn't terribly hard but if it wont break you to get a new one... GO for it! If you're going all out, go ALLLLLL out... imo.

As for the potty training, we are doing that here too! It really is the MOST exciting thing in the world right now!!! DD has only been wearing a diaper to bed and this morning she even woke up with that diaper dry! I find it very helpful being THIS pregnant... every time I have to pee I tell her that we are both going to go try and she doesn't argue with me about it anymore. (she's 2 and ummmm.... hmmmm.... 8 months.... 10 months? who can keep track?). She stays dry through the day and is very happy to have PRINCESS UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! She even told me that she had to go potty at the resturant yesterday and pooped there! he he he, this is the kind of thing only other mothers of toddlers can appreciate (and not be grossed out that I'm talking about it )

Jilian: and any one else who's wondering.... He did tell me. I guess he decided to BE a $#*! AND get off the pot! I asked him if he had come to a decision and he told me he was done. I then told him, fine and that I DO NOT want to talk about it all anymore then. I sent him an e-mail yesterday about labor and expressing my feeling about whether or not I want him there and why. (still undecided) He wrote back with another long winded email about how miserable he was in our relationship and how we are great friends but it cant work out right now and blah blah blah. I was furious and I would like to share the end of my e-mail back to him with any one who is interested. I am quite proud of myself:
Quote:
this e-mail was just about labor. I'm not begging for
you to take me back. I dont want to come back. Why
would I want to be with some one who so adimetly
doesn't want to be with me and tells me how unhappy I
make them? BUT.... because I still love you it
HURTS! It HURTS to not have the family that we
started, it hurts to not be with you, it hurts to love
you like I do and know how unhappy I make you. Just
because it hurts me and I cry sometimes, doesn't mean
I'm trying to "win you over" or "guilt" you into
making things work.. I cry because it HURTS! It's a
loss and I'm suffering.

Get it? I'm hurt. I dont want to hear your crap
anymore about how aweful I was or how aweful things
would be if we were together. I'm done.

Jamie

he acctually called me to "talk" to me about his e-mail.... I just reitereated these points..... How did I do? I need a lil pat on the back ladies... I know this is getting annoying but I do appreciate the encouragement.

How'd I do?
#10 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 08:07 PM

Not annoying at all - and you certainly DO deserve a pat on the back! I think you did very well because you explained your feelings and also made it clear that your feelings weren't because you wanted him back, they were because you were dealing with your emotions. You must have felt so good getting the email out and then backing it up with a phone call! I'm impressed and proud of you It takes a strong person to admit hurt to the person who did the hurting.

Even though I've already had Carys, can I update you on our situation here still? She's been home since Saturday with a bili blanket - she's been sleeping in her car seat because it keeps her nicely on the bili blanket and all snug and toasty. On Sunday, we had her bili #s checked and they had gone up a bit, so we're going back tomorrow for a recheck. Hopefully, she'll be off the bili blanket by tomorrow morning for good! My c-section is healing well, too.

She is soooooooo tiny. I never thought I'd have a premie, and I never thought that my premie would be so complete. She is a perfectly proportioned little baby - but just tiny. It's surreal. I'm so in love with her and I am wishing that all of you get to hold and cuddle your babies in a healthy and timely manner.

Oh, and some big news: I'm down by 13.5 lbs already! Only about 13 more to go

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#11 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM

Whitewax: Good job! You've come so far in such a short time. You should feel proud of yourself!

Shannon: I hope you keep posting, it's nice to hear from a mom who is on the other side. Oh, and feel free to post pics of your sweet little bundle of joy so we can all admire her. I never get tired of looking at baby pics. I hope the appt goes well and she comes off the billi blanket soon.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM

WhiteWax, you definitely deserve that pat on the back! You're exactly right that you deserve to have the chance to experience your pain and to grieve the loss of your relationship *without* him thinking that means you want to go backward. Good for you for realizing it and for telling him so!

*** Warning: Unsolicited Advice - read at your own risk! ***
There may be many wonderful things about your ex, but emotional maturity is clearly not among them. My advice would be to *not* have him at the birth. He's caused you a lot of pain and that's the last thing you need to be thinking about while you're in labor. He can't be the support you need at that time. Sure, call him right away when the baby is born so he can meet his child, but there's no reason he needs to be there before that.
*** End unsolicited Advice ***

GenomicsGirl, of course you should keep posting! Congratulations to you and good luck tomorrow.

So I've achieved a new level of nesting today. I got a Green Cone for my birthday from DH and it was delivered Saturday. We also had DD's birthday party on Saturday and that included out of town houseguests, so the weekend was busy. This afternoon I had nothing pressing to do, so I thought I'd get started digging the hole to install the thing. I dug the entire hole (30" diameter and 24" deep in hard packed, rocky soil) and installed the thing. Hopefully I won't go into labor in the next 48 hours. If I do, I'm going to feel like a real putz!
#13 of 96 Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 PM

I went out to work in the garage this afternoon while the kids rode bikes and played in the drive way. Due to our downstairs flooding and all of the mess that entails, I need to temporarily move some stuff out there until the new carpet is installed downstairs.

The first thing I saw was the carseat waiting to be installed. I had planned on waiting until June, but I need the space in the garage, so I decided to move it. This involved rearranging all of the carseats, folding one of the captain's chairs down, and then installing all of the carseats in the van. when I got the baby's carseat installed and moved the straps down to the lowest setting, it was a shocker. I had forgotten how tiny new babies are! It is hard to remember my children ever being that small.

And...whoever came up with the idea of stadium seating in a van did not have small children in carseats! I moved ds's Regent and dd's Triumph to the rear row and they stick up so much higher. Driving is going to be a different experience.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#14 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Morning, ladies!

WhiteWax, french toast is so super-easy to make at home! It's even fabulous with store-bought bread. I highly recommend putting challah on your shopping list (unless you live in an area like mine where there's only one obscure bakery that sells it; I just make my own) and treating yourself in the morning.

boheime, you've reminded me that I have to call and make an appointment to get our car seat installed! The local fire station doesn't do it; according to one of the women at our prenatal class, we have to call someone at the local hospital and make an appointment to get it done. : I'm tempted just to do it ourselves, but the instruction book is the size of a phone book, and is pretty intimidating. I'll have to suck it up and call today.

I spent half of Friday filling out paperwork for my maternity leave, and I have to remember to call them and give them my direct deposit information as well. Too many things to remember! My brain feels very small and fuzzy lately.
#15 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM

I have no motivation today! Come on mamas...I need a virtual kick in the pants! I've got hospital and maternity leave paperwork I have to fill out, dishes to put away, dishes to load into the washer, laundry to sort/fold, and rooms to organize!

Come back nesting hormones of the morning! I need you!

off I go...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#16 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Just had my MW appointment, had a scare, she couldn't tell if the baby was head down or not, felt a really big fat butt. She asked to do a vaginal just o make sure. I wasn't going to have one done, but I'll admit I was so curious to know if anything was "happening" that I thought checking the position of baby was a good excuse . Anyway baby was down. Turns out I have softened quite a bit and only a fingertip-ish dialated. I asked if being efaced and dialated meant anything like a sooner birth, she basically said it meant more that the birth would be quicker when it does happen, not that I could go a couple weeks early. So I will buckle down for the long haul and just pray I don't go later, just on time at least.:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#17 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Wombat, I couldn't find a kick-in-the-pants smilie, but I think if your body is telling you to rest, then do it! Take the rest now while you can!

#18 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Wombat... didn't you JUST stop being sick????? I know you want to nest and get things done but dont forget to take it easy sometimes too.

i want to nest like MAD sometimes but I'm not "allowed" do really do anything here at my Mom's house except dishes.... which I can't do because I can't really reach the sink :

There is soooooooooooo much STUFF here! In the living room, the "kitchen" the "dining" room... even the BASEMENT!!!! There is noooooooooo space and just soooooooo much paper clutter i want to cry!

On a brighter note I had a MW appointment today... she was very nice and understanding (there are 3 MW in the practice and this was the first time I saw this one since the "split"). She said baby felt like she was BIGGER than DD, but she coudln't tell HOW big becuase she didn't know how much of her head was in my pelvis. DD was 6lbs 11 oz.... at birth.... not 20 days before due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How big could this babe get?!?!?!?!?

Oh and by the way... yes I said 20 days.... 20 days before ME due date, the 5th.... those of you who are due ahead of me... oh yeah, it's countdown time!

Speaking of.... where is Marv with that Baby???? Did I miss it?
#19 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
Wombat... didn't you JUST stop being sick????? I know you want to nest and get things done but dont forget to take it easy sometimes too.

i want to nest like MAD sometimes but I'm not "allowed" do really do anything here at my Mom's house except dishes.... which I can't do because I can't really reach the sink :

There is soooooooooooo much STUFF here! In the living room, the "kitchen" the "dining" room... even the BASEMENT!!!! There is noooooooooo space and just soooooooo much paper clutter i want to cry!

On a brighter note I had a MW appointment today... she was very nice and understanding (there are 3 MW in the practice and this was the first time I saw this one since the "split"). She said baby felt like she was BIGGER than DD, but she coudln't tell HOW big becuase she didn't know how much of her head was in my pelvis. DD was 6lbs 11 oz.... at birth.... not 20 days before due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How big could this babe get?!?!?!?!?

Oh and by the way... yes I said 20 days.... 20 days before ME due date, the 5th.... those of you who are due ahead of me... oh yeah, it's countdown time!

Speaking of.... where is Marv with that Baby???? Did I miss it?
Im plugging my ears, wheres the finger in ears smilie? I didnt just hear you say that you have less than 20 days left which means I have even less, nope
#20 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 PM

i got paranoid that mine wasn't head down because he seems so BIG to have his head down in my pelvis. but yep he's down there. and he's really killing my cervix
#21 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Don't worry Whitewax, you won't grow a baby that is too big to deliver vaginally. The only exception is if you have a major hip deformation - which you probably don't because you've given birth to an almost 7 lb baby. I'm on the small side and gave birth to a 7 lb 5 oz baby with a nuchal hand without a problem.

20 days huh? That means I have 19, so tomorrow would be 18. Wow. I'm hoping to stay pregnant for another weekend so I can do some unnecessary house stuff and maybe go out to dinner one more time before the baby comes. I had a talk with the baby today and told him he can come whenever he is ready and that we'd work together to have a nice birth. The only problem is that my MW is out of town today and tomorrow at a conference and my mother cannot watch DS if I go into labor in Thursday. Sooo, I'd not like to go into labor in the next few days.

I wonder who will be next. I hope Marvelleaux is doing well too. I hope she's just cuddling her baby and that is why we haven't heard from her.

#22 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 10:40 PM

Yes - I'm crossing my fingers for Marv!!!

Carys' bili #s were up to 15.7 today, so she's still stuck on the bili blanket until Thursday at the earliest. She can be off of it to nurse and when she's awake (rarely), so we definitely get some good cuddle-time

#23 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 PM

I think I am moodier than usual (even for pg me) the past couple of days.

Have I complained about my weight gain, yet? Maybe I was too irritated/embarrassed about it. : Now, it could be that I put on water weight at my last prenatal visit (5 pounds in two weeks, during the time I was sick and thought I was barely eating, when the weather got quite warm.) Still, I seem to be up 35 pounds from my pre-pg weight. I really thought I was going to do "better" this time (weight-wise.) Not that it was a huge problem, and I did end up losing it all (and then another 15 pounds when I actually dieted/worked at it last spring), but I'm kind of terrified that I'm going to gain the extra 10 pounds which is all it will take to push me up over 200# again. That was really... depressing? an unwanted milestone?... for me last time. I thought I'd be fine with an extra 15 pounds of "cushion" (of "lean-ness") this time. Feh.

Actually, today was a fine day, though walking around the bookstore for my whopping 3 hours of work was EXHAUSTING.

I took a nap again this afternoon. I'm actually trying to make it a habit for me to nap while DS does in the afternoon. Last time, the newborn to 7+ months period was almost debilitatingly exhausting for me. DS wasn't a good sleeper, and I never got good at napping, and I tend to think my anemia made it all just a touch harder, too. So I'm trying to make napping a habit NOW. Maybe then I'll be able to do it with the baby, too.

I guess I need to go to bed. Maybe all the napping is making me grumpy? (DH generally holds that I will be grumpy after an afternoon nap...)

I did order a few baby clothes today. Hanna Andersson has their organic jammies on sale (half price!) and they are DS's favorites. They were out of all his size, but I did get some for the baby, plus a couple of cute items for both kids that were also on clearance... I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. Only one item is gender-specific for the baby, so it wasn't too much of a silly splurge, right?

--willo
#24 of 96 Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Hannah Anderson is so tempting! I've found it hard to justify paying that much money for clothes, but they are super cute!

I used to get grumpy when I had afternoon naps, too. But since having kids, all that has changed. I'm eternally exhausted so a nap does me some good. Of course, I took two 2-hour naps with the baby today and I'm up now past 10pm. I am basically working on a 24-hour schedule now of up for a few, down for a few. Not seeing too much of my 2 boys, but I need to take care of the baby while I have some extra hands to take care of the other two. It will all be over on Tuesday, when dh goes back to work! I have to take advantage of my napping ability while I can!

#25 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

willo fwiw... I get crabby if i nap for too long. I get really groggy and SUPER tired and just want to sleep more if I nap for the whole 2 hours (with DD) but I find that if I either a) do something for the first 1/2 hour - to an hour after she falls asleep and THEN nap things are a bit smoother.... or B) Lay down RIGHT away with DD and wake up before her.... this one lets me wake up a little more gradually and when I'm "done" napping... not when she is. Dont know if that will work for you or not, just my own two cents. I'm a BIG fan of napping... oh... and I've been SUPER moody today and yesterday too. short and snippy with just about everyone!
#26 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 AM

#27 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 AM

Good morning, all!

Maybe I'm just more tired and more uncomfortable because my mood is just fine again as of now. Poor DH always gets the tired, grumpy wife in the evening...

GenomicsGirl-- Good luck with the bili levels. This time, I've talked to our ped about bili blankets as DS had levels of 20-something and had to be re-admitted to the hospital for two days when he was about 8 days old. It was super-stressful, and part of me hopes that misery is what led to our nursing problems!

Oh, and Hanna Andersson *IS* expensive, but, on the other hand, I really do think their (her?) clothes last forever somehow--growth-wise, I mean. DS has been wearing the same cotton pjs for well over a year in which he's gone through 3 sizes of regular clothes. I also love the Oko-tek organic standards, of course, and the colors. I pretty much exclusively buy things on sale, too. There is a Hanna outlet in Oregon where I go with mom, and another in Maine where a friend makes regular pilgrimages and brings stuff back for me here. The long-john pjs and the pilot cap hats are worth paying full price for, IMHO, though. They really are that great. (Those pilot caps keep the ears warm--perhaps the reason DS has never had an ear infection?) We also have one of their "Survivor Jacket" sweatshirts, which is the first over-layer DS reaches for every time. I don't want to pay full price to replace it, but I think I've decided we can't live without one of those when this one gets outgrown...

On napping:
Well, as an insomniac, I'm fairly well read on how one "ought" to nap, I'm just incapable of doing the proper short (20-30 min) daytime sleep! I'm seriously trying to readjust my whole rhythm right now to allow for shorter nights and more daytime rest. It feels like I wouldn't survive another 7 month trial of sleeplessness like I did with DS!

Plumbers are coming today, and should be here any moment, so I'm heading downstairs. Ladies, do you realize that I should have RUNNING WATER IN MY KITCHEN by the end of today?!?

--willo
#28 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Vanessa I hope your trip goes well and baby stays in until you return.

Willo Yay for running water!

I've been so tired lately too, but never get around to napping. I always feel super groggy and never the same again if I nap for more than 15 mins at a time. I've been just laying down on the couch while DS watches a movie and that helps a little. DS has been off the wall lately, I think he knows the baby is coming. His father's GF just had a baby not too long ago so maybe that change is hard for him and makes him realize what it's going to be like to have a baby here at his house. Its like someone kidnapped my nice little guy and replaced him with a crazy kid who loves to swear now. It's been really stressfull and I'm scared it will get worse when the baby arrives. I'm having panicked "WTH did I get myself into?" thoughts.

#29 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoLevin View Post
GenomicsGirl-- Good luck with the bili levels. This time, I've talked to our ped about bili blankets as DS had levels of 20-something and had to be re-admitted to the hospital for two days when he was about 8 days old. It was super-stressful, and part of me hopes that misery is what led to our nursing problems!

That's exactly why I'm hoping that by tomorrow (day 9), her bili levels will have dropped off even just the slightest bit - once she has peaked, we're in the clear. Ds1's levels never got higher than 18 - but he had major bruising from the vacuum. Ds2 was a different story because of the blood incompatibility - his #s were in the 20s within a few hours of birth. Carys' #s are acting like typical newborn/premie #s, so I hope they go down before they get too high. I don't want to have to readmit her

#30 of 96 Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 PM

Jilian - as requested (I can't resist an offer to show off my new babe ):

I took these pictures of Carys last night at midnight (yes, our routine is still flexible):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...irl/Carys3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...irl/Carys4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...irl/Carys2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...irl/Carys1.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page