transverse at 35 1/2 weeks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any advice for getting this baby into position?!??? I've been settling down into a cat pose for the past 2 days, elevating my hips and walking. Kinda freaking out at the possibility of a breech. My daughter was a star gazer and I'm actually HOPING for this one to be one, too. eeek
#2 of 16 Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Check out spinningbabies.com, pulsatilla homeopathic, moxibustion from an acupuncturist with prenatal experience, and the webster technique by a licensed chiropractor. Also check the birthright midwifery website and there are lists of things to try.

Good luck. I'll keep you and your babe in my thoughts. My twins and I are working on positioning too. It's stressful.

xo
#3 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Yep, all that. Sending you good vibes... I'm breech, too, at 36 weeks.

I'm going to try having an external version done next week. Not my first choice, but if that's what it takes to get the kiddo to flip...
#4 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 05:35 PM

There was a thread a while back where I posted about using an ice pack in a warm bath of water - did you try that? It worked for me and a few other people I know. I can try to find the thread for you if you want.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#5 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

thank you all for your help! I love the spinning babies site ... trying everything and feeling like the bean is starting to get the hint. I'm interested in the ice pack/warm bath ... I'll look around for it. but if you know where to find it--I would appreciate it.

Thank you thank you
#6 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, Jilian

I found your post and i'm going to try it tonight.
#7 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
There was a thread a while back where I posted about using an ice pack in a warm bath of water - did you try that? It worked for me and a few other people I know. I can try to find the thread for you if you want.
ooof, i wanna see, please!
#8 of 16 Old 05-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobys View Post
ooof, i wanna see, please!
I bumped a breech thread with the warm tub/icepack trick in it. I hope it helps!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#9 of 16 Old 05-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Still breech here too!! I'm 36.5 weeks & have "low fluid levels"... so might be on a clock here.

Still seeing my chiro 2x per week & perhaps visiting an accupuncturist this week.

Going to be doing slant board exercises and/or butt in the air poses as much as possible this week.

Also, my chiro recommended swimming & walking a LOT.

Repeat after me, as much as possible: HEADS DOWN HEADS DOWN HEADS DOWN HEADS DOWN!

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#10 of 16 Old 05-19-2007, 12:25 PM

My transverse story.

My 3rd DD was a transverse lie all the way up into labor. I felt I would literally burst out my sides with her. I posted the story about it before and I can't remember exactly how long it was but. Right before I got the urge to push she had stayed side lying. Right at the end she suddenly flipped and suddenly my sides felt great! Her feet were in my throat but my sides felt great! lol!
She was born head down, perfectly normal. She was a UC birth so I had to have total faith all would be well and it was.

She ended up weighing 10.8 and was over 23 long. I forget the exact length and would have to look it up.

Your body and baby know what to do. Best wishes to you both!!
#11 of 16 Old 05-19-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for your story--that is exactly what I need to hear: babies turning at the right time! All of us in this "position" need to hear, I bet. Anyway, mostly my right side is really hurting. And today I'm feeling little bubbly touches at the lower part of my abdomen. i'm really hoping those are little hands and not feet! tried the warm bath at 4 AM (woke up WIDE AWAKE: ). what a great community this is. thank you again, everyone

HEADSDOWNHEADSDOWNHEADSDOWNHEADSDOWNHEADSDOWNHEADS DOWN

#12 of 16 Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 AM

Baby A was transverse at 33 wks, and baby B was breech. Something told me to get them turned soon as I was quickly running out of room!

What I did, per my previous MW was;
Walk into a swimming pool so the water is up to your shoulders. Then dive down to the bottom of the pool. As you are de-weighted so is the baby and the heavy part of the baby (the head) will go into the pelvis. I did this 3 times.

I also followed up with a few somersaults.
As soon as I got out of the water, I knew she had flipped!

Incidently Baby B then had more room, and flipped to vertex on his own in the following week.
#13 of 16 Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, thank you everyone for your help and advice .... baby is officially head down (possible star gazer, but I'll take it!). Now I'm just waiting for these contractions to get more powerful. I am so excited, I love every single one. Cannot wait to have this babe in my arms!

#14 of 16 Old 05-27-2007, 04:50 PM

oh thank goodness and congrats!!! my little monster is still flipping between transverse and breech : did you do anything that seemed to help? or do you think he needed the extra time?
#15 of 16 Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

I think it was all those pelvic tilts I was doing, and I also did that tub thing (warm water, frozen peas near the head ... ). Several people also told me that 2nd babies (and beyond?) take their time getting into position. Hearing that (whether or not it's true) really relaxed me mentally.

I think your little guy will be getting around to the right position! And, wow you're due date is coming fast. congratulations! good luck. and I'll send my baby spinning vibe your way ~~~~~~~~~~
#16 of 16 Old 05-28-2007, 07:13 PM

thank you!!
ive accepted and am ok with a breech birth~ and so is my mw. now if we can keep him out of transverse!!

i was doing the pevic tilts, but my mommy instincts made me stop...he can be super active and as soon as i get like that he feezes. something just doesnt seem right when he upside down like that....
so, ill keep trying, but i honestly think this trouble maker is going to keep us guessing until labor!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page