June "multiple" mamas, what's up!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mama's of twins, triplets.....If you're not already too busy with a couple of newborns, how are you all doing? How far along are you? How are you feeling.

Torio, what's your status? Have those babies adjusted themselves into a better position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for asking!!

I just had a non-stress test and it was so much fun! Baby A has her head way down low and I thought that I never felt her move. Baby B has been transverse (18 weeks), vertex (34 weeks), and breech (35 weeks) and I thought I felt her move all the time. Turns out Baby A may have her head low, and her body on my left side, but her feet are up under my right ribs. Everytime I felt movement it was her heart rate that accelerated. So baby B is really the mellow one. (Or Baby b is the one moving and it pisses off her sister so her heart rate jumps? Who knows, but I'm starting to think of them as actual people now, which feels good and scary.)

It seems as though there are a fair number of twins (and triplets!) due here at mdc this summer. I'd love to hear how the others are doing- since my dp is sick of listening to me complain. There must be at least one other twin mom who doesn't think it is a piece of cake!

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#3 of 6 Old 05-27-2007, 01:09 AM

I will be 35 wks on Monday. I am pregnant with B/G twins and I am a gestational surrogate for a wonderful couple unable to carry their own babies.
Both babies are Vertex (YAY!! ) and don't show any signs of wanting to exit any time soon!

Mumm, this is by far the hardest thing I have ever done! Being pregnant with twins is a whole different ball game! I felt great up until about 28-30 wks, and then hit a brick wall as far as energy goes.
#4 of 6 Old 05-27-2007, 10:16 AM

I was thinking about how I would feel if there were two babes in this belly (or more) ... can't even contemplate it.

You mutiple moms are doing a great job.
Congrats Jenb - what a wonderful thing you are doing.
#5 of 6 Old 05-27-2007, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Great job staying healthy mamas! Jen.....what an amazing gift!
#6 of 6 Old 05-28-2007, 01:42 AM

Hey!

Thanks for asking! I'm at 35 weeks and 3 days, having contractions on and off. Zahara (Baby A) is footling breech, Jabari (Baby B) is vertex. I have been scheduled for a c-section on June 18, and my OB and I are still hoping that Zahara will turn. We are both disappointed, but we both agree that it will be the safest for the babies and myself.
Zahara has been unresponsive to any type of manipulation. She is so far down every movement she makes, I feel on my cervix! She has been this way since week 21. So stubborn like mommy!
Overall, I feel good. I am surprised at how well I've done. My house is coming together. I'm going to steam clean my carpets because I spend lots of time on the floor and so will the babies. My father and my stepmom will be here to help DH and I so I am grateful for the help.

Again, thanks for asking!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page