~Weekly Thread *** May 21-27~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
then at about 7:30 they started in with some form of consistency.... they started to mildly up in intensity... to the point where I didn't want to be bothered while having one. I drank water, I sat, I walked, I squated... I eventually went to bed w/ DD and fell asleep. Woke up at about 11pm, feeling super hot, icky, sick to my stomache.... and now my contractions are not as consistent. Dont know whats up. Still feeling : though... we shall see...

ooooooph.......... where's the contraction smiley?

oooooh, exciting!!! i'm having no signs of tomorrow actually being the day. oh well. wishing you happy birthing vibes. feel free to save them for later if things fizzle out for you now.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Yup, we're getting 91 F here today, they predict. I'm going to set the timer on the A/C so it should be on half an hour BEFORE I get home from work. Yesterday was nice and dry, at least, so if today isn't humid, I might survive.

How do you folks down south manage?!?

I have made the biggest MESS! : Well, I know I need to get the closet in DS's room (formerly the guest room--therefore, closet of all odd items) emptied before the central air gets installed June 4-6. Yesterday, I decided that I *HAD* to start on that. Partly, because I'm trying to get at least a little bit started on preparing for Mom's arrival, and all the extra bedding lives in that closet.

So DS "helped" and we got it done to a point that ANYONE could remove what is left in a way that wouldn't bother me (say, if I were to have the baby before the install happens and need to direct someone by phone.) The only problem is, my upstairs hallway is FULL OF STUFF. AAAACK! Now, the big storage bags with the comforters in them just need to go up to the attic (DH's job.) The donations need to go downstairs (I took some, DH must carry some) and get itemized and boxed up and added to the pile to go. The only other major pile is all of my gift wrap, which always lived in that closet. I'm feeling like it is only fair to give DS "his" closet (finally!), but where do I store the gift wrap? To show how excessive I can get with stuff, I must confess to having one of those Rubbermaid "gift wrap storage" containers (tall thing, holds a dozen rolls or so?) plus about 5 cardboard filing-size boxes of flat paper, ribbons, bows, etc. It's too much, but I don't want to throw it out. I'm trying to work through what I have and just keep less in future... WHERE DO YOU STORE YOUR GIFT WRAP?

I know. That's a stupid problem to worry about. I was just so proud of myself for getting it done last night, but then DH came home and I realized we're having some people over on Sunday and I've made my already chaotic (under kitchen-renovation) house even worse!

--willo
#63 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

#64 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Jamie: Someone needs to give birth today, I hope it's you!

I think now that the holiday weekend is here and some of our family members/So's will be around to help out, maybe we can all rest enough to go into labor? I'm not feeling very labor-ish but I did loose more mucious plug yesterday. I don't think it means much because this has got to be my 5th or 6th mucous plug this pregnancy. I lost it once at 24 weeks, then a few other times after that.

Here is some labor dust for all of the mamas hoping for some action today I'm in a good place now and I'm ok with staying pregnant for another week or two. (Althought I wouldn't fight labor if it came)

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#65 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Willo- a new kitchen AND central air? I am beyond jealous! The temps were in the 90s yesterday and although we had the windows open and the fans going I was miserable. During the day wasn't bad but at night...ugh! I really didn't sleep till around 3am when the temp finally dropped a bit.

My friend will be coming this afternoon for the belly photos! I'm really looking forward to it even though I have no idea what we're going to do...my creativity is totally gone at the moment so it will be nice letting her come up with poses and ideas and just going with the flow.

And then tomorrow DH and I will go to th Pirates movie while my mom watches dd. And we might even do dinner and make it a real live date! Which we need...DH has been working so hard so that maybe he can take a day or two off when the babe arrives I barely see him. Literally. He leaves around 8am and then gets home around 7 or 7:30. We scarf down dinner and then he does DD's night time routine starting around 8:30. And then since he's been going all day he usually falls asleep himself with her so basically I only see him for that hour or two in the evening while we make/eat dinner and do a quick "how was the day". You'd think that my being home during the day now (on disability) would mean I'd see MORE of my family, but not so much.

So a little couple time is going to be wonderful.

In longer term "treats"...the Ithaca festival (which is an AMAZING and fun festival that takes place literally blocks from my house) runs from May 31st-June 3rd this year. Technically my due date is June 4th and while I really don't want to go that long as a pregnant mama, being able to do the festival is something to look forward to. Probably wont go with a newborn, but I'd hate to miss the opening parade...there are pics from last year's parade/festival on my website...Ithaca is a wacky town and the parade is soooooo much fun.

Last year the AP/LLL group marched with dozens of babes and toddlers in slings, and there is always the Volvo Ballet (volvo cars decked out in tutus swirling and circling around each other as they drive the parade route), and the Red Hat Society, and random drag queens vamping for the crowd, and nuns from the convent on scooters/vespas, and the chain saw marching band (a dozen chainsaws all "tuned" a bit differently "playing" music...the percussion is provided by hitting a metal I beam with mallets), and little mobile puppet theatres, and veggie fuel cars, and...well...it's a ton of fun!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#66 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM

ANOTHER BABE!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to planet earth little Sage Rose, and Congrats to Neve! (details in the birth announcement sticky)

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#67 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 AM

WOW that parade sounds soooooooooooooooo cool!!!! I want to go!!!!

and on the labor front..... things pittered out.... after my post last night I sat up watching some tv for a while (law and order... always good for laboring! he he he) and had a few more regular MONDO contractions that I had to really focus on.... then they pittered out AGAIN! So I went to bed and woke up feeling kind of blah and having some more, gentle, steady contractions.

This babe is not coming out huh???
#68 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 12:20 PM

I'ts Friday, Whitwax sounds like you might have a pretty good chance at going today, or maybe this weekend . I would be soooooooooooo Jealous!! But for your case I hope it happens. Anyway I went for two long walks yesturday, and dh and I have been Uhummm ya know, dtd Not exactly comfortable, but I am trying to "enjoy" it so that I can get that rush of oxytocin ya know . But I think as uncomfortable and huge as I am, this baby will only come when it is ready, I can't imagine it not being ready, seeing as how I have dropped a ton and I am always having irregular contractions. Oh well, yet another day of waiting.
We have a big memorial day fest here too this weekend, I am really looking forward to going as there is this booth of henna artists that are really amazing, and I am going to get a pretty mandala on my belly if I still have one. I will send pics if I can figure it out again. I am not very technical but I'll see what I can do.
Here is some more labor action to send everyone, have a great day!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#69 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM

The Ithac festival is a blast... (http://www.notfarfromthetree.com/LaiaFest.html)...it's especially funny since it's held just a week or so AFTER the students from Cornell and IC and TC3 head back to their "regular" homes so the population of the city drops by about 25K and suddenly there are places to park and no lines at the restaurants and everyone just kicks back and enjoys having the city "to themselves" for a month or two.

And then there is a big "sidewalk sale" sort of thing in mid-August right before the students come back for the Fall semester...

So I'm sort of conflicted...I want Roro in my arms, but I also don't want to miss the parade. I know DH would take DD and I could stay home with Roro, but, well, I wanna go too!

#70 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 01:00 PM

And in better news! MORE babies!

Congrats and happy babymoon AnoriensMom & welcome to the planet little Ford Emerson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(details in the birth announcement thread of course)

Yay for babies! Yay for birth! So who wants to be next?

#71 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 PM

I Want To Be Next!
#72 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM

Hmm. I think something might be happening over here. I woke up this morning feeling like the baby had dropped a bit with pressure in my pelvis. I had a massage last night so I think that might have played a part. But I have a weird feeling today... I remember this feeling from my last pregnancy but I'm not sure it means anything. Guess we'll see. I'd think if something were going to start it would likely wait until nighttime. So probably taking a nap this afternoon and doing a few things around here.

Course I just got back from the grocery store and we live on a hill, so bringing everything in is rather strenuous. If anything were going to put me into labor it would be that.
#73 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 PM

oh, all these new babies!! and it looks like so many are gearing up to give birth too!!! what fun!! (though i will admit this is when being due later in the month is hard. i want my baby too!!! )

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#74 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 03:26 PM

I can't be the only one feeling a bit paranoid and willing to wait, can I?

Of course, I'm due fairly late in the month, so June 1st makes me really full term, and that is safer, and I'm kind of a safety gal.

I felt like an ocean liner while working at the bookstore today. I serenely glided from cash register to shelves, dipping my bow occasionally to reach a low book for someone (who invariably said, horrified, "No! Let me get that!!!" ) Our store is in chaos just like my house--they've just had to do a major re-arrange at the behest of our regional manager. Funny, it looks just like it did before the previous regional manager reversed everything. : The place is a total mess, and I was barely helpful shelving the two or three books at a time that I felt comfortable carrying. I'm ready to take work OFF of my schedule. I'm glad today was my last day for the next 6 or 9 months--whenever this kid can go 4 hours without a feed!

DS skinned his knee when he saw me arrive at my MIL's house and he came running and tripped. He was so distraught! He begged to come home, have a bath (it is sweaty hot), and get in my bed in the one currently air conditioned room so he could "rest his knee". Well, at least no naptime argument today. Poor little bugger.

I think I will go have a quick rinse-off shower and join him in the cool, dark room. At least today is DRY, not humid! A low of 66 will be okay without damp...

--willo
#75 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Oh! My 36 week MW appt was today.

Everyone, please send HIGH HEMATOCRIT vibes for me. We're aiming for above 30... I should call and tell them I'd love to get a call the minute my labs come in. I forgot to tell the receptionist that when I left.

The GBS swab felt pretty damn rotten to me. I admit to being a wimp. It's the first time I've been poked down there this pg... (No, I had an internal U/S when I bled at 7 weeks, so it's the second poke.)

Someone PLEASE make me write down my long list of questions before my next visit. Please? I can't for the life of me think of any when I'm there, but there are TONS of things I want to know about policies, procedures, etc. Sheesh.

--willo
#76 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
The GBS swab felt pretty damn rotten to me. I admit to being a wimp.
Not a wimp! My "lady" doc told me that a lot of mamas can't believe it's "just" a Qtip and "just" around the lips since it feels so much bigger and more invasive. She thinks it has to do with the increased blood volume/swelling and the fact that most mamas really haven't had much "poking" in the weeks leading up to the swab.

Happy Hematocrit Vibes to you!

(and happy thunderstorm vibes to me...the rain is just starting to patter down a drop or two here, a drop or two there...and there was thunder a moment ago! Please please please anything to drop the temp a bit would be wonderful!)

#77 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Yay for more babies! :

Willo: Here is some high hematocrit dust

Shell Ell: I hope today is your day!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#78 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 04:57 PM

willo - I hear you on the waiting thing. Any day after June 3rd (when DH get sback from being Best Man in a wedding out of province) is fine by me, but she better stay in until then!

Just got back from the ultrasound (had to wait an hour before even being seen - ugh!), and all seems well. They were absolutely swamped, so we only saw the technician and not the radiologist, but I'm told he'll have his full report to my doctor by Monday morning.

As far as the tech could tell us, everything looks fine. Bean is measuring right on dates, and my fluid levels are "average." She couldn't see my cervix at all because Bean's head is right down in there, and she's positioned exactly as I figured - bum under my right breast, spine down my right side, feet under my left. And she was sucking her thumb again! [swoon]

Estimated size at 35w5d is 6lb6oz, for what that estimate is worth. I am vastly relieved - giddy, even! - and now we just have to wait until Monday to get the specific numbers.

You ladies rock - thank you for all the hugs and caring. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you all!
#79 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Corri: I'm so happy everything looks good. Sorry that the doctors keep doubting you. Keep up the good work, you are doing everything right and growing a healthy baby in there!

Can you believe we have ANOTHER baby today?? With pics I love seeing these brand new babies!

#80 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 PM

And we have our "May 25th Baby"!

Welcome to Carina Rose and congrats to violetisadora! And a tub HBAC! Huzzah!

#81 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Okay, after a rest with DS in our air-conditioned bedroom, I'm thinking more clearly.

Forgot to complain that baby is still posterior, darn it!

Also met with one of the two midwives I hadn't yet met, and I liked her a lot. (Still only one out of eight that I don't care for. That's good odds, right?)

Only gained one pound this week, so last time (34 weeks) really was VERY likely excess water. Now I think I will manage to avoid topping 200 pounds this pg--thanks be to God!

And, on the subject of my extravagant spring of remodeling excess, I feel like I must explain that we've lived in our house since 2001, and done NOTHING fun/cosmetic to the house--only dull stuff like new roof and waterproofing basement. This year, we took an equity loan (basically, we're back to NO equity ) so that we could FINALLY address the kitchen issue before this baby arrived. (The appliances--circa 1964--were failing and I didn't want to spend anything to replace them in the existing layout.) The cost for adding the central air upstairs is money that, really, I think we should use to do another "dull" project to the structure of the house, but I realized a couple of months ago that this baby would have NO CHANCE of being breastfed if I were stuck in a humid summer with it... I simply don't tolerate the heat, and I can't stand to be touched when it is hot, and... well, it's crazy to need to justify it so much, but I have some guilt about the project, because DH doesn't feel the heat at all, and it is a lot of money, but... BOY WILL IT MAKE MY SUMMER BETTER!!! (And this system will be SEER 16 where window units are like 11 or 13 if you spend a ridiculous amount more money, so it is more energy efficient. Plus the noise of the window unit drives me crazy and the baby will already be disrupting my sleep...)

Okay, I'm so full of guilt about how extravagant this purchase is, obviously. I'm still glad we're doing it!!!

--willo
#82 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 08:56 PM

Awwwww, babies...I can't help but be jealous! Every time I log on and there's another baby, I think "oh, why not me??"

I'm over being an emotional mess due to too many logistical and behavioral nightmares in my life. Now I just feel good and big. I'm starting to really love getting the crampy contractions when they come. It's good I've had time to transtition from "hey, ow, those hurt!" to "ooh, another one!" before labor starts.

A friend here is in labor today, her due date.

I am excited to have the baby but I'm also somewhat shocked still that this moving thing inside me is actually a baby. You'd think I'd be used to this but it's still wierd/amazing!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#83 of 106 Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM

I had my Dr. apt today and fortunately, it looks like I was just being paranoid about this baby's position. He's still firmly head down and is just pressing his skinny little baby butt into my ribs. Very nice to know. I did get a scary reminder at how close to my due date I am. At the end of the apt. my OB ran down the list of which of the 4 OBs are on call which days for the next week or so. Eek.

The only down side was that he did bring up that they don't like to let women go more than a week past their due dates. If I get that far, he'll want to "talk." I told him we could talk up until I was 42 weeks and then consider doing something to help this babe along. Fortunately, he laughed and we left it at that.

All these new babes are making me jealous!!! Very best wishes to all our June (May) mommies.
#84 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 12:27 AM

Hi, all! Got some fantastic news today - our breech baby has flipped! After two weeks of chiro work, at home work, and a lot of positive thinking Savannah is finally head-down again (and apparently has a ton of hair according to the sonographer).

Now that I'm 37 weeks and this babe is in the right position I can't wait for labor to begin! Isn't there a full moon coming up?

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#85 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

#86 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 01:43 AM

VANESSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What gives?!?!? I thought you signed up to have that baby today, not just break your water! Well, at least your little guy is fairly well behaved apparently! Very exciting

savvybabygrace The full moon is on Wed... or Thurs.... or Friday if you look at my moms calender for some reason. And happy dance for a flipped baby!

Willo I, honestly, dont know what it is, but here hopinig for High hematocrit... umm... levels? HOPE THING GO WELL!
AND
Dont feel bad about your house choices! And CERTAINLY dont feel like you have to explain or justifie ANYTHING to any one! I'm right there along with you with the whole, not tolerating heat thing. infact, that has crossed my mind alot.... if for some CRAZY reason DexP and I got back together I would have to leave the comfy central air that my Mom has here.... hmmmmmmmm

CorriI: I'm so glad things were cleared up!!!!! SHAME on them for worrying you in the first place!

Wombat Did you see Pirates tonight????? How was it?!???!?!? How was your date w/ DH?

And obviously Friday just didn't work out for me over here.... BUT after resolving with my mind and soul that I WANT DexP in the room and with me for delivery (I decided there would be NO way I would regret having him there in 5 years, but might regret him NOT being there in 5 years...) well after deciding that I want him here, no matter how irritated I am with him that day, he called me today to inform me (timidly) that he has to go to Long Island on business on Thursday, leaving wed night. WHAT?!?!?!??! NO!!!!! I Told him that unless I've had her by Tuesday he CAN NOT GO!!!!!! It's a 4 hour drive and my first labor only lasted 5 hour total. Plus we're talking 4 hours away on THE BLUE MOON!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!! So either little miss Ceres needs to come out this weekend or her Daddy needs to tell the bigwigs where they can put their training meetings! (respectfully, of course )

ETA: am I the only one who can't write a scentence without 40 misspellings and/or typos????(I wont bother correcting them so you can all have a good laugh) I'm not usually this bad! Crazy preggo brain...
#87 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 09:38 AM

Savvy: Congrats on flipping the baby!
Vanessa: How exciting!! Do you need your own labor watch thread?

I had some major back labor contractions through the night last night. I barely slept. I tried like crazy to get the little guy to turn and I think he may have turned a little because now I can feel contractions in both my stomach and back. But they've mostly stopped. I can't believe I'm almost 39 weeks!

#88 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Wombat Did you see Pirates tonight????? How was it?!???!?!? How was your date w/ DH?
We're watching the movie and doing the whole "couple thing" today...it's the "weekend fun thing".

The photo shoot yesterday was a total blast though and I can't wait to see the pictures. Though let me tell you...trying to keep a two year old in a positive/helpful/in frame when wanted out of frame when necessary mood for two hours was a bit of a challenge.

So right at this moment DH is taking the car to the mechanic! It sort of died last night...not good timing. The mechanic said they'd work on it this weekend and are renting us a loaner car (Mike really played the "my wife is very pregnant card" to good effect) but it's a bit stressful anyway. When he left he told me I was't allowed to have the babe in the next 4 hours, so we'll see.

Willo- I hope it wasn't my comment about being jealous that made you feel like you needed to explain the home remodel! DH and I bought a real "fixer upper" in a very marginal neighborhood a few years ago and have been working on it since then...so I really really REALLY understand! (especially about how hard it can be to fund this sort of stuff) And I don't think a kitchen remodel and/or central air is "extravagent" when you have a "character house"! We're doing the work ourselves and it takes sooooo much longer than even my longest estimates ad I just drool when someone is able to bring in a professional who knows what the heck they're doing and has the tools that make the job easier.

Actually, Roro belly babe is the result of a little "happy birthday" nookie on Dh's birthday...but her older sis is the result of our finishing the remodel of our one and only bathroom! We tore it out and thought we'd have it all bakc in a day or two...instead we spent a bit more than a week using the bathroom at the 24/7 grocery store down the road and showering at the gym every couple of days. It was nasty nasty nasty and we're pretty confident on Laia's conception date being the night we got everything hooked up and could finally make use of the shiny new toilet and happy "new to us" clawfoot tub. Nothing like being clean and having an empty bladder to get the giggles on!

Oh yeah...about our marginal neighborhood. I'm devoted this year (probably preggo mama-bear hormones) to getting this little area cleaned up. And last night I sat out on the front porch for about 2 hours taking pictures (very obviously, with a big flash) of drug deals going on. I even waved at a few of the drug boys. It took about an hour but everyone left! It was amazing...though the first time I pulled out the camera and took a picture I was shaking! But then I decided you know what, this is my house, I own it, and I don't need a bunch of drugged out idiots selling stuff in front of my house and calling each other by words that really aren't appropriate for anyone to use...

And yeah, I did have the police on speed dial "just in case". But somehow my belly has me feeling invincible these days...I mean really, who is gonna try and "score" manly man macho points against a big ol preggo mama? Especially one who just took his picture and is standing there with a cell phone?

AH well...here's hoping I don't regret this, but I think I'm gonna make a habit of this nightly photo shoot. (of course, none of the photos are useful in any way since it's nighttime and the lights are rotten...the pics are just black blurs with tail lights...but it's the "someone is watching" element that I'm going for here).

#89 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

#90 of 106 Old 05-26-2007, 01:57 PM

More babies, more contractions...oh my!

I got to hold a 2 month old last night for a while and he was so cute and squirmy and funny and tiny!! Very soon we are all going to have our own wee ones to fuss with 24-7!!!!!

I wonder how many of us will birth on that blue moon!

I have plans today to go to a pregnant mama's tea, take a walk in the park, and see Pirates...but after today I have NO plans whatsoever. I am feeling more quiet and like all I want to do is take walks by myself. I am usually very social so I trip myself out when I go introverted like this.

Happy weekend to you all!

Oh! and Vanessa, we don't have a name for a boy either. We always have one boy and one girl name picked out no problem by about my 6th month, but this time we are stumped! I'm okay with it, though, figuring there must be some reason why...this resolve after a couple of months totally freaking out and exposing myself to every boy name on the planet!!! But my dh came home yesterday with a suggestion: Mendoza. His last one before that was Almonzo. I'm sorry, but maybe that's why we aren't deciding now!! I didn't even know what to say!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page