#1 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 AM

Congrats on the GPA and the dancing veggie grades! That's wonderful!

I've been having a lot more "cervical" contractions, and more BH, but nothing else. No banana slug (mucus plug), no show (bloody or otherwise), no pattern of contractions. I guess my constipation has gone away and I'm certainly getting more quesy more easily, and I haven't gained any weight in the last week...but those aren't the most reliable birth signs.

I'm also getting more ligament pain...mostly in the morning when I've been laying in the same position for a while and then start to move. I can tell exactly where Roro has been sleeping during the night since those muscles are really sore for the first 20-30 minutes of the day. And when she wiggles! Oy! She's got a set of muscles on her!

I have a doc appt on Thursday, but maybe I can put in an order for a Wednesday babe? Thursday morning might be nice too. It's funny, half of me really really wants Roro safe and sound on the outside and the other half wants a little more time!

ETA- has anyone heard from Marv? Anyone heard how she (and the brand new Ulysses) are doing?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM

Happily, I had a much less contraction-full night last night, so I'm feeling *MUCH* relieved.

I wonder how much of the issue is that I've cut back on my water consumption due to my heartburn? Normally, I'm kind of a camel and I probably drink a couple of gallons of water per day. I've been rationing myself to avoid taking Tums, but having a lot of ctx is worse than taking Tums every day for a few weeks, isn't it? Oh, I don't know, but I am tired of sitting around feeling thirsty all the time!

Wombat-- I wake up with a really irritating round ligament pain every day, too. Unfortunately, I get way more pain on the lower right side when I sleep on my left, so mostly I sleep on my RIGHT side. Oh well.

I need some shelves from Target, but am not sure I should be lifting them up today after my over-excited-cervix day yesterday... I don't think I can wait for DH to be home on the weekend, though, as my nesting urges are winning out. Well, if my MIL will watch DS, I guess I wouldn't have TOO much lifting to do...

--willo
#4 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 AM

My appetite is going away too and the nausea has returned. It came back about a month ago. Last night I woke up frequently sweating and contracting. This morning the contractions have stopped but the pressure on my pubic bone is still there. I'm starting to want this pregnanct to be over now.

I can't believe the next weekly thread is going to bring us into June. Isn't that crazy? June is almost here! Some of us are almost "due". Wow.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#5 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 11:23 AM

Hi ALL!!!

Well I am also feeling less and less able to eat, is that normal? I have more contrax at night than during the day, the day time seems like mostly strong BHs.
My DH only has to teach 3 more days counting today and then I will have him all to myself to finish getting things ready **Grin**

On Friday I have my 36 week appointment at the birthing center and those ppl who are going to be at the birth are supposed to be there so we know everyone knows how to get there. I am excited about that...

I am getting more and more nervous about birth, but I am ready for this boy to be here...

Hope everyone is doing well... It is almost here for us some closer than others... **Hugs**

~Steph
#6 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Oh my, what will happen this week? Sounds like everyone is gearing up and really ready! I know I am anxious to hold my little baby and nurse and move on from this pregnancy. I am very large and my belly is round, it doesn't feel like there is much more stretching that can happen, when the baby moves it's almost like I know exactly what part, (foot, elbow etc..) is pushing out, the skin is very stretched.

So I had a couple "scares" lately I have been in limbo land, just waiting and wondering. Yesturday I was telling myself to not get excited because I most likely have two more weeks to go. Hope for sooner, expect it to be later I guess.

Lately everyone who is effected by the birth timing has "their own opinion" as to when it "should" happen. I am getting really tired of people around me telling me, don't have the baby now, or it would be really great timing if it happened at this time.....: Baby will come when baby is ready, I just have to convince myself of this.

Well I can't wait to see what this week brings for everyone, I have a feeling I am going to be hanging on a while, but who knows.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#7 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 PM

hey mamas,

i am 39 weeks 3 days today and feeling pretty crampy. i had ctx that were every five minutes that lasted for about an hour and half this morning, but when i got up and took a shower they stopped. now i'm back to the general crampiness. i am looking forward to meeting this baby and I'm ready when she is...i can't imagine going another week or two if i go post-date.

treehugger.gif
#8 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 PM

This past weekend was fantastic! I went on a mini-vacation, road-trip to South Dakota with dh and dd. It was our last pre-baby vacation. I'm in my 36th week and lots of changes going on. Last week sometime the baby must have dropped because I went from being able to eat about two grapes for a meal to being able to eat more. I've also started getting the sore pelvis at the front, feels sort of loose and I'm popping joints left and right. My pelvis seems to be especially sore after orgasm. And strangely enough, all the walking this past weekend made my ankle swelling go down. They aren't very swollen at all (I'm probably the only one that would notice) but they look back to normal now! Does that make any sense at all?!!:

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#9 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmama3-7 View Post
Lately everyone who is effected by the birth timing has "their own opinion" as to when it "should" happen. I am getting really tired of people around me telling me, don't have the baby now, or it would be really great timing if it happened at this time.....:
YES! My mother and sister are doing this and it is really stressing me out. My mom is going to watch DS for the birth but has certain days that she cannot watch DS for so she tells me not to go into labor on those days. Ummm, you cannot stop real labor! If it's meant to be then it will be. My sister also waitresses and wants to attend my birth to help but has certain days that don't work for her.

I'll pretty much take any day I can get at this point. When this baby is ready to come out I'm not gonna argue with him. He's welcome to come out ANY time now. Hear that baby? ANY TIME now I can't stop sweating, I'm soooo freakin HOT. The AC is cranking and the ceilling fan is on and I'm half naked. I've had a few very far apart strong contractions and I hope they're doing something. My cervix has completely gone into hiding, I cannot feel any of it anymore. I'm dying to know how it's doing but I guess I'll have to wait until Thurs at my next appt and ask for a check.

Did I mention that I want to have the baby now?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#10 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 PM

i feel ready but since baby is NOT i am using today to run as many errands as possible no signs really of anything. i feel like my choice to participate in the june ddc even though i am due in may was probably a good one!

our ds turns 3 on saturday so i'm going to buy birthday prezzies today. i can't believe it was 3 whole years ago i was in the same position living each day in anticipation!! i can't believe how much i love that kiddo i can't believe it will be possible to love another that much...but i'm sure it is

i have to move so slowly when i get up out of bed because my bladder feels like a knife is in it and i'm scared if i move to quickly i'll pee : our bathroom is downstairs and our bedroom is upstairs so i make this uncomfortable trek at like 1am, 4am, 6am. can't wait for *that* to be over. and our stairs are steep...i'm sure i'm going to fall because my ligaments are having a harder and harder time cooperating. (we have a funky ol farmhouse without the modern amenities of things like...more than one bathroom!).

i think i have pupps on my stomach. i'm getting stretchmarks above and below my belly button and they ITCH insanely. i looked up itchy stretchmarks and it says you can get pupps IN your stretchmarks and they can be red and raised and itchy. and they are and it is driving me : i'm going to ask my doc about it tomorrow. it is so irriating

congrats on the 4.0 vannienicole!

apecaut i think walking is really good to keep the swelling down. improved circulation and all that. probably electrolyte balance from moving. my ankles swell during the weekdays when i am at my desk job. and on weekends when i am doing things and moving around they don't.

ok eagerly awaiting whatever this week will bring for all of us........
#11 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM

Congrats, Vannie, on the grades!

Been trying to figure out how I will ever have time to go into labor! My kids keep me really busy this time of year with all the end of the year stuff already starting.

My mom bought us a new mattress, and I brought it home last night only to find that the foundation does NOT fit through the stairs/doorways of our 114 year old house!!!!!!! So we're just going to put the mattress on plywood on our platform bed (the kind with wooden slats like a futon frame). So we had to sleep downstairs on the futon couch last night. grrrr....I do NOT like annoying things like this and am really excited to get to sleep on the new mattress!! My husband fought getting it, saying we didn't need it. But now after lying on the new one has proclaimed that our old mattress is "totally broken."

My boobs are suddenly SO sore. I don't remember this happening before. And last night my crampiness didn't go away while I was asleep. I couldn't tell if it was the crampiness or the baby moving like crazy that kept waking me up all night, but I didn't sleep well. And I had sulfur burps in the night! What's up with that?? I had a hard time getting up this morning, and felt generally wierd. I went to the bathroom (loosely) four times this morning. But once I was dressed and off to drive kids to school I was feeling more normal EXCEPT that my baby is even LOWER than before, which I didn't think was possible without it's head coming out. Now it feels like it's entire body is in my pelvis, it feels so heavy and low. Walking is a joke. That's all how I felt the morning I went into labor with my daughter.

I am remembering really well (too well) the sensations of labor and I would like to do it before I think about it any more!!!!!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#12 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM

For the most part my appetite is shot...but then something will set me off and I eat a ton of something odd. It's not a craving, it's not like I all of sudden say "gee, I wish I had a X". But for example I just ate most of dd's corn puff cereal. She had a baggie of it to nibble on while playing on the back deck and I ate one puff...then another, and another and another and ANOTHER. And suddenly the bag was empty.

Mostly though I'm depending on my "popsicles"...every night I mix up some lowfat plain yogurt with a little water and fruit juice and pour it into popsicle molds. Then all day I munch my way through frozen yogurt pops. I figure it's pretty healthy, it soothes my throat, and it's a way to keep my blood sugar on an even keel even when I don't feel like eating.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#13 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM

dd is sick and dh only gets back Wednesday and I need to get pool pipes still, birth supplies and cloths for this baby so he can not come yet. That said I hope once i have everything that it is not too much longer. ready not to be pregnant
#14 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannienicole View Post
So how's everybody else doing this week? It's the last *full* week of the month and next week starts June!
Gak! I realized today when someone asked that my due date is exactly two weeks from today. Holy cow! All the truly necessary stuff is done. I would like to get the house cleaner, I'm behind on some work projects, and there are a number of other tasks that I'm really hoping to finish before the babe makes an appearance, but if the kid were to show up tonight, we'd be okay. At least I think so.... :

I think I've been having some non-crampy BH's, my tummy's been a little wonky, and I'm waddling even more now than I was a week ago, but other than that, I've seen no sign that the baby is ready to come out. For now I'm thinking that I'll probably make it to at least 39 weeks, which would be good. The MW says that the baby feels like 5.5 - 6 lbs, and has tons of room to move around in my uterus. But I can't tell where the little sucker is most of the time. I felt really stupid about this, until my MW said she's not entirely sure, either. She's confident that the baby is head-down, but everything else is vague guesses because of all the extra room in my uterus. By now DD was wedged in tight and unable to move, so this feels weird to me.

Life in general is good. We're done with all our official social engagements for the time being, so now we can focus on the house and each other until babe arrives.

I'm getting more and more nervous about helping DD transition to life as a big sister. Having lots of guilt about taking away her place as the only focus of our lives. I know that in the long run she'll be better off for having a sibling, and possibly even for having one so close in age, but right now I'm not feeling that she's really ready for this change and that makes me feel like a super crappy mom. Sigh. This too shall pass, I know.

Hope everyone is feeling good this evening!
#15 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 PM

Vanessa thats awesome about the 4.0!! good job!!! sorry youre feeling off, seems to be par for the course at this stage, huh?

wow, everyone seems to be gearing up! im in the same boat, but not getting too excited, seeing as i was like this last time, too, and they had to use NUMEROUS forms of induction to get Lexa out of me at 42 weeks... whats making it rough is that i dont know when im due...sometime between june 20 and july 2. im going with june 20ish (20-25), seeing as we are 99.9% sure when we conceived. plus, thatll get me off of bedrest sooner *I* need him in there for another week and 1/2-2 weeks to feel comfortable with him coming out at home.

i think hes still breach : although i cant really tell today...im afraid hes stuck diaganally (sp?). : saw my chiro again today and im finally able o sit pain free!!! shes a miracle worker at twisting my tailbone back to where its supposed to be~ we just try to ignore the fact she practically has her fingers up my butt still having lots of bh, but ot as bad as last week...

im having trouble eating too...except i just got hungry, which means i must eat immediatly, so id better run

cant wait to see what this week brings!! (actually, WHO it brings! )
#16 of 106 Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Well here I am typing one-handed, with a baby on the boob Glad to hear that so many of you are progressing nicely!!!

I'm more than a bit annoyed right now. I got a call from our nurse, who told me that Carys' bili #s were still up at 12.8 but that I could take her off of the bili blanket as of tonight. WHAT?!!??!! She hasn't been on the bili blanket since Saturday a.m.! The dumb nurse practitioner didn't consult with my ped when she told me to stop the bili blanket too early! I'm so annoyed! I go for Carys' 2-week appointment tomorrow morning, so I can talk to her ped ... but I'm putting her back on the bili blanket tonight. She's going to have to go for another foot stick to test her bili #s this week I'm frustrated.

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#17 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 AM

Shannonugh... that stinks.... it really stinks she has to have another foot stcik but since she's been off and doing ok, then she's probably fine. Couldn't hurt to put her on it a bit more though. And thanks for continuing to post!!!!!

VanessaCongrats on the 4.0!!!!!

jstarI'm not kidding when I tell you that there are many times I wake up in the middle of the night to pee... stumble to the bathroom and think... "I feel sooooo bad for who ever it was who has to go all the way down stairs!!!" I couldn't remember who it was... but, oh man, I feel soooo bad for you!

saratchka I know my DD is a bit older but she and I both really enjoy "I'm a big sister" by Joanna Cole. We bought our copy at the Motherhood store at Crossgates (not sure how close you and I are). Dont feel like a bad Momma... it's good for kids to learn to "share the spotlight" and I'm sure you will be able to make special time just for her when she doesn't have to share it at all. Dont worry! You'll do great!

Ok... as for me... I had the afternoon from hell because of my EX.... After nearly a week of telling me he wants to work things out with me, dumping his girlfriend and getting my hopes up, he stopped over today to tell me really doesnt think things can work and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Let's see if I can find just the right smiley face for my reaction to this little "talk":

: :Puke :

Does that cover it. I went off a bit (DD was playing in the other room) and told him to not talk to me anymore. I dont want to hear it. Then I asked him to take DD for a 10 min drive so I could be alone for a bit. He did and I proceeded to have SEVERE breakdown. I popped a whole bunch of blood vessles in my face from crying and puking. All around my eyes and down my cheeks. It was really a lovely sight I'm sure.

I calmed down a bit and my friend took me out for ice cream.

Sometimes I just sit back and try to figure out just what it was that I did, that was sooooooooooo wrong, that Karma is kicking me over and over for.... I can't figure it out but what ever it was, I'm sure sorry I did it.

And on another topic entirely... what does your mucus plug look like? I dont remember seeing it with DD.
#18 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 01:46 AM

Jamie - I'm so sad for you right now He strings you along and then drops the ball on the relationship. Of all times to deal with this ... the end of the pregnancy is not the time. I'm so sorry I hope you sleep well tonight. Hugs.

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#19 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 AM

Insomnia? Now?!? Grr! Went to bed at 10 pm and woke up at 4 am--no getting back to sleep. : I know, it isn't a terribly short sleep, but I still remember months (MANY months) of painful exhaustion in DS's infancy, and I just want to rest as much as possible before this baby comes.

Tonight, our birth center has their 36 Week meeting and get together for people due around my time. I'm pleased to attend, but find the 7 pm start time offensively late. We are simply not night-time people around here since... well, parenthood.

Kitchen-wise, I like the paint color I chose. (They painted yesterday.) It is a little "minty" for me, and I almost wish it were a touch more yellow (green tea color vs. mint color), but I'm not sure that would've gone as well, so there it is. They didn't paint a weird, ugly place on the wooden side of one of the base cabinets, though, and it was the FIRST thing I said to the painter when he arrived! Now I think they have to come back, and I feel all guilty for not being satisfied, but how can I have that patch of hideous aqua reminding me of my kitchen's hated past?!? Maybe if we were doing it ourselves for a few grand, but not considering all the time, money and thought that's gone into the rest of it! (The general contractor was like, "Of course they will come back and fix it", but I am a guilt-queen.)

--willo
#20 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Jamie: I think your ex just wants what he cannot have, and when you're available to him he's not interested. What he's doing is incredibly cruel, don't give him the power to hurt you anymore.

Vanessa: I forgot to say congrats on the 4.0!!

Shannon: Sorry that your babe is still having billi issues, I hope they end soon and she's off the blanket for good. Are you using sunlight in addition to the blanket? I hear it can help.

A whole lot of nothing going on over here. I'm thinking of going to the chiro today to make sure everything is lined up properly.

#21 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 12:14 PM

hey nonny nonny!

So today is my "murphy's law day" with our first line Laia care providers out of town. However, we've got two more friends lined up so I think we're "safe".

Lot's of contractions and crevical pulling today though. It could be total lack of sleep however...DH still has a really bad cough so he slept down on the couch last night, which meant I had dd all to myself. Well, she wasn't sleeping great and at one point she woke up, said "diaper wet" and then fell back asleep. I patted her butt but she seemed fine. Well...an hour or so later (around 3:30am) she crawled out of her bed and into the big bed and I realized she was SOAKING wet. So I had to try and wrangle belly and toddler out of bed (ouch) and find new jammies and a clean diaper and change her...and then she was just enough awake to pitch a massive fit. We didn't get back to sleep till around 6:30 and with the alarm clock going off at 7:30 it wasn't a very restful night.

And now I have her mattress sunning on the back porch and all the sheets in the wash. Sigh.

On the bright side, DH and I were able to sneak in a little "couple time" last night so that was nice.

#22 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM

WhiteWax~ HUGE hugs!! im so sorry hes being so crappy~ and right now of all times! UGH! hang in there, honey!

willo~ oh tell me about! i will fall asleep at 1am (even though im in bed around 9 : ) and then i still will wake up at 5 and just lay there...ugh! it sucks!! im one the few that gets more sleep when the baby is newborn then i do when im pregnant!

shannon~ how totally frustrating!! UGH! dont you love people with lousy communication skills : sounds like my previous mw's practice...took my glucose test at like 18 weeks, called was told it was fine, then got a call 5 WEEKS later saying OOPS...ya failed, sorry for the error. idiots

as for me, i did waaay too much today (which really wasnt a whole ton...) and now im in trouble. im supposed to be on bedrest, but when you have to prepare for a home birth, have a 5 year old in preschool, a toddler, a meeting at your sons new school, and you need to pick up a rx at the store, well....
lots of discomfort, pains and bh contrx. BLAH! Lexa's napping, so id best get into bed, too. hoping my DH will be able to get home a bit early today...
#23 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM

WhiteWax- Please please please don't blame yourself in any way for his behavior. Sometimes karma just doesn't explain why things happen, I try to use karma as a tool to help me make the right decisions rather than explain things for just that reason. DexP needs to make a decision & stick with it. It is completely unfair to you for him to be so wishy washy. I wish there was some kind of stick we could hit him over the head with. He really needs to see a therapist & straighten his feelings out ASAP. If you weren't PG, I'd say to cut your loses & cut off all contact. Being PG, I can't even imagine what I'd be doing in this situation though. He should be utterly ashamed of himself for upsetting the mother of his child so much.

Willo- I hear you with the insomnia (of course all I have to worry about is myself & the fur babies), it's nerve-wracking.

So I really want to head into NYC with a friend this weekend (means driving to NJ 1.25 hrs each way, my friend will drive into NYC & back). DH has been insanely busy & is away until Thurs so he doesn't think that he wants to go. The thing is that people are saying I shouldn't be driving alone & be out all day without him (I'm just 36 weeks). I'm mostly ok with going (even though I know I'll be tired). Should I push him to take me? He'll have a great time & it's not like there's going to be a lot more "just the 2 of us" outings. Not an earth-shattering problem, but.......maybe I get my MW to enforce the need for him to take me to NYC.

I've determined that I cannot do anymore housecleaning. Everything I do makes my back hurt (of course I managed to repot 2 huge rose topiaries this afternoon). Luckily DH agrees. Whew! Left a message with the cleaning lady.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#24 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 05:38 PM

Kitchen update: the new LG dishwasher is *NOT* a dud, it was installation error. : The repair guy made up a problem code for the warranty work, so I won't get charged for the service call. Even better, he TOTALLY knew his stuff about these machines, and now I have the card of a repairman if my dishwasher or washing machine (also LG brand) ever breaks down.

So the painters will come back tomorrow to address the small area they didn't take care of (and I had to ask my contractor to get them back, though I *HATE* to cause trouble even when I'm unhappy with something...)

The flooring material is expected at the end of this week, in which case the install will be either next Tuesday or Thursday. After that, it is just the last little touches and our kitchen will be... DONE! Hardly seems possible.

I had the BEST acupuncture appointment today. I walked out feeling so relaxed and good! She treated the swelling/fluids point again, and it didn't hurt this time since I'm no longer puffy and in "crisis" mode like the last visit. She also did a pair of points to help me sleep, so, God willing, tonight might be a better night. (I did take a 20 minute nap today whilst in the glow of that great appointment.) Now here's praying all the "blood-building" work she's done will have bumped up my iron levels for my 36 week appointment on Friday. Send me hemoglobin-above-30 vibes, ladies!

Poor DH had a FLOOD in his office at work today. A repairman forgot to cap a pipe at the end of yesterday's workday, which led to major water damage concentrated directly above DH's office. His computer was soaked--the CPU or hard drive may be salvageable, but the monitor and lots of other equipment was destroyed. The only good news is that it seems to have happened AFTER his midnight automatic backup occurred. We were happy to have him come home early (to try to get some work done in his home office), but what a cruddy reason.

--willo
#25 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 PM

Yoicks! Floods and psycho drama and the end of pregnancy blues! Hang in there mamas!

So, in good news, my mom is back and all the cramping and contractions I've been having today hdidn't result in a babe during our "danger hours". Ah well. I really haven't had any good birth "signs" but it's hard not to get my hopes up.

I was a bit worried that Roro would arrive before my friend and I can get together for belly pictures, so I had DH take a few. I added them to the belly bump thread, but I think you should be able to view them on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8438721@N07/

The one "apple blossom belly" picture is the most "modest" of a series of photos DH did when we were trying to be "artistic". The other photos show a small corner of our beautiful amily bedroom...well, and there are two photos from April Fools Day when we had Laia's second birthday party (it was a tea party). Anyway, I'm hoping we'll still have time to get those "professional" photos done, but I wont cry if these are the ones I have!

Oh, and I need to have DH help me with the picture, but I finished my nursing necklace! I'll add a photo soon...

#26 of 106 Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Great pics Wombat! Thanks for sharing.

Willo: sorry to hear about the flood. That stinks! I hope he didn't lose too much.

I just ate a half a pineapple. My tongue is tingling. I know it's just a silly old wives tale but I'm at the point where I feel like doing things to get myself ready for labor. I'm going back to the EPO tonight too.

Whitewax: Are we still on for having our babies tomorrow?

#27 of 106 Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 AM

I had my 39 week appointment today. This may be the last one before the baby is born. I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of my MIL on Friday. She will be here for about two weeks to help out with my DD during and after the birth. My MW thinks that as soon as my MIL gets here - I will feel ready and relaxed, and I might have the baby this weekend. . My DH seems to think the same thing. My EDD is on Sunday, so it might just happen. I am ready! Super excited for the new baby. I am kind of looking forward to labor - I feel like I have a better idea of how to get through it a little easier than I did with my DD.

My midwife said that she thinks the baby is about 7.5 pounds right now. She said it feels kind of skinny and long. It is kind of fun to have a somewhat mental picture of the baby. She was right on with guessing the weight of my DD when she was born, so I will take her word on that.
#28 of 106 Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 AM

ZOINKS!!!!!!! I was typing away and I accidently refreshed my page and lost eveything I had typed! Maybe it's a sign that I talk to much!

Jilian tomorrow is still good for me!

I just got finished decorating 40 cookies for a going away party for someone my mom works with. I'm looking to sell cute decorated sugar cookies and make a little extra dough! (HA HA... sorry, bad pun!)

It's 1:45am and I'm heading to bed but I'm all sorts of contraction-y. I really dont think anything will come of it... all though it IS Wed technically. This seems to happen alot I suppose. I'll have regular-ish ( I dont time them) contractions that last for hours and dont change with position, activity or drinking but they never go any where. I just KNOW I'm going to spend the first parts of labor denying that I'm in labor. I keep looking for other, far less obvious signs, appetite loss, slowed down digestion, burst of energy.... ANYTHING!

I've been SUPER hormonal and emotional today. awallrising's comment about Dexp being "utterly ashamed" made me burst into tears like a lunatic. I also cried several times while watching American Idol... it's my guilty pleasure!: Not sure why it made me cry though!
#29 of 106 Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
I just got finished decorating 40 cookies ... I'm looking to sell cute decorated sugar cookies and make a little extra dough!
Oh, man! Now I want COOKIES!!! I think the hardest part of doing our kitchen was the time without the sink, but wanting to bake cookies and not being able to is a close second. (I am delighted to have had an excuse to order out lunch and dinner for a month. No regrets there! I enjoy baking desserts waaaay more than cooking real food. )

Last night was our Birth Center 36 week meeting with hospital tour for those who are planning to birth at the hospital (or want to be prepared in case of transfer.) Honestly, it was pretty boring, and too late (7 - 9 pm ) for us, as well. Also, I thought I was pretty cool about my probable loss of birth center birth, but I ended up feeling pretty sad and crying a little on the way home, so I guess I've still got some feelings there.

Worse yet, they used to have a water birth tub in the hospital, but it is BROKEN and out of service with no plans to replace it. Now, DH asked if we could bring a tub somehow, and he's supposed to talk to the director of the birth center about that this week. Still, it stresses me out. What if I don't end up WANTING the tub? I'll feel foolish for having to rent something I don't use. You can see where this stupidity spiral is heading... Blech.

Going to go grump down to breakfast for DS and I now. Painters will return, probably within an hour from now, and I'll be better prepared to meet them with food in my stomach.

--willo
#30 of 106 Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM

Oh willo...I'm so sorry about the tub and the "bleh" tour! That really stinks. I hope they let you bring one if you want it (even just a deep kiddie pool)...and you know, even if you don't use it, that's okay! I mean, maybe think of it in the same way you're probably thinking about the hospital...the hospital and birth center have lots of "tools" you don't want to use, or don't plan on using, or want to try but aren't committed to using. And no one is going to be upset if you don't use those things. Bringing a tub...well, it's a bit bigger, and it'll be a bit tougher to pack, but it's in the same family as a bottle of massage oil or a birth ball or a more medical tool like an IV or EFM...so I hope they figure out a way to make to work for you!

Though I'm planning on spending a lot more time in the shower sitting on a birth ball this time...dd's position last time made being in the tub kind of useless. I might try the tub again, but maybe not...

So I'm going through my own mini-panic here. It suddenly sank in this morning that this is Memorial Day weekend coming up (DH and I work for a university and don't get the day off so it hadn't really sunk in). My mom made some comment yesterday about how she really wants the babe to arrive on the 25th so she (my mom) will have a long weekend to help out. And for some reason I've been seeing this little one arrive on the 28th, which IS memorial day!

The thing is...I'm a VBAC. And I live in a small town with a small hospital. They are very VBAC supportive, but I am now terrified that they wont have a full surgical team available over the holiday weekend and I'll wind up with a repeat c/s as a result. Ack! (because people are out of town already so the hospital could be short staffed, and those people there aren't going to "want" to stay in the ready room for a long labor if that's what happens so they may "push" for a c/s. I trust my doctors, but not the hospital staff in general!)

So I don't know if I should root for Roro to come out today or tomorrow, or send "stay put babe" vibes till next Tuesday! Not like I can influence this much either way of course...but now I'm worried...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page