Birth announcements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-26-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will you do them? If so, what kind- email, ordered, homemade, other?

Is there a company you love and recommend? All our family lives away from us so I'm debating doing some that have a picture of the baby on them- isn't there a website that will do that for me? Anyone know? I didn't bother with them with dd, but it seems like a good idea this time.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM

I've never used them, but have received some really cute announcements from http://www.purplestork.com. HTH!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#3 of 7 Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Costco has some good ones you can order online from them if you have a costco card that is.

We used them for our first and they turned out great.

Amanda
#4 of 7 Old 05-27-2007, 10:41 AM

A lot of different stores/companies will do the photo "swag" stuff. Walmart is one, but Snapfish has better quality (in my experience) for the same price. You can also use something like Snapfish, Walmart, or Walgreens to set up photo albums that friends and relatives in different areas can print out for themselves if they want copies. We did that a lot in the first few months...we'd print some ourselves and send them to friends/family but we'd let them know where "more" photos were available. That way we weren't pushing pictures on people but grandparents (and great grandparents) had plenty of photo stuff if they want!

For dd we just had plain cards from Target...nothing specifically "baby" (since all the baby stuff seemed soooooo fluffy or very very gender specific), they were just blank inside and the front was a soft purple with flowers. Before dd arrived I wrote a quick "She's Here!" in each and after she arrived we jotted down the size/weight/length info and included a wallet sized photo of our family taken when we got home from the hospital.

The biggest help was that I had given the envelopes to DH and my mom. My mom made sure there was an envelope for each relative and DH covered his family and our friends. That way I didn't have to try and wrap my preggo brain around who had or had not been covered!

I think we'll do something similar this time...blank cards with the stats and a wallet photo. But I guess I'd better get a move on if I want those envelopes ready to go!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 7 Old 05-27-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Great ideas.

Purple stork's announcements are just beautiful- but a little more than I had planned on spending....

It looks like snapfish might be a good second choice closer to what I have to spend.... and looks really cute.

#6 of 7 Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Oh- just found some at www.shutterfly.com that are more affordable and cute too. Incase anyone else is hunting.

#7 of 7 Old 05-27-2007, 02:27 PM

I think I will go with Shutterfly. They have options to upload multiple pictures, so I can put pictures of the baby and some with the kids and baby. They are also pretty economical.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page