~* Weekly Thread May 28 - JUNE 3 *~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the most pregant I've been too. I'm 39 weeks 3 days, DS was born at 39 weeks 2 days. I'm still ok with being pregnant for a little bit longer, but I'm gonna be really bummed if I'm still pregnant on Monday (my due date). I had the massage today and I'm a tiny bit crampy but nothing major. This little guy just isn't interested in coming out

This blue moon has to work for someone tonight. Sending labor vibes out to everyone who wants them

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#62 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 02:06 PM

Me me me!

I want this little one OUT!

Okay, yes, I'm happy to wait till she is "ready" but...you know.

I'm hoping that the parade, plus the moon, plus everything I've been doing (EPO, RRL, nookie, walking, bouncing on the birth ball, rubbing those pressure points, visualization, etc) will get the show on the road. Sigh. I know that I wont be pregnant in 3 weeks. But I'ld like to know that I wont be pregnant in 3 days!

I did so want a May Babe and now it's pretty clear that Roro has plans as a June Bug. Which is fine. But...somehow May just seems like a more "birth-y" month, you know?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#63 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 02:33 PM

I'm happy to wait as well; however, I would really like to meet our little one. I'm just convinced though that if I have everything to the point that I "feel" ready that Roo will wait until things aren't so prepared. I really want the house straightened up before Roo comes, but I'm pretty sure that if I clean the house then baby won't come. So, does that mean I shouldn't clean up? I did go ahead and pay all the bills that are due before our due date just in case-that probably ruined having an early babe too!

But, on a high note, DH took me on a hot date yesterday! He took me to the local brewery for a fantastic lunch-I had a steak which I've been craving for weeks now! And then he took me to see Pirates. It was so nice to get out and do something fun!

I'm trying to figure out what I want DH to make food wise to take to the birth center for after Roo comes, and all I can think about is shrimp curry, but is there any way I'm going to want spicy food right after birth? I'm still eating lots of spicy foods now, but I have no idea what I'll want or feel like eating.

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#64 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 02:45 PM

The moon was in Scorpio last night, and I was out doing all sorts of pagan rituals (made up on the spot!) and beckoning the moon to help me out! I'm a Scorpio with a Gemini moon so I thought it'd be neat for the baby to be opposite me, but apparently the baby is already an independent thinker! So instead of being in labor today I am dealing with pinworms. EW! I hate it. One of my kids has them so it's washing the house up and down and stripping beds and medicine for everyone...jeez. Well, I'm certainly not bored. But I am not as happy as I have been and my body is SO hard to move all the sudden. Sigh...

My due date is this weekend, but I won't be surprised if I go past as I have with both my boys. Hopefully it won't be too long.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#65 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Get her out.... GET HER OUT
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hot.... and my belly is HUGE.... and her head is pushing on my nether regions... and I want her OUT!
#66 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM

yep, I'm also making peace with a june-bug baby rather than may. oh well.
the moon is messing with me though - I never sleep well during a full moon anyway, and it's even worse now!

labor vibes for all who are ready!
Next week is going to be a big week for us I just know it!!

Question for those of you with cohosh experience: My MW offered to check cervix, sweep membranes (if cervix is favorable - I haven't been checked yet the whole preg.), and 'start cohosh' on monday if I want (will be 40 weeks + 2 days). I'm ok with the first two but am pretty sure I heard sketchy things about cohosh. I have no idea what dosage she's talking about but she's been so hands off and non-interventionist all along I was surprised she brought up the cohosh option. any BTDT recommendations - should I hold off on that?

I have been pretty constipated, despite tons of fiber and water... so getting my digestive system going might be a good thing.
#67 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM

I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself by posting this... I am having some pretty obvious early labor signs today. Of course this could continue over the next few weeks, but something is telling me I'm not going to have to wait that long.

It's still a bit early for me (38 weeks tomorrow)

Guess we'll see.

The main weird thing going on right now is my boobs are stinging like engorgment. I have never heard of that as a "sign" but it certainly tells me that my hormones are in overdrive. That, plus uneasy stomach, and intermittent contractions is probably where the "odd" feeling comes from. I also feel like my body is telling me to stay home. I had errands to run and needed to go to get groceries, but I have this feeling like I need to stay home and rest/nest.

I go for a massage tonight and the timing couldn't be any better. At least if it's not tonight, I will be totally relaxed and rested.
#68 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Well, I took the castor oil. I took 1 tablespoon this morning and another tablesoon this afternoon. (this is how my midwife recommends doing it). No labor yet. It definately works as a laxative. Now we are just waiting to see what the rest of the day brings. I was really hoping for a June baby - so I just need to hold out until after midnight - it is looking that way to me. My MW if OFF call on Sunday, so I need something to happen soon.
#69 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM

Sears went and changed the delivery date from today (5/31) to 6/3--Sunday? Who knew they would deliver a stove on a Sunday? At least now I have time to wax my floor first. (The Anderson customer service email said, really, REALLY I should wax before putting in the appliances, if I want my floor protetcted. Okay!)

I bought the floor wax. How stinky do we think it is? (My clever general contractor did point out that I could wax only the area where the appliances would go, if I was worried about doing the rest before the 2-3 days post-installation that the floor mfgr recommends.)

Last night, I only had to get up once to pee! How amazing is that? It's been weeks since I did that. Pretty nice night, I have to admit. Probably means Glooby is back in some funky position, but I'll take it for a night's good sleep.

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. Wow--what a nice, reassuring thing. I love anything that makes me feel like the baby is "safer", you know?

Now, when did everyone else start taking EPO? I'm feeling like I could do that now, yes?

I am still adding stuff to my calendar. I've decided to plan a dinner out for DH's birthday for Saturday the 16th. I figure the more nice stuff I put on the calendar, the less I'll "suffer" if I go past dates.

--willo
#70 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 PM

Ah, full moon. I had the worst time falling asleep last night & am exhausted today. I wonder if my last bought of insomnia was 4 weeks ago? Time to catch some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

Sorry for all the Moms that are waiting & hoped to have May babies. It's my 1st & I just hope I don't have to wait 18 more days. Even though I'm uncomfortable at times, I think I was expecting to be even more uncomfortable (b/c I am so petite). Maybe labor will be that way....like not as bad as I imagine.

Of course Ian is pressing on my cervix (or something) in the most uncomfortable way right now.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#71 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 PM

#72 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
Question for those of you with cohosh experience: My MW offered to ... 'start cohosh' on monday if I want ... am pretty sure I heard sketchy things about cohosh... any BTDT recommendations - should I hold off on that?
My doctor (family practitioner who is fairly open to complementary medicine) last time had me take black and blue cohosh. It is also quite strongly recommended in the Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year (by S. Weed?) I know it is important to take BOTH TOGETHER, not just one of them.

I think my doctor had me start it at 39 weeks last time, but I didn't write down the details so I can't swear to that. DS was born at 39 weeks 3 days, and I had a really great labor and a good delivery (complicated by a cord around the neck, but no likely relation between that and the cohosh!)

So I've BTDT, and will likely take them again if the midwives at my current practice agree. I would be delighted to have another labor/delivery comparable to my first.

As I recall, the dose was quite small. Definitely take your practitioners's advice!

--willo
#73 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post
Even though I'm uncomfortable at times, I think I was expecting to be even more uncomfortable (b/c I am so petite). Maybe labor will be that way....like not as bad as I imagine.
I'd say the chances are good that labor will not be as difficult or painful as you imagine. My first labor was definitely hard work, and quite uncomfortable at times, but definitely not nearly as hard or painful (or long) as I had expected.

Despite a bout of heavy-duty contractions this afternoon that made me think, briefly, that labor might be starting, I'm now feeling pretty normal and once again thinking that I'll probably deliver after my due date (Monday) rather than before. Not that I mind another weekend with DH and DD before the new baby arrives. : I really do hope these major crampy (to the point of nausea) sessions are productive, though. I'd love to already be fully effaced and 3cm dialated when real labor starts!

I really haven't been good about doing any of my body-ripening stuff. I rarely remember my EPO, RRL tea, or to bounce on my birth ball. And nookie is nearly nonexistent - poor DH has trouble getting into it at this stage, though honestly I'm a total hornball! Right now I figure that if I'm still pregnant on my due date, I'll start really doing all those things as I should. Personally I won't consider doing more until I hit 41 weeks. At that point, I'll be willing to ramp up as far as necessary to avoid passing the 42 week mark and heading to the hospital. We talked briefly at my 39 week appointment about what would happen if I passed 42 weeks, and my MW said that given how sure we are of the dates, and the fact that DD was very slightly overcooked at 41 weeks, she didn't really think we should try to stretch things past the 42 week mark. Honestly, I agree with her. But the chances are very good that I'll go well before that whether I have sex and take herbs or just go on with life as usual.

Labor vibes to all who want them right now!
#74 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 05:45 PM

i'm feeling like my hunch to participate in june with a may due date was correct i'm nowhere near as pregnant as i was before. i carried isaac for 10 more days (ie. from now). i reallllllly hope i don't carry this one 10 more days. 10 days sounds like an ETERNITY right now

i can't sleep on a full moon either. always have wierd wakeful dreams and last night was more of the same. my just turned 3yo is wanting to sleep with me every night lately and he told me he doesn't want me to have the baby because he wants to go to the hospital with me. i think that's why he's clinging right now....big impending change! luckily my dh is sleeping on the couch every night because i'm tossing and turning and getting up to pee and he says i'm snoring. i think my lungs are just so compressed i'm breathing realllllly heavily. (there's no way i'd sleep a wink if all 3 of us were in our queen). i get so clausterphobic
#75 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 PM

well, saw my mw today...actually, the assistant...and.....HES HEAD DOWN!!!!!!! : : Ive been walking around with a shit eating grin all day! Im not kidding myself, though...theres a chance he'll move again, BUT im keeping happy positive thoughts!!!!

so, this means that PROJECT: EVICTION begins on Saturday!!

UGH! Last night I was having regular BH from like 9-2 AMish, along with menstural cramping and bachaches....thought it may be time soon. they finally subsided, but left me with the most unbelievable pain in my hips that spread down to my thighs. i couldnt sleep on my back, cause that made me have more cntrx, and my hips hurt too bad to lay on my sides! IT SUCKED! : so, at 2:30 i was in the tub soaking and trying to relax. thankfully, t worked like a charm and i was asleep 10 minutes after getting out. so, im once again trying to function on 4 hours sleep.

and...im having more bh every couple minutes as we speak...oh, i so need sleep!!!

is anyone able to eat? im so hungry, but the thought of food makes me sick....
#76 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM

no baby yet, not that i am surprised as dd was 40+2 i just wanted him here while dh was here but i am being to resign myself to the fact it is better to wait for baby to be ready.

so did we get any blue moon babies?
#77 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM

Project- Eviction...I love it!

The weather today is horrible...high 90's (around 98 by the most conservative thermometer I have)...and I realized we're going to have to walk about 6-7 blocks to reach the parade route! Usually the route runs only two blocks from our house but they changed the route and...well...it stinks for me! And although I was thinking I'd stay home and send dd with DH, DH came home for a few hours this afternoon since he "didn't feel well" and now he doesn't think he can go to the parade. He wants to "rest up and try to feel better in case you go into labor tonight".

Which sounds sweet until you realize that this means I am the one who has to walk (waddle?) the 14 blocks round trip and stand for an hour in extreme heat. Me. The really really pregnant one who might go into labor tonight. Sigh. I KNOW he doesn't feel good. I WANT him to take care of himself. But right now, honestly, what I really want is for him to suck it up and take DD to the parade!

And not taking dd isn't really an option...she has been talking about this for DAYS and has been in a really touchy mood today (lots of tantrums to go with the hot sticky weather) so basically if I can move I'm going to have to take her to the parade.

Quote:
is anyone able to eat? im so hungry, but the thought of food makes me sick....
I've been living on watermelon, homemade popsicles, cottage cheese, and plain yogurt. Every now and then I throw in a little buttered toast or a slice of bread with peanut butter and honey. But that's about as "heavy" as I can stand (all memories of ice cream and salami have been blocked ).

Quote:
so did we get any blue moon babies?
The blue moon (using the "second full moon in a calendar month" definition) varies based on where you are...on the east coast of the US you can technically count tonight as a full moon (going with the three day spread), but it's cheating a little bit. The US east coast blue moon wont hit till the end of June since the "true full" is June 1st and the second full moon is on June 30th.

But we should be getting a few solstice babes!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#78 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm assuming I'll get a true blue moon baby, as in end of June... my appointment today went really well, and my doc confirmed that Bean has dropped and is engaging in my pelvis. My fundal height is back up to where it should be based on my old stats - 38 cm at 36w4d... Where did the baby put all the rest of herself during the past month and a half? We may never know!

It's so exciting to hear all these labours beginning, and all the welcome threads! I have to keep my legs crossed until DH and my doctor get back into town on Monday (both of them are traveling this weekend), but after that Bean can come whenever she pleases. I suspect a few days late (blue moon is the 28th, I'm due the 24th), but we'll just have to wait and see!
#79 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm crabby. I've been crampy and exhausted today. Cramps come and go, at one point they got really intense and I got a little scared. I'm officially done with being pregnant. I want the baby to come out now : I feel crampy like I have to poop but I can't. I poked around and found my cervix, it's about 2 cm dilated and really soft. I pushed on it a lot to try to get something going then started thinking "WTH am I doing?". Ughhhh, I just want labor to happen. I'm feeling really weepy now too.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#80 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Ughhhh, I just want labor to happen. I'm feeling really weepy now too.

I am SO there with you. I don't want to have to try natural induction measures I just want baby to come. Both of my first two came on their own and by now so come on out baby!! I'm so ready to meet you!!

You'll be in my thoughts. These last weeks, days, hours are so hard.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#81 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 PM

aw, jillian! s: hang in there, sweetie! we all feel your pain...if not at this exact moment, then sometime soon soon, soon!!
p.s. you will be seeing an identical post from me sometime in the next week or 2, im sure!
#82 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 PM

Home again...

2/3 of the way through the parade the heavens opened. Sky turned green/grey. The temp dropped from almost 100 to barely 60 in about 10 minutes so the wind was insane (branches and pollen and all sorts of stuff). Then thunder and lightning...the sort where you'd swear the sky was cracking. Followed by rain. Not happy late spring rain, not yummy summer rain, but huge hard cold drops flung about by a seriously pissed off storm. To the point that by the time we had stood up and collected our bottles and cameras and various toddlers we were all soaked.

And then it rained harder.

I set the world's record for speed waddle with Laia straddling my belly...I wound up being 9 blocks in the torrential rain (had to take off my glasses to see) with the streets filled to the curbs with fast moving nasty water and who knows what crud. Laia screaming the whole way about being wet, and cold, and dirty, and wet, and cold, and wet, and...

Sigh.

DH met us at the door with towels but Laia has just now screamed herself to sleep...on the living room floor. I'm thinking we just leave her there for a while!

What a night...full moon, monsoon, mad dash while carrying a toddler...SOMETHING better jiggle this little one out!

#83 of 118 Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM

Poor Wombat! Poor Laia!

Here's hoping your new baby enjoyed the thunderstorm more than your big girl. Maybe it will be enticing.

I'm glad to say I'm not as miserable as some of you, but I sure do get tired of the crotch-stabbing sensations.

I've been desperately trying to get some laundry done, but I JUST CAN'T DO IT! I can't bend down to reach into the washer and dryer. I can't carry the baskets up and down from the basement. Arg! (Because I only can tolerate about three items of clothing right now, and it's been hot and sweaty weather mostly, and I must get those clothes CLEAN. GRR!)

--willo
#84 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 AM

i could go and complain in detail, but i'll just say ditto jillian! considering we are due the same day, i'm not surprised our bodies are playing the same game. i was super crampy today too and while i was making lunch i got all shaky and my pulse was so fast. and my reaction? i was scared too! all i do is beg this baby to come because it's so freakin HOTTTTTTTTTTT here and when i feel like something might be happening, i get scared!! i was alone with my littlest, and i just felt suddenly so vulnerable...i am such a control freak that labor is challenging for me. once i'm there, though, i let go really well, but thinking about it coming is a different story!

ugh. it's so hot i can't breathe.

and honestly, WE AREN'T EVEN AT OUR DUE DATE YET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! so we really can't freak out yet, right??

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#85 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 AM

Sitting here so uncomfortable with my 18 month old tossing and turning in our bed, poor baby. We are a couple of sad girls tonight! Her tummy hurts from the medicine her ped. prescribed for some crazy intense allergy she's developed (she's covered in a rash). I'm having bh's and cramping and lower back ache and can't sleep because little miss Emma does not usually sleep in our bed (she hates it, we don't mind so much).

Uh oh, she's waking up again...

10 minutes later...

Can't wait until hubby returns from work at around 1:20am. I need to sleep, feeling like we might have this babe sooner rather than later!!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#86 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 AM

Woke up to a LOOOONG crampy feeling during a ridiculously long string of thunderclaps around 5 am. Doesn't seem like the storm was anywhere near here--no rain or anything--but a full moon PLUS weird weather? Yikes!

I usually do my relaxation during a cramp with "My body is relaxing and opening to prepare for my baby's birth", but, this time, I didn't think I should encourage any more opening quite yet. I mean, yeah, we're 37 weeks today (yay!), but I will be very pleased to wait until next weekend when my mom arrives so I don't have anything to worry about with DS, etc.

Let's see... Looking at my calendar, if this baby wants to make life as easy as possible for me, we need to get past receiving the new stove (6/3), the air conditioner installation (6/4-6), Mom's arrival (6/9), pedicures with Mom (6/10), DS's class performance at the last day of preschool (6/14), and DH's birthday dinner out (6/16.)

Actually, if we go by my earlier possible due date (6/21), and by the date DS was born (4 days early), this little one could be born on Sunday, the 17th, thus neatly avoiding a traffic-ful weekday and also all of my commitments. How convenient!

Now that I've planned this out, I will get my "worst case scenario"--a baby who waits until July! Aside from the fact that I really hate summer weather, making July an unpopular month with me, my Dad will be here July 3-10, and I will NOT SURVIVE having to deal with immediate post-partum issues with our single bathroom with an extra houseguest. I really won't!

--willo
#87 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 AM

Sunday is my "official" due date, but I really hope this boy makes his appearance before then. Like many of you, I am done with being pregnant. I want to lay down without it taking me 10 minutes to get comfortable. I want to be able to bend down. I want to wear my old clothes again.

I was also very cranky yesterday. I alternate between being at peace and calm to not being able to stand anything. Having more time on my hands now that I stopped working is new for me too - I just don't know what to do with myself.

Think I'll go for a nice long walk this morning before it gets too bloody hot.
#88 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM

2 hours of nice, strong, 4 minute contractions and then nothing...

Ok... lets get this show on the road.
#89 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Happy birth month June momma's, now lets get this show on the road! I expect to hear about a few more babie very soon, hopefully I will be sharing my story too!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#90 of 118 Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWax View Post
2 hours of nice, strong, 4 minute contractions and then nothing...

Ok... lets get this show on the road.
Same here, but make that 5 hours. I had my MW appt this morning, it was awful. I'm still crying about it. Baby is posterior, turns out my cervix isn't dilated much at all and still has lots of effacing to do. The baby's head is so high that she had to recheck to make sure he was head down. She's pretty sure he is. So all of these contractions aren't doing a thing because his head is not down. MW says it's a good thing because it will be easier to turn him anterior if his head is not engaged in my pelvis. Until baby is anterior and engaged labor will not truly start.

I'm trying *really* hard to stay positive and trust in my baby and body. As a Doula I give my clients this talk all the time, but right now I'm having a ahrd time not thinking about all of the "what ifs". I'm really sad today. I think I'm gonna take a few days away from the computer to rest and stop getting myself so upset. So don't think I've had the baby if I'm away for a day or two.

's to all of the other mamas dealing with this end of pregnancy sadness. I hope we're all done soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page